Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Pinterest Mom posted:

You won't see a single other candidate in the race with this kind of capacity to reach out to millenials.

✈ 🏢🏢

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I thought Donald Trump running for president was a joke until last night my friend said her family was voting for him and I was so done. If he became president America would be dead. So at 3 in the morning my other friend and I lectured her about why trump would kill us all because he's a racist and sexist bastard

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I have been watching that vine of donald trump going beep boop boop all loving day and i want to call out of work to just sit here and watch it

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Abner Cadaver II posted:

Sadly these are both accurate.
The only alternatives are hyper-militaristic theocracy (any of the especially religious candidates) or an utter kleptocracy with no social safety net (any of the establishment candidates) so... huh.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Neurolimal posted:

Trump isn't supported by pro-business establishment members. You can tell because he's advocating things that might actually help business in the long-term.

At no point was I speaking about members of the GOP in elected office. I was talking about the pro-business part of the GOP base whose entirety of thinking on Trump is "we need to run government like a business!" and "Trump is a rich successful businessman!"

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

AfroLine posted:

I thought Donald Trump running for president was a joke until last night my friend said her family was voting for him and I was so done. If he became president America would be dead. So at 3 in the morning my other friend and I lectured her about why trump would kill us all because he's a racist and sexist bastard

AfroLine posted:

I have been watching that vine of donald trump going beep boop boop all loving day and i want to call out of work to just sit here and watch it

Still not even in the bottom 50% of looney republican candidates. poo poo I think he's in top 3 for would be ok with for people, sad as that sounds.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
New Iowa poll just released:

quote:

Washington (CNN)—Donald Trump has a significant lead in the race to win over likely Iowa caucus-goers, according to the first CNN/ORC poll in the state this cycle.

Trump tops the field with 22% and is the candidate seen as best able to handle top issues including the economy, illegal immigration and terrorism. He's most cited as the one with the best chance of winning the general election, and, by a wide margin, as the candidate most likely to change the way things work in Washington.

Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson follows Trump in overall preference with 14%, bumping Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, who had held the top spot in most recent public polling in Iowa, down to third place with 9%. Walker is nearly even with a slew of other candidates.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

OAquinas posted:

✈ 🏢🏢

:patriot:

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005
People understand on an instinctual level that most pols are crooked and self serving.

Trump just cuts through the bullshit and owns it

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

AfroLine posted:

Please share.

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005
THE ONLY THING BETTER THAN THE SEAHAWKS IS RUSSELL WILSON'S TAINT SWEAT

Seahawks #1 fan since 2014.

Later on it says 66% still haven't decided who they'd vote for which is rather burying the lede in the poll

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

GalacticAcid posted:

"I am the most militaristic person you'll ever meet."

-Trump

My favorite Trump quote, from right at the very start of his campaign, was when he was asked about ability to lead the military.

"I'm the biggest and the best at the military." - Donald Trump

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Given the choice between fascist, kleptocrat, and theocrat, I guess the fascist is probably gonna at least get the trains run on time, and not destroy the rails because they do abortions at the local clinic, or try to make a nickel for every dollar spent tearing them up while poor people go without trains

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Speaking of Mark Ames, he wrote a good history of Roger Stone, ex(?)-Trump campaign associate. Check it out if you enjoy reading about horrible, Libertarian, Nixon cronies.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Ummmm source Huck?

reminds me of someone else that got their rear end beat:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Miltank posted:

HIllary Clinton coming out hard against cyber-bullying

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/631501631633252352

So is she going to stop cyber-bullying Jeb!?

(I hope not.)

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Montasque posted:

Trump is an actual true fascist.

Yeah, proper old style fascist, none of this half assed evangelical weren't-the-fifties-great bullshit. Trumps gonna give us bread, circuses and the yooogest most luxurious TEN BILLION year American Empire you could every imagine. Every city will be rebuilt from the ground up, no man will want for work, no woman for healthcare, no child for education. Our food will be picked by the most chaste Mexicans we can source. Al Sharpton will condemn political correctness and, by the power bestowed upon him by the Blacks, will grant White permission to say 'friend of the family' in public.

Trump 2016.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Montasque posted:

Trump is an actual true fascist.

You know who else was an actual true fascist....

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

Joementum posted:

You know who else was an actual true fascist....

OBAMA

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Please for the love of God, have someone eek out a win over trump. Then the third party run will come true.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Is this what it felt like to live in Germany during the Depression? Where people were saying "you know, compared to the assholes in power, this guy Hitler has some good ideas"?

Bob Ojeda
Apr 15, 2008

I AM A WHINY LITTLE EMOTIONAL BITCH BABY WITH NO SENSE OF HUMOR

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING REMIND ME TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

JT Jag posted:

Is this what it felt like to live in Germany during the Depression?

No.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Please for the love of God, have someone eek out a win over trump. Then the third party run will come true.

You know who else wanted a Third Alternative....

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

JT Jag posted:

Is this what it felt like to live in Germany during the Depression? Where people were saying "you know, compared to the assholes in power, this guy Hitler has some good ideas"?

Nah man, like, I haven't had my window smashed in for being a Jew while my mother was out buying food with her wheelbarrow of money that will buy maybe some bread and canned poo poo if we're lucky. I think we're ok.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

JT Jag posted:

Can you afford to buy a loaf of bread?

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

JT Jag posted:

Not quite?

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Jimmy Carter is dying :(

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

CuteJen96 posted:

He has liver cancer - the outlook isn't good but it's not like it's a 100% certain death sentence.

still :smith:

MrWillsauce
Mar 19, 2015

CuteJen96 posted:

for some peanuts? :ohdear:

Caros
May 14, 2008

CuteJen96 posted:

:(

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Abner Cadaver II posted:

He has liver cancer - the outlook isn't good but it's not like it's a 100% certain death sentence.

still :smith:

Metastasized liver cancer. He's done. :smith:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

AceRimmer posted:

Not quite?

Minor quibble: That's the Hyperinflation Crisis, not the Great Depression.

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Minor quibble: That's the Hyperinflation Crisis, not the Great Depression.
Yeah, sorry I couldn't find any good graphs for that, and it did set the stage for :godwinning: 1.0. :(

edit: Here's a graph:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Donald Trump will not be introducing Def Leppard at the Iowa State Fair.

According to the band's guitarist, Vivian Campbell, it is because they don't want to get involved in politics.

According to Donald Trump, the introduction was cancelled, due to security concerns related to El Chapo.

Who is telling the truth? :iiam:

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

According to the band's guitarist, Vivian Campbell, it is because they don't want to get involved in politics.

According to Donald Trump, the introduction was cancelled, due to security concerns related to El Chapo.

El Chapo wanted Night Ranger at the Iowa State Fair instead.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

You won't see a single other candidate in the race with this kind of capacity to reach out to millenials.

✈️🏢💥

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

fosborb posted:

Trump, after even only 4 years of Presidential aging, would have the hair of the Crypt Keeper.

Trump, after even only 4 years of Presidential aging, would have the hair of the Crypt Keeper Bernie Sanders.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Joementum posted:

If it has to do with someone else, the answer is Trump. If it has to do with himself, the answer is most usually not Trump. This particular case involves both himself and someone else, so I'm going to say I don't know what the gently caress.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
trump will remove the mask and reveal himself to be bernie sanders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
then bernie sanders will remove his mask and reveal himself as

bernie sanders

• Locked thread