Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I can't stop taking glamour shots of this drat cat

Viewing these is the first time I've ever thought about fantasia'ing to cat.

It was a brief thought, mind you, but still, quite an achievement :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
SE seriosely if you make a story like heavensward .... you really should let us choice which path to follow

I for one would love to help the dragons slaughter every man woman and child in isgard after that story

its in their blood to commit the same sins over and over again thats why the dragons need to do a purg to end it once and for all its not psychotic

and again dragon wants revenge he should be allowed to get it..... Forgiveness is for the weak ,pathic and stupid

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Technogeek posted:

SE seriosely if you make a story like heavensward .... you really should let us choice which path to follow

I for one would love to help the dragons slaughter every man woman and child in isgard after that story

its in their blood to commit the same sins over and over again thats why the dragons need to do a purg to end it once and for all its not psychotic

and again dragon wants revenge he should be allowed to get it..... Forgiveness is for the weak ,pathic and stupid

:agreed:

let me burn down Eorzea

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Oh look, fantasy Nazi's.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Technogeek posted:

Forgiveness is for the weak ,pathic and stupid

New thread title????

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Does this game have the best feature from ff11, <call3>?

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.

Boten Anna posted:

After maining WAR and getting DRK to 60 it feels weird to play PLD now because Flash does no damage and it's loving awful. Nothing spammable does AOE damage. It's garbage and I hate it.

Is the keeping threat thing more of an issue with PLD? I did A1S with some people where the MT (a PLD) grabbed all the adds and Faust and I just wailed on it in Deliverance. The first try I did Butcher's Block combos to maximize DPS but ended up pulling threat and contributing to a wipe :v: It does seem strange that I outhreated a tank in tanking stance while in DPS stance, even with the bonus threat, as the main tank is in a defensive stance and using their own threat bonus combo.

Basically PLD seems a bit hosed up right now, as WAR and DRK absolutely poo poo threat while PLD like, doesn't.

I think you could probably do full Butcher's Block combos now, that was the first pull I ever did MTing that fight and was having a bit of a hard time managing Faust and all his minions enmity so you caught up to me, now that I've done it a few times I don't think it would be a problem anymore.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Technogeek posted:

Was this a repost or are you drinking? Your heart's in the right place. With XIV's heavy usage of in-game cutscenes, branching stories are easier to pull off, especially if they kept the general area progression similar.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I for one think we should literally exterminate every fantasy race that lives to be older than like, two hundred years old or so, because if the story of Heavensward and every other piece of fantasy media has taught me anything it's that long lived races seem to think that living a long time gives them a license to act like goddamn psychopaths over crimes commited by random motherfuckers from who knows when.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Was this a repost or are you drinking? Your heart's in the right place. With XIV's heavy usage of in-game cutscenes, branching stories are easier to pull off, especially if they kept the general area progression similar.

Yes to the latter, but also the former.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/255440-Dear-se-if-u-make-a-story

Shabooty
Apr 29, 2013
i finally beat the main story

now what?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Everything Rick Perry posts is an unsourced quote.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Shabooty posted:

i finally beat the main story

now what?

Raiding, crafting, gathering, PvP, EX Primals, Crystal Tower, Hildibrand, take your pick.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Dr Pepper posted:

:agreed:

let me burn down Eorzea

Just let me /punt Lolorito all over Ul'dah, then I will never say a bad thing about the game ever again.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Their username is LoliNekoAmaya666 and I legitimately can't tell if they're trolling or not.

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

This is the easiest gil I've ever made

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Driving the gobwalker on A2S is a lot of work but fun.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

megalodong posted:

Does this game have the best feature from ff11, <call3>?

<se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6>YOU HAVE BEEN REMOVED FROM THE INSTANCE

Pikachu posted:

stop making me want to flood the market with bullshit

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Since we've got some BLM mathemagicians in here, have the criteria for AoE changed? Last I knew it it was
  • 1 target: flare if convert is up
  • 2 targets: same as 1 target, spread thundercloud around a bit while otherwise single targeting normally
  • 3+ targets: fire2 until you can't, flare (swift or hardcast), if convert is up use it and flare again, transpose, fire3 soon as you get a tick, repeat
Does this change if ley lines is running?

(edit) While I'm in here, is two targets enough for an AoE LB to outpace a single target (e.g. Oppressor)?

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Kitfox88 posted:

<se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6><se.6>YOU HAVE BEEN REMOVED FROM THE INSTANCE

I prefer <se.11><se.11><se.11>GAME OVER<se.11><se.11><se.11>

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Ciaphas posted:

Since we've got some BLM mathemagicians in here, have the criteria for AoE changed? Last I knew it it was
  • 2 targets: same as 1 target, spread thundercloud around a bit while otherwise single targeting normally
  • 3+ targets: fire2 until you can't, flare (swift or hardcast), if convert is up use it and flare again, transpose, fire3 soon as you get a tick, repeat

(edit) While I'm in here, is two targets enough for an AoE LB to outpace a single target (e.g. Oppressor)?

If you can hit two targets with a caster LB, then you should use it. We get our oppressors just outside of tether range and kill them and the adds with it.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

vOv posted:

Their username is LoliNekoAmaya666 and I legitimately can't tell if they're trolling or not.

As a general rule, whenever you're asking that question about MMO official forums, the answer is always "they are being 100% serious".

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Mr. Nice! posted:

Driving the gobwalker on A2S is a lot of work but fun.

i did it for the first day but then we swapped because having the bard do it makes it nigh impossible

what a boring fight as a dps :smith:

Ciaphas posted:

flare is garbo now, you absolutely want to use convert to get out more fire 4's instead on single target

also for LB: Melee is 9000 potency, Caster is 5400 potency, ranged is slightly below caster but i don't have exact numbers. On 2 targets or more its always caster > ranged > melee

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'm the only melee DPS in the group so the bard, summoner, and blm get to AOE while I get yelled at about bombs.

SmokeATecmoBowl
Nov 9, 2006

Pikachu posted:

speaking of easy gil

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm the only melee DPS in the group so the bard, summoner, and blm get to AOE while I get yelled at about bombs.

Our ninja plays smn as a secondary so we went in with BLM/MNK/BRD and an i174 smn. He still got top dps because bane is hilariously op in that fight.

Also we wiped at least 5 times on jagd doll phase because he would pull aggro and refuses to get quelling strikes :shepface:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

bonewitch posted:

Our ninja plays smn as a secondary so we went in with BLM/MNK/BRD and an i174 smn. He still got top dps because bane is hilariously op in that fight.

Also we wiped at least 5 times on jagd doll phase because he would pull aggro and refuses to get quelling strikes :shepface:

In their defense I would rather take up sounding than level Archer to level required to unlock that ability.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

In their defense I would rather take up sounding than level Archer to level required to unlock that ability.

i take offense to this on multiple levels

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Boten Anna posted:

You're wrong and I don't like you anymore.

Six words and you undid all the goodwill by making all those spreadsheets. HOW DOES IT FEEL??

The final solution, merge the classes and weapons!

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I need to make friends with someone who has Cul Desynth leveled up pretty high. Anyone on Excalibur fit my friendly needs? I'll share profits with you.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Tenzarin posted:

youre wrong about dps and you should feel bad

but this does bring up the idea of bloodborne style transforming weapons, which would be the poo poo and then the poo poo would take a poo poo that was also the poo poo. weapon mode switch combo strings {Yes please}

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Ciaphas posted:

This looks wrong to me. Thought it was posted before but in the last thread. Maybe by fister robato?

In 2.0 for 2 or more targets you did f2 f2 flare transpose. Mix in a converted double flare when possible. Open with fire 3 then fire 2 x n, then flare. Where n is equal to number of fire 2s you think you should cast while the tank builds enmity before you flare.

I am phone posting in bed so I don't want to go pulling potencies or doing math but flare was the big damage even without AF3 up. Fire 2 was just to deal damage while transpose cooled down between flares.

It should be the same thing in 3.0 but the only thing I don't know is what number of enemies you swith to aoe on. It feels like 3 targets now instead of 2 but someone needs to crunch the numbers. It should be really easy to do.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
I like how they tuned a3s for eso weapons based on yoshi being surprised they got the kill pre eso weapons. I wonder what they tuned a4s for gear wise? Apparently groups working on it are specing into vit to try to survive the damage and it's not enough.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Captain Oblivious posted:

I for one think we should literally exterminate every fantasy race that lives to be older than like, two hundred years old or so, because if the story of Heavensward and every other piece of fantasy media has taught me anything it's that long lived races seem to think that living a long time gives them a license to act like goddamn psychopaths over crimes commited by random motherfuckers from who knows when.

It's a good thing dragons love to keep loot on them. Long live the dragoons! :colbert:

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Holyshoot posted:

I like how they tuned a3s for eso weapons based on yoshi being surprised they got the kill pre eso weapons. I wonder what they tuned a4s for gear wise? Apparently groups working on it are specing into vit to try to survive the damage and it's not enough.

Yeah, Cybert Manderville in quarantine hits super hard.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

itskage posted:

This looks wrong to me. Thought it was posted before but in the last thread. Maybe by fister robato?

In 2.0 for 2 or more targets you did f2 f2 flare transpose. Mix in a converted double flare when possible. Open with fire 3 then fire 2 x n, then flare. Where n is equal to number of fire 2s you think you should cast while the tank builds enmity before you flare.

I am phone posting in bed so I don't want to go pulling potencies or doing math but flare was the big damage even without AF3 up. Fire 2 was just to deal damage while transpose cooled down between flares.

It should be the same thing in 3.0 but the only thing I don't know is what number of enemies you swith to aoe on. It feels like 3 targets now instead of 2 but someone needs to crunch the numbers. It should be really easy to do.

Some really quick math because gently caress sleep:

F2x2, Flare, Transpose does ~157 pps to 2 targets and ~236 pps to three targets... if your mana ticks are timed so you get them instantly. Worse case with the ticks being poorly timed and you get 118 for 2 and 177 for 3. So if I just average that's 137 for 2 and 206 for three. Tenzarin and Kane's posts seem to imply that the new single target rotations do 140-150pps so it's pretty close for 2 targets either way.

Also you don't fire 3 except for the opener. The reason you don't fire 3 in the rotation is because it will increase the mana cost and I don't think it leaves you with enough mana to do a fire 2 and then flare. Also it will be a 3.5 second cast instead of a 2.5 second fire 2. And when you have 3+ targets the potency of the fire 3 loses out to a fire 2's damage anyway. The AF buff won't be enough to make up for the loss.

Edit: I forgot to account for flare's nerf in the numbers, but I doubt it's a huge difference. I'm going to bed.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Tenzarin posted:

the idea of a tank dps<>tank stance change where they use a different weapon like charge blades's axe <> sword tickles my fancy

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Level 60 SMN is rad but holy poo poo I feel like I'm juggling a million things at once. I think I've got the basic opener and rotation down against a training dummy, now I just need to put it into practice. Anybody got any cool tips I could use?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

Level 60 SMN is rad but holy poo poo I feel like I'm juggling a million things at once. I think I've got the basic opener and rotation down against a training dummy, now I just need to put it into practice. Anybody got any cool tips I could use?

Always stagger your third Aetherflow expenditure so that you have Aetherflow up for Dreadwyrm and can squeeze two Festers in per Dreadwyrm Trance.

Also, get like eight extra eyeballs for all the timers you're watching :shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Are there any updated end game crafter/gatherer guides? I look at the red scrips and have basically no idea what is going on.

I still need to get my lore books for gatherers, but I have all my master books for crafters.

• Locked thread