Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
when do they usually release the full poll?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Incoming predictit on Deez nuts

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Well it's nice to see that forums poster Wayne Gretsky has been keeping busy since he got banned.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
And I heard, as it were, the noise of thunder:
One of the four beasts saying: "Come and see." And I saw.
And behold, a golden coiffure.

There's a man goin' 'round takin' names.
An' he decides who to fire and who to blame.
Every candidate won't be treated all the same.
There'll be a golden chopper touching down.
When the Donald comes around.

The hairs on your arm will stand up.
At the furor in each tweet from Donald Trump.
Like Nixon, he'll restore law and order,
Mexicans will go back across the border.

Hear the trumpets, hear the pipers.
Sixty million conservatives singin'.
Multitudes are marching to the beat of his drum.
Voices callin', voices cryin'.
Illegal immigrants' victims are dyin'.
It's Donald Trump's Kingdom come.

And FOX's Roger Ailes will bend the knee.
And the other candidates will shake in their socks.
All the main-stream media will bend the knee.
To the new master, the man with golden locks.

Till Armageddon, no Mexicans, closed borders.
And Mexico will pay for a wall on Donald's orders.
And the Grand Old Party will have a new warder
And Ailes and Preibus will grovel on the ground

Whoever is a loser, let him be a loser still.
Whoever is a fat pig, let her be a fat pig still.
Whoever bleeds from wherever, let her ***** bleed still.
Listen to the words long written down, When the Donald comes around.

Hear the trumpets, hear the pipers.
Sixty million conservatives singin'.
Multitudes are marching to the beat of his drum.
Voices callin', voices cryin'.
Illegal immigrants' victims are dyin'.
It's Donald Trump's Kingdom come.

And FOX's Roger Ailes will bend the knee.
And the other candidates will shake in their socks.
All the main-stream media will bend the knee.
To the new master, the man with golden locks.

The GOP and the media will ALL bow down.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the seventeen candidates,
And I looked and behold: a Sikorsky S-76.
And his name, that rode in it, was Donald.
And Hell followed with him.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

Nonsense posted:

Also he doesn't believe in Climate Change so whatever libtard sympathy he had evaporated.

Eh, that's not really accurate

http://mashable.com/2015/08/10/kasich-global-warming-doubts/?utm_campaign=Feed

quote:

Kasich's campaign walked back the doubtful climate change comments, however.

"The governor has repeatedly said — to much criticism — that he believes climate change is happening, that human activity is contributing to it and that we must take action to respond to the problem," wrote spokesman Scott Milburn in an email to Mashable.

"The issue of how much and how fast is a debate for scientists that will go on in perpetuity," Milburn wrote. "Policymakers can’t stick their head in the sand but must face reality and take realistic steps now that don’t blow up the economy in the process but which demonstrate good stewardship of the environment."

Don't get me wrong, he's disappointing on climate change, in that he's been slow to put forward solutions. But he's not a denier.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
deez nuts seems like a pretty stiff competitor

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
lol

Fish Cant Hold Gun
Jul 2, 2015

by Ralp
People thought "Barack Hussein Obama" was an unelectable name and then everyone got used to it. It really comes down to policies, I'm more than willing to hear where Deez Nuts stands on the issues.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!
I wonder if Deez Nuts swing to the left or right on policy.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

This makes me proud to be an American

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Deez nuts is a real crowd pleaser so far.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Abner Cadaver II posted:

I wonder if Deez Nuts swing to the left or right on policy.

They might go for the moderate vote, I wouldn't be surprised if Deez nuts sit right in the middle of everyone up there.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPwD1vdSnRM

Punch Drunk Drewsky
Jul 22, 2008

No one can stop the movies.
I know it's been bandied around quite a bit, but I'm having trouble locating where Sanders was saying he did not want to win the Democratic nomination but was mostly running an awareness campaign. My searches have now been flooded with stuff about how Sanders is the real deal instead. Is there a good non-crazily liberal breakdown of this assertion or original quotations about this anywhere?

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

echronorian posted:

They might go for the moderate vote, I wouldn't be surprised if Deez nuts sit right in the middle of everyone up there.

I think you'll find Deez Nuts to be squarely in Teabagger territory.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Wanamingo posted:

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2016/has_the_donald_peaked

New Rasmussen poll has Trump at 17%, down from the 26% he had in their last poll. Somebody tell me it isn't the end.

If this turns out accurate it could just be a reflection of the debate and its high ratings giving the other candidates a relative exposure boost.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Punch Drunk Drewsky posted:

I know it's been bandied around quite a bit, but I'm having trouble locating where Sanders was saying he did not want to win the Democratic nomination but was mostly running an awareness campaign. My searches have now been flooded with stuff about how Sanders is the real deal instead. Is there a good non-crazily liberal breakdown of this assertion or original quotations about this anywhere?

sanders has always said he is running to win, hes never said anything like that quote

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

he never said it; it is the assumption of cowards

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Peel posted:

If this turns out accurate it could just be a reflection of the debate and its high ratings giving the other candidates a relative exposure boost.

Relative exposure boost Deez nuts

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

It's a bunch of poo poo made up by internet posters who consider themselves pragmatic in the same way NRx types consider themselves rational.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

You know who else is the real deal? Deez nuts.

Deez nuts is in it for real

Bob Ojeda
Apr 15, 2008

I AM A WHINY LITTLE EMOTIONAL BITCH BABY WITH NO SENSE OF HUMOR

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING REMIND ME TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

Bread Set Jettison posted:

You know who else is the real deal? Deez nuts.

Deez nuts is in it for real

But the question is, are American voters ready for Deez

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Robotnik Nudes posted:

It's a bunch of poo poo made up by internet posters who consider themselves pragmatic in the same way NRx types consider themselves rational.

Nrx?

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Deez nuts is polling hard

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Robotnik Nudes posted:

It's an obvious conclusion to draw based on a modicum of familiarity with the American electoral system and a basic understanding of Bernie's political disposition.

Fixed some typos for you, good post though.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I believe Sanders asserted he would not use several widely-used and extremely effective campaigning tactics, which suggests that while he may be trying to win, he is not going to Bern the house down to bring down Hillary in the event that he crests and/or she guts up and starts campaigning good. Alternately, this is proof of his saintdom and a sign that everyone needs to immediately start "independently" running vicious negative attack ads on the Hilldogg, lest we run the risk of an impure presidency

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
trump/biden will run as a third party and run the attack ads, so everything comes up bernie

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Robotnik Nudes posted:

when you put it like that, its even more hilarious unironically

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
Either sanders knows he can't win and is doing this solely to bring the democratic party to the left
or he's completely deluded politically, and by a complete coincidence managed to time his run at the point when his voice would have the greatest impact on the democratic party

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Randi Weingarten loves Bernie, but not like that.

More as a Senator than a President :)

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

awesmoe posted:

Either sanders knows he can't win and is doing this solely to bring the democratic party to the left
or he's completely deluded politically, and by a complete coincidence managed to time his run at the point when his voice would have the greatest impact on the democratic party

i can't wait for this goal post to move the closer we get to primaries.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

awesmoe posted:

anyone that thinks he'll have an iota of impact on clinton or the party in general is living in a dream world tho.

stoutfish posted:

sorry but he's not going to be the next obama, too much identity politics on the left. end of the day he's an old white dude and that's not selling right now.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
#BLM activists were kicked out of a Clinton rally today.... by the fire marshal. They arrived late and the event was full.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Neo-Reactionaries AKA the dark enlightenment fuckos.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

stoutfish posted:

Which goal post?
I'm not making an argument about how effective he will be at it, I'm just saying that's what [I think] his goals are

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

anyone that thinks he'll have an iota of impact on clinton or the party in general is living in a dream world tho.
Sure but at least he tried :shobon:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Whatevef rational you use for it, Bern attracting tens of thousands of people to rallies 6 months before the vote while hills is meeting private donors behind closed doors plays well with liberals. His positions dont make him unelectable either; in a blind test without party affiliation most people support a large number of leftist policies.

His biggest worry is sparring with attack ads in the general; not raising a hundred million dollars means Trump is gonna dump on Bernie hard in commercials. And moderates are pretty apolitical until the last moment where they flip the TV on, so...

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

Joementum posted:

#BLM activists were kicked out of a Clinton rally today.... by the fire marshal. They arrived late and the event was full.

Hopefully next time BLM.

Also gently caress my life incoming a swarm of chris rockesque jokes.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Joementum posted:

*snaps fingers* ooh yea how do we spin this, how we do we spin this *inhales thoughtfully*

I got it! *slaps palm on thigh* They were late because they were at a Bernie rally and Bernie is a racist. Get it ready for the press release.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Joementum posted:

Or maybe the fire marshal was... feelin' the Bern! :bernsmug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

sorry but he's not going to be the next obama, too much identity politics on the left. end of the day he's an old white dude and that's not selling right now.

i disagree with your points and history will judge us all

• Locked thread