Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

It just now occurs to me that Scooby Wright is only a junior this year, holy poo poo :stare:

E: Man the more I look at it, the Pac-12 south is going to loving own this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Slate Action posted:

From an interview yesterday:

PAUL JOHNSON (asked if there is anything he's been encouraged by in the team's practices)
[pauses for around ten seconds] ...I dunno. Quarterback's a good player. Most days.

REPORTER:
That's it?

PAUL JOHNSON:
I haven't seen anything to make me...guys, I don't know why you think this...you guys have anointed this team as national champs. You oughta watch 'em practice.

REPORTER:
Can we?

PAUL JOHNSON:
No.

Goddamn I love this dude.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Former Georgia Tech QB wins runoff, breaks up GOP supermajority in Georgia state house.

I honestly don't remember this guy. He was in that bridge year on the Flats between the Reggie Ball Era of Distinction and Paul Johnson setting up shop. Looking at the box score from UGA/GT '07, he...didn't play great. Though beating that UGA team at that point was a tall order anyway.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Oh poo poo, it's Taylor Bennett! Yeah, he wasn't a great QB, but good on him for diluting the sea of assholes who run this godforsaken state.

Here, watch him catch a TD pass on a trick play:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNC7774xqu0

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
He threw a touchdown pass on his first play in college so he's got that going for him.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Webbeh posted:

Goddamn I love this dude.

He is much more a shitlord than a straight up hater like Spurrier. Which fits for GT.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Slate Action posted:

Oh poo poo, it's Taylor Bennett! Yeah, he wasn't a great QB, but good on him for diluting the sea of assholes who run this godforsaken state.

Here, watch him catch a TD pass on a trick play:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNC7774xqu0

Nice grab.

Hey, if he'll be a bulwark against state Republicans finally getting that Nuke Atlanta bill passed, Go Jackets.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Hmmm

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

Seeing this kid's tweets reminds me how easy it is when you're a student athlete. No way he got into a selective school like Texas on his academics

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

It's like he's trying to communicate, I know it...

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Holla at ya boy I wanna play foosball

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
To be fair, everything I write on my phone ends up looking like that before I go back and correct it.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
was a reason for his departure ever given?

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Send letar of comittee day or night sometime

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Scarf posted:

It's like he's trying to communicate, I know it...

Its like English translated to Polish translated to that crazy Imperial court Japanese no one speaks then back to Polish and mistranslated by a crazy old man into English.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Neil Armbong posted:

was a reason for his departure ever given?

Apparently didn't like the hard coaching and academics once he was at UT is what the local radio is saying. His dad never wanted him here, and apparently his ego was big about what he expected to do the moment he stepped onto the field. Apparently didn't come as easy as he hoped and wanted out.

Been described as unrealistic expectations coupled with an enabler for a parent who didn't want him there anyway.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Spintzel posted:

Seeing this kid's tweets reminds me how easy it is when you're a student athlete. No way he got into a selective school like Texas on his academics

Better be careful. MV will come in here and declare you a racist old english professor for not being into this kid's lovely grammar.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
lol what

Regnevelc posted:

Have you recently had a new transplant from Iowa?

I was gonna say this outdated, but our current projected starter has been hurt and held out of practice recently. They say he's just "dinged up" whatever that means. He's probably dead.

We did have a pretty crazy string of good luck with RB injuries by Iowa standards the last few years, but unfortunately the guys who stayed on the field were Mark Weisman and Damon Bullock. And even Weisman would typically start with a couple good games, get some minor injury, and then plod through the rest of the season at like 3 ypc. But they both made it to graduation, and an Iowa RB hadn't done that since like 2007

MourningView fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Aug 13, 2015

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

LeeMajors posted:

Better be careful. MV will come in here and declare you a racist old english professor for not being into this kid's lovely grammar.

i'll do it instead

lol u racist old english professor

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I was hammered pretty hard in here for saying that Jameis was loving unintelligible when he accepted his Heisman (he was).

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

LeeMajors posted:

I was hammered pretty hard in here for saying that Jameis was loving unintelligible when he accepted his Heisman (he was).

Quite a few of us were

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

Rg3 wasn't, maybe because Baylor Champs 2016?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

anne frank fanfic posted:

Rg3 wasn't, maybe because Baylor Champs 2016?

yes

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

LeeMajors posted:

oh

I do not remember either his speech or this internet argument (from what I can recall Jameis sounds pretty typical for a dude from that region of the country but who knows). I am sorry my words from going on two years ago wounded you in such a way. I like to think I save accusations of racism for really blatant things like "disliking the NBA"

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

MourningView posted:

oh

I do not remember either his speech or this internet argument (from what I can recall Jameis sounds pretty typical for a dude from that region of the country but who knows). I am sorry my words from going on two years ago wounded you in such a way. I like to think I save accusations of racism for really blatant things like "disliking the NBA"

:qq: I am a gentle soul :qq:

I also don't like the NBA, but it's because I don't like basketball in general. My friends play basketball though.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

LeeMajors posted:

I also don't like the NBA, but it's because I don't like basketball in general. My friends play basketball though.

"Friends"

CrumFUNist!
Nov 27, 2005

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Clemson reports that Korrin Wiggins tore his ACL and will be out for the season.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

LeeMajors posted:

Do you have an exact count of these friends that play basketball?

I literally have no friends that play basketball...

pillsburysoldier posted:

Clemson reports that Korrin Wiggins tore his ACL and will be out for the season.

Pretty hard blow... He was a good DB :\

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

It's almost time for football. Everyone enjoy these Vince Young highlights and smile!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVxPPrmUEjU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Scarf posted:

Do you have an exact count of these friends that play basketball?

I literally have no friends that play basketball...

It was my poorly worded attempt at a quick 'my black friend' joke. :(

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Texas was the best team in the country for 3 years in the past decade but only had 1 championship to show for it due to ESPN, bad teams i hate, bias, Media, and they were keeping the seat warm for Baylor to win about 16-17 championships in row starting 2016 (they basically won 2 already in football and bball with aff rules)

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

buddhanc posted:

It's almost time for football. Everyone enjoy these Vince Young highlights and smile!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVxPPrmUEjU

My favorite :allears:

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

DJExile posted:

It just now occurs to me that Scooby Wright is only a junior this year, holy poo poo :stare:

E: Man the more I look at it, the Pac-12 south is going to loving own this year
Scooby owns real hard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPiIkl4TWgI

Arizona's front 6 is going to be real good this season.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Uhh so this guy spoke to FSU's team today

Jimbo gets the weirdest mix of people.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Scooby owns real hard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPiIkl4TWgI

Arizona's front 6 is going to be real good this season.

Yeah Scooby Wright's real fun to watch. I almost feel bad that Kendricks got the Butkus over him but he's going to get his due this year unless something disastrous happens to you guys.

I'm personally hoping Myles Jack gets to do more on defense this year with Bradley calling the shots instead of just always being in safe coverage. I know Bradley's not exactly an aggressive defensive playcaller, but it's gotta be better than the super conservative defenses we've been playing in the last few years. It's kind of telling that Jack is easily one of the most athletic dudes in the country and his highlight reel from last year is like 40% him swatting 5 yard passes in man coverage.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

VDay posted:

Yeah Scooby Wright's real fun to watch. I almost feel bad that Kendricks got the Butkus over him but he's going to get his due this year unless something disastrous happens to you guys.

I'm personally hoping Myles Jack gets to do more on defense this year with Bradley calling the shots instead of just always being in safe coverage. I know Bradley's not exactly an aggressive defensive playcaller, but it's gotta be better than the super conservative defenses we've been playing in the last few years. It's kind of telling that Jack is easily one of the most athletic dudes in the country and his highlight reel from last year is like 40% him swatting 5 yard passes in man coverage.
Our non-South schedule is squishy (no P5 teams in the noncon, and we miss Oregon) so he's probably going to win all the awards and maybe get a Heisman invite as the token defensive player.

Arizona's defense needs a new nickname, though. None of the players were alive for Desert Storm!

Jack is cool and I hope he does well against all teams not named Arizona. The world needs more two-way players.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Michigan State just lost its best linebacker, Ed Davis, for the season.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Tennessee possibly lost Marquez North for the year.

Probably not a good omen in their quest to end their 10 year losing streak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Along with new uniforms, UNLV has a new field design

Looking good imo :cool:

• Locked thread