Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Goku: Murders a peace-loving ginger, spares Space Hitler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Stairmaster posted:

Toryiama said in an interview a few years back 16 was modeled after Gero's son who was killed by Goku.
that's a bit tragic

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

• Last and not least: Made all of those with the only motivation to get revenge because the army of a guy who wanted his dragonball wish to get taller was defeated by Goku.

To be fair, that was gainful employment! Do you know how hard it is for a mad scientist to get a job in this economy'!?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

ImpAtom posted:

Goku: Murders a peace-loving ginger, spares Space Hitler.
I kind of enjoyed how RoF kicked Goku upside the head with his stupid I'm Such a loving Nice Guy poo poo that drags out so many fights.

Though a lot of that movie feels like it was ghostwritten by the DBZ Abridged folks.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

FilthyImp posted:

I kind of enjoyed how RoF kicked Goku upside the head with his stupid I'm Such a loving Nice Guy poo poo that drags out so many fights.

Though a lot of that movie feels like it was ghostwritten by the DBZ Abridged folks.

Well really DBZA's writers probably understand Toriyama's style better than almost anyone(Oda and the guy who currently does the Manga tie-ins are probably their only real competition in that area)

Also this talk about Cell makes me imagine an AU where Bulma accompanies Trunks and Krillen back to Gero's lab to find the Android plans and the premature Cell and she gets the bright idea to reprogram the computer raising Cell so he won't be pumped full of Gero's Directives and Ideologies, and replacing them with information that'll hopefully not lead to a psychopathic monster(getting Trunks and Krillen to go along with this idea by pointing out that by the time this Cell hatches, even if it still turns out to be a monster, it'd be outmatched heavily by Goku and the others), cut to sometime between the end of ROF and when GT happens(date wise that is) this Cell hatches with an odd desire to protect the Earth and it's people...

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Freeza, Radditz, Cell in that order. Freeza's cells and Gero's programming account for at least part of Cell's evil, mitigating him.

Piccolo showed care for his family, so while still pretty evil he had some kind of compassion inside him. Plus the whole Piccolo Day/being a decent person is illegal thing was too ridiculous to take seriously.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Commander Red is the evilest imo. What a stupid reason to start a war.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
The most evil is Kururin, he stole Goku's rock.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Didn't Vegeta do all the stuff Cell wanted to do and he's a good guy anyway? Genocide and destroying planets and trying to blow up the Earth specifically and all of that stuff

I could buy Cell being redeemed somehow, they won't ever do it but, if Vegeta can make the change in sure he could too

He'd still be a dick though

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Ammat The Ankh posted:

The most evil is Kururin, he stole Goku's rock.

And, years after being found out, threw a rock at Goku's head. Vindictive little prick.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

janemba is evil

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

evil buu is pretty evil too

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I still say Tien was the most hilariously dickish and sadistic before he became a good guy.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

Toryiama said in an interview a few years back 16 was modeled after Gero's son who was killed by Goku.

Wasn't actually killed by Goku, was killed by an enemy bullet

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Ekusukariba posted:

Wasn't actually killed by Goku, was killed by an enemy bullet

It's more interesting if the son was a random solider that Goku killed though.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

dr.acula posted:

janemba is evil

Janemba is a janitor who bumped into the Eldritch Dryer while listening to heavy metal music.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Kelp Plankton posted:

Didn't Vegeta do all the stuff Cell wanted to do and he's a good guy anyway? Genocide and destroying planets and trying to blow up the Earth specifically and all of that stuff

I could buy Cell being redeemed somehow, they won't ever do it but, if Vegeta can make the change in sure he could too

He'd still be a dick though

Vegeta did those things as the means to an end.

Cell wanted to do them as an end.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I feel like Cell would have done what Super Buu did in the anime after he thought he'd won. gently caress around, randomly blow poo poo up, and eat cake people.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Vegeta. Nappa and Raditz were raised in a system where killing was part of their culture If cell can't be blamed for his programming then neither can they.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
All DBZ Villains are evil until they decide to join the Z-Fighters.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Piccolo killed Goku and then kidnapped a child for a year and everyone was cool with it

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

Piccolo killed Goku and then kidnapped a child for a year and everyone was cool with it

Well it's not like any of them could've stopped him. Goku was the only one and he was dead

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Kelp Plankton posted:

And that child grew up to be a nerd. Piccolo really is evil.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Covok posted:

All DBZ Villains are evil until they decide to join the Z-Fighters.

now I'm imagining a world where every time a villain gets killed they reincarnate as a good guy like Kid Buu becoming Uub, because Goku wants to fight them again(let's assume this applies to every villain that stayed dead for at least a year to accommodate for Vegeta dying both on Namek and against Buu)

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I honestly think if Goku hadn't sent up Gohan to fight cell would have given them a pass since it's not like he'd have any reason to expect anyone else in the universe to give out as good a fight. Sure he has frieza's sadism but he also has thrice as much battle-lust from Goku, Vegeta, and Nappa(if you accept that part of the anime as canon).

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Neo_Crimson posted:

I feel like Cell would have done what Super Buu did in the anime after he thought he'd won. gently caress around, randomly blow poo poo up, and eat cake people.

Cell decides to drive cars with his Cell Jr.s.

Not because he needs to drive cars.

But because he decides regular pedestrians are worth 10 points, the elderly 20, and children 50.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Cell would just re-enact Just-cause using namekian stretchy arms as a grappling hook and crash planes into buildings.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Wasn't the only evil thing Piccolo Jr actually do anime filler? He tried to kill everyone at the tournament but everyone except Goku wanted him dead for just being born. He kills Goku but Goku told him to and he didn't kidnap Gohan just to be a dick either.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Guyver posted:

Wasn't the only evil thing Piccolo Jr actually do anime filler? He tried to kill everyone at the tournament but everyone except Goku wanted him dead for just being born. He kills Goku but Goku told him to and he didn't kidnap Gohan just to be a dick either.

That reminds me: In the anime, there's a bit before the tournament where Jr. saves a child from being crushed under some rubble during a storm. Is this filler?

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Yeah. The manga basically shows him out of the egg swearing revenge then you don't see him again until the tournament.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

• Forgets to consider what his super biomechanical cyborg that can destroy planets would do after finishing prime directive.

Well, he wasn't going to live to see it (you can't blame him for not taking in account TIME MACHINES) so he probably didn't give a rat's rear end.

• Last and not least: Made all of those with the only motivation to get revenge because the army of a guy who wanted his dragonball wish to get taller was defeated by Goku.

Nobody knew that was going to be Red's wish, actually, see Black's reaction.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

facebook jihad posted:

Freeza's cells and Gero's programming account for at least part of Cell's evil, mitigating him.

Well in that case, Freeza's upbringing by his evil space emperor father mitigates him.

Just because Cell was "programmed" to be evil, does not mean he is not actually evil deep down. He was created to be evil and never shows any remorse for his blatantly evil actions. Of course he is evil!

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

But what if Cell hit his head as a baby and became good like Goku?

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Raxivace posted:

But what if Cell hit his head as a baby and became good like Goku?

Then he does good things and thus is good.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Cell can't be redeemed because he'd just outpower all of the main heroes because he can do whatever they can do with other stuff on top. He has to stay dead for the sake of Goku and Vegeta.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

• Only recourse against getting murdered by 17 and 18 was a self-destruction button that would probably kill him as well
  • Makes himself into a robot that is still weaker than his creations.
  • Decides to attack Goku and co. by himself even though he had Cell and 13-15 on the works.
  • Has 16 who is actually loyal to him even if too gentle to a fault locked up.
  • Forgets to consider what his super biomechanical cyborg that can destroy planets would do after finishing prime directive.

Ehhhhhh...

Some of those are mitigated by circumstances.

He created a bunch of artificial humans that all sucked until he finally got it right with 19. Since 19 worked, he made himself into 20. He followed Goku around for like 10 years, tried to account for his bullshit powerups and didn't realize that he got a new even more bullshit powerup when off-planet (this is kind of the dumb part - that he didn't notice what was going on when Goku/Freeza were actually on earth after that).

He still probably made himself and 19 powerful enough as it were, but didn't account on bullshit time travel warning everyone about this so they could get even more powerful.

Then, after all that bullshit happens, he lets out his more powerful, flawed creations as a last ditch effort since those more powerful people were knocking at his door getting ready to kill him.

The rest is stupid, though.

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro
While we're on the subject of Cell, has there ever been a what-if scenario in one of the games or something where the main timeline's Cell survives and we have 2 Cells running around, squabbling over the androids? Maybe one absorbs 19 and 20 instead? That seems like fun!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No we have not, but that sounds like it'd be funny.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Darko posted:

(this is kind of the dumb part - that he didn't notice what was going on when Goku/Freeza were actually on earth after that).

At the point where Goku went off-planet, Gero had already kinda abandoned Cell to the AI that was raising him. The AI collected Freeza's DNA without Gero's knowledge so Gero also had no idea about the whole super saiyan business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Panic Restaurant posted:

While we're on the subject of Cell, has there ever been a what-if scenario in one of the games or something where the main timeline's Cell survives and we have 2 Cells running around, squabbling over the androids? Maybe one absorbs 19 and 20 instead? That seems like fun!

I'd honestly borrow this idea for a Parallels adventure, except I already have a Cell what-if scenario, drawing from a timeline where Gero never goes to robotics school and instead takes over the family farm. Twenty-odd years later, Ol' Farmer Gero's biomechanical supercrop (made from the cells of the Tree of Might, senzu beans, kudzu, and quinoa) turns into Sprout, a self-replicating martial artist with unfathomable energy reserves.

Still, the idea of a Perfect Cell whose physical form is based off a round clown and an old man is pretty funny to me. He'd look like a green Santa Claus.

• Locked thread