Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Webbeh posted:

It seems like a lot of them are nerfed to begin once the achievement system is implemented.

Why some were and some weren't, we'll never know (they probably weren't tracking those stats).

Maybe it was the unrepeatable milestones like ranks that stayed, but anything you can conceivably redo must be done again.

Also wow 10 is a breather. Although going from Frieza and Super Vegeta to the Red Ribbon Army, I don't know why I'd expect otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Did a dragon stone multi-summon.

Only 1 SR and it was blue Trunks. I already had blue R Trunks and it was one of my better super/extreme SRs with level 3 super. :sigh:

At least I got a couple of the purple Ginyu's where he's mooning the viewer.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
So I went all-out in the dying hours of the Mecha Frieza strike event. Burnt at least 40 dragon stones and at least a dozen Dende and Senzu each until I finally got my tenth copy literally within the last hour of the event. I'm glad I don't care about King Cold because I don't think I can do that again for that long time. At least I can stop whining about it.

On the plus side, I'm now rank 54 and Hard missions are about as difficult as Normal missions (i.e., I don't really have to bother to do any sort of color matching to breeze through). I guess this was the equivalent of training in 100x gravity.

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Aug 12, 2015

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

:woop:

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I just want him out of the way so I can grind awakening medals for those dumb missions.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Man, there's a TON of new characters in the update, wonder when the stone pull will be updated. Here's some stuff I found looking at links:

• I guess Mighty Mask and King Vegeta are the next strike events, since they got added to the Bombardment link, along with Piccolo Jr.
  • There's also Majin Buu and Perfect Cell in Revival,
  • a TON of new Saiyans like SSJ2 Goku, Bardock, and Majin Vegeta in Saiyan Warrior Race,
  • some Kid Trunks in Vegeta Family,
  • Goten and Kaioken Goku in Kamehameha,
  • Future 17 and 18 in Android Assault
  • Debura and Babidi in Brutal Beatdown.

Probably a ton more, but I feel like that's a ton of stuff already. Looks like the general theme is the Bardock movies and the Buu saga.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
King Cold doesn't have a connection to half the Friezas. What the gently caress? The only one I see is 2nd form Frieza. Glad I don't care about him either, I got my one, I'm satisfied.

Nuebot posted:

Honestly Fallout Shelter isn't that great. It's basic mechanic are fun, but it's got some glaring flaws that can really be a deal breaker on it.

Don't care. :) The only series I love more than Dragonball is Fallout. Like I said, it's going to be a time-waster between stamina refills. I can't keep spending Dragon Stones on it, and I play something basically all day at work. My job gets really frantic for a few minutes several times a day.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Aug 12, 2015

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

New Leaf posted:

King Cold doesn't have a connection to half the Friezas. What the gently caress? The only one I see is 2nd form Frieza. Glad I don't care about him either, I got my one, I'm satisfied.

That's really weird, especially since you think if King Cold was going to only be connected to one Frieza it'd be mecha frieza.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
After grinding Frieza like 50 times before getting him, I got King Cold in two games. Silly RNG.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Shine posted:

After grinding Frieza like 50 times before getting him, I got King Cold in two games. Silly RNG.

I think King Cold is closer to Cyborg Tao than the Freeza event.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

ChronoReverse posted:

On the plus side, I'm now rank 54 and Hard missions are about as difficult as Normal missions (i.e., I don't really have to bother to do any sort of color matching to breeze through). I guess this was the equivalent of training in 100x gravity.

Z-HARD is 100x gravity. HARD is weighted clothing.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
King Cold on Z-Hard is loving silly. I had him do like 36k to my E PHY Guldo. Guess I'm not running that one anymore.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

New Leaf posted:

He has Mecha link from Bombardment and 2nd & 3rd forms from Brutal Beatdown.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Yeah I can run hard with my team that only has 1 STR easily with no items, but King Cold's fight in Z-Hard is just him spamming his super which takes half my HP when blocked by a STR, outright kills me with anyone else.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Haha, gently caress that 'Enter the Savior?!' mission. It's the entire Ginyu Force with extra enemies alongside them.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Largepotato posted:

He has Mecha link from Bombardment and 2nd & 3rd forms from Brutal Beatdown.

Nothing for original form though :(

I didn't see those, you're right though.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Webbeh posted:

Z-HARD is 100x gravity. HARD is weighted clothing.

Yes, I played Z-Hard Mecha Frieza at least a dozen times which is why Hard is now Normal to me.

Also, I did three runs of King Cold (Normal, Hard, Z-Hard) and immediately got him. Figures the character I don't care about is presented to me on a silver platter.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
I did my second and last SR guaranteed multi pull and I'm in a real pickle now.

SR Ginyu, Frieza 2, and SR Blue Goku dropped. My current team is Frieza 1, Frieza 3, Kid Goku, Event Nappa, SR Raditz, and Event Gohan.

Ginyu's a nice int card but his total lack of links makes him a liability. However, if I ditch Nappa he's my only possible purple. Frieza matches my brutal beatdown synergy great, gives my Emperor of Iniquity more links, and could replace Nappa easily, but gives me two reds. Goku links really well with Gohan and Goku, and is another siblings link for Raditz, but I have no clue who I'd give up for him.

I'm feeling ditching Nappa for Frieza, but is it worth tossing Gohan or Kid Goku for the SR Blue Goku?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

The Bee posted:

I did my second and last SR guaranteed multi pull and I'm in a real pickle now.

SR Ginyu, Frieza 2, and SR Blue Goku dropped. My current team is Frieza 1, Frieza 3, Kid Goku, Event Nappa, SR Raditz, and Event Gohan.

Ginyu's a nice int card but his total lack of links makes him a liability. However, if I ditch Nappa he's my only possible purple. Frieza matches my brutal beatdown synergy great, gives my Emperor of Iniquity more links, and could replace Nappa easily, but gives me two reds. Goku links really well with Gohan and Goku, and is another siblings link for Raditz, but I have no clue who I'd give up for him.

I'm feeling ditching Nappa for Frieza, but is it worth tossing Gohan or Kid Goku for the SR Blue Goku?

SR Blue Goku is my strongest character, hands down. Even with an 80 Green SSJ Vegeta. I'm sure he'll be eclipsed soon, but we'll see.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Yeah, good (S)SR* characters tend to be better than un-Z-Awakened SSR characters. There are also freaks like the event Kid Gohan who can outpace even SSR* characters in damage output.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

ChronoReverse posted:

Yeah, good (S)SR* characters tend to be better than un-Z-Awakened SSR characters. There are also freaks like the event Kid Gohan who can outpace even SSR* characters in damage output.

That's the only reason why I haven't just replaced the Gohan, but hearing confirmation that he can outpace even SSR*s confirms he's sticking around. Guess that means for my team Kid Goku's gotta go, then.

I mean, hey, if I ever regret my decision I can just get more from Missions, apparently.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

ChronoReverse posted:

So I went all-out in the dying hours of the Mecha Frieza strike event. Burnt at least 40 dragon stones and at least a dozen Dende and Senzu each until I finally got my tenth copy literally within the last hour of the event. I'm glad I don't care about King Cold because I don't think I can do that again for that long time. At least I can stop whining about it.

Was it worth it?

Echophonic posted:

Man, there's a TON of new characters in the update, wonder when the stone pull will be updated. Here's some stuff I found looking at links:

• I guess Mighty Mask and King Vegeta are the next strike events, since they got added to the Bombardment link, along with Piccolo Jr.
  • There's also Majin Buu and Perfect Cell in Revival,
  • a TON of new Saiyans like SSJ2 Goku, Bardock, and Majin Vegeta in Saiyan Warrior Race,
  • some Kid Trunks in Vegeta Family,
  • Goten and Kaioken Goku in Kamehameha,
  • Future 17 and 18 in Android Assault
  • Debura and Babidi in Brutal Beatdown.

Probably a ton more, but I feel like that's a ton of stuff already. Looks like the general theme is the Bardock movies and the Buu saga.

I guess the next dragon stone event will be buu saga then, maybe? If so I'm okay with that because I don't really care about buu much so I won't want to waste my stones.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Well, I'm comparing a Level 10 Super Kid Gohan to Zarbon SSR* in damage output only so it's not a completely fair comparison. Zarbon is far more tanky in comparison. I'm only saying that the event Kid Gohan is a solid performer to be clear.

Nuebot posted:

Was it worth it?
SSR* Mecha Frieza is pretty powerful and when I turn him into Golden Frieza, it will be all worth it. Considering my bad luck with summoning using dragon stones, I'd say I got a good deal out of this even if I had poo poo luck.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

ChronoReverse posted:

Well, I'm comparing a Level 10 Super Kid Gohan to Zarbon SSR* in damage output only so it's not a completely fair comparison. Zarbon is far more tanky in comparison. I'm only saying that the event Kid Gohan is a solid performer to be clear.

SSR* Mecha Frieza is pretty powerful and when I turn him into Golden Frieza, it will be all worth it. Considering my bad luck with summoning using dragon stones, I'd say I got a good deal out of this even if I had poo poo luck.

I envy your conviction, I could never spend stones like that. I forever dream that each pull could mean an SSR. It never is.

Anyway! Cold has links with Mecha Frieza, Form 2 and Form 3 Frieza. Also Chilled. So there's going to be a Chilled added in soon which I assume will be an event related to the Bardock movies mentioned earlier.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Nuebot posted:

I envy your conviction, I could never spend stones like that. I forever dream that each pull could mean an SSR. It never is.

Anyway! Cold has links with Mecha Frieza, Form 2 and Form 3 Frieza. Also Chilled. So there's going to be a Chilled added in soon which I assume will be an event related to the Bardock movies mentioned earlier.

Well, I just tell myself I spent 40 dragon stones for 10 SR's instead of maybe 2 (and one's Zarbon) from a 50 dragon stone pull to make myself feel better about it.

I'm burnt out enough that I don't intend to grind King Cold. I have my single copy already and I'll probably run hard to get ultra rare items but that's the limit. I do already have Frieza 2 so I already have half a Frieza family team.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Never did get a Mecca Freezer. On the other hand, doing a bunch of missions has given me enough Dragon stones to do a multi-summon.

Ehhhhh...

I already have that Videl and that TEQ Raditz, and that SR Master Shen doesn't link up to my SR Master Roshi. At least I can boost a few of their supers.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I'm torn between wanting to farm up enough stones for one last multi-pull but at the same time, that image makes me not want to because I know I'll get something like that. Ten Tiens probably.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
My one 50 stone summon attempt also got me a bunch of meh poo poo. As much as I get salty over constant rare pulls, it's probably better to do individual summons if I want a high-tier card.

On a side-note, Brutal Beatdown is a pretty good link for a bunch of seemingly random cards.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Finishing up the new missions on Hard. Just got a team of all 80s, working on a secondary team of Z-Awakened SSRs.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Tae posted:

My one 50 stone summon attempt also got me a bunch of meh poo poo. As much as I get salty over constant rare pulls, it's probably better to do individual summons if I want a high-tier card.

On a side-note, Brutal Beatdown is a pretty good link for a bunch of seemingly random cards.

Has anyone actually done the numbers on the pulls? Because I've seen people say that you're more likely to get SSRs from single pulls too, but I'm uncertain who to trust.

EDIT: Just out of curiosity about the Golden Frieza this site only lists him as purple with a different skill than Mecha Frieza, I thought people were saying he kept the typing used to evolve him?

EDIT2: Turns out there are two golden friezas. Also reading more on this Japanese site it seems it's genuinely better to roll single rolls whether you're trying for SRs or SSRs.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Aug 13, 2015

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Lots of new cards we can't get yet. Cell forms, Buu, Bardock stuff (including ssj Bardock), even Beerus and Whis are in there. And ssj2 Goku.

Next few 'new card' events should be interesting.

Also there's a lot of new Frieza troop types in the new story chapters, which is cool. More minion variety is always nice.

I got over 50 Dragonstones today thanks to the new achievement stuff and I've got a lot more left to get from it, so it seems pretty nice overall. Sitting on about 110 right now waiting for a good rate up event after more SSRs are added, since I've got 4 of the current small pool of them. Perfect Cell would sure be nice to have.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Kelp Plankton posted:

Lots of new cards we can't get yet. Cell forms, Buu, Bardock stuff (including ssj Bardock), even Beerus and Whis are in there. And ssj2 Goku.

Next few 'new card' events should be interesting.

Also there's a lot of new Frieza troop types in the new story chapters, which is cool. More minion variety is always nice.

I got over 50 Dragonstones today thanks to the new achievement stuff and I've got a lot more left to get from it, so it seems pretty nice overall. Sitting on about 110 right now waiting for a good rate up event after more SSRs are added, since I've got 4 of the current small pool of them. Perfect Cell would sure be nice to have.

It looks like we might be getting Dokkan Awakening pretty early, compared to the Japanese version. I'm guessing we'll be getting the Resurrection F stuff when it comes out in October?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Nuebot posted:

It looks like we might be getting Dokkan Awakening pretty early, compared to the Japanese version. I'm guessing we'll be getting the Resurrection F stuff when it comes out in October?

Yeah we will probably see stuff released as tie-ins with the movie coming out in the US.

Also: Some people are already finding Android 13's dokkan awakening medals as rare drops off z-hard bosses so it seems like there's a lot more to this update than they're saying so far.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I'd just like to mention that once this frieza thing ends I'm saving all my stones for this as far as I can tell it's an enhanced rate revival gacha of those villains and that golden frieza is pretty rad, and Cell is cool. Well that and Cooler.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
A new story event is coming up where you can get R Bardock, However, it also says there's a chance for a "secret character" (that I'm never going to get). Looks like either Prince or King Vegeta.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

I... I just got a SR card from a regular friend points multi-summon (AGL Mercenary Tao) :psyduck:

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Double King Cold leaders is fun.

:supaburn:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Yeah I'm levelling mine up because he'll be great for any future purple events. If there's ever a mecha freiza return that jerk is getting a dad-based beat down.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I really regret using my R Cell Jr for training. It wasn't even on purpose really, was kinda in a sleepy haze and was using other trained up nooks to drop some XP on THE CHAMP. Oh well, at least he died for a good cause.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

New Leaf posted:

I really regret using my R Cell Jr for training. It wasn't even on purpose really, was kinda in a sleepy haze and was using other trained up nooks to drop some XP on THE CHAMP. Oh well, at least he died for a good cause.

I wasn't expecting much when I rolled him, but he has some nice links and is awesome at tanking damage.