Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
wtf do I do about the monsters that frenzy me when I look at them? They have a lot of health.

Booting up demons souls and jumping to 5-2 seems like a good way to never want to play it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

wtf do I do about the monsters that frenzy me when I look at them? They have a lot of health.

Booting up demons souls and jumping to 5-2 seems like a good way to never want to play it again.

It's also with a char that went straight from 1-1 to 5-1 to try and rush BBS. :grin:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Holy poo poo backstabs are so easy in this game

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

in two playthroughs i've killed like one of them, i just avoid them.

the best way to do that is to make sure you have relatively low insight (insight makes you frenzy faster), have frenzy resist gear, and memorize where they are. frenzy takes of like 95% of your total max life, so if you get frenzied at less than full health you'll die. make sure you're at full health when your frenzy meter is up, and pop sedatives to prolong it.

that's the coward's way, but hey, it works.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also if you use the blue potion and walk slowly they'll never see you

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The crescent falchion killed the tower knight in 4 hits. Lol.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Oh I thought it just always killed you, good to know about full health. Glad I don't have to farm sedatives or something.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I pussied out and went to 4-1 to pick up the HP regen and killed tower knight for some souls.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
the most epic dragon fight ive had... when i lined up my sights with the bow and then cast soul arrow 600 times to kill the blue dragon

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Oh I thought it just always killed you, good to know about full health. Glad I don't have to farm sedatives or something.

I mean you might. Or hit up grandma for her pills

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

THE PENETRATOR posted:

the most epic dragon fight ive had... when i lined up my sights with the bow and then cast soul arrow 600 times to kill the blue dragon

The time i spent two hours shooting 1 billion arrows at a rate of one per 20 seconds when i killed the red dragon in 1-2.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

In Training posted:

The time i spent two hours shooting 1 billion arrows at a rate of one per 20 seconds when i killed the red dragon in 1-2.

I did that and it was bad

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

you should really have sedatives for them

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I finally unlocked the 5-2 shortcut. That was tense as hell

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The poison swamp bugs are probably the worst souls enemy, considering their hitbox is like twice their size and their animations are really janky. This char will be loving awesome since I'm doing the worst part of DeS first and underprepared, so the rest will be pure win.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

The poison swamp bugs are probably the worst souls enemy, considering their hitbox is like twice their size and their animations are really janky. This char will be loving awesome since I'm doing the worst part of DeS first and underprepared, so the rest will be pure win.

poison swamp bugs? you mean the jellyfish things?

i remember the giant depraved ones having some real questionable hitboxes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

poison swamp bugs? you mean the jellyfish things?

i remember the giant depraved ones having some real questionable hitboxes

The big flying mosquitoes. They brought them back in DkS for some inexplicable reason and they somewhat better but still bad.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I am out of grass and will have to grind healing items so I will have to pause for the night...I'm so close to the BBS...

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

bbs?

also in NG+ of dark souls 2 first sin, for the lost key there are three giants instead of 2 lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Blue blood sword, the only weapon in any souls game that I know of that has damage scaling based on Luck

Dec 26, 2012

mostly because the other ones got rid of luck

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's basically like having a weapon damage scale to item find, which is cool

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

if you get all your stats up it's flat out the best weapon too, except for the ultra sword with maxed character tendency i think

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I seriously overrated 5-3 in my tier list...it seems like a cool fight in retrospect but its insanely boring in practice.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oopu3yDlp30

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
drat that game is loving ugly

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

In Training posted:

Also if you use the blue potion and walk slowly they'll never see you

!!!!!!! holy poo poo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

to be fair, dark souls 1 is the ugliest game of the three

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Bobnumerotres posted:

to be fair, dark souls 1 is the ugliest game of the three

how dare you

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Seriously - there are four games, sheesh, it's the ugliest game of the four.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

demon souls, fidelity-wise was made on the cheap and they did their drat loving best to work with what they had to create stunning environments, even with lovely graphics

dark souls 1 just kind of looked like a mess, and dark souls 2 had a way bigger budget. bloodborne of course is gorgeous

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Aug 12, 2015

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

dark souls 1 is beautiful. eat my rear end

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wonder what the budget of demons was.

Zodar
May 21, 2007

Dark Souls 1 has really good map modeling and shadows, even if they're mostly "baked" (fixed, as opposed to dynamic lighting). It's good at disguising its repeating textures and giving every area a unique color scheme. DS2 feels really washed-out in comparison, like some of the areas don't have any lighting at all and 75% of the game is cool browns and greys. I hear they fixed that in SOTFS tho

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's funny when stuff slips through the cracks with the lighting models and you will walk through a door and suddenly be in a different color scheme even though theses no discernible light source.

Zodar
May 21, 2007

In Training posted:

It's funny when stuff slips through the cracks with the lighting models and you will walk through a door and suddenly be in a different color scheme even though theses no discernible light source.

The transition into blightown is my favorite. You walk through a little gate, or too far down a tunnel, and suddenly everything turns dark green, like someone flipped on a blacklight

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Zodar posted:

The transition into blightown is my favorite. You walk through a little gate, or too far down a tunnel, and suddenly everything turns dark green, like someone flipped on a blacklight

i liked walking back and forth through that gate

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

that was super janky in ds1 but nothing will beat the elevator into the empty sky in ds2 that somehow takes you into a sunken lava castle.

ds1 had hidden loading segments when transitioning between areas but it was way more subtle and if you didnt actually use some mapping program to see everything, you were fooled. with ds2 they just went "gently caress it"

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Aug 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That elevator made Games posters have mental breakdowns.