Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
Wendy may or may not have blown the sand away, but she sure has gotten taller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kohon
Feb 26, 2015
Lol at anytime Christina appears in this manga. Except, I don't think it got wrecked this time around.

Carlton Minter
Jul 22, 2015

You gotta be so predictable that it's unpredictable
Why in the newest episode of Fairy Tail when they are fighting the demons why Mirajane doesn't use her "Sitri" Satan Soul. If that's her most powerful Satan Soul she has why doesnt she just use that to fight the demons instead of using her weakest one?

jiffypop45
Dec 30, 2011

Carlton Minter posted:

Why in the newest episode of Fairy Tail when they are fighting the demons why Mirajane doesn't use her "Sitri" Satan Soul. If that's her most powerful Satan Soul she has why doesnt she just use that to fight the demons instead of using her weakest one?

I too have wondered why they alternate between the Demon/Satan soul when one is superior to the other (what was the anime exclusive non cannon other one called from the infinity clock arc?)

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Mirajane doesn't really make any sense ever. Oh she used to be the world class powerful, then she could only bartend, then she was once again world class, now it just depends on a roll of the dice whether she's going to be a world class badass or just a pin-up girl damsel in distress.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

So she's a Fairy Tail character?

kohon
Feb 26, 2015
I did enjoy Mira's fight with Sayla. It had a nice tie in of all the Strauss siblings.

I do get disappointed that she gets nerfed all the time, though. We need more Mira action. I think I've even seen that Mashima said she would definitely beat Erza in a fight.

Carlton Minter
Jul 22, 2015

kohon posted:

I did enjoy Mira's fight with Sayla. It had a nice tie in of all the Strauss siblings.

I do get disappointed that she gets nerfed all the time, though. We need more Mira action. I think I've even seen that Mashima said she would definitely beat Erza in a fight.

I would actually love to see how Mirajane fights at full strength or when she goes all out on someone. I would also love if we could see Mirajane on an S Class quest. In my opinion Miriajane is on another level than Erza with her Demon/Satan Souls and all.

Carlton Minter fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Aug 7, 2015

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007
I was disappointed that Mashima apparently forgot Mirajane was supposed to have been a hellraiser when she was younger for that flashback in the Tartaros arc.

You might argue she only became like that after the flashback, but it seems more likely that Mashima just forgot.

Carlton Minter posted:

I would actually love to see how Mirajane fights at full strength or when she goes all out on someone. I would also love if we could see Mirajane on an S Class quest. In my opinion Miriajane is on another level than Erza with her Demon/Satan Souls and all.

Wasn't one of those Fairy Tail spinoff manga supposed to be about Erza and Mirajane?

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Zogundar posted:

Wasn't one of those Fairy Tail spinoff manga supposed to be about Erza and Mirajane?

You're likely thinking of the one that's based on the Fairy Tail women in general (particularly the four main ones, so Lucy, Erza, Juvia and Wendy), though honestly I wouldn't be surprised if a more specific thing is in the works. I don't think I've ever seen a manga series get so many spinoffs concurrent to the main series. They even recently started one about Sabretooth basically having their own version of the Phantom Lord arc, right down to their celestial mage getting kidnapped because being Yukino is suffering.

jiffypop45
Dec 30, 2011

Astro Nut posted:

You're likely thinking of the one that's based on the Fairy Tail women in general (particularly the four main ones, so Lucy, Erza, Juvia and Wendy), though honestly I wouldn't be surprised if a more specific thing is in the works. I don't think I've ever seen a manga series get so many spinoffs concurrent to the main series. They even recently started one about Sabretooth basically having their own version of the Phantom Lord arc, right down to their celestial mage getting kidnapped because being Yukino is suffering.

Mashima is punishing her for not being fan service enough.

kohon
Feb 26, 2015
I don't think Mashima does Fairy Girls (or whatever it's called). The art style and writing is a bit different. I read the first two chapters and it wasn't that great.

I think there are a few spin offs, but the ones by Mashima are just Zero (concluded) and Ice Trail.

kohon
Feb 26, 2015

Zogundar posted:

I was disappointed that Mashima apparently forgot Mirajane was supposed to have been a hellraiser when she was younger for that flashback in the Tartaros arc.

You might argue she only became like that after the flashback, but it seems more likely that Mashima just forgot.

I don't think he forgot. I think Mira didn't become the fierce demon until after she established herself in Fairy Tail. I could be forgetting something, but that's the impression that I got.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Right, I misremembered, I thought she was the one who bitchslaped Lisanna into another timezone. That was Elfman.

Carlton Minter
Jul 22, 2015

Who do you think is the most powerful wizard in the Fairy Tail Guild? In my opinion it would have to be Laxus no doubt.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Uh Gildartz duh.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

sharktamer posted:

Uh Gildartz duh.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

sharktamer posted:

Uh Gildartz duh.

I actually would not be surprised if Laxus has surpassed Gildartz at this point. Makarov stated that Jura was just as strong as Gildartz and Laxus just managed to defeat Jura. Natsu has also surpassed Gildartz from the island given that Natsu one shotted Bluenote who gave Gildartz problems. Given that Laxus is implied to still be much stronger then Natsu I am guessing that Laxus might have surpassed Gildartz at this point.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

I actually would not be surprised if Laxus has surpassed Gildartz at this point. Makarov stated that Jura was just as strong as Gildartz and Laxus just managed to defeat Jura. Natsu has also surpassed Gildartz from the island given that Natsu one shotted Bluenote who gave Gildartz problems. Given that Laxus is implied to still be much stronger then Natsu I am guessing that Laxus might have surpassed Gildartz at this point.

This assumes Gildartz didn't also progress during the time skip

jiffypop45
Dec 30, 2011

I'm having difficulty placing the Sabertooth series in the timeline with Sting as GM and Minerva present (or did something happen after Tartarus and she went back to the guild that I have forgotten).

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007

kohon posted:

I don't think he forgot. I think Mira didn't become the fierce demon until after she established herself in Fairy Tail. I could be forgetting something, but that's the impression that I got.

Okay, fair enough, I was mistaken then.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TheKingofSprings posted:

This assumes Gildartz didn't also progress during the time skip

Oh I assume he did. I think it's possible that Laxus may have progressed more then he did.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

jiffypop45 posted:

I'm having difficulty placing the Sabertooth series in the timeline with Sting as GM and Minerva present (or did something happen after Tartarus and she went back to the guild that I have forgotten).

Minerva became good and boring due to the power of friendship/family whatever.

kohon
Feb 26, 2015
Minerva totally flip flopped in the middle of Tartarus and even helped Erza (and saved Happy from his mushroom head). Sting and Rogue appeared after Erza wrote them a letter and at the end of Tartarus, Minerva goes back to the guild with them. I think it shows her after the time skip when Natsu is trying to prevent Frosch from being killed (also, fat Sting)

Carlton Minter
Jul 22, 2015

kohon posted:

Minerva totally flip flopped in the middle of Tartarus and even helped Erza (and saved Happy from his mushroom head). Sting and Rogue appeared after Erza wrote them a letter and at the end of Tartarus, Minerva goes back to the guild with them. I think it shows her after the time skip when Natsu is trying to prevent Frosch from being killed (also, fat Sting)

God dammit i haven't gotten that far yet. Welp looks like i know what happens now. :sassargh:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Why is Laxus so overpowered when he's a "fake" dragonslayer again? Him and Gildartz showing up and being like ten times stronger than everyone regardless of the main casts' training is sort of annoying.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
My guess is because he's popular.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Eugenics, shonen shits all over itself for eugenics

Also I think he forgot about the fake dragon slayer thing

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Carlton Minter posted:

God dammit i haven't gotten that far yet. Welp looks like i know what happens now. :sassargh:

It's ok, you'll forget all about it by the end of the month. That's the horrible beauty of Fairy Tail, the only thing you'll ever remember are Dragons.

kohon
Feb 26, 2015
I think it was mentioned that second generation dragon slayers (Laxus and Cobra) were supposed to be stronger.

It did show Natsu hanging out with Gildarts in that year of training, so we know he's been training, too.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Fabricated posted:

Why is Laxus so overpowered when he's a "fake" dragonslayer again? Him and Gildartz showing up and being like ten times stronger than everyone regardless of the main casts' training is sort of annoying.

Because Laxus is like 3 years older than Natsu and he happens to be offscreen a lot so he's always a badass when he shows up for eight seconds before Natsu uses Nakama Power to win whatever fight they're in.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
He's also Makarov's grandson and that family line seems to all be powerful.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

ChronoReverse posted:

Laxus single handedly beat the poo poo out of his dad and his dad's entire guild. There's more to it than genetics.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Avulsion posted:

Laxus single handedly beat the poo poo out of his dad and his dad's entire guild. There's more to it than genetics.

Probably the fact that it was one of the legit coolest bits in the series, along with Erza's smug soloing of the monster challenge. The magic tournament was pretty mediocre overall, but it did have its high spots.

Power levels should always take a back seat to cool.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Aug 12, 2015

kohon
Feb 26, 2015

ChronoReverse posted:

Yuriy did lose to a thirteen year old girl.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Trying to remember anything from Fairy Tail takes a great, great amount of effort but for some reason I only remember Makarov jobbing out left and right past a certain point

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Fabricated posted:

Trying to remember anything from Fairy Tail takes a great, great amount of effort but for some reason I only remember Makarov jobbing out left and right past a certain point

Yeah so like every other powerful mentor character in anime.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

TriffTshngo posted:

Yeah so like every other powerful mentor character in anime.
yeah but the way fairy tail does it is somehow more annoying

like I recall him effortlessly defeating natsu over and over when he'd challenge him, then a badguy shows up, he gets huge, then the badguy flicks a booger at him and he nearly dies and relinquishes control of the guild for the 230th time

man really just wants to fuckin retire

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Fabricated posted:

yeah but the way fairy tail does it is somehow more annoying

like I recall him effortlessly defeating natsu over and over when he'd challenge him, then a badguy shows up, he gets huge, then the badguy flicks a booger at him and he nearly dies and relinquishes control of the guild for the 230th time

man really just wants to fuckin retire

That's just because Natsu is 100% incapable of winning a Fairy Tail bar brawl. It's his only weakness after self defined transportation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Gyges posted:

That's just because Natsu is 100% incapable of winning a Fairy Tail bar brawl. It's his only weakness after self defined transportation.

Bar fights are for fun if you are serious then you might hurt somebody,

• Locked thread