Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Moose shoulders were my fav.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
DESTROYER all the way. So sleek...

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
If anyone's curious about the silhouetted Adamantite party, there's a clear illustration of them from vol 6 here (SPOILER?). Technically a spoiler, I suppose, but it's from the first page of the book.

Readers have also supposedly guesstimated the adventure ranks' corresponding levels:

Copper: Lv 1~3
Iron: Lv 4~6
Silver: Lv 7~9 (Sword of Darkness)
Gold: Lv 10~12
Platinum: Lv 13~15
Mithril: Lv 16~18
Orihalcon: Lv 19~21
Adamantite: Lv 22~ (ultimate adventurers)

Hero class: Lv 29~ (transcending the limits of humanity)

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

darkgray posted:

If anyone's curious about the silhouetted Adamantite party, there's a clear illustration of them from vol 6 here (SPOILER?). Technically a spoiler, I suppose, but it's from the first page of the book.

I love how Gagaran has boob plate. :v:

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Largepotato posted:

I love how Gagaran has boob plate. :v:

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Fishnet: Nearly the protection of boob plate, at half the cost!

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, in volume 4, they showed the levels of some of the lizardmen chieftans , and they had a level of around 18 on average.

One big thing about humans in this setting is that without a inborn talent, they can only use magic up to rank 3, and with certain magic talents, they can reach the heights of rank 5 magic. Nonhumans can use higher rank magic, however.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

darkgray posted:

Readers have also supposedly guesstimated the adventure ranks' corresponding levels:

Wait so Momonga is still level 80 relative to that list right? If so :laffo:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Razzled posted:

Nope. More like level 100.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Razzled posted:

Unless I'm missing something Momonga is level 100. It says right on his screen before the world flips over in the very first chapter.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
Err yeah sorry whatever the max level was-- I didn't pay too close attention to the actual one

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Mordaedil posted:

Nope. More like level 100.

That's hardly a spoiler.

Wouldn't it be level 100 minus whatever penalty for being a Lich? Why am I so concerned about the rules of a fake DnD anime MMO? :iiam:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Anatharon posted:

That's hardly a spoiler.

Wouldn't it be level 100 minus whatever penalty for being a Lich? Why am I so concerned about the rules of a fake DnD anime MMO? :iiam:
He has 40 racial levels and 60 job levels.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

darkgray posted:

The one on the left, that's a woman isn't it?

An incredibly masculine woman, but the hips and the thighhigh plate gives it away.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
If she were real she would be very sexy, but she is a cartoon

ichibanMuffin
Jun 17, 2004

Disciple of Dr. Goku S. Gohan

Razzled posted:

To put it into perspective, apparently that passive ability that negates all damage from low level monsters, skills, and weapons is for everything below level 60.

The final angel was only barely able to hurt him, being slightly over 60, and he still one shot it.

He can literally walk around naked and not be damaged at all by anything, except for the fact that he fears someone actually being high level in the world.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
If it's like a real MMO all the high level players are probably goofing off somewhere else, anyways.

THE PENETRATOR posted:

Those are fighting words in Vegeta boy.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I would like to date a professional bodybuilder, or, a warrior class

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
So wait if the main guy dies, does he die or respawn or what?

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
He cant die hes a skeleton hes already dead

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Moose shoulders were my fav.

best mmo armor ever

Shoulders are key in high end mmo armor goodness

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

THE PENETRATOR posted:

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
You will find love one day pluto.

FriggenJ
Oct 23, 2000

drilldo squirt posted:

So wait if the main guy dies, does he die or respawn or what?

Minor spoiler that's sorta mentioned but has never come into play and is likely to never. He, at the very least, has one magical item/ring that'll auto resurrect him if he dies. Given the state of their treasury I'd argue it probably isn't unique if the first one gets used up.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Anatharon posted:

That's hardly a spoiler.

If it's literally D&D then technically yes unless it's like Neverwinter Nights 2 which doesn't fix that issue.

In NWN2 you can for example, be a Drow with a LA of +2, and reach the same level cap of 30 like everyone else; making you effectively level 32.

So if Lich still has the +8 (Or was it +4? I think Vampire is +8 and Lich +4) then he's effectively even HIGHER leveled than he actually is.

If this is true it's sorta balanced by the PvP taking off five levels because it should be quite the slog to level up that far.

Because from getting from level 1 to level 2 takes the same XP as getting from level 5 to level 6. With your CR being equal to a level 5 character so level 1 mobs only give a fraction of the xp (but NWN2 didn't do this you got full xp regardless hence part of the problem).

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
For fun here is Ainz known stats in the game

Note: etc just means the rest are not known.

Total Level: 100
Racial Level: Skeleton Mage (15), Elder Lich (10), Overlord (5), etc (10)
Job Level: Necromancer (10), Ruler of Death (10), etc (40)
Stats
HP 60
MP Exceeds Limit
Phy. Atk. 35
Phy. Def. 70
Agility 40
Mag. Atk. 90
Mag. Def. 95
Resistance 95
Special Ability 100

These do not include his items and whatever boosts they give him. For example his belt in his Momon persona gives him a boost to strength. He also knows a ton of spells.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Morrowind was the best game of all time because you could customize individual pauldrons

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

MonsterEnvy posted:

Stats
HP 60
MP Exceeds Limit
Phy. Atk. 35
Phy. Def. 70
Agility 40
Mag. Atk. 90
Mag. Def. 95
Resistance 95
Special Ability 100

These do not include his items and whatever boosts they give him. For example his belt in his Momon persona gives him a boost to strength. He also knows a ton of spells.

drat, those number's are intense.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Stats
HP 60
MP Exceeds Limit
Phy. Atk. 35
Phy. Def. 70
Agility 40
Mag. Atk. 90
Mag. Def. 95
Resistance 95
Special Ability 100

Huh, I forgot Overlord was a race instead of a class.

I think the pauldrons are a racial attribute.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Might as well post the character sheets as they were.

And here is Narberal(Nabe) for comparison's sake.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I really hope that this won't be the last of Overlord when the season ends. I deserves far, far more than one season with Madhouse. How popular is the show currently in Japan? Could US audiences send their support?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Phobophilia posted:

The one on the left, that's a woman isn't it?

An incredibly masculine woman, but the hips and the thighhigh plate gives it away.

Her self-proclaimed nickname is The Lovely Warrior Full of Mystery.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Racial levels aren't the same as d&d. Ains had to actually level his lich class, rather than it being bonuses which count as the equivalent of levels. To bring up the lizardmen again, not all of them had the same number of levels in the lizardman class and I don't think any of them were capped. Also, Narberal only has the bare minimum of racial levels, presumably because it wasn't really necessary for her character concept.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Aug 13, 2015

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I believe she was also one of those lower ranking NPCs where they had to distribute the levels among how many servants they wanted.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Anatharon posted:

If it's like a real MMO all the high level players are probably goofing off somewhere else, anyways.
So he needs to find the equivalent of goldshire inn?

:gonk:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Anatharon posted:

I'd lead like the most boring trapped-in-the-mmo existence ever. I'd relive my drunk raiding days; sign up with some army to vanquish a stupid dragon or some other lame mid-level thing thats terrorizing the area and show up absolutely loving ripped

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Anatharon posted:

Momonga believed that The Great Tomb could not be overtaken. That is until one crafty druid kited a world boss to the front gates.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Momonga believed that The Great Tomb could not be overtaken. That is until one crafty druid kited a world boss to the front gates.

This happened in the Ultima games with Lord British iirc.

e:

Serious Frolicking posted:

Racial levels aren't the same as d&d. Ains had to actually level his lich class, rather than it being bonuses which count as the equivalent of levels. To bring up the lizardmen again, not all of them had the same number of levels in the lizardman class and I don't think any of them were capped. Also, Narberal only has the bare minimum of racial levels, presumably because it wasn't really necessary for her character concept.

To expand, in D&D races with a Level Adjustment can as a compromise with the DM, convert the LA into racial levels where they acquire their racial abilities over a more gradual time frame, and only pick up character class levels once they're done.

For example the Sivak subrace of Draconians in the Dragonlance campaign setting have a normal LA of +8 IIRC, they're large, have wings, a tail, and a full bite/bite/claw/tail attack and can legit fly with a feat. Instead of this LA I had my levels gradually.

I got to start with being large though with a tail, so I had all of one encounter to abuse my +15 reach until the DM quickly realized that he couldn't make balanced encounters with my abusing a glaive so I agreed to give it up.

But all my other abilities I only gradually acquired.

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Aug 13, 2015

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

You'll like the dramaCD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caros
May 14, 2008

Raenir Salazar posted:

This happened in the Ultima games with Lord British iirc.

Not quite. Lord British died as a result of a pickpocketed scroll and some interesting spell effects coupled with the fact that they forgot to toggle his invincibility.

• Locked thread