Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I never do more than 2 minutes between sets and only on hard stuff like deadlifts. I try to keep it around 30s-1min on isolation stuffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I'm thinking more for super heavy squats, that poo poo will put you on your rear end for at least 2-3 minutes. Or it does me at any rate.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

notZaar posted:

It's not called Sweet August Gains right now so this wouldn't make sense.

It's a play on an old GnR song

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

notZaar posted:

That seems a little excessive. Allowing 5 minutes between sets (which is drat long) and at most 60 seconds to complete a set, that's 25 minutes for one extremely difficult 5x5.

I do 3-4 minutes between each set and yeah, heavy squats. Probably not super heavy for you forum SUPER STARS but 3 plates at 5x5 is pretty heavy to me.

Speaking of squats it's fine to leave your rear end a couple inches above the ground right? I have trouble stopping at parallel with heavy weights and can only go rear end to grass.

Donald Kimball
Sep 2, 2011

PROUD FATHER OF THIS TURD ------>

bamhand posted:

I do 3-4 minutes between each set and yeah, heavy squats. Probably not super heavy for you forum SUPER STARS but 3 plates at 5x5 is pretty heavy to me.

Speaking of squats it's fine to leave your rear end a couple inches above the ground right? I have trouble stopping at parallel with heavy weights and can only go rear end to grass.

you have trouble stopping? like you just dive bomb into the hole?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
It feels harder and uncomfortable. I mean I don't drop like a rock to the bottom but I find I come to a natural stop when I can't physically go any lower.

Like I feel like I can do more weight going lower, which seems like the opposite of everyone else.

E: Just took a measurement, I'm about 4-5 inches from the ground.

bamhand fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Aug 10, 2015

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I decided to work out today although I was planning not to. Ended up just doing a few weights/pushups after 45 mins of cardio. I needed to sweat the weekend out of me.

Was rewarded with taking a massive post-workout dump which blew up the locker room quite nicely. :feelsgood:

Tonight was breakfast for dinner. Omelet with some cheddar and peppers and some pepper bacon.

sixth and maimed
Mar 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Lifting weights during lunch break is awesome! Just enough time to put in some decent work, and get back behind my desk completely stress free ... :)

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 3 years!)

i usually wake up at like, 430 to go work out, but i slept through my alarm this morning, so now I have to go after work. Bleh.

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:

bamhand posted:

It feels harder and uncomfortable. I mean I don't drop like a rock to the bottom but I find I come to a natural stop when I can't physically go any lower.

Like I feel like I can do more weight going lower, which seems like the opposite of everyone else.

E: Just took a measurement, I'm about 4-5 inches from the ground.

Sounds fine as long as you're under control the whole way. I mean I could see you pulling something if you just do that without any warm up or anything but past that I don't think it's a big deal.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
drank last night, horrible headache today

went to the gym feeling terrible. much better now after lunch of pork chop, salad and baked yam

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
At home with nephews watching Teen Titans Go. There is an episode about how important leg day is

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

Hesitate, and you will be lost.

bamhand posted:

HELLZ NO! You're supposed to smack those muscular gluts right on the gym floor so everyone around you knows your form is tight. Sometimes I even rip a big wet one after I make contact just to get a little extra boost back up.

If you have problems getting past parallel just stretch some more or put one of those half-circular balance balls (i.e. bosu balls) under your rear so you can bounce off that, until you enough serious flexibility to slap the floor HARD.

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

Hesitate, and you will be lost.
Do what this guy is doing if you can't reach the floor with your squats:

https://youtu.be/2fO1zuBCMQ0?t=45s

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

nnnotime posted:

Do what this guy is doing if you can't reach the floor with your squats:

https://youtu.be/2fO1zuBCMQ0?t=45s

im having anxiety watching this

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Booblord Zagats posted:

At home with nephews watching Teen Titans Go. There is an episode about how important leg day is

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

nnnotime posted:

If you have problems getting past parallel

This is the opposite of my problem.

turbomoose posted:

Sounds fine as long as you're under control the whole way. I mean I could see you pulling something if you just do that without any warm up or anything but past that I don't think it's a big deal.

Yeah, I always do 20-25 reps of warm up starting with the bar and going up to around 90% of my working weight.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Today was one of those days where everything felt light. Just smashed for like an hour.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Genius.

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps
Well, I out-swoled all my jeans again. On the plus side, I found out that Lucky Vintage Straight cut seems to accommodate swole quads well.

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
I've been smearing peanut butter onto my chicken breast while cooking it, very nice

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I've been smearing peanutbutter ontop of my twink lovers chest and eating it

very nice

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Same cept balls and dog, nice.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

Zzulu posted:

I've been smearing peanutbutter ontop of my twink lovers chest and eating it

very nice

What kind of exercises can you do with your average 90lbs twink? I'm thinking fireman carries up a hill, but that seems a bit crossfit-y

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Lunixnerd posted:

What kind of exercises can you do with your average 90lbs twink? I'm thinking fireman carries up a hill, but that seems a bit crossfit-y

Twink toss, duh

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

soy posted:

Same cept balls and dog, nice.

You've been putting peanut butter on your dog's balls and eating it? I think you're doing that wrong.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
90lbs would make a dece press weight, plus it'll be great core strengthening for the twink.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Whiskey Sours posted:

You've been putting peanut butter on your dog's balls and eating it? I think you're doing that wrong.

it's part of my fursona

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Is this the place to talk about my hammies in a sarcastic manner>

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 3 years!)

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I annihilated my hammies yesterday, feels bad.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pj5SgGacCg

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
after watching a video where arnold was talking about supersets where he would do a pull and then a push set i tried this. for example i'd do pull ups and then do dumbell presses, or lat pull downs and military presses

after today i realized that i do not recover as fast as da arnold

also was doing reps of 295lb deadlift then went to 315 and couldn't get it past a few inches off the ground without straining my weak gay back

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ramsus posted:

after watching a video where arnold was talking about supersets where he would do a pull and then a push set i tried this. for example i'd do pull ups and then do dumbell presses, or lat pull downs and military presses

after today i realized that i do not recover as fast as da arnold

also was doing reps of 295lb deadlift then went to 315 and couldn't get it past a few inches off the ground without straining my weak gay back

arnold did a fuckton of roids, do a fuckton of roids.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

nicee

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

notZaar posted:

90lbs would make a dece press weight, plus it'll be great core strengthening for the twink.

What. Maybe for another twink

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
90 lbs is incredibly heavy for my bitch shoulders to press. Hurts the lower back too.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Sorry about your atrophy

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Dang, only managed to squat 3 reps of 350. Beta forever.

Nailed 5 reps of 150 OHP and 405 deads though. I feel a little better about myself.

My self worth is measured by how much stuff I can pick up.

bamhand fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Aug 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

If you love this thread, let it die

• Locked thread