Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Onmi posted:

And you are a wiser man than I if you can determine what the gently caress that is.

I believe it goes something along the lines of "I'M VINCE MCMAHON DAMMIT"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Blasmeister posted:

It's also been pretty well established that most of the boundary-pushing attitude era was a product of neccessity and not really Vince's comfort zone or intended direction for the company, which was much more along the lines of the early 90s gimmicky and kid-friendly show.

this is only because of legal problems surrounding his true vision of steroid superheroes

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

John Quixote posted:

That's really all you need to read right there before you know the rest.

>be vince
>alpha af

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Onmi posted:

I'm just shocked that people think McMahon ever has an agenda that isn't "More money" or "Petty bullshit regarding whatever the gently caress is going on in Vince McMahons head." And you are a wiser man than I if you can determine what the gently caress that is.

Quite. It's quite clear that Hogan got Benoitized because of fear of the sponsors rather than the strong social justice credentials of Vince "what's good in the hood, my nigga?" McMahon. Even if Uncle Terry was basically everyone's wingnutty grandpa.

(It's me, I'm the stupid wrestling fan.)

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
If Raw was entirely what Vince McMahon wanted it to be, I'm sure it would just be 2 hours and 50 minutes of some bodybuilders flexing while Vince and a co-commentator hyped up how strong and incredible they looked.

And then there would be a 1 v 1 match in the main event ending when someone Vince didn't like was humiliated in the ring.

See you next week on Monday Night Raw!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Marquis de Pyro posted:

If Raw was entirely what Vince McMahon wanted it to be, I'm sure it would just be 2 hours and 50 minutes of some bodybuilders flexing while Vince and a co-commentator hyped up how strong and incredible they looked.

And then there would be a 1 v 1 match in the main event ending when someone Vince didn't like was humiliated in the ring.

See you next week on Monday Night Raw!

So bring back WBF!

goc
Mar 26, 2013

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
From wrestlingforum.com discussion about Ronda Rousey at WrestleMania:

First we have people who don't understand how contracts work:

quote:

Lol.. no it won't.

What's Dana going to do.. strip her of the title? UFC would get shredded by the media up one end and down the other. By the time they're done, it'll make what they did to Hulk Hogan look kind.

And heck... all she really has to do is say 'go ahead. I heard Bellator needs a massive draw and I've mowed through everyone here.' and he's screwed. You think he's going to risk losing her?

Trust me.. if she has a will, she can do it np and there isn't much Dana White can do about it as he might as well dig his own grave if he tries. She's untouchable at this point. This is one of those things where technically he can stop her, but realistically... he can't.

quote:

Dana White would be stupid to fire his biggest star for a WWE appearance. Stupid. And she'd just start training to be a wrestler then.

Meanwhile Dana has lost his biggest star and has garnered a bunch of bad press and soured fans. For what?

She makes enough press and money for the ufc that Dana can't stop her from poo poo.

And then we just have stupid poo poo:

quote:

Honestly it would be a very wise decision for her to get out of MMA in the next couple of years and focus on stuff like acting and the WWE while shes still relatively young and still has her aura intact. Shes already completely dominated her division and solidified her place as the GOAT female fighter to the point where theres only really one credible opponent left for her at this point -Cyborg, and that fights not gonna happen. No need for her to stick around in MMA easily dominating the same old mismatched opponents until one day someone shows up who can actually beat her and lowers her stock in the process.

And here we have REALLY stupid poo poo:

quote:

I am kind of worried about Ronda going in a match in WWE. She would likely face Stephanie, someone who does not like to lose in a scripted show. Won't this hurt a little of Ronda's credibility in the UFC or else where.

I also had a horrifying thought, ScrewJob. What if they script it so Ronda wins to get everyone to agree but than, make it more physical than Ronda can handle. AKA multiple fighters/accidental attacks by superstars.

So she actually loses to the million dollar princess who can't loose. Or even better they get someone or someone's to fight Ronda instead of Steph in a last minute change up. There are plenty of big woman who would simply out weight Ronda making it harder. Kharma comes mind, someone like Chyna for instance. (note I am not saying Chyna could beat Ronda straight up one on one in her day.)

Also if she joins as an actual Diva it could get worse, WWE gets to rub in UFC's face that one of their people get always beaten.

Oh but Brock...who is a guy and married to a former Diva.

So does that mean Ronda will be expected to go the 'traditional' route of successful Divas.

Anyways end rant.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if we're going by current booking trends, Steph will be in Ronda's corner cheering her on as she faces the dreaded Bri Bella(who was face last week).

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

coconono posted:

if we're going by current booking trends, Steph will be in Ronda's corner cheering her on as she faces the dreaded Bri Bella(who was face last week).

WEll they have to give Ronda credibility somehow

goc
Mar 26, 2013

he knows...
The dumbest part about the "well Rousey can just do whatever she wants and Dana can't stop her thing" besides the fact that's it's 100% untrue is that they really think WrestleMania 32 is so important to her that she's going to breach her UFC contract to wrestle on it.

It also ignores the fact in the extreme unlikelihood that she WOULD breach her contract, that Dana White would most definitely try and get an injunction against the event taking place and Vince McMahon knows that full well and wouldn't gamble on it.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

coconono posted:

"I was completely against having women in the UFC until I saw Ronda fight Stephanie McMahon convinced me that we need a WMMA revolution." - Dana White

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
I just think it funny the idea that that guy's scared WWE guys will try to shoot on Ronda Rousey? Huh?

Also wasn't her WM31 appearance totally with Dana's blessing? I guess a full-on match would be different but...

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

John Quixote posted:

I just think it funny the idea that that guy's scared WWE guys will try to shoot on Ronda Rousey? Huh?

Also wasn't her WM31 appearance totally with Dana's blessing? I guess a full-on match would be different but...

dana was livetweeting the show from the UK i think

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Really, Rock picking Rhonda out of the crowd last year as the one person who could actually kill off Steph's ultimate Mary Sue character would have been the best possible ending to the whole Stephanie saga. Throw her, armbar her, go away forever. But haha, the Stephanie saga will never end.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

DeathChicken posted:

Really, Rock picking Rhonda out of the crowd last year as the one person who could actually kill off Steph's ultimate Mary Sue character would have been the best possible ending to the whole Stephanie saga. Throw her, armbar her, go away forever. But haha, the Stephanie saga will never end.

But without Stephanie how would we have this Diva Revolution?

goc
Mar 26, 2013

he knows...

John Quixote posted:

Yes, a full-on match would be different because then she risks getting injured during the training for the match or the match itself. Plus it allows WWE to use Rousey having a match as a selling point for WrestleMania. Why would he want to let them do that?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Well, ideally to get WWE fans into MMA, but Ronda seems to have no trouble being a massive draw by herself at this point so there's less need for that sort of cross promotion than there might have been when the WM31 spot was agreed to.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

he knows...

Blasmeister posted:

Well, ideally to get WWE fans into MMA, but Ronda seems to have no trouble being a massive draw by herself at this point so there's less need for that sort of cross promotion than there might have been when the WM31 spot was agreed to.

It's quite possible that her last fight did better on PPV than every WrestleMania ever with maybe 17 being the only exception. More people in the U.S. paid $60 to see her last fight than are subscribed to the WWE Network for $9.99. There is way more to lose than gain if you are Dana White.

If I was him I would just publicly state "Yes, I would be fine with Ronda Rousey having a match at WrestleMania, if Vince agrees to give UFC 25% of the overall gross." Because there is no loving way Vince is going for that and it'd make him so pissed off he'd stop trying to push the idea.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

goc posted:

It's quite possible that her last fight did better on PPV than every WrestleMania ever with maybe 17 being the only exception. More people in the U.S. paid $60 to see her last fight than are subscribed to the WWE Network for $9.99. There is way more to lose than gain if you are Dana White.

If I was him I would just publicly state "Yes, I would be fine with Ronda Rousey having a match at WrestleMania, if Vince agrees to give UFC 25% of the overall gross." Because there is no loving way Vince is going for that and it'd make him so pissed off he'd stop trying to push the idea.

And then we'd get more grist for the mill that is "Petty stupid poo poo Vince McMahon has done to get back at someone he feels, rightly or wrongly, has slighted him". I can only imagine he'd give one of the blonde divas an MMA gimmick and then job them out terribly, completing the holy trinity of no one getting over, turning crowds off, and satisfying Vince's insanity.

Either that, or he'd get a bald actor to play Billionaire Dana and put him in all sorts of embarrassing, cringeworthy situations.

Or both.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Curtis Axel's next gimmick will be him shaving his head and come to the ring screaming about REAL FIGHTING NONE OF THIS FAKE PANSY CRAP before getting rolled up by El Torito

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

goc posted:

It's insane how big of a draw she's become. Conor McGregor just did 825k buys against a legit opponent with a welterweight title fight co-main and an insane main card. Ronda did 900k on the very next PPV against a woman who has only trained for 4 years and on a very mediocre card.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
It's interesting to see just how much her star has risen just in the time from Mania 31 to now. Like, she was popular then, it was a great spot and the crowd loved it, now EVERYBODY knows her.

I'd say they could get her in another non-wrestling appearance but even being a guest ref presumably carries some risk of injury.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Benne posted:

Curtis Axel's next gimmick will be him shaving his head and come to the ring screaming about REAL FIGHTING NONE OF THIS FAKE PANSY CRAP before getting rolled up by El Torito

Vince brings back Kama, The Supreme Fighting Machine

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Davros1 posted:

Vince brings back Kama, The Supreme Fighting Machine

Kick
Any
Man's
rear end

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
I kind of agree Rousey should only continue to fight for a limited amount of time and then try to get into show business or something else. There's not really anyone on her level for fighting, some idiot could always get lucky and drop her, and spending a long career fighting is tough on your body.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
She should come to WWE and beat Nikki Bella with a roll up after Charlotte appears on the entrance ramp and distracts everyone

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

natetimm posted:

I kind of agree Rousey should only continue to fight for a limited amount of time and then try to get into show business or something else. There's not really anyone on her level for fighting, some idiot could always get lucky and drop her, and spending a long career fighting is tough on your body.

A long career really isn't how that always works. It comes down to ring time, from what I understand. If Ronda can keep knocking people out or making them tap in less than thirty seconds, hardly taking any hits herself, she could conceivably keep going for a long, long time.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

I don't want to see Stardust challenging for the world title

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

this is the thread for stupid opinions, not completely reasonable ones

goc
Mar 26, 2013

he knows...

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Who gave Vince McMahon a Tumblr account?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

cant wait for three hours a week of john cenas open challenges for various belts

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
The "being John Cena" championship needs building up more, dammit.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
So, uh, who would challenge him that hadn't already challenged him before, for a lesser title?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Grendels Dad posted:

So, uh, who would challenge him that hadn't already challenged him before, for a lesser title?

Big Show and Kane.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

That up and comer Randy Orton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Andrast posted:

Big Show and Kane.

And after that, Kane and Big Show.