Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Ummmm source Huck?

The battleground state of Arkansas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Ummmm source Huck?

I thought the Clinton Machine got turned over to DoJ

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Noted democrat stronghold, North Carolina

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015

Mirthless posted:

Noted democrat stronghold, North Carolina

Obama won it in 2008, I'd say it stands a decent chance of being competitive.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Obliterati posted:

I guess this makes the question what would sink Trump?
Lack of attention.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Kylra posted:

Lack of attention.

Yeah he requires a constant media frenzy in order to stay on top. If the frenzy stops then he's just an idiot with bad hair who isn't really that in tune with Republican orthodoxy.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Mirthless posted:

:stare: what the gently caress? The tone of that page is really hosed up

its mark ames so its complete bullshit

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

its mark ames so its complete bullshit

"Authors: Mark Ames and Matt Taibbi"

Either Taibbi thought that passage was fine or he's such a poo poo author that he didn't bother reading it.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

You won't see a single other candidate in the race with this kind of capacity to reach out to millenials.

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015
The book is non-fiction.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Pinterest Mom posted:

You won't see a single other candidate in the race with this kind of capacity to reach out to millenials.

It astounds me that, no matter how much money they pay supposedly in-tune tech advertisers, people still don't realize lobbing a softball over the plate like this at the internet is only going to end badly.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Pinterest Mom posted:

😱🍆🍒

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Cantorsdust posted:

😱🍆🍒

👇🏼👴🏻🇺🇸

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Pinterest Mom posted:

What three emojis best signify that I'm pretty okay with it because I don't have any?

Can't find :smug: or fygm on my phone.

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

Dalael posted:

I think you need to sit down and stop watching political stuff for a while. Clearly your brain is melting. Or watch his first few speeches again to remind yourself how utterly bad he is.

The fumes of his yooge and luxurious campaign are impairing my judgment.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Kalman posted:

"Authors: Mark Ames and Matt Taibbi"

Either Taibbi thought that passage was fine or he's such a poo poo author that he didn't bother reading it.

ive read the book. it is divided into chapters written by each author individually. matt's chapters are really good. marks are intentionally edgy and deranged drug fueled fiction

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
HIllary Clinton coming out hard against cyber-bullying

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/631501631633252352g

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Pinterest Mom posted:

what a dumbo

also I get paid to go to school, thanks GI Bill

Recycle Bin
Feb 7, 2001

I'd rather be a pig than a fascist

Pinterest Mom posted:

It's smart, insofar as it allows for potentially clever responses that might (miiiiiight) go viral, but it also is so restrictive in nature that it would be hard to turn it in to a "poo poo on Hillary" meme. It's a lot safer than "share your ACA horror stories", anyway.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

blue squares posted:

what a dumbo

ahahahha and people are responding seriously

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Hadaka Apron posted:

The book is non-fiction.

idk what to say other than read the book or anything the exile published. claiming its non-fiction is just part of the intentional ridiculousness of it all. i have no doubt mark is a scumbag but taking any claims about himself seriously is a mistake.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Mirthless posted:

:stare: what the gently caress? The tone of that page is really hosed up

The Exile (er, excuse me, the eXile) was a product of its time: a couple of coked up shitlords writing a paper for their friends who were in 1990s-era Moscow looting the hell out of it. On any random page you'd see reviews of Russian prostitutes or Limonov ranting about how he needs to be put in charge so he can kill everyone he dislikes. Both of these things could be "ironic lies" or 100% truth and I doubt either Ames or Taibbi knew the difference.

Then Yeltsin was replaced by Putin and Moscow wasn't a fratboy gangster paradise any more, and the eXile was promptly shut down. Taibbi moved on and somewhat grew up, Ames didn't.

http://exiledonline.com/the-exile-archive-page/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_eXile

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Pinterest Mom posted:

Some people should answer with emoji's found on this site. :commissar: :fuckoff: and a few others come to mind.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

I dont expect everything to be prefect, but don't make me cringe. How hard can that be?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
This is what American political discourse has become.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

AssassinPrincess posted:

I'm starting to unironically like Trump and it's really, really upsetting. I need to go breathe into a paper bag, possibly for the rest of this year.

quote:

Trump doesn't directly say he thinks the men are actually guilty of the crime they were wrongfully convicted of, but he does say, "These young men do not exactly have the pasts of angels."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/21/donald-trump-central-park-5_n_5517784.html

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Pinterest Mom posted:

💣🏦🇻🇳

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Recycle Bin posted:

It's smart, insofar as it allows for potentially clever responses that might (miiiiiight) go viral, but it also is so restrictive in nature that it would be hard to turn it in to a "poo poo on Hillary" meme. It's a lot safer than "share your ACA horror stories", anyway.

:shillary: believes 3 emoji are enough to accurately represent your feelings on a complicated issue affecting millions of people every year. Because listening to actual people requires :effort:.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

The shillary emote is the best because it's like the calling card of a bad poster.

Vote Bernie Sanders 2016

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

AssassinPrincess posted:

I'm starting to unironically like Trump and it's really, really upsetting. I need to go breathe into a paper bag, possibly for the rest of this year.

just think of it this way

he's surrounded by such scum and disgusting people that it makes him look like a saint by comparison. hth

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

:shillary: :shepspends::shepicide:

hows that for you hillary

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Joementum posted:

A supporter gave this to Ted Cruz yesterday :ughh:

You see this guy... This is the guy who is going to pick up the majority of Trump's numbers once he flames out. UGH.....

The fact that Ted Cruz' base are mostly made up of birthers is one of the greatest ironies and absolute brain fucks of the 21st century.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

Montasque posted:

You see this guy... This is the guy who is going to pick up the majority of Trump's numbers once he flames out. UGH.....

The fact that Ted Cruz' base are mostly made up of birthers is one of the greatest ironies and absolute brain fucks of the 21st century.

It makes more sense if you keep in mind they're completely bonkers (and racist)

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

DaveWoo posted:

Trump vs. Fiorina on Planned Parenthood:

You know things are hosed up when Donald Trump is the more reasonable, moderate person in the conversation.

It's really hilarious. He's embracing the smokescreen (ABORTION!!!!!) and casting aside the actual reason they want to defund PP (effective low cost womens' health service funded by the government).

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
"I am the most militaristic person you'll ever meet."

-Trump

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

ErIog posted:

I don't even think it will. The spite-fueled "gently caress you" and pro-business wings are often at odds with the religious wing. It's not even the "gently caress you got mine" vote. These are voters who don't even care about getting theirs as long as people get what they perceive as justice by being hosed over.

Trump isn't supported by pro-business establishment members. You can tell because he's advocating things that might actually help business in the long-term.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Neurolimal posted:

It's really hilarious. He's embracing the smokescreen (ABORTION!!!!!) and casting aside the actual reason they want to defund PP (effective low cost womens' health service funded by the government).
I'm sure he can come up with a good defense of this in the next debate too.

"I'm all for an investigation of Planned Parenthood's abortion practices. 100%. I don't think we should be giving them money to do abortions. I don't think we do, but if we do I don't think we should. That said they do other things besides abortions, and until another reasonable alternative can be found to provide women's health services, I don't think they can be defunded."

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Trump is an actual true fascist.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Lastgirl posted:

just think of it this way

he's surrounded by such scum and disgusting people that it makes him look like a saint by comparison. hth

I mean honestly, he's the least morally terrifying of all the candidates. And his Christianity seems a lot closer to mainstream middle America Christianity than the warped fundamentalism that has taken hold of seemingly all of the serious candidates. For example, I don't think Trump believes the End Times are imminent like at least half the rest of the field probably does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

Montasque posted:

Trump is an actual true fascist.

mr. mephistopheles posted:

I mean honestly, he's the least morally terrifying of all the candidates.

Sadly these are both accurate.

• Locked thread