Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

EccoRaven posted:

the protestant work ethic is a sham, it's calvinism without the promise of salvation. Eccogames are artisanal with each role PM delicately crafted for each player by a master modsmith.

isn't calvinism a protestant sect?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
This is Complete Bullshit has ended in a town victory, a color draw, and a Samfucius point win

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

This is such a great loving thread. I love just reading all the dumb crap that goes on after work and saying "Yes I kinda know and like these people." It's very heart-warming :love:

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

100YrsofAttitude posted:

This is such a great loving thread. I love just reading all the dumb crap that goes on after work and saying "Yes I kinda know and like these people." It's very heart-warming :love:

:agreed:

Except I hate most of you.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

100YrsofAttitude posted:

but what are your burger opinions!?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

BottleKnight posted:

but what are your burger opinions!?

Seriously the only good burger in Paris comes from a food truck Le Camion qui Fume, and it's pretty good but I've had better burgers in the States. So the answer is go to McDo. It's cheaper and you don't have a forty minute + line alongside hipsters.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Seriously the only good burger in Paris comes from a food truck Le Camion qui Fume, and it's pretty good but I've had better burgers in the States. So the answer is go to McDo. It's cheaper and you don't have a forty minute + line alongside hipsters.

I feel so bad for you you right now :(

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

100YrsofAttitude posted:

:(

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

There are quite a few burger places that just don't have locations near me. Sonic, Whataburger, In-n-out, none of those are near me :(

Five Guys is pretty decent though, I don't recall it being quite that expensive, like $6 for the burger, $3 for the fries or something, and they give a ton of fries.

Edit: Also there's a place called Elevation Burger near me and it's alright.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I can't believe that I've been in two survivors and they are the only ones to not get avatars
I didn't get an avatar from survivor

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

My favorite part about survivor is how you get to eat the losers.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

The winner of my season didn't get an av.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

100YrsofAttitude posted:

yes it makes me feel better knowing no matter what happens in my day there will always be people talking rubbish in this thread

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also my gf starts her new job today, so at least one of us is employed atm

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

The winner of my season didn't get an av.

TNL's is just too good

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Taste your new avatar is freaking me out.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the potato av is back

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

TMMadman posted:

Taste your new avatar is freaking me out.

If someone wants to spend money on me I won't argue 💞

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Tremendous Taste posted:

If someone wants to spend money on me I won't argue 💞

I'm you have a lot of contracts out on you.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I went to the grocery store and as I was crossing the parking lot I could see a lot of rain and lightning coming towards me but I was heading inside the store. Now that I've left the store it had all passed and it is sunny again but now it is just damp and humid and I wish it was still raining.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

CapitalistPig posted:

I feel so bad for you you right now :(

What seriously? I live in Paris. Like... I mean burgers are good and all but the things I can eat otherwise? I will be a sad man if ever I move back to the states, let alone else where. Just giving up duck will be a hard hard loss. The food-truck cuts it if I'm patient enough. It's a high-quality local diner burger as I feel a burger should be.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

That was his old av for quite a while. It's p. good.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also I bought grapes but they had no green grapes so I had to get red grapes and they are massive. I'm trying to think of an equal sized thing to compare them to.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

100YrsofAttitude posted:

What seriously? I live in Paris. Like... I mean burgers are good and all but the things I can eat otherwise? I will be a sad man if ever I move back to the states, let alone else where. Just giving up duck will be a hard hard loss. The food-truck cuts it if I'm patient enough. It's a high-quality local diner burger as I feel a burger should be.

:(

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

100YrsofAttitude posted:

What do the French know about food? If you want real food you have to go to the UK IMO.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Because id rather have a really god drat delicious hamburger than some duck any day.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Well yeah if you want great non-English food. Best curry and best Japanese food I've had was in England. I never understood how unreasonably proud the English are of their local cuisine. One of my closest friends goes so far to say how over-rated French and Italian cuisine is compared to English food.

As an aside, people often forget how great Spanish food.

Top 7 international cuisine in no real order:

French
Italian
Mexican
Japanese
Spanish
Chinese
Indian

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

CapitalistPig posted:

Because id rather have a really god drat delicious hamburger than some duck any day.

To each his own.

I will admit that American food does have it's place in this world and it's a good one. They make by far the best comfort food. A good burger, a milkshake, a BLT, whatever. All of that stuff always feels right and hits the right spots.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CapitalistPig posted:

I would have thought you'd prefer pork.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Well yeah if you want great non-English food. Best curry and best Japanese food I've had was in England. I never understood how unreasonably proud the English are of their local cuisine. One of my closest friends goes so far to say how over-rated French and Italian cuisine is compared to English food.

As an aside, people often forget how great Spanish food.

French
Italian
Mexican
Japanese
Spanish
Chinese
Indian

Here are my top 7 Planetary cuisine:

1.) Pluto (Eat my poo poo Tyson)
2.) Saturn (Ate his kids)
3.) Venus (Oysters)
4.) Mercury (Hot food owns)
5.) Uranus (Who doesn't like eating out?)
6.) Earth (Has hamburgers)
7.) The moon (Moon pies are yummy)

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

CCKeane posted:

lmao

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

3.) Venus (Oysters)

Just fyi, your food would be hotter on Venus than Mercury.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TMMadman posted:

Just fyi, your food would be hotter on Venus than Mercury.

Well sure, ever eat an oyster with your date?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

Well sure, ever eat an oyster with your date?

No, usually I let her eat the oyster. Or I give her a pearl necklace.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
meat is murder hope this helps.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

French
Italian
Mexican
Japanese
Spanish
Chinese
Indian
You forgot ethiopian. Also *"chinese"

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Aug 12, 2015

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

CCKeane posted:

3.) Venus (Oysters)

I actually laughed out loud at #5

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

Fact: corn screams when you pick it.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

TMMadman posted:

I would have thought you'd prefer pork.

I do, thats not what we were talking about though.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

You're a treasure Keane.

EccoRaven posted:

You forgot ethiopian. Also *"chinese"

I have yet to try Ethiopian food, but I've heard great things. And yeah you should also asterisk Indian. Those two countries are so large and varied that it's almost unfair to compare them to other more homogenous food cultures. And yet the variety they provide is kinda the point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

To each his own.

I will admit that American food does have it's place in this world and it's a good one. They make by far the best comfort food. A good burger, a milkshake, a BLT, whatever. All of that stuff always feels right and hits the right spots.

My only point is that duck is easy dude, you want a duck? I can get you a duck dude that's no problem.

What my point is is that if your only burger options are mcds and a three hour hipster line. I feel bad for you.