Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Jason Wilcox and Stuart Ripley whipping balls onto the heads of Shearer and Sutton. Tim Sherwood running the midfield (who needs Zidane?). What a time to be alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

sassassin posted:

Jason Wilcox and Stuart Ripley whipping balls onto the heads of Shearer and Sutton. Tim Sherwood running the midfield (who needs Zidane?). What a time to be alive.

Dont forget about Batts

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Nolberto Solano was cool and good.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
1860 Munich fans face Bayern Munich shopping trip or jail

"I wanted to show that football is football and not a battlefield."

These are the words of judge Karin Jung, who gave two 1860 Munich fans the choice to buy Bayern merchandise for a fan they attacked - or spend 15 months in jail. The defendants, who refused to name a third person involved when they ripped the jacket, shirt and straw hat off the Bayern fan last year, opted for the pride-swallowing trip to the rival club store.

"I thought about what would be really painful to them, and doing something like this really bothers this type of people," Jung - who got the victim's consent for the quirky sentence - told Bild newspaper.

This was no cheap shopping trip though as according to their lawyer, the accused parted with around £350 each in compensation as well as handing over a Bayern hat, scarf and jersey in court.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33790465

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

JFairfax posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nzT6B3-HZQ

Legend

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Apparently Yann M'vila is a) a Sunderland player and b) mental

"Sunderland Echo posted:

New Sunderland signing Yann M’Vila saw red in his first appearance for the club - after headbutting a Norwich City player in a reserve match.

A lack of match fitness saw M’Vila sit out the season opener at Leicester City, with the French midfielder instead starting for the Under-21s against Norwich City at Eppleton CW this afternoon.

But he saw red in the second half after headbutting Jamar Liza miday through the half after the Norwich striker had been in a tussle with Sunderland defender Tom Beadling.

M’Vila had looked promising in his debut up until that point.

He has joined on a season-long loan deal from Russian club Rubin Kazan, with a view to a permanent switch next summer.

M’Vila lost his way during two years in Russia – making just 24 appearances for Kazan before being sent to Inter Milan on loan, and being dogged by a series of off-the-field problems.

But M’Vila was regarded as one of the top prospects in France after coming through the ranks at Rennes. He was handed his international debut aged just 20 and attracted the attention of Liverpool and Arsenal before moving to Kazan in a £10million deal.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!

JFairfax posted:

:love: Ñol :love:

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Looks like Evra is in trouble again http://m.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Fantastic-Negrito-s-Outside-Lands-show-canceled-6433539.php

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

lmao

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I get home, I get to bed, and I've got a couple of packets of wine gums and I wake my dad up and I say, "The wine gums are f***ing looking at me," and he says, "Eat the bastards and get to bed,"

Interview with Gazza, conducted by a oval office but it's good nonetheless.

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/entertainment/articles/2015-08/10/paul-gascoigne-alastair-campbell

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Meanwhile Azerbaijani international footballer Javid Huseynov has been implicated in the murder of Rasim Aliyev, a journalist who criticised him on social media.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/aug/10/azerbaijani-journalist-rasim-aliyev-javid-huseynov

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

I didn't like Kieron Dyer, but he did punch Lee Bowyer in the face, which deserves due credit

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
that was loving glorious, would love to see Souness take on the pair of them!

‘I was sent off first and I was waiting in the tunnel to get some revenge. He came in, and we had two massive masseurs and they just dunked us on their shoulders,’ said the 35-year-old former England international, who retired last year.

‘It was like a cartoon when your feet are dangling off the ground and we were trying to get at each other. We are sat in the changing room and they were in the middle of us.

‘I was thinking how I could get to him. Then we heard the final whistle.

‘Boumsong came in and said, “If you want to fight, fight now”. I was wanting to fight and get the revenge.

‘Then Souness came in and said, “If you want to fight I’ll beat both of you”. Al came in and I never saw him lose it like that – he went mad and called us selfish and a disgrace. He knew we’d have a three-match suspension and miss the FA Cup semi-final that was coming up.’

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I heard a story about Dyer in Blue Bamboo upstaging a showboating cocktail barman by setting fire to a £50 note in front of him, not sure how true it is.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Those numbers again: in 17 years he played just over 300 matches, scoring 23 Premier League goals, including none at all between 2007 and 2013. In this time he earned between £20m and £30m in wages. He never won a trophy or any individual award of note.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/aug/02/1

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Vagabundo posted:

Meanwhile Azerbaijani international footballer Javid Huseynov has been implicated in the murder of Rasim Aliyev, a journalist who criticised him on social media.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/aug/10/azerbaijani-journalist-rasim-aliyev-javid-huseynov

You could say he kicked Racim out of football

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Breath Ray posted:

You could say he kicked Racim out of football

Hahaha

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Costa Rican national team head coach Paulo Wanchope in fist fight with fan at U-23 match

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Wow he fights very poorly for one of them

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Drogadon, I know you're not a fan of Chope as manager, but you really didn't need to go this far

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Why did he push that kid? Also, the guy who kicked his rear end is awesome.

Edit: n/m the guy pushed him into the kid.

CubanMissile fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Aug 12, 2015

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

JFairfax posted:

Those numbers again: in 17 years he played just over 300 matches, scoring 23 Premier League goals, including none at all between 2007 and 2013. In this time he earned between £20m and £30m in wages. He never won a trophy or any individual award of note.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/aug/02/1

I preferred this passage of absurdity:

Guardian posted:

He was also – and paradoxically perhaps – always a hopeful player, communicating to the end that same sense of doomed youthful zest. So much so that it still seems inconceivable that the season will be allowed to start without the certainty that somewhere, on some distant substitutes' bench, Kieron Dyer is still crouched beneath his knitted beanie hat, removing his headphones, doing some stretches, coming on as an 87th-minute substitute and darting about with that old compelling sense of skittish purpose, perhaps even putting together a run of games, scoring a few goals, staying fit at last, against all odds getting another England call-up, playing finally like the Kieron Dyer of the imagination, filling that problematic forward scamper-munchkin role, leading England to Brazil in triumph, conjuring a series of improbable victories against the head, and ending up captured forever in iconic pose, tears streaming down his face as he lifts the World Cup, borne aloft on the shoulders of Joe Cole, Shaun Wright-Phillips and Jonathan Woodgate as behind him a weeping Kevin Keegan …

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

can tell without clicking that that's a barney ronay article

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I heard a story about Dyer in Blue Bamboo upstaging a showboating cocktail barman by setting fire to a £50 note in front of him, not sure how true it is.

The version I heard was abroad somewhere and it was a homeless guy, unless that's another cunty player

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

CubanMissile posted:

Why did he push that kid? Also, the guy who kicked his rear end is awesome.

Edit: n/m the guy pushed him into the kid.

Kicked his rear end lol

SandersPacheco
Jul 15, 2004

Faster than light

lmao he even sucks at fighting... #FueraChope

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Diafra Sakho got arrested for allegedly beating a girlfriend: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/12/west-ham-diafra-sakho-arrested-suspicion-assault

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Was his girlfriend named Arsenal?????????

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

St Evan Echoes posted:

can tell without clicking that that's a barney ronay article

Football's Thomas Friedman posted:

like the last Japanese soldier still frantically fighting the second world war in a small jungle copse in rural Burma

As opposed to all the jungle copses in urban Burma.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Shrapnig posted:

Was his girlfriend named Arsenal?????????

Domestic abuse is no joke.

He beat her legs.

He beat her arms.

He beat her torso.

And he beat her Arsenal.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Okay this isn't even football but just pretend they are football players, something similar must have happened in a footy game.

Nick Kyrgios caught saying a player 'banged your girlfriend' during Wawrinka match

One of the strangest tennis moments you'll ever see occurred on Wednesday during the match between Nick Kyrgios and Stan Wawrinka at the 2015 Rogers Cup in Montreal. Kyrgios has been known to speak his mind on the court and some might even say he takes things a little too far. If that wasn't the case before Wednesday, it probably is now after this.

While the audio isn't perfect, it's pretty clear Kyrgios starts "Kokkinakis banged your girlfriend" apparently referring to Thanasi Kokkinakis. Judging from video from Sports Net, it sounds like the second part of the comment was "sorry to tell you that, mate."

http://www.sbnation.com/tennis/2015/8/12/9146487/nick-kyrgios-stan-warwrinka-girlfriend-kokkinakis-vine

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Just when I thought I couldn't love Kyrgios any more

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Okay this is a football one:

Neo-Nazi sports team Ostelbien to be kicked out of local league

The German football league has finally moved to get rid of one of its most infamous members. FC Ostelbien Dornburg, founded in the far-right scene, has become renowned for assaulting opposing players and referees. It has long been public knowledge that FC Ostelbien Dornburg was a predominantly neo-Nazi outfit, but the Saxony-Anhalt Football Federation (FSA) has now bowed to media pressure and applied to have the team thrown out of its league - the eastern German state's local Kreisliga, or the tenth tier of Germany's football league system.

The club represents a district of barely 270 inhabitants in a small town called Gommern, outside Magdeburg, but the violence of its 18 squad members - 15 of whom are recognized by the state intelligence agency as neo-Nazis - has made national headlines for several months.

Club captain Dennis Wesemann has faced charges of assault, disturbing the peace, and showing symbols of banned organizations, while four local clubs have refused to play against Ostelbien, and 59 of 65 local referees are refusing to officiate their games. The FSA's action seems to be the culmination of increased media coverage, especially by the "Taz" newspaper, who reported an incident where a Kosovo Albanian player was spat on and attacked by Ostelbien's Wesemann during a game.

http://www.dw.com/en/neo-nazi-sports-team-ostelbien-to-be-kicked-out-of-local-league/a-18648170

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Wanchope resigned

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

JFairfax posted:

Okay this is a football one:

Neo-Nazi sports team Ostelbien to be kicked out of local league

The German football league has finally moved to get rid of one of its most infamous members. FC Ostelbien Dornburg, founded in the far-right scene, has become renowned for assaulting opposing players and referees. It has long been public knowledge that FC Ostelbien Dornburg was a predominantly neo-Nazi outfit, but the Saxony-Anhalt Football Federation (FSA) has now bowed to media pressure and applied to have the team thrown out of its league - the eastern German state's local Kreisliga, or the tenth tier of Germany's football league system.

The club represents a district of barely 270 inhabitants in a small town called Gommern, outside Magdeburg, but the violence of its 18 squad members - 15 of whom are recognized by the state intelligence agency as neo-Nazis - has made national headlines for several months.

Club captain Dennis Wesemann has faced charges of assault, disturbing the peace, and showing symbols of banned organizations, while four local clubs have refused to play against Ostelbien, and 59 of 65 local referees are refusing to officiate their games. The FSA's action seems to be the culmination of increased media coverage, especially by the "Taz" newspaper, who reported an incident where a Kosovo Albanian player was spat on and attacked by Ostelbien's Wesemann during a game.

http://www.dw.com/en/neo-nazi-sports-team-ostelbien-to-be-kicked-out-of-local-league/a-18648170

RIP Chelsea feeder club.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Dennis Wise, man

lmaoboy1998
Oct 23, 2013
Weird that the media got involved... Maybe some important media people had an axe to grind with these guys but I can't think why that would be tbh.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

lmaoboy1998 posted:

Weird that the media got involved... Maybe some important media people had an axe to grind with these guys but I can't think why that would be tbh.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

lmaoboy1998 posted:

heh hehehe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Some migrants have particular images of British life or people that they latch on to.

"There is a man I love so much - David Beckham," says Alpha, a Mauritanian carpenter who has built a thatched house in the Jungle camp. "Even my house is called David Beckham House."