Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Baal posted:

Okay, okay, okay... he's the WickedHate of the thread.

I'm dissapoined you didn't permaban her beef Baal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So is the female protagonist path that much different than the male path in persona 3?

Because if it is I may have to give Persona 3 FES a whirl while playing as the guy.

I will soon be out of personas to play I fear.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
The female protagonist has generally more positive dialogue choices, better social links, and can change like one plot event. Other than that, it's about the same.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

If I'm remembering right, there's a couple scene changes as well. I think you go to the Amagi Inn as the girl but not the guy.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

If I'm remembering right, there's a couple scene changes as well. I think you go to the Amagi Inn as the girl but not the guy.

The feMC sports trip is a trip to Yasoinaba to play against their volleyball/tennis clubs, and you get young Yukiko meeting you at the school to take you back to the Amagi Inn. It's cute.

Mostly, feMC just gets better SLs and isn't a horrible depressed loner enabler.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Baal posted:

Ouch

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Baal posted:

Jesus, that's a little harsh.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I propose that I am the alcharagia of this thread and that littleorv is the littleorv of this thread so we don't have to be bound by labels or comparisons to WickedHate

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

im the trunks of this thread

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

but im the trunks that cell killed offscreen

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I'll get even with Baal. Someday...

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I'm Cousin Itt.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

The final boss of Persona 1 seems pretty hard at first, but after getting everyone's ultimate Persona, you can pretty much negate it entirely. The MC's Persona has an attack that only does damage to the final boss (and does a lot of damage,) and Nanjo gets makarakarn, which makes a lot of Pandora's attacks worthless.

I will probably explore the final floors of mikage ruins and maybe try the snow queen quest because I legitimately enjoy this game now.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Are there any versions of Persona 4's soundtrack with vocals flying around?

PeaceDiner
Mar 24, 2013

Normie Slayer posted:

The final boss of Persona 1 seems pretty hard at first, but after getting everyone's ultimate Persona, you can pretty much negate it entirely. The MC's Persona has an attack that only does damage to the final boss (and does a lot of damage,) and Nanjo gets makarakarn, which makes a lot of Pandora's attacks worthless.

I will probably explore the final floors of mikage ruins and maybe try the snow queen quest because I legitimately enjoy this game now.

This post makes me so happy.

Also if you haven't already, get the soundtrack for the original PS1 version. While I do enjoy many songs on the PSP remake, there's a lot more awesome music on the PS1 version.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Normie Slayer posted:

Snow Queen quest has some even more dickish dungeon design. Having said that, once you get over the clunkiness of the battle mechanics and grasp the dungeon design, Persona 1 probably is more fun than the Persona 2 games. At the very least combat is more involved than using your best fusion spells constantly.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Lizard Wizard posted:

Are there any versions of Persona 4's soundtrack with vocals flying around?

What are you looking for? If you want vocals on the songs, just go grab any soundtrack. All of the songs that have vocals in-game have vocals on the soundtracks too.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGmo8_33sEw

I am ready to dance all night with everyone's friend Miku.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I have a question about Dancing All Night. If I don't get the Disco Fever premium edition because I don't care about all the physical gimmicks, am I still able to buy all the DLC costumes/songs later or are any of them exclusive to Disco Fever?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
you'll more than likely be able to buy the costumes when they go up on the store yeah

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Baal posted:

you'll more than likely be able to buy the costumes when they go up on the store yeah

That's good. I'd hate to get locked out of say the retro costumes because I didn't want to pay $40 for a Vita bag and a keychain.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Fooley posted:

it looks cool and the song is pretty nice too.
can't wait for the miku persona in persona 5.

also she's already rocking moves that make rise look like a chump idol.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

projecthalaxy posted:

That's good. I'd hate to get locked out of say the retro costumes because I didn't want to pay $40 for a Vita bag and a keychain.

There's also a 2 disk soundtrack that isn't just a sampler. There's full cuts to some Persona 4 Golden songs like the battle theme.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Fooley posted:

So how bad is everyone gonna poo poo themselves when they bring this trailer out in English?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I feel like most of the people that were ever gonna buy the game already know

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Does Miku even have an English voice actress? I've read there's some kind of primitive English version of her vocaloid software but I don't know if they have an actual human being to fall back on like they did in Japan.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Light Gun Man posted:

So how bad is everyone gonna poo poo themselves when they bring this trailer out in English?

Is she even going to have an English voice actress?

Also drat it, Atlus, why can't I preorder the Disco Fever edition yet? It still doesn't have a price in Europe.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Policenaut posted:

Does Miku even have an English voice actress? I've read there's some kind of primitive English version of her vocaloid software but I don't know if they have an actual human being to fall back on like they did in Japan.

It's me, I am Miku's english voice actress

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
That's basically my point, if they try and make her English, what exactly are they doing?

I guess they could have her sing in katakana or something maybe.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Volt Catfish posted:

It's me, I am Miku's english voice actress

Hello, Miku.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Is she even going to have an English voice actress?

Siri.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Policenaut posted:

She doesn't need one because this is the one song she has in the game and it's a song sung in English.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Policenaut posted:

Hello, Miku.

🅻🅴🆃 🅸🆃 🅲🅻🅾🆅🅴🆁 🅲🅻🆄🅱 🆃🅷🅴 🅱🅴🅰🆄🆃🅸🅵🆄🅻 🅻🅾🆅🅴

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I will not have my Miku's angelic voice be butchered by culture-less American gaijins.

:haw:

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Umm sorry to uhh... derail this chat, but Record Breaker is 28.99 with a coupon. It expires tomorrow tho so yeah here's the link

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

FauxGateau posted:

Umm sorry to uhh... derail this chat, but Record Breaker is 28.99 with a coupon. It expires tomorrow tho so yeah here's the link

Says code can't apply for me so idk if it is actually working still

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MotU posted:

Says code can't apply for me so idk if it is actually working still

My bad dude I'll check it when I get home.

Edit: Code didn't work for me either. I yelled at them about it. Sorry for getting your hopes up.

TexMexFoodbaby fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Aug 13, 2015

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I found a lot of the DAN song remixes disappointing so I'm excited for Miku to remake every persona song.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I'm playing persona 4 (ps2 version) - is there any key stuff I should know? I'm using all my self-discipline to not look at a guide and just play. I skipped the first dungeon for a few days to do social stuff, but I think it's time to go in - I'm scared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
There's a novel's worth of unnecessary words on beforeiplay about P4.