Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaislioc
Feb 14, 2008

The Dark Id posted:

Now a Resident Evil 2 Remake? That's my jam. I can't wait to see Brian Irons's rape/taxidermy dungeon and William Birkin's hand penis and teethed anus blob final form in glorious HD.

Well poo poo. This is the third "game they'll never make" that I've learned is actually getting made from this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
To be fair it was just confirmed today.

The Dark Id posted:

Now a Resident Evil 2 Remake? That's my jam. I can't wait to see Brian Irons's rape/taxidermy dungeon and William Birkin's hand penis and teethed anus blob final form in glorious HD.
Here's an approximation of the latter.
That game had surprisingly good assets for what it was.
EDIT: And more for good measure. I wonder if they'll be reusing these setpieces...

HGH fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Aug 12, 2015

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

HGH posted:

To be fair it was just confirmed today.

Here's an approximation of the latter.
That game had surprisingly good assets for what it was.
EDIT: And more for good measure. I wonder if they'll be reusing these setpieces...

Fun Fact! Most of the location assets in Umbrella and Darkside Chronicles were originally from Resident Evil Outbreak!

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Yeah, Umbrella Chronicles is reused assets from 0/REmake/Outbreak, which completely mucks up story progression. But the ones in Darkside were obviously completely new. They're worlds apart in quality, and the layout is different, mostly to better follow the original games.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Is 3 short enough to be a dlc campaign for 2? It kind of seems like a waste to not remake 3 with 2

But then Capcom would run out of Resident Evil rehashes...

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013

BattleCattle posted:

Fun Fact! Most of the location assets in Umbrella and Darkside Chronicles were originally from Resident Evil Outbreak!

I know the cannibalized Outbreak to make the vaguely-but-not-really-RE3 chapter in Umbrella Chronicles, but I thought Darkside Chronicles was all made from scratch?

(Not entirely a derail due to both Chronicles games being developed by our friends at Cavia :v: )

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

DanielCross posted:

I know the cannibalized Outbreak to make the vaguely-but-not-really-RE3 chapter in Umbrella Chronicles, but I thought Darkside Chronicles was all made from scratch?

(Not entirely a derail due to both Chronicles games being developed by our friends at Cavia :v: )

Pretty sure the derail is already covered by TDI being the one to start it.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Umbrella Chronicles was such a great game. I thought Darkside was just okay though.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Accordion Man posted:

Umbrella Chronicles was such a great game. I thought Darkside was just okay though.

They're both good.

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

dazat posted:

As a note of interest, there was a special 10th Anniversary Commemorative Art Book released in Japan upon the launch of Drakengard 3 which included three special stories for the previous games. I translated
Drakengard: The Song of Fourteen Years
Drakengard 2: The Garden of Light
NieR: Prometheus' Flame

Thank you so much for this. Really enjoyed it, especially the Nier one.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I thought Scalebound looked alright. :shobon:

Kind of a Hideki Kamiya Dragon's Dogma.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

The Dark Id posted:

Are they remaking Dead Aim yet

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

ayn rand hand job posted:

Dead Aim was unironically fun if you had a Guncon. If you did not, it was a pile of poo poo.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.

ayn rand hand job posted:

Game companies generally need a fair amount of fan interest to decide to remake a game, and I'm about 99% sure that TDI is the only person to ever play Dead Aim.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
Please refer to the game by its proper, original name: "Gun Survivor 4: Biohazard: Heroes Never Die". Thank you.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

YeOldeButchere posted:

Please refer to the game by its proper, original name: "Gun Survivor 4: Biohazard: Heroes Never Die". Thank you.

I like to refer to it as the one that has the tyrant with the electric tits.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
That is also acceptable.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Great LP, but why were they all wearing cobblestones on their heads?

P.S. Are you going to finish FFX?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

StandardVC10 posted:

Great LP, but why were they all wearing cobblestones on their heads?

I think it was to imply that the other Accords were watching off camera, and then One blew up and the debris buried them for a while.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

dazat posted:

I can't believe it's over already! Thank you Dark Id for the LP. I definitely enjoyed reading it more than I did playing it (esp the final battle, which I admit to having had to cheat to get through).

As a note of interest, there was a special 10th Anniversary Commemorative Art Book released in Japan upon the launch of Drakengard 3 which included three special stories for the previous games. I translated them a while back:
Drakengard: The Song of Fourteen Years
Drakengard 2: The Garden of Light
NieR: Prometheus' Flame

I especially recommend reading the Drakengard 2 story since it does a lot to redeem the awfulness of that game.

I can't wait for NieR 2 and Dark Id's subsequent LP of it! :D

I for one am glad to see Drakengard 2's sickeningly happy ending retroactively made tragic.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

AradoBalanga posted:

I think it was to imply that the other Accords were watching off camera, and then One blew up and the debris buried them for a while.

Then they start balancing the chunks on their heads for fun, and the least fun accord starts whining about when they're gonna stop.

Yes, I like to think of them as slightly more advanced Servbots.

Now that I've had time to digest the scene, it makes me giggle.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

BattleCattle posted:

Then they start balancing the chunks on their heads for fun, and the least fun accord starts whining about when they're gonna stop.

Yes, I like to think of them as slightly more advanced Servbots.

Now that I've had time to digest the scene, it makes me giggle.

Now that I think about it, maybe Mikhail gets a happy ending after all. Sure, he had to eat Zero... but now he has thousands of new librarian friends! :unsmith:

Skylight
Nov 25, 2011

DIE TO THE DEATH!
SENTANCE TO DEATH!
GREAT EQUALIZER IS THE DEATH!

Chokes McGee posted:

Now that I think about it, maybe Mikhail gets a happy ending after all. Sure, he had to eat Zero... but now he has thousands of new librarian friends! :unsmith:

I'll take it! :unsmith:

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
There is a non-zero chance that Scaleborn and other 'bone exclusives will get ported to pc because the 'bone is awful and MS has no faith in it.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

The Dark Id posted:

Yaigh. Yeah, the bad graphics of the time prevented it from appearing as such, but William Birkin pretty much is the body-horror monster of the franchise, isn't he?

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Have you figured it out yet?

StandardVC10 posted:

I believe he said in this very thread that he'd like to finish it, but if he went back to it he'd start it from the beginning.

I think Id's earned another long break after Drakengard 3, though. This game takes its toll.

e: Scalebound looks cool and I look forward to murdering the poo poo out of giant monsters with my dragon-buddy and my friends and their dragon-buddies. :colbert:

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.

Speedball posted:

Yaigh. Yeah, the bad graphics of the time prevented it from appearing as such, but William Birkin pretty much is the body-horror monster of the franchise, isn't he?

Eh, Nemesis is probably the one people most associate with the series, especially given that it got a spot in Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3. Unless you're talking people that went from "human/humanoid" to "What the gently caress happened to that guy?!"

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Bufuman posted:

Eh, Nemesis is probably the one people most associate with the series, especially given that it got a spot in Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3. Unless you're talking people that went from "human/humanoid" to "What the gently caress happened to that guy?!"

Yeah, that's what I meant. I mean, Nemesis is more iconic as he is a very cool and unique and memorable enemy, but he doesn't mutate constantly like Birkin does. (okay yes he mutates, but it takes him a while). Birkin has so many forms you only see half of them in one side of the game! His whole loving head melts and shifts to the side so he can grow a new one!

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Cthulhuchan posted:

There is a non-zero chance that Scaleborn and other 'bone exclusives will get ported to pc because the 'bone is awful and MS has no faith in it.
I let out a dark chuckle the day I logged into Steam and saw Ryse had been ported.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Bad Seafood posted:

I let out a dark chuckle the day I logged into Steam and saw Ryse had been ported.

As opposed to a light chuckle?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

The Dark Id posted:

but we already have an re2 remake (even if no one can play it)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62rptEGgPLc

I really hope RE2make does well enough for them to fund a R3make, since that's easily the best of the classic style games. But that won't be for many years if it ever does happen.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

BrightWing posted:

As opposed to a light chuckle?
Light chuckles are reserved for things like friends falling off of buildings.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Cthulhuchan posted:

It was circling the news just yesterday that all of these bigger Xbone exclusives, including Quantum whatever and Scalebound, are only exclusive at launch so the window for them to be ported is clearly very open.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Cthulhuchan posted:

I heard that Killer Instinct is getting a PC port. It's a legitimately good fighting game, and I'm glad I'll eventually get to play it. :D

The soundtrack's great there, too. Go look it up, if ya haven't already.

The Big Whoop
Oct 12, 2012

Learning Disabilities: Cat Edition
Does anyone have links to the mangas + tie ins? Maybe they were linked earlier, or if someone could give me a good place to start...

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Cthulhuchan posted:

Pretty much.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Wonderful LP, TDI!

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
I must admit to being slightly confused as to why people keep congratulating him on finishing an excellent LP when he's said he isn't quite done yet...

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Supremezero posted:

I must admit to being slightly confused as to why people keep congratulating him on finishing an excellent LP when he's said he isn't quite done yet...

I mean the game is over so the meat and potatoes of the LP are finished at least.
But also reading is hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProjectTrinity
Oct 12, 2012

Because we get things done.

Supremezero posted:

Found it more fitting to congratulate him after the Final Song - as that is worth an applause on its own. (If you do it the legit way, which he did.)

• Locked thread