Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
The quintessential cornerstone of carnal cordiality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Exemplary of exquisite, delectable depravity

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I'm 90% sure Homestucks can't reproduce, and may not even have genitals.

My children will be very disappointed to hear this. Well, they're probably relieved at the no-genitals part

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Oxxidation posted:

It actually happened. The Trickster Juju is Sburb's equivalent of a Super Star - it makes you invincible and allows you to briefly speed through the game. Since Sburb is about personal development as much as it is about fighting monsters, this turned everyone into manic demigods who immediately resolved all their issues and hangups in the most facile way and then zoomed straight to their God Beds.

And like the Super Star, it wears off eventually. Unlike the Super Star, it leaves a headache and a tremendous feeling of regret.

So it's more like the white tanuki suit?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I'm 90% sure Homestucks can't reproduce, and may not even have genitals.

Trust me when I say the younger generation of Homestucks are certainly loving trying. I feel I need to carry a goddamn spray bottle on yard duty, sometimes.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

WAR FOOT posted:

Trust me when I say the younger generation of Homestucks are certainly loving trying. I feel I need to carry a goddamn spray bottle on yard duty, sometimes.

You just gotta get a baseball cap and flip it turn ways and ride that chair as a causal yet cool older friend mentor

Just rap your problems out

I also forgot you were the teacher with the student fans in the thread.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

No homestuck should be allowed to reproduce IMO

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Toxxupation posted:

Including us or

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Toxxupation posted:

Somehow I don't see that being a problem for you. :smuggo:

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Burkion posted:

Including us or

Especially you

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Toxxupation posted:

Too late. :getout: (literally)

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

darn

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Toxxupation posted:

Especially you

I said us, chucklebuddy

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Burkion posted:

This makes so much sense of why WAR FOOT likes Aranea. She has so much to tell us!

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Renaissance Robot posted:

This makes so much sense of why WAR FOOT likes Aranea. She has so much to tell us!

a more damning indictment of the state of america's educational system i have never seen

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Burkion posted:

You just gotta get a baseball cap and flip it turn ways and ride that chair as a causal yet cool older friend mentor

Just rap your problems out

God, again with the loving chair.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Does anyone remember those SBAHJ-equivalent youtube videos about the Midnight Crew? I can't remember what the hell they are called now.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Toxxupation posted:

a more damning indictment of the state of america's educational system i have never seen

joke's on you I am Australian :smug:

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

WAR FOOT posted:

joke's on you I am Australian :smug:

Toxxupation posted:

uǝǝs ɹǝʌǝu ǝʌɐɥ ᴉ ɯǝʇsʎs lɐuoᴉʇɐɔnpǝ s,ɐᴉlɐɹʇsnɐ ɟo ǝʇɐʇs ǝɥʇ ɟo ʇuǝɯʇɔᴉpuᴉ ƃuᴉuɯɐp ǝɹoɯ ɐ

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

:fsmug:

Shine on you crazy bastard.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

:australia:

Note to Self
Mar 21, 2012

Samovar posted:

Does anyone remember those SBAHJ-equivalent youtube videos about the Midnight Crew? I can't remember what the hell they are called now.

This?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Ding-ding-ding.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
WE DIDT IT we
BIRHTed
GEROMy!!!!!

I forgot how good these were

Note to Self
Mar 21, 2012
News post! Hussie says we shouldn't expect the finale until some time next year. Jesus, just lock the thread right now!

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Note to Self posted:

News post! Hussie says we shouldn't expect the finale until some time next year. Jesus, just lock the thread right now!

poo poo, so nothing until 2017 :smith:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Note to Self posted:

I'm not gonna make it

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Note to Self posted:

Whelp, guess I need to lose interest in this comic somehow.

Seems kinda weird to prioritize Hiveswap over Homestuck proper, guess he's aiming for it to be finished roughly concurrently with the comic.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Well hell.

I'm kind of put off by the tone of this post. I guess he's probably feeling pretty done with it all at this point. Which makes me sad. Like I almost feel like I'm more psychically invested in this thing than the guy making it? I wonder how Invader Zim fans cope with this feeling.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Plom Bar posted:

Well hell.

I'm kind of put off by the tone of this post. I guess he's probably feeling pretty done with it all at this point. Which makes me sad. Like I almost feel like I'm more psychically invested in this thing than the guy making it? I wonder how Invader Zim fans cope with this feeling.

Gay MPreg fanfiction.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Note to Self posted:

If the thread is locked it'd be nice if it gets reopened again when the comic comes back. I can barely remember to check stuff that updates monthly without someone reminding me.

I only actually started giving a bit of a gently caress about this story again since Act 6 started with this spate of updates. Maybe one day when I'm an old man and the game releases I'll check and see if Homestuck still exists between desperately trying to remember my kids' faces.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

The bit where Hussie is like "if it were bad, you'd be watching it tomorrow" is almost making me stealth hope that it actually is planned to drop tomorrow.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Prison Warden posted:

If the thread is locked it'd be nice if it gets reopened again when the comic comes back. I can barely remember to check stuff that updates monthly without someone reminding me.

I only actually started giving a bit of a gently caress about this story again since Act 6 started with this spate of updates. Maybe one day when I'm an old man and the game releases I'll check and see if Homestuck still exists between desperately trying to remember my kids' faces.

If this thread gets locked it will be long archived by the time the comic comes back.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

him saying by pure pagecount the story is 99% done means he's got roughly eightyish, figure a hundred, "pages" of content left, which seems like a drastically low amount to conclude all the current narrative arcs homestuck currently has left up in the air

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Plom Bar posted:

Well hell.

I read that as more that he isn't willing to no life it for the updates anymore, and I can't really blame him for that. At least it isn't a thirteen year break! (Or however many years it would be now with the page count the way it is.)

Toxxupation posted:

him saying by pure pagecount the story is 99% done means he's got roughly eightyish, figure a hundred, "pages" of content left, which seems like a drastically low amount to conclude all the current narrative arcs homestuck currently has left up in the air

While we're much closer to the end than ever before, we should keep in mind that this is the man who said Homestuck would last one year.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

It really does sound like he isn't having fun any more -- note the dig about having entirely forgotten about the website. :(

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Toxxupation posted:

I'm gonna guess he wasn't being literal (which makes it extra hilarious that tumblr and reddit are freaking out because "80 PAGES!?"), or he means that many updates are left (he can squeeze a lot of important poo poo in 80 updates).

Although I'm not as dire, it does seem like he's reprioritizing his life and Homestuck is no longer above sleep, happiness, and health. Which is actually a good thing. I know Death of the Author plagues Homestuck but I'd rather it not be literal.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Classtoise posted:

Although I'm not as dire, it does seem like he's reprioritizing his life and Homestuck is no longer above sleep, happiness, and health. Which is actually a good thing. I know Death of the Author plagues Homestuck but I'd rather it not be literal.

I absolutely agree with that -- he deserves to have a life, and a happy one. My hope is that he can still have fun doing Homestuck when he gets around to it, and that it hasn't become a chore.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I only hope that when Homestuck is all said and done, Hussie can look back on this all and with complete earnestness feel proud of what he's done and happy that he spent this last 7 years the way he did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I, on the other hand, care nothing for his well being and am instead outraged that this isn't being finished immediately