Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
3 games recently where someone from a south american country queued up, complained about ping and griefed while asking to be kicked. Why can't the mm maxping setting be lower by default

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Elevate vs. Method is on OT4 this is crazy.

Edit: OT5

Sil3nts streaming it and it's some real real bad CS.

Funny how far Elevate has fallen. From almost t1 NA to this.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Carol Pizzamom posted:

3 games recently where someone from a south american country queued up, complained about ping and griefed while asking to be kicked. Why can't the mm maxping setting be lower by default

MM maxping should be like 120 tops.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

Yeah, I don't care where someone is from, but if they queue into my games with 150 ping it's not going to be fun especially if they just ask to be kicked. I'd set it to 90 default

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

mcvey posted:

Sil3nts streaming it and it's some real real bad CS.

Funny how far Elevate has fallen. From almost t1 NA to this.

They finally showed up at the end it was a weird game. All of those maps were weird.

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
I just ran into my first blatantly obvious hacker in MM. We were beating this team 13-2 and when the teams switched side this guy on the other team bought an auto and was running around full speed getting headshots with it. It was wild I didn't even know you could hack like that to reduce the moving inaccuracy and recoil.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

Pookum posted:

I just ran into my first blatantly obvious hacker in MM. We were beating this team 13-2 and when the teams switched side this guy on the other team bought an auto and was running around full speed getting headshots with it. It was wild I didn't even know you could hack like that to reduce the moving inaccuracy and recoil.

You're not supposed to be able to, unless the hack stutter steps for him. Valve separated weapon randomness from the client and made it server side a while ago as one of their hacking prevention methods. This is actually why sometimes a bullet hole (client side) can appear behind someone and not register a hit or show blood splatter (both of which are server side). Source: Volvo Group, Sweden

Victorian Gentleman
Nov 24, 2007
You sir clearly have no etiquette

Kazinsal posted:

The difficult thing is actually putting together a team. I too am GNM and even though I can contribute in games queued up with/against DMGs and not be a feeder, I can't seem to move anywhere in the ranks.

Id be down to start a nova therapy group.
Whats your steam id, ill add ya. If any other novas cant seem to progress either lets que up!

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Victorian Gentleman posted:

Id be down to start a nova therapy group.
Whats your steam id, ill add ya. If any other novas cant seem to progress either lets que up!

gently caress, that's a good team name. Name on steam is Kazinsal. Maybe if we get five people in NA together we could five stack our way to greater ranks.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Lacedaemonius posted:

idk what you're smoking, it's an SMG with rifle damage. Not great, but great for the price, and I'd definitely have one over a galil

also m249's worse

The only niche the famas fills is one in a garbage dump.

for it is garbage.

Reasons to buy a famas:

1) ?
2) OCD and $3250
3) You're losing and want to lose more
3) Clinically retarded
7) French

sants
May 17, 2003

free beavis
if someone is being a sighy baby or an rear end in a top hat in mm just subtly troll them, its the only way to win

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

Jeza posted:

The only niche the famas fills is one in a garbage dump.

for it is garbage.

Don't hate, just look at how beautiful and elegant the FAMAS is:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

nftyw posted:

Don't hate, just look at how beautiful and elegant the FAMAS is:

Famas is like a drat laser if you burst it and also mine is pink so I'd say it's a good gun.

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Why is the sun always bullying me?

Kazinsal posted:

gently caress, that's a good team name. Name on steam is Kazinsal. Maybe if we get five people in NA together we could five stack our way to greater ranks.

I'll join a group for sure.

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
The clarion is good but hell you might as well buy an UMP if you can't afford a rifle.

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
Hey I'm gold nova 2 . Idk my steam name but I'll add you guys when I get home today

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Pookum posted:

The clarion is good but hell you might as well buy an UMP if you can't afford a rifle.

this imo. FAMAS is not good enough to justify a 2250$ investment. It has a longer range thanks to lower damage falloff and higher accuracy so it's more versatile but at close/mid range the weapons are functionally equivalent (same amount of shots against armor, same firerate), except UMP gives you $600 per kill and the ability to buy up some nades with it during a force up, too, which is a much better thing than a naked FAMAS without a hat or whatever. Just don't try holding down long on dust2 and you'll be fine.

That said there's a good argument that if you can't buy the good rifles and are gonna hold a close angle, you should buy a Tec-9/5-7 and have even more money left over, along with one hit headshots. But you're hosed at mid range, whereas an UMP gives you a good fighting chance.

dex_sda fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Aug 12, 2015

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

What's the fastest smoke to double doors on long a dust 2 these days?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Goofballs posted:

Jumpsmoke from beside the boxes on elevator. Can't really search at work. I've never seen anybody use it. Pretty much the only smoke to go in long doors before a rush though.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I'll look for it and at least I'll be using it. It always baffles me when people don't buy smokes on ct side or buy them and don't make the obvious best use of them.

BIG NORTH
Jul 7, 2007

I THOUGHT YOU WERE THE DEAN

Goofballs posted:

I run/throw it at the right wall corner beside car, high up, and it banks and opens in front of the barrels. Usually opens the same time as a t rushes out and helps you split the angle imo

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I used to try to do that one off the car wall a bit but I never got it consistently the way I wanted, like it would leave a gap or be slightly too close so someone could hide behind big blue without me knowing

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Goofballs posted:

I get stuck in car door and throw at left bottom corner of sun, falls inside door. Search form ScreaM Dust 2 tips video, he shows that.

Also, IMO, UMP is fine to hold long once you get used to it.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

kalstrams posted:

I get stuck in car door and throw at left bottom corner of sun, falls inside door. Search form ScreaM Dust 2 tips video, he shows that.

Does it pop before Ts can run out?

I've just been trying to pop flash around the corner by bouncing it off of the balcony roof at that corner, but it seems like it only ever partially blinds the Ts.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
As you're running up, chuck the flash at the floor just before the corner so it bounces out and into their vision. Flick your back to it before it goes off and then come out. They'll be staring right at it as it goes off as its where a CT would stand.
As your practice it, you can fairly reliably time it so its only out in the open for a split second before it goes off, so most players dont have a chance to react and flick away.

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Aug 12, 2015

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

kalstrams posted:

Also, IMO, UMP is fine to hold long once you get used to it.

If you're going to that one you might as well throw the one that lands right on the barrel, its a really nice one-way smoke that allows a team mate (awper hopfully) to crouch peek around the corner saftly and get loads of free kills.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Does it pop before Ts can run out?

I've just been trying to pop flash around the corner by bouncing it off of the balcony roof at that corner, but it seems like it only ever partially blinds the Ts.

if you dont throw that right it can pop in the balcony thing. throw it close to the corner to garentee a flash or back turned.

Ahdinko posted:

As you're running up, chuck the flash at the floor just before the corner so it bounces out and into their vision. Flick your back to it before it goes off and then come out. They'll be staring right at it as it goes off as its where a CT would stand.
As your practice it, you can fairly reliably time it so its only out in the open for a split second before it goes off, so most players dont have a chance to react and flick away.

Wouldn't recommend that for soloq.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

bpower posted:

Wouldn't recommend that for soloq.

People still solo queue?

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

I'm half tempted to level up my alt and play a few games with some of these nova guys. I wouldn't be a carry as much as I would just let you know things that you could change to help yourselves level out of nova. My only question is, have actually played in goonmans recently?

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
E: it's gone

Tetramin fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Aug 12, 2015

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Ahdinko posted:

People still solo queue?

Some of us deserve soloq.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

bpower posted:

If you're going to that one you might as well throw the one that lands right on the barrel, its a really nice one-way smoke that allows a team mate (awper hopfully) to crouch peek around the corner saftly and get loads of free kills.
Is barrel smoke better than one that goes off inside the box, if I have 2nd guy who runs straight to corner?

To previous question about timing, it isn't entirely rush-proof, but more often than not it works well.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

My spear never misses its mark...

ladies

Kazinsal posted:

I'm stuck at nova master. Steam name is same as here. Maybe I'll finally escape it (and still be permanently bad).

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

Free 1 month of ESEA here, I don't want to manually select somebody to give it to, so uhh 'be good' or whatever

0E95A3944FCB752B8B18AD2FADA2B75E

Already been used

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

kalstrams posted:

Is barrel smoke better than one that goes off inside the box, if I have 2nd guy who runs straight to corner?

To previous question about timing, it isn't entirely rush-proof, but more often than not it works well.

All things been equal its better.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

bpower posted:

All things been equal its better.
Could you elaborate as to why?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

If there's a Nova group forming, I'm stuck at MG1 and I'd love to not solo queue anymore. Hit me up, /id/EXcellenTTT

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

BIG NORTH posted:

Cut FNS from CLG and put Hiko there. You have someone who can actually frag and someone who can do secondary calls. Also he isn't a shitter like FNS so there's that bonus

FNS is the igl so if you kick him they have no igl.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.
If you want a team that should kick their igl for Hiko it's obviously Liquid but they're kicking flowsick instead. Though I guess they should kick him anyway but Adren is the bigger problem and they'll never have an internationally competitive team while he's on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

Finally got my bird on a tie game in which I bottom fragged. Go figure.

W/e Still celebrating

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WssBnaNOMTc

• Locked thread