Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

So basically this "Kry" person was your very own personal liveposting George R. R. Martin and she kept telling you the horrifying plot twists were your fault. "Bran was thrown off the tower BECAUSE OF YOU and Drogo died BECAUSE OF YOU and Theon got his dick cut off BECAUSE OF YOU and Talisa got stabbed in the baby BECAUSE OF YOU!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

JohnOfOrdo3 posted:

Is that the one where if you put a frog in water and then heat it it won't realise until it's boiled to death? You have a better way with words than I do, I could have saved myself a good ten minutes writing all that. :downs:
Basically. The human mind is really bad at questioning the status quo, so if the crazy around you gets inched up a little at a time, you reach the point where you don't realize how utterly batshit your life is until you look at it in hindsight.

While the rest of us, seeing the full effects all at once, can recognize the crazy much more easily.

TunaSpleen
Jan 27, 2007

How do I say, "You're the grossest thing ever" without offending you?
Grimey Drawer

Vorgen posted:

and Talisa got stabbed in the baby BECAUSE OF YOU!

Look at this scrub who references the show and not the books :smug: the book series will never reach completion BECAUSE OF YOU!

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

My other car is an asteroid
:black101:

Vorgen posted:

So basically this "Kry" person was your very own personal liveposting George R. R. Martin and she kept telling you the horrifying plot twists were your fault. "Bran was thrown off the tower BECAUSE OF YOU and Drogo died BECAUSE OF YOU and Theon got his dick cut off BECAUSE OF YOU and Talisa got stabbed in the baby BECAUSE OF YOU!"

I think those would make sense if I could get into game of thrones more. But I genuinely can't because some parts are far too close to some of the stuff I went through with Kry and also I'm constantly now on edge from the belief that everybody's gonna get raped. I just couldn't handle the book. I peaced out right about the time the 13 year old dragon queen girl married and had her first sexual experience.

But other than that. Yes.

sweeperbravo posted:

You may be interested to hear that this is known as a "parasocial relationship" or "parasocial interaction" :eng101:

I would be! Thanks!

Poison Mushroom posted:

Basically. The human mind is really bad at questioning the status quo, so if the crazy around you gets inched up a little at a time, you reach the point where you don't realize how utterly batshit your life is until you look at it in hindsight.

While the rest of us, seeing the full effects all at once, can recognize the crazy much more easily.

That makes sense. But I kind of came at it from the other way. Most of the truly horrendous poo poo happened towards the beginning which meant later on when I was getting worn out I found myself saying "Well as least it wasn't as bad as it was back then". I'm not saying the poo poo ever exactly stopped. But the instances like Tala/demon hound became less common.

I'm trying to figure out the next story to tell. I'll get back with an update at some point. Have to look into which stories I've told so far and figure out where to go from there.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
You apparently saw Kry on video, so I'll just come out and ask it: was she fat? :v:

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

My other car is an asteroid
:black101:

Dick Burglar posted:

You apparently saw Kry on video, so I'll just come out and ask it: was she fat? :v:

Yeah, she was. She'd been pretty at one point, but that had been hidden under growing layers of blubber. Her chin had all but disappeared into a slope. I'd say she was just getting towards the stage where she could be said to be obese. But still had the chance to turn back. Although try as I might, exercise was not on her list of priorities. But who knows, that might have changed after she dumped her long distance fiance when he got angry that she went to a BDSM club to be spanked and was surprised when he felt she'd betrayed his trust. Think she hooked up with the balding 37 year old guy she'd be chatting with other the internet who suggested she go to the club in the first place. I think she said he was encouraging her to exercise so maybe she's getting thinner now. Although god that guy doesn't know what he's in for. Last I heard he was moving down to live in her adopted parents house with her as a couple. To be a fly on the wall when that conversation went down with her parents...

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
I have never and prolly will never understand the whole "move in with parents with a partner/SO" thing. It makes ZERO freaking sense in SO many ways.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Samizdata posted:

I have never and prolly will never understand the whole "move in with parents with a partner/SO" thing. It makes ZERO freaking sense in SO many ways.

I'd say there's decent odds he lives with his parents, so given the mindset of a 37 year old living in their parent's basement it might make sense.

Alternatively it makes sense if you're rushing things and only living there for the week or two it takes to find an apartment in the area.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Or they're both mentally unstable adults , so logic was never really high up on their priority list.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Samizdata posted:

"Being hella-broke" makes perfect sense to me!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Dick Burglar posted:

I know you mean "broke" as in "no money", but I at first read it as "broken as a human being" and it makes at least as much sense.

Edit There's also the possibility that one of them is from a culture where 'everybody lives in the same house' is kind of the norm. I know a lot of Mexican-Americans still follow that trend.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Brightman posted:

I'd say there's decent odds he lives with his parents, so given the mindset of a 37 year old living in their parent's basement it might make sense.

Alternatively it makes sense if you're rushing things and only living there for the week or two it takes to find an apartment in the area.

Never done it, even when it would have made my life a lot easier. Although the week thing makes sense, but that is NOT the vibe I got...

Dick Burglar posted:

Nope. Been broke too many times, and too many people say I don't make sense, so, extending the logic...

Poison Mushroom posted:

I know you mean "broke" as in "no money", but I at first read it as "broken as a human being" and it makes at least as much sense.

Edit There's also the possibility that one of them is from a culture where 'everybody lives in the same house' is kind of the norm. I know a lot of Mexican-Americans still follow that trend.

Yeah, but, but, but sexyfuntimes!

Serious Cephalopod
Jul 1, 2007

This is a Serious post for a Serious thread.

Bloop Bloop Bloop
Pillbug

Dick Burglar posted:

If my family wasn't absolutely nuts, I think my sisters and I would all still be there. Beats being broke with no free time.

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Samizdata posted:

Yeah, but, but, but sexyfuntimes!

As if that type of person cares whether their parents, or anyone else for that matter, hear them loving (they almost definitely don't )

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

I am The Fury posted:

As if that type of person cares whether their parents, or anyone else for that matter, hear them loving (they almost definitely don't )

Well, FWIW, I do so care.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Poison Mushroom posted:

There's also the possibility that one of them is from a culture where 'everybody lives in the same house' is kind of the norm. I know a lot of Mexican-Americans still follow that trend.

It's definitely a thing here in Malaysia; my parents lived with my grandmother on my mother's side while I was growing up. Mind you, grandma's mega rich, and lived in a hilltop mansion with plenty of privacy for everyone.

Sytakan
Jul 26, 2012

Ohyes.
Good lord, I'm just getting started reading about this. I knew some crazies, (and was a crazy for a little bit,) but none of them came close to the extents I'm seeing here. The worst I knew was a guy who, for about a school year, was very convinced he was Adam Sandler who traveled back in time to cheer himself up and "Raise the quality of comedy." He hung out with me because I was nerdy enough to do a very poorly done essay on time travel, and I hung out with him because I thought Adam Sandler was the poo poo back then.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Sytakan posted:

The worst I knew was a guy who, for about a school year, was very convinced he was Adam Sandler who traveled back in time to cheer himself up and "Raise the quality of comedy."

You can't possibly not have any interesting Adam Sandler: The Teenage Years anecdotes to share.

Sytakan
Jul 26, 2012

Ohyes.

Rexides posted:

You can't possibly not have any interesting Adam Sandler: The Teenage Years anecdotes to share.

I'm not sure how interesting the stories are, but there are a couple that stand out a bit. I'll give a bit of backstory too.

I met the guy in middle school about 13 years ago, when I was close to 14 I think. It was the start of the year and the English teacher wanted us to do some creative writing exercise about whatever interested you. She had each student call out in class what they were going to do, and I chose time travel. I didn't do the report for a week, and wound up just watching Back to the Future and copying everything Doc said about time travel almost word for word. Lucky for me, either no one was familiar enough with the movie to recognize my blatant plagiarism, or just didn't care.

However, after I gave the report, he found me at lunch and wanted to talk about time travel more. Since all the friends I made last year had a different lunch period, I was alone and was happy for nerdy company. He told me his name was Adam and that he KNEW Adam Sandler was him from the future. Apparently he had thought about that with passing interest for a while, but once he heard me talk about branching timelines, all his questions about why Sandler never met with him or remembered all the torment he felt he was going through now. Once he got me to accept that he must be Adam Sandler, he suddenly blurted, "If he's from a different timeline, then it all makes sense! That's why he doesn't know about how much I want to see him! That's why not all of his childhood stories match mine! See? You've helped me understand EVERYTHING!" Being somewhat unstable myself, I was more than happy to agree with him as I thought I would finally get a friend to nerd out over time travel with. Boy was I wrong, that kid couldn't give less of a poo poo about me, he just wanted someone to enable him.

Our school had two talent shows that year, and he joined both. The first one he tried his own material, bombed, and then threatened to murder the principal when the man tried to take the mic away. The second he just used Adam Sandler jokes, which went poorly, as he and I were the only ones who actually LIKED Adam Sandler. When no one laughed and started booing, he threatened to murder the entire school. Both times he was removed from school for a couple weeks.

He also forged several letters to him from Sandler, and using them he almost convinced the principal that he was coming to do a presentation.

There was the time he thought he saw Sandler's car out the window, and tried to break it to get to him.

He saw a substitute from behind and thought he was Sandler, and physically attacked the guy when he found out he wasn't.

When Mr. Deeds came out, he didn't come to school for a week. Apparently he hated the movie, and it caused a bit of a breakdown. After that he wasn't nearly as nutty, and then he moved to a new school district. Last I heard, he gave up on Sandler completely when Anger Management came out.

I can go into more detail if anyone wants, but there's not too much more to any of the stories. Like I said, they're not too terribly interesting.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Sytakan posted:

I can go into more detail if anyone wants, but there's not too much more to any of the stories. Like I said, they're not too terribly interesting.

:justpost: :justpost: :justpost: :justpost: :justpost: :justpost: :justpost: :justpost: :justpost: :justpost: :justpost: :justpost:

Of all the people to have a Misery-style obsession with, for goodness' sake

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe
The forged letters story! Tell the forged letters that almost tricked the principal story!!

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Did he look anything like a younger Adam Sandler?

Sytakan
Jul 26, 2012

Ohyes.

Rexides posted:

Did he look anything like a younger Adam Sandler?

He had the same head shape, so when he cut his hair really short or shaved it he actually did look a fair bit like him.

Edit: I just looked up "Young Adam Sandler" and no, he did not look anything like that.

sweeperbravo posted:

:justpost: :justpost: :justpost: :justpost: :justpost: :justpost: :justpost: :justpost: :justpost: :justpost: :justpost: :justpost:

Of all the people to have a Misery-style obsession with, for goodness' sake

I didn't get it either, and I actually liked Sandler at the time.

Bobbie Wickham posted:

The forged letters story! Tell the forged letters that almost tricked the principal story!!

So, the school that we went to wasn't the best school. It wasn't like it was a terrible school, it was just had a district that covered a whole lot of nothing and the principal REALLY wanted to change that. The district was small enough that middle school was just a smaller building connected to the high school, and most of the bigger classrooms and things were shared.

People weren't believing Young Adam's time travel theory. Most people wouldn't even talk to him. One day he shows up with a letter that he swears is from Adam Sandler. It's made from fancy stationary, typed up, and signed really big. On the top, in big bold letters it said "FROM THE DESK OF ADAM SANDLER, ACTOR". Even at 14, when I believed basically everything, it set off my bullshit alarm. But maybe that's just because I was getting used to his bullshit.

Anyway, since Young Adam would get REALLY whiny, and sometimes aggressive, when I didn't believe him, I just went along with it. He did this three or four more times, usually showing up with a new letter every week or so. But he decided to spice it up the last time, probably to get more attention. The letter stated that Sandler wanted to come do a presentation at the school, and planned to arrive in a couple weeks. But he still couldn't get anyone to pay attention to him.

Until he said, "C'mon guys, a real celebrity is coming here because of me!" within earshot of the principal. He happened to be wandering around the cafeteria asking kids what food they did and didn't like to eat when he heard that, and I swear he abandoned a conversation mid sentence. After a quick discussion with Young Adam, he borrowed the letter, and spent the next three days preparing the school for Sandler's arrival. However, on Monday, he canceled it, claiming a "Misunderstanding". Young Adam was suspended for a week, and my nosy rear end investigated. I learned that the Principal took the letter home to show his skeptical wife and daughter. The daughter or her friend (already graduated I think) recognized it and revealed that Young Adam was making these at the calligraphy/copy shop she worked at.

Young Adam refused to speak about the entire incident.

Sorry if I was a bit :words: there, it's a bad habit of mine, and I don't write much. I'll post the other stories later. This took longer to write than I expected it to, and it used up my whole lunch break. :doh:

Sytakan fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Aug 20, 2015

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Chill, dude. That was a perfectly fine way to tell a story and wasn't even particularly wall-of-text. I appreciate you taking the time to write out the story. But seriously, don't worry so much about whether you're going to annoy your readers somehow. We are all looking for new stories and, while this isn't "middle school friend wants to kill me because she thinks I was her archnemesis in the anime-astral-plane" levels of crazy, it's still crazy poo poo and I'm enjoying it. Please continue to share.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Sytakan posted:

However, on Monday, he canceled it, claiming a "Misunderstanding". Young Adam was suspended for a week, and my nosy rear end investigated. I learned that the Principal took the letter home to show his skeptical wife and daughter. The daughter or her friend (already graduated I think) recognized it and revealed that Young Adam was making these at the calligraphy/copy shop she worked at.

Wow, that guy was gullible. Whatever happened to the kid? Grow out of it, or still wishing Sandler would come and sweep him off his feet?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sytakan posted:

When Mr. Deeds came out, he didn't come to school for a week. Apparently he hated the movie, and it caused a bit of a breakdown. After that he wasn't nearly as nutty, and then he moved to a new school district. Last I heard, he gave up on Sandler completely when Anger Management came out.

Got better, apparently.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Disappointment is healthy.

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Disappointment is healthy.

Good, because that's all I've delivered. Summer is the crazy busy time for IT folk who work for school districts. As soon as I have free time I will be back.

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

sinking belle posted:

Last time I googled jf bibeau from the UK I got a very sanitised first page of results appended with one of those notices saying that what I was looking at had been adjusted in accordance with that EU privacy law

JF Molesteau is a goddamned pedophile and if you are in the EU you should use external proxies to document and deliver warnings to the parents of his latest intended victims

"He used to complain to me that the girls he liked were too young to have jobs so they couldn't buy him presents."

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist
Notepad copy/paste fuckups come in all shapes and sizes and this was a doozy. Not editing it because I deserve whatever mockery arrives

uglynoodles
May 28, 2009

sweeperbravo posted:

uglynoodles, I am glad that you started this thread, even though it's mostly dead now (and even though after the first hundred pages or so I think most of the sharpest material was already spent). Any updates on... well... anything?

This is my thread and I can kumbaya if I want to;
Denise is still living with her father, though in a different part of our hometown. Her latest obsession is Attack on Titan. She goes to every anime con she can and cosplays. She seems to have more friends now. Because I don't talk to her very much, I can't say whether or not she's finally let go of her spirit anime husbandos, but I doubt it. She still goes on about 'cleaning her room' on public posts on facebook so I can only imagine it's still her favourite excuse.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
I'm writing this on my phone, so forgive the lovely formatting and occasional punctuation gently caress ups.

This doesn't totally fit in here because he wasn't as toxic a person as 99% of the people in these stories are, but I'm posting it anyway.

I had a friend that got too way into writing stories of his D&D character when I was a freshman and he was a senior in high school, so it was 1994 when we first became friends. His other group of friends had all graduated when he was in 10th or 11th grade, so it felt like I was a badass, being 14 and hanging out with a bunch of older dudes. It was like a melding of the two groups from freaks and geeks where the burnouts were also the nerds.

I wore thick glasses, was wall-eyed, but otherwise ok looking in the face, was ADD/HD(with very little of the anger issues), was junkie-skinny from my ADD drugs, and was basically the little dog from the looney toons cartoons with the bull dog and the hyper dog that bounced around him asking way too many questions.

John had a stack of 5 subject college-ruled notebooks completely filled with single spaced hand-written chronicles of what the character had done. John lived with his grandmother(she was in her mid 60s) because he got in the way of his mother's hard drinkin and weed smokin lifestyle, and had almost no supervision because his grandmother worked 3rds at the rest home and took care of meals and cleaning for her own mother when she wasn't asleep.

In addition to the notebooks, he carried 8 or 9 AD&D second edition source books and a giant wet-wipes container full of dice in his backpack.

He ended up dropping out of school on the last day of his senior year before graduation because he came to school drunk/stoned and wouldn't take off his sunglasses.

He didn't care, he was going to be a writer and publish D&D fiction and sourcebooks.

My folks were really tolerant of my friendships with these guys because I always turned up safe and sound and sober at home at reasonable hours, and all of them were friendly to my parents and polite, and my mother and father have always been the kind of people who personified the true meaning of WWJD?: make sure that the kids with lovely home lives had a good example of a loving relationship, give them a good home cooked meal, and a place to crash if they need it, and don't get in their face with preachy poo poo.

John would stay over, we'd crash out at like 3 am, and he'd be back up when my mom got up, telling her all about his character as though it was him in a parallel world.

I'd drive him out to see his mom, I was 16, she'd greet both of us at the door with a beer, because she knew that if we drank, we'd stick around for an extra couple hours to get the beers out of our system.

He got married in 02 because the 19 year old girl(Bea) he met at a comic shop got pregnant, I was a groomsman. They named both their daughters with horrible spellings of traditional Irish names(not Irish at all) but if they'd been boys, the first one would have been named after his D&D character from high school, and the second would have been Duncan Macleod <last name>.

His wife hosed one of our friends, and got away with it because "well, we were talking about having an open marriage!" They're still together.

He took out a huge adjustable rate mortgage to buy a house in our hometown, and walked away from it before the mortgage bubble burst because the empty bathtub fell through the floor into the basement and he couldn't afford to fix it. They filed bankruptcy after the foreclosure.

His grandma moved into the 2 bedroom house he and his wife and two daughters were renting, forcing him and his wife to move into the attic rooms. It's laid out similarly to this: only no bathroom upstairs, no closets, and 3 panel screens instead of room doors.

After the girls got a little older, they moved into the other side of the attic, and they use the other bedroom downstairs as a goon lair/computer room, with two computers using 40" tvs as monitors on side by side desks.

Grandma broke her hip and shoulder this year, and finally had to retire from janitorial on 3rds at Walmart.

Bea's dad died of throat cancer in May, 6 days after the diagnosis, so they all packed up and moved an hour south to where Bea's mom has a house in the country. They now have 6 people living in a 2000 sq ft house with 5 bedrooms and a finished basement(included in the square footage). The house is paid off, and has been for 15 years, and her father had had updates done as needed, but Bea wants her mom to take out a 130k mortgage so they can do more to it. Bea's mom said gently caress that noise.

The oldest daughter (Hyathyr) is 12 now, and came out to her parents as bisexual, if not lesbian. They're accepting of it, thank god. John and I found some stuff while packingfor the move in an old binder, though. Hyathyr draws her own lesbian furry porn.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
At least it's her own.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

At least it's her own.

We didn't look for more.

We opened the binder, saw the drawing with her signature, then I said "you need to have her mother talk to her about this."

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

At least it isn't anime

Right?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

kizudarake posted:

The oldest daughter (Hyathyr) is 12 now, and came out to her parents as bisexual, if not lesbian. They're accepting of it, thank god. John and I found some stuff while packingfor the move in an old binder, though. Hyathyr draws her own lesbian furry porn.
If I know anything about the furry fandom and their love of jerkoff art, it's that when she gets older, she's going to be the richest person in that family by a country mile.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Can I get a cliff notes on this thread? I've read the first few pages of the OP's stories.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

ChocNitty posted:

Can I get a cliff notes on this thread? I've read the first few pages of the OP's stories.

Well the short of it is people are crazy and many more people came in to tell stories. Probably best to find them and click the ? to get their posts and read through them at your leisure skipping the discussion and that'll serve as "cliff notes" probably.

For instance Ugly Noodle's Posts altogether are only 3 pages.

Sad Rhino's posts are also 3 pages, which recount the tale of a girl in law school who thought she was married to Sai Baba.

Sir Prancelot's posts on a weirdo named Chris.

JohnOfOrdo3's posts about being manipulated and emotionally abused by some psycho name Kry.

I'm probably missing at least 4 or 5 other "good" ones. I recall a girl who thought she was a Disney Princess, some rear end in a top hat guy that was a reincarnation of a god (actually that was recentish...Bubble Princess's posts), and stuff like otherkin, fairy torture fetishes, a kid that thought he was a 1970s businessman named Meyers, and more and worse.

Fake edit: Hibiscus's posts telling the tale of the mystic land of Aristasia.

Queen of Knights posts about the aforementioned Disney Princess girl.

Edit2: Found the Meyers posts, starts here.

VV :agreed: Meyers was what I kept thinking of when I was watching that. (bleh, forgot that "Meyers" was actually 22)

Brightman fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Sep 11, 2015

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013
I realized that if Meyers were successful, he'd be Vincent Adultman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Whiz Palace posted:

I realized that if Meyers were successful, he'd be Vincent Adultman.

:golfclap:

• Locked thread