Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I'm beginning to think Zack should just move to a weekly schedule and use productive weeks to build a buffer. But keep it Tuesdays, not enough comics update Tuesdays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Splicer posted:

I'm beginning to think Zack should just move to a weekly schedule and use productive weeks to build a buffer. But keep it Tuesdays, not enough comics update Tuesdays.

As much as I hate to agree, he does seem to miss just about every other update. :sigh:

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Splicer posted:

Hell, if it means more consistent updates I'd be fine with him updating just twice a month. He could maybe do slightly oversized pages or something. It seems like it'd be less stressful for him, and he might be able to take the time to plan his pages and pace better if he's not always just locked in a scramble of "OH gently caress NEXT PAGE".

The Slippery Nipple
Mar 27, 2010
New page: http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-55/

So I guess either Forge is finally doing something through Johnny or Max is having another visit from the metallic snake beast?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Metallic snake beast combining with Forge? gently caress yeah Mecha-Johnny-Max-Shiva coming up.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

The Slippery Nipple posted:

New page: http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-55/

So I guess either Forge is finally doing something through Johnny or Max is having another visit from the metallic snake beast?

Or Johnny is having a visit from Forge.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Metallic snake beast combining with Forge? gently caress yeah Mecha-Johnny-Max-Shiva coming up.
If Friendship Fusion ultimately becomes a spirit thing that actually happens I will be a happy man.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
Either this is all just a stylistic thing showing that Max is being a dodger not a hitter coward and Dimitri and Johnny are being brave, or they're both heading into their ghost zones

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Further confirmation that Johnny is the real hero of this story

No greater love hath any man than this...

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Max I am so disappointed, hand in your main character badge immediately so I can give it to Johnny

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh
Max confirmed once again as lamest character in the comic.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

AnonSpore posted:

Max I am so disappointed, hand in your main character badge immediately so I can give it to Johnny
Max has frequently been one to avoid trouble, really. He's a practical kid and not very heroic! Excepting some times, like when he called the cops police.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

What's Max supposed to do in this situation, take a severely injurious or even lethal blow for a guy who actively wishes him ill?

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Yeah exactly. He does what makes sense. Heroism in this case would be stupid. Which makes Dmitri's actions pretty surprising! Dude's gonna lose a hand!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Mr. Lobe posted:

What's Max supposed to do in this situation, take a severely injurious or even lethal blow for a guy who actively wishes him ill?

Use his ghost powers. Not knowing how to use ghost powers is no excuse!

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Who What Now posted:

Use his ghost powers. Not knowing how to use ghost powers is no excuse!

His ghost powers make him Magneto, unless that ball is made out of metal he can't do poo poo. And Isabelle's ghost martial arts wouldn't work either because the ball is not a ghost.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
The background models in the first panel tell me that Zack has been watching Steven Universe, like all right-thinking people.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Slime posted:

His ghost powers make him Magneto, unless that ball is made out of metal he can't do poo poo. And Isabelle's ghost martial arts wouldn't work either because the ball is not a ghost.

Warp into Spirit-Powered Bullet Time so that the ball moves slowly relatively to you, and push it away safely.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Max has lost almost every fight he's been in, there's no way he has enough burst points for that.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Rand Brittain posted:

The background models in the first panel tell me that Zack has been watching Steven Universe, like all right-thinking people.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Can't believe I forgot that existed. I'm a total sucker for that style of full cast poster composition (where everyone's just floating around, and at least one person is just a big old head sticking out the side), but that one in particular is stupidly well done.

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kabanaw posted:

Either this is all just a stylistic thing showing that Max is being a dodger not a hitter coward and Dimitri and Johnny are being brave, or they're both heading into their ghost zones

Johnny and Dmitiri are literally outshining Max. Sorry, Max.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

inkblot posted:

Johnny and Dmitiri are literally outshining Max. Sorry, Max.

"Show me the power, child, I'd like to say, that I'm running away today."

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i hope forge calls johnny jonathan

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Really? I'm hoping for Jojho.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Max shies away from danger like a coward

Johnny faces it head on to protect his precious friends

I think we all know who the better man is here

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

Mystic Mongol posted:

Really? I'm hoping for Jojho.

Johnny Jhonny truly is the protagonist of this story, and Forge is his stand

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Slime posted:

Consistent rules about ghost powers is also not an excuse!

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-4-page-128
"Foul deeds, alas, have burned it black and now my flame burns cold"

One thing Johnny has, it's heart. He is a perfect fit for Forge, so it's possible Johnny is getting a powerup from him.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I think the funny thing is that almost every character in the comic who understands what's going on here is going to give Max poo poo for not sacrificing himself to protect his tormentors.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

AnonSpore posted:

Max shies away from danger like a coward

Johnny faces it head on to protect his precious friends

I think we all know who the better man is here

Johnny is the hero we need, but not the hero we deserve.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Kikas posted:

http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-4-page-128
"Foul deeds, alas, have burned it black and now my flame burns cold"

One thing Johnny has, it's heart. He is a perfect fit for Forge, so it's possible Johnny is getting a powerup from him.

Johnny helping Forge to relearn the power of friendship is going to be the best thing.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Rand Brittain posted:

How do you figure?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

MikeJF posted:

How do you figure?

They look very similar to the background models that Steven Universe uses.

Also there's the huge piece of SU fanart Zack did, so there's that.

EDIT: To clarify, I mean the simplified versions of the characters used Max when he's seen from a distance, which is a technique more comics could stand to pick up.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
I found where Isaac has been. He couldn't be in the hitball game because he was too busy being a literal anime

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Rand Brittain posted:

They look very similar to the background models that Steven Universe uses.

Also there's the huge piece of SU fanart Zack did, so there's that.

EDIT: To clarify, I mean the simplified versions of the characters used Max when he's seen from a distance, which is a technique more comics could stand to pick up.

Ah. Really, just about every cartoon has distance model versions, it's just that with SU we're kinda more aware of them because of all of the behind-the-scenes posting and discussion they do. Also Attack the Light.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I'm thinking Max just felt the aura of ghost on Johnny and Dimitri.

Either that or Time Snake is intervening.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Rand Brittain posted:

I think the funny thing is that almost every character in the comic who understands what's going on here is going to give Max poo poo for not sacrificing himself to protect his tormentors.

How could he help them without getting himself rekt? He can't do the superspeed thing if he can't connect with his spirit, and he's not exactly close enough to his bat to have a chat with scrapdragon. Mind you he's got that unknown spirit possessing him, but nobody but the spirit and Doorman know about that.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Pretty sure the second spirit thing for Max is still fan speculation. At least, I'm not aware of anything that's changed that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Akett posted:

How could he help them without getting himself rekt? He can't do the superspeed thing if he can't connect with his spirit, and he's not exactly close enough to his bat to have a chat with scrapdragon. Mind you he's got that unknown spirit possessing him, but nobody but the spirit and Doorman know about that.

Oh, it's totally ridiculous for them to do so, but they still will.

Consider that the people "in the know" are Isaac, Spender, Isabel, Ed, and Dimitri. They are all the kind of person who will hassle the newbie for not stupidly self-sacrificing for someone he hates.