Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

casual poster posted:

Ah!!! So glad I convinved her to go to Kaer Morhen!

Also how the hell do I sail? I've been swimming to the ?'s in the middle of the sea. And is there anyway to get away from sea monsters? The crossbow is really ineffective so I kind of just swim away and try to pick up the loot really fast.
The crossbow kills enemies in one hit if you're swimming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

I think it's kind of funny that people are so upset about the Baron's second taking over Crow's Perch, considering that the very first interaction most people will have with the Baron's men are a group of thugs confiscating food from peasants. New boss, same as the old boss.

The Sargent is more indiscriminate about terrorising the countryside. Some of the Barons men complain about him not allowing them to rape whoever they want and even if they rough up peasants out in the villages, at least they aren't doing it right on the Barons doorstep. Which changes when he leaves.

Was that not meant to be the point when you go there afterwards and suddenly the guards are being more horrible than usual?

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"

webmeister posted:

Turn on the alternate movement style in the gameplay options, it makes Geralt feel like less of a cargo ship. The horse still sucks and you'll still have a bit of difficulty interacting with the right object as well.

Oh hey a shopkeeper, I wonder if he wants to play gwent!
*proceeds to light/extinguish a nearby candle repeatedly*

Don't worry about the gear, it's honestly not that important. You can go on scavenger hunts to get witcher gear which is generally the best stuff available at any given level, but if gearwhoring is your thing then you're going to be disappointed. The exploration is pretty awesome though, you can just wander around and see awesome vistas, and you'll often stumble into interesting happenings/quests etc.

It's definitely not a game for "hardcore RPGers", whatever that is. I've loved almost every minute of this game, but at the same time I thought Pillars of Eternity was super boring (oh yay I'm going to play a mage that has to sleep after casting 3 spells, how fun) and Bioware games are super annoying (endless dialogue trees that don't affect anything, awesome).

Stick with it.

This is great feedback, thanks. I'll try the alternate movement style. I do enjoy the vistas and exploration (similar to my experience with Red Dead Redemption in that regard) so I'll keep at it. The scavenger hunts for Witcher gear - where do I normally found those quests, on the message boards within a given town? Interestingly, I'm playing on the lowest difficulty and I still find the game challenging. The lack of health regeneration means if I'm in a long dungeon and I run out of bread / grapes / water / chicken legs, I'm in some serious trouble. I have no problem playing games on harder difficulty, but it seems like I'm missing something - like I missed an essential quest or gear and I happen to be massively underleveled for where I am in the story line.

For example, I just finished the Elf lamp quest with Sorceress Sally No Bra, and I excited the cave out near a river. I check a map, and I see there is one of those agility point towers very close by. I call my horse, inadvertently loot 5 flowers in frustration, and head over. Suddenly, I'm surrounded by 4-5 flying spectres who are twice my level - actually pretty cool "ambush" experience near the agility tower, but they are twice my level (I'm level 7) so I instantly get rekt.

With this experience, was I supposed to get destroyed like that? Or as I mentioned, am I just really under leveled from where I am in the game? I've done about 65% of the side quests I've come across, and I'm at the lowest difficulty, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, apart from being a general clueless idiot when it comes to this game. If I am under leveled, it would be cool if the game said "hey dipshit. you are under leveled, go do side quest x,y,z"

Also, why does any game in 2015 include a "repair equipment" feature? It just feels like it's one more thing for me to worry about.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
No, Velen has plenty of stuff you're not intended to do immediately like that treasure, one example's the Missing Brother contract. Just come back later if you wish, or get better gear for chance of success.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

The main questline "Battle Preparations" is the one where you start getting into Point of No Return territory until the end of the game, and you are immediately thrown back to Velen once you finish the game so you can continue questing if you wish. There's probably some sidequests before "Isle of Mists" that get locked out if you haven't done them, since there's an explicit warning pop-up before you do it, but if you have done sidequests that are in your current level range or below it you should be good to go. Witcher contracts in particular seem to be plot-unrelated and thus you can freely do them after the end of the game.

There's also some sidequests that influence the ending, but those should be fairly obvious to you. They're the ones with far-reaching political consequences and involve major characters.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

Nephthys posted:

Was that not meant to be the point when you go there afterwards and suddenly the guards are being more horrible than usual?

I'm sure it is (I didn't work on this section) and there's definitely the implication that the guy is a worse sort than the Baron, but I also think that the Baron's crimes tend to get downplayed or outright forgotten in the light of his personal issues.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
i've been playing this since release date and i think it's the longest loving game i have ever played, even longer than elder scrolls and i haven't even modded the drat thing yet. i still haven't beat it. i only just found out where ciri is. :| i feel like i'm not even half way yet and im only level 25. loving value for money but dammit i have life, cdpr.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

If it's any consolation you're something like 2/3 way through.

If you're not enjoying Gwent, boxing or racing, just drop that poo poo. The treasure hunts are not necessary either. Pick one gear set and get diagrams for that, you'll be fine.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

I'm sure it is (I didn't work on this section) and there's definitely the implication that the guy is a worse sort than the Baron, but I also think that the Baron's crimes tend to get downplayed or outright forgotten in the light of his personal issues.

There's a certain amount of brutality that's pretty much a given in a world like this, though. Most of the Baron's crimes are more related to his personal issues than his Baron-hood.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

What the Baron does in his personal life is super hosed up. He's a complex character though and you see him helping people as well as being a massive dick, which is pretty cool. I could see both liking the guy and hating his guts as being natural reactions.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

wintrrmute posted:

This is great feedback, thanks. I'll try the alternate movement style. I do enjoy the vistas and exploration (similar to my experience with Red Dead Redemption in that regard) so I'll keep at it. The scavenger hunts for Witcher gear - where do I normally found those quests, on the message boards within a given town? Interestingly, I'm playing on the lowest difficulty and I still find the game challenging. The lack of health regeneration means if I'm in a long dungeon and I run out of bread / grapes / water / chicken legs, I'm in some serious trouble. I have no problem playing games on harder difficulty, but it seems like I'm missing something - like I missed an essential quest or gear and I happen to be massively underleveled for where I am in the story line.

For example, I just finished the Elf lamp quest with Sorceress Sally No Bra, and I excited the cave out near a river. I check a map, and I see there is one of those agility point towers very close by. I call my horse, inadvertently loot 5 flowers in frustration, and head over. Suddenly, I'm surrounded by 4-5 flying spectres who are twice my level - actually pretty cool "ambush" experience near the agility tower, but they are twice my level (I'm level 7) so I instantly get rekt.

With this experience, was I supposed to get destroyed like that? Or as I mentioned, am I just really under leveled from where I am in the game? I've done about 65% of the side quests I've come across, and I'm at the lowest difficulty, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, apart from being a general clueless idiot when it comes to this game. If I am under leveled, it would be cool if the game said "hey dipshit. you are under leveled, go do side quest x,y,z"

Also, why does any game in 2015 include a "repair equipment" feature? It just feels like it's one more thing for me to worry about.

One thing I didn't realise at first is that witcher potions are refilled every time you meditate so long as you have a form of strong alcohol in your inventory (usually alcohest or dwarvern stuff) so once you get the alchemy done for the 'Swallow' potion (which comes up when dealing with that herbalist early on) you technically have it for good and can lean on it when times get rough.
The same rule applies to the decoctions which give a longer, more powerful effect.
Oils are infinite use, though you have a limited number of uses per weapon per application and they can only be applied to weapons outside of combat.

With the replenishing potions, I've ignored food items for quite a while now.
The ekhidna decoction in particular is an amazing healing backup (though it's quite a while into the game) as for half an hour any signs you cast will heal you which is extremely abusable at times.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

In terms of "Pre-Fight" preparation, there are 35 minute potions called Decoctions that are crafted from boss components and all have really different effects. They are also very high toxicity so you can probably only use one at a time (and even that will make it a bit tricky to use mid-fight potions without the other alchemy passives).

They are basically the Megaman boss weapons of Witcher.

That said I really wanna play Witcher 2 after hearing about a lot of the stuff they took out but also this game will take me a year to finish I don't need another one

Sad lions posted:

One thing I didn't realise at first is that witcher potions are refilled every time you meditate so long as you have a form of strong alcohol in your inventory (usually alcohest or dwarvern stuff) so once you get the alchemy done for the 'Swallow' potion (which comes up when dealing with that herbalist early on) you technically have it for good and can lean on it when times get rough.
The same rule applies to the decoctions which give a longer, more powerful effect.
Oils are infinite use, though you have a limited number of uses per weapon per application and they can only be applied to weapons outside of combat.

Potions, as well as bombs btw. I was being so stingy with my bombs until I realized this, which is a shame because they're really fun. At some point when you have like 6 bomb types in your inventory there's no downside really to cycling through all of them in a single fight (you can re-equip in battle). I got a new enhanced one that makes a cloud that explodes when you Igni it, which is hilarious

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Oh also I cannot decide on a skill build AT ALL.

I maxed out light attack and got the cat school to hit things with
I got 3 points in Axii cuz dialogue choices and I couldn't resist
2 points in Heightened Tolerance because it seems to increase tolerance a whole lot for a small investment (and it scales without skill points, just recipes I find)

I just started putting points in Heavy Attack as well so I can unlock more attack stuff. I like spells, potions, bombs and attacks I can't decide. The battles are fun!

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

In terms of "Pre-Fight" preparation, there are 35 minute potions called Decoctions that are crafted from boss components and all have really different effects. They are also very high toxicity so you can probably only use one at a time (and even that will make it a bit tricky to use mid-fight potions without the other alchemy passives).

They are basically the Megaman boss weapons of Witcher.

That said I really wanna play Witcher 2 after hearing about a lot of the stuff they took out but also this game will take me a year to finish I don't need another one

Potions, as well as bombs btw. I was being so stingy with my bombs until I realized this, which is a shame because they're really fun. At some point when you have like 6 bomb types in your inventory there's no downside really to cycling through all of them in a single fight (you can re-equip in battle). I got a new enhanced one that makes a cloud that explodes when you Igni it, which is hilarious

I seriously keep forgetting about the bombs almost constantly.
Actually, speaking of decoctions, is there only the one chance to get that doppler mutagen?
I suppose while I'm asking stuff:
Firstly, what's the highest level of runestones and glyphs?
Secondly, if I equip one on a piece of witcher gear then upgrade that gear does the upgrade item remain?

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Sad lions posted:

Firstly, what's the highest level of runestones and glyphs?
Secondly, if I equip one on a piece of witcher gear then upgrade that gear does the upgrade item remain?

The highest level is tier 3, greater. And yes, the slot upgrades stick if you upgrade the gear.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Someone please post your most winningest northern realms deck tia.

Because you acquire cards at random, it's probably better to have a general strategy. My go-to deck is still Northern Realms, even though I never got any other Foltests, for example. Here's my general strategy:
  • Keep your special cards minimal. Keep your unit cards at 22.
  • For special cards, have 1 of whatever your hero power is if it's weather-based. Always trade this out of your hand if you draw it. Beyond that, I roll with two decoys, two horns, and one scorch.
  • For unit cards, keep trading in better cards as you get them, removing any with low attack power or no special effect. The one that gives plus one to others in a row is pretty useless; bond is good if you have three or more; medic and spy are always solid bets.
  • Once you are really cleaning up and have a significant amount of heroes in your deck, you might want to drop one of your two horns.

At this point, I think my deck is:
Heroes: Philippa, Roche, Esterad, Ciri, Mysterious Elf, Yennifer, Natalis
Spies: 1x Thaler, 1x Dijkstra, 1x Stennis (plus the Mysterious Elf)
Bond: 3x Blue Stripe Commando, 2x Catapault
Scorch: 1x Villentretenmerth
Medic: Dun Banner Medic
Generic: some trebuchets, maybe Keira, I think I took out Dandelion, some other 5 or 6 attack trash.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
NR Deck of +1 Gwenting:

3x Crinford
3x Blue Stripes
All the spies (Thaler, Dijkstra, Stennis, Elf)
3x Decoy
2x Horn
1x Biting Frost
John Natalis
Phillipa Eilhart
Esterad Thyssen
Yennefer
Geralt
Dandelion
Ciri
Villentretenmerth
2x Catapults
2x Trebuchet
Dun Banner Medic
Leader: Foltest, Siegemaster

Dump all cards value 5 or lower, as soon as you can and still make unit card count.

OAquinas fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Aug 11, 2015

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

Antti posted:

The highest level is tier 3, greater. And yes, the slot upgrades stick if you upgrade the gear.

Sweet. Thanks!

I was honestly surprised at just how great this game was. Surprisingly engrossing in even the most mundane events/quests and a length that surprised me several times. Still yet to beat it but I'm in the last segments (I think) and am just going around making all the master crafted stuff in advance of the finale and NG+.
The paid dlc is going to be a certain buy for me.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

They do, the empathy people feel for the Baron (which is totally fine, you should feel empathy for him) makes them view his actions less objectively and downplay his crimes. He kind of earned his death in the other ending. I think even he'd agree, since it's a suicide and all.

That said his sergeant is even worse and doesn't put in even the modicum of effort the Baron did to keep his band of deserters and bandits in line.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Oh also I cannot decide on a skill build AT ALL.

I maxed out light attack and got the cat school to hit things with
I got 3 points in Axii cuz dialogue choices and I couldn't resist
2 points in Heightened Tolerance because it seems to increase tolerance a whole lot for a small investment (and it scales without skill points, just recipes I find)

I just started putting points in Heavy Attack as well so I can unlock more attack stuff. I like spells, potions, bombs and attacks I can't decide. The battles are fun!

Maybe try a Jedi build? I have! I have all of the skills from the Fast Attack tree, Arrow Deflection and Fleet Footed from the Defense tree, and Resolve and Undying from the Battle Trance tree. I also have far reaching Aard, and up through Puppet on Axii. I've got Cat School Techniques, and have been rocking all the feline armor and the ursine swords, and I'll never use anything than the dismemberment trophies. It's been a pretty fun build. Aard can be kinda hinky as to how it works; if something is charging or jumping at you, Aard won't knock them down until after they hit you. Puppet can be pretty fun. Sometimes I just dodge around and puppet folks until they die. I never use Quen unless I'm fighting something multiple levels higher than me, and I don't use Yrden unless I'm fighting a wraith. Igni tends to be reserved for bee nests.

Of cours3, you can mix and max to your satisfaction.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
In other news, the mods apparently had to lock all character discussions threads on the official forums because the place had turned into BSN.

Why are official forums always so bad?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
They turned into Bachelor of Science in Nursing? BarneS and Noble?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
You know now that I have a few spies in my deck my gwent opponents are pretty easy to beat. finished all the velen players quest except for the soothsayer because i haven't explored that area yet, but if my deck is only gunna get stronger I wonder how much challenge will remain. Haven't lost a match in awhile.

E^ Bioware Social Network. Think ten pages on Tali's sweat.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

They turned into Bachelor of Science in Nursing?

Not until October when Shani is put into the game.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Someone please post your most winningest northern realms deck tia.

Where are all the alternate haircuts? I have the DLC installed but none of the barbers are offering any fresh do's :mad:

I just beat High stakes with complete ease (didn't need to restart even once) with what boils down to the following:

3x Blue jacket guys (forget the exact name, they're 4 value and have the cooperation thing that makes them double in value)
2x Catapults (the ones that double in value if they're both out at the same time)
A smattering of trebuchets and other 6 value siege cards
A smattering of melee cards, minimum value of five (Ves, Vesimir etc.)
3x Decoys
3x War horns
2x Frost
1x Clear Weather
1x Scorch
1x Siege medic
Gold dragon guy with front line scorch
Dykstra (spy)
Thaler (spy)
Stennis (spy)
Avallach (spy)
Dandelion
Yen
Geralt
Roche
Ciri
Natalis
Leader: Clear Weather Foltest

A few gwent tips:
- +10 legendary cards without other effects are a trap, use them sparingly. I only keep a couple to fill out the deck. Non-legendaries paired with war horns are more valuable albeit susceptible to scorch and weather, although weather shouldn't be a big deal at all.
- If you have your gold dragon guy (gently caress trying to type his name) with the scorch effect make sure to keep a couple freeze weather cards in your deck. Nothing is funnier than playing someone with a billion melee cards like every monster deck ever and playing a freeze followed by your gold dragon to eliminate literally every melee card he has from the table. Even better is using a decoy to pull him out and then using him again. You can do some really funny shenanigans with the gold dragon and freeze cards.
- Spies, medics, and decoys are worth their weight in gold. Always, always have them in your deck as soon as you get them. Some of the later people you'll play will also have a lot of spies and you can literally pull out your entire deck over the course of a game if spies are recycled enough with decoys and medics.
- Cooperation cards own if you have them. The two 8 value catapults can cooperate with each other and become worth 16 each. Add a war horn and you have 64 points off just three cards. But be really careful with playing cooperation cards. The AI is like clockwork in scorching cooperating cards as soon as they're played. Try to bait out the scorch with other high value cards or otherwise hold out on doing it until the last second.
- Baiting the AI into taking a turn way beyond what he should is pretty key. Try to bait the AI to keep a round going and when they've used up a significant portion of their cards just pass no matter who is winning. You'll sleep walk to victory the following round
- Hold doing any weather shenanigans to the end or a round unless you're doing something specific with scorch or the gold dragon.

The Iron Rose posted:

You know now that I have a few spies in my deck my gwent opponents are pretty easy to beat. finished all the velen players quest except for the soothsayer because i haven't explored that area yet, but if my deck is only gunna get stronger I wonder how much challenge will remain. Haven't lost a match in awhile.

Not much, although there are a couple of opponents in the High Stakes quest that have really really good decks. You end up playing once deck of each type - the nonhuman deck and the monster deck you play are of course garbage, but the halfling with the Northern deck and the Nilfgaard deck are really nasty and you really will lose if you don't have a good deck.

Ice Fist fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Aug 11, 2015

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I hope the expansions introduce new gwent cards and make Scoia'tael and Monster decks worth using.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Just start playing with a Nilfgaard deck ya scrubs.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I can't get Saskia, Milva, and Iorveth in a Nilfgaard deck, so gently caress them.

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
Will i lock myself out of any velen/novigrad quests by popping over to Skellige for a bit?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Illegal Username posted:

Will i lock myself out of any velen/novigrad quests by popping over to Skellige for a bit?
Nope. Never. You can use signposts to travel between them as often as you would like.

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
Thanks!

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
In theory you can go to Skellike right off and there's even altered dialogue if you do that. It makes me think the game was originally less linear than it is in its current state and the leveling of opponents and stuff may have gone through multiple iterations.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

Illegal Username posted:

AFAIK, the four points at which some quests will auto-fail are:
  • Leaving White Orchard for the first time
  • Duelling quest objectives between "Get Junior" and "Gangs of Novigrad"
  • During "Ugly Baby," leaving Crow's Perch with Uma (this is major and unmarked; do all your act 1 questing beforehand).
  • Starting Isles of Mist (explicitely marked).

There are also other ways to fail out of being able to get all the Gwent cards, but eh.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

The Sharmat posted:

In theory you can go to Skellike right off and there's even altered dialogue if you do that. It makes me think the game was originally less linear than it is in its current state and the leveling of opponents and stuff may have gone through multiple iterations.
I went to Skellige at level 6 and nearly got my rear end handed to me on the boat ride over, but I cheesed it and then promptly ran around Skellige grabbing all the places of power and Gwent cards. I didnt do any of the quests though because I was so under-leveled.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I'm looking forward to New Game + purely to make doing stuff in whatever weird order I feel like easier.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
I think this game would be great without any level progression at all. Just reward ability points and slots upon completion of major quests, contracts, places of power.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

f#a# posted:

AFAIK, the four points at which some quests will auto-fail are:
  • Leaving White Orchard for the first time
  • Duelling quest objectives between "Get Junior" and "Gangs of Novigrad"
  • During "Ugly Baby," leaving Crow's Perch with Uma (this is major and unmarked; do all your act 1 questing beforehand).
  • Starting Isles of Mist (explicitely marked).

There are also other ways to fail out of being able to get all the Gwent cards, but eh.

The King's Gambit quest will auto-fail at least one quest.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Yeah, what is the minimum level one can do most of skellige? On my first play through I cleared all of my Velen quest log before and was hilariously overleved for much of the content. I'm level 12 on my second play through and have Novigrad to do and am considering popping over to skellige for a bit.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

The Sharmat posted:

I hope the expansions introduce new gwent cards and make Scoia'tael and Monster decks worth using.

There's a ton of cool things they could do. For instance I think it'd be awesome if there were some monster cards which inherently provided weather effects. Play a Noonwraith and the weather is cleared, or a foglet and suddenly the 2nd row is fogged in. I mean, they could also add some more wild hunt cards and induce a freeze effect just on the opponent's front row. Monsters though need some sustainability. Even with the proposed changes monster decks would still suck because they don't have any spies or medics. They need someway to stay in the game and compete with Northern and Nilfgaard decks that can have half their deck in their hand after a round. Maybe some kind of anti-spy?

Possibilities are endless really. Gwent is one of the things that this game stands to make deeper and much more fun than it already is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
It's true, but a big part of what makes gwent a very good game is that it's mechanically very simple. I don't think anything should be added until we get a chance to play a bunch of multiplayer. There's a lot of interesting information-based strategies that are more-or-less wasted on the AI. Against the AI, you can reliably bait their scorches, while a human player isn't going to fall for that.