Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I don't even think Kirby would have to do anything. Just furrow those magnificent brows of his and that's enough punishment for anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

From Injustice, don't know the issue.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

UnfurledSails posted:

I'm impressed by the lady wearing a Sinestro Corps T-shirt in panel 1
That is like wearing an IS shirt in Times Square.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
7 billion people in the world, 320 million in the USA, and Superman outing Batman's secret identity only gets twenty-five million reposts?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I imagine it was pretty obvious to a lot of people.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Keeshhound posted:

7 billion people in the world, 320 million in the USA, and Superman outing Batman's secret identity only gets twenty-five million reposts?

That only says 2.5 million.

Wait a minute!

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
People probably just copy + pasted it rather than repost it to try and look like they were the ones breaking the news.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Keeshhound posted:

7 billion people don't all have Twitter accounts. Also I'm pretty sure that's fairly quickly after it got posted.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Uthor posted:

That only says 2.5 million.

Wait a minute!

Yeah, I got tripped up by that for a second when I was writing that comment.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Question IRL posted:

It looks more like an improperly colored Larfleeze t-shirt to me. Who doesn't love Larfleeze?

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Senor Candle posted:

7 billion people don't all have Twitter accounts. Also I'm pretty sure that's fairly quickly after it got posted.

Google says 974 million twitter accounts right now, but yeah, I'm just being facetious. I'm mostly curious about the context, because right now it looks like the kind of thing you'd find on the old Superdickery site.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Keeshhound posted:

Google says 974 million twitter accounts right now, but yeah, I'm just being facetious. I'm mostly curious about the context, because right now it looks like the kind of thing you'd find on the old Superdickery site.

Batman was unhappy with Superman killing Joker and starting to take over the earth.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Keeshhound posted:

It's from Injustice, Joker killed a pregnant Lois Lane so now Superman is a superfascist and Batman is opposing him.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
And if I remember, this was Cyborg's answer to Batman taking down the JLA Watchtower's comm system to stop them broadcasting it. Setting up a Twitter for Superman.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

bobkatt013 posted:

Batman was unhappy with Superman killing Joker and starting to take over the earth.

So I decided to look for that issue, and google points me to this:

:cawg: It's just so loving petty.

This is it. This is Superman (metaphorically) taking his ball and going home. :allears:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Keeshhound posted:

So I decided to look for that issue, and google points me to this:

:cawg: It's just so loving petty.

This is it. This is Superman (metaphorically) taking his ball and going home. :allears:

That's up there with the aquaman / Jimmy begging for water one.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Wheat Loaf posted:

In fairness to Johns, the older guys in the JSA take him aside and tell him it's not appropriate and he quits the team (because his magical wisdom won't let him tell them his true identity).

Which is kinda stupid, because you'd figure if you can trust anyone with that secret, it's Jay Garrick and Alan Scott.

ChickenSuit
Apr 2, 2002

"You know I love you back."

The Question IRL posted:

It's a Boston Bruins shirt.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Which is kinda stupid, because you'd figure if you can trust anyone with that secret, it's Jay Garrick and Alan Scott.
It always felt like a missed opportunity to me. Given the teams WWII origins, I think there would probably have been a decent story about one of the founding JSA members "joining up" while underage in order to do their part. One of the characters that modern readers only know as an old guy, preferably.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Binary Badger posted:

Pretty sure there was a thought balloon above Kirby's head with Stan Lee's face leering at him when he wrote this.

The best part about Funky Flashman was not only that it was a savage parody of Stan Lee, it also skewered Roy Thomas (as "Houseroy," Funky's sniveling servant), depicted Marvel Comics as a slave plantation and gave away the secret of Stan's toupee.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Also more SG.

:3:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Senior Woodchuck posted:

True enough. He does reveal his real identity in the One Year Later phase of the run, but by then the Marvel Family were in a bit of a state.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

UnfurledSails posted:

You see Clark, this is why print media is dying! It can't keep up with these sort of scoops in magazines and newspapers anymore!!

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Gaz-L posted:

And if I remember, this was Cyborg's answer to Batman taking down the JLA Watchtower's comm system to stop them broadcasting it. Setting up a Twitter for Superman.

Wait, so you're telling me that Superman didn't have a twitter account prior to this, and Lex Luthor hadn't jumped on every possible variation of his name to troll him?

Benito Cereno
Jan 20, 2006

ALLEZ-OUP!

delfin posted:

The best part about Funky Flashman was not only that it was a savage parody of Stan Lee, it also skewered Roy Thomas (as "Houseroy," Funky's sniveling servant), depicted Marvel Comics as a slave plantation and gave away the secret of Stan's toupee.

Stan's look from AFTER this time period has become so iconic and so associated with his name, that readers today won't recognize how on point that caricature was. Here's what Lee looked like at the time that issue came out:

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/funkyflashman8.jpg

I've heard that part of the reason he changed his look was because of Funky Flashman, but that may be apocryphal.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Keeshhound posted:

Wait, so you're telling me that Superman didn't have a twitter account prior to this, and Lex Luthor hadn't jumped on every possible variation of his name to troll him?

It's injustice, I think Luthor's busy defending the WCW World Heavy Weight Title or something.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

SynthOrange posted:

Also more SG.

:3:

Some day Loki will discover the internet, At that point he will look back and wonder how he EVER thought the frost giants were his people.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Keeshhound posted:

In Injustice Luthor is a good guy who was friends with Superman.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Benito Cereno posted:

I've heard that part of the reason he changed his look was because of Funky Flashman, but that may be apocryphal.

"I look like a complete douche. I better change things up!"

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Bruceski posted:

Some day Loki will discover the internet, At that point he will look back and wonder how he EVER thought the frost giants were his people.

Some combination of Journey into Mystery, Loki Agent of Asgard and maybe Thor.

team overhead smash fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Aug 13, 2015

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Bruceski posted:

That day was about two years ago. It's in your best interests to read Journey Into Mystery and Loki: Agent of Asgard.

e: motherfucker...

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Oh, so Loki's the one flooding AO3 with horrible Deadpool/Spidey fics.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Chaos Hippy posted:

That day was about two years ago. It's in your best interests to read Journey Into Mystery and Loki: Agent of Asgard.

e: motherfucker...

The Gillen/McKelvie Young Avengers is internetty as hell too and features Loki.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Peanuts, September 5, 6, and 8, 1969.

Detective Comics #500.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

zoux posted:

The Gillen/McKelvie Young Avengers is internetty as hell too and features Loki.

Also true. Plus it's really, really good.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Cabbit posted:

They do that trope where a couple mixes up their glasses on the nightstand the next morning except they grab each other's mask by accident. Neither of them notice for a week.

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

Peanuts/Batman crossover

As if I needed another reason to love Len Wein and Walt Simonson.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Travis343 posted:

They do that trope where a couple mixes up their glasses on the nightstand the next morning except they grab each other's mask by accident. Neither of them notice for a week.

[Deadpool Annual 2]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Cabbit posted:

Nah, he's probably writing about himself and Thor (primarily because he knows it'd annoy Thor), then changes the names and emails it to publishing agents. Fifty Shades of Thunder, hitting a theater on Earth 616 this Xmas!