Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

SybilVimes posted:

Yes, 'the internet'...

Wrong thread. This is STDH, not Badass/Awesome Pictures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
I think the signature gives that one away as being a joke.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
Why do people persist in that poo poo? Since when has a company (1) used humour in their replies to customers or (2) quoted the sender verbatim?

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Weatherman posted:

Why do people persist in that poo poo? Since when has a company (1) used humour in their replies to customers or (2) quoted the sender verbatim?

The worst is it's never actually funny, either.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Weatherman posted:

I love when people post these trying to claim they're letters they personally received and the spelling and grammatical errors across both their posts and the letters are consistent :laugh:

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Cicadalek posted:

I think the signature gives that one away as being a joke.

every stupid drooling word gives it away as a joke

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

Cool envelope that has never been sealed.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

goddamn..

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

every stupid drooling word gives it away as a joke

Yeah but I doubt the author intended it to be taken seriously, unlike most of the stuff in this thread.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Cicadalek posted:

Yeah but I doubt the author intended it to be taken seriously, unlike most of the stuff in this thread.

i feel a near-physical pain at the effort someone went to to make this incredibly unfunny "joke" or fake letter whichever it may be

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

I never thought I could feel so much loathing toward parents who had a miscarriage.

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

The lady will have the chopped salad, I will do the ribs, and have you seen our YouTube miscarriage video?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

stuxracer posted:

The lady will have the chopped salad, I will do the ribs, and have you seen our YouTube miscarriage video?

The most annoying part is that miscarriages happen all the time; it is impossible that you don't know a woman who has had a miscarriage

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 3 years!)

Yo, I just started reading this thread. Can someone give me a cliff's notes of the miscarriage couple

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

ElGroucho posted:

The most annoying part is that miscarriages happen all the time; it is impossible that you don't know a woman who has had a miscarriage

That doesn't make it any less sucky for them. I'm just baffled by the way they've handled everything! I get that everyone grieves in different ways but this just seems so sleazy and opportunistic.

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

CuteJen96 posted:

Yo, I just started reading this thread. Can someone give me a cliff's notes of the miscarriage couple

http://getoffmyinternets.net/sam-and-nia-are-thrilled-to-go-viral-with-alleged-48-hour-pregnancy/

I'm sorry. But I think it's bullshit attention whoring.

Lol that the husband quit his job at 11m views on the baby announcement video.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Nice selfie next to the urine-filled toilet. Ew.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

CuteJen96 posted:

Couple makes a fake syrupy video whereby the husband surprises his wife with a positive pregnancy test (taken from urine left in a toilet overnight).

Video goes viral.

Couple realise the lie is getting too big, fake a miscarriage.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

ElGroucho posted:

Somehow I first read this as "it is impossible you don't know a woman has had a miscarriage" like it's so obvious when you look at any woman whether or not she's had one.

PUGGERNAUT posted:

That doesn't make it any less sucky for them. I'm just baffled by the way they've handled everything! I get that everyone grieves in different ways but this just seems so sleazy and opportunistic.

I took ElGroucho's comment to mean that when you think of all the women who have miscarried and suffered emotional pain for it, how extra lovely this stupid publicity stunt would seem from their point of view.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

sweeperbravo posted:

I took ElGroucho's comment to mean that when you think of all the women who have miscarried and suffered emotional pain for it, how extra lovely this stupid publicity stunt would seem from their point of view.

That's what I'm trying to say. When it happens, you go "whelp" and try again. You'll be pretty lucky if it doesn't happen to you at least once while trying to get preggers. Making a social media event out of it is a shitbag move, especially for all the women who get to 8 months in and have complications that result in miscarriage.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

There's a reason that most people don't announce their pregnancies until after the first trimester.

Telemaze
Apr 22, 2008

What you expected hasn't happened.
Fun Shoe

ElGroucho posted:

That's what I'm trying to say. When it happens, you go "whelp" and try again.

ElGroucho, expert on how women feel about having miscarriages.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
A miscarriage is definitely not a joke, and I have no intention of making light of it. And it can be a tough and emotional thing for couples to go through, speaking from personal experience. And I know that it's often much harder on the woman than on the man. However, I also know that it doesn't necessarily turn you into a sad, depressed sack of tears for the rest of your life. People can move past it, and heal.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

ElGroucho posted:

That's what I'm trying to say. When it happens, you go "whelp" and try again. You'll be pretty lucky if it doesn't happen to you at least once while trying to get preggers. Making a social media event out of it is a shitbag move, especially for all the women who get to 8 months in and have complications that result in miscarriage.

I know someone who had like, 10 consecutive miscarriages with no successful pregnancy. Being "a woman who had a lot of miscarriages" became such a part of her identity, it got really weird. She'd share facebook things about how moms who had miscarriages are the best and smartest kind of moms, and all you other moms don't understand, blah blah blah.

She adopted two toddlers, and it's now a 5:1 ratio on social media of sharing something miscarriage related vs. sharing photos of or experiences with her adopted kids. :psyduck:

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Paladinus posted:

A miscarriage is definitely not a joke, and I have no intention of making light of it. And it can be a tough and emotional thing for couples to go through, speaking from personal experience. And I know that it's often much harder on the woman than on the man. However, I also know that it doesn't necessarily turn you into a sad, depressed sack of tears for the rest of your life. People can move past it, and heal.

Goddamn.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

canyoneer posted:

I know someone who had like, 10 consecutive miscarriages with no successful pregnancy. Being "a woman who had a lot of miscarriages" became such a part of her identity, it got really weird. She'd share facebook things about how moms who had miscarriages are the best and smartest kind of moms, and all you other moms don't understand, blah blah blah.

She adopted two toddlers, and it's now a 5:1 ratio on social media of sharing something miscarriage related vs. sharing photos of or experiences with her adopted kids. :psyduck:

Poison wombs, man

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Telemaze posted:

ElGroucho, expert on how women feel about having miscarriages.

Some of us are married, you manchild

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
We are getting away from the main point of that lovely couple

1. That poo poo did not happen

2. People who's main product is social media output are grade A garbage

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
I don't think anyone has brought this up but the attention being paid towards miscarriages in the last month is likely due to Mark Zuckerberg's open letter/article/editorial or whatever that shared his family's struggle. It was obviously long after they had gone through the process but he wanted to shed some light, in part to remind couples that they weren't alone and also to remind men that they are allowed and should feel something from the loss.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

ElGroucho posted:

Some of us are married, you manchild

Telemaze's Profile posted:

There have been 580 posts made by Telemaze, an average of 0.22 posts per day, since registering on Apr 21, 2008. Telemaze claims to be a female.

lol

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

nobody on this forums has genitals

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

ElGroucho posted:

nobody on this forums has genitals

Or at least any that get used.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
I take it all back

Testing your partner's piss in the toilet for pregnancy and then posting the fake results to the internet is good and proper

Then posting the miscarriage news as a transparent ploy to backtrack, simultaneously garnering the easily influenced pro-life crowd is even better

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
Dude I think it was the "When it happens, you go "whelp" and try again," comment that people were taking issue with. That's not actually always the case because to different people a miscarriage represents a different level of disappointment/tragedy. I actually have a friend who has decided to completely stop trying for kids after having a miscarriage because the ordeal was too much for her to want to risk again.

E: that doesn't make what those folks are doing OK however

Rat Patrol has a new favorite as of 22:54 on Aug 12, 2015

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

That miscarriage story tangentially reminds me of something that did happen on TV the other day, it was one of those shows where the husband organises the wedding and the bride sees nothing till the day. For her Hen night he organised her and 20 friends to go to laser tag and told them there'd be a prize for the winning team. It turns out the only people going on the full night out with expenses paid would be the bride and winning team and the rest could go home or pay their way as the groom had spent all the money on a rave. All the losers started crying and the winners comforted them but you could tell they were really thinking "I better still be loving getting expenses paid".

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

The last time I saw a man steal a woman's pee from her toilet, I was watching Law and Order: Special Victims Unit.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I am impressed we lasted that long before a B^U reference. :bravo:

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

It Came from Reddit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?