Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
worth it; watch the whole thing, DONT SKIP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
I'm surprised that it didn't happen sooner in the video.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

:stonklol: Yeeeeesssssss of all the tank things I didn't know I ever wanted to see but subconsciously hoped to that was it right there. That video is the epitome of "stay till the end!"

oh god that poor, freshly laundered and jumbled up crew

There was a different part of me that was hoping the other tank one run up the backside of the stalled one. :v:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Tanks powersliding will never not be loving awesome.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Duke Chin posted:

:stonklol: Yeeeeesssssss of all the tank things I didn't know I ever wanted to see but subconsciously hoped to that was it right there. That video is the epitome of "stay till the end!"

There was a different part of me that was hoping the other tank one run up the backside of the stalled one. :v:

poo poo I was hoping another one would come powdersliding in and fishtail into the flipped one. And then another, and another..

Y'know, Blues Brothers but with T-80's

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

holocaust bloopers posted:

Tanks powersliding will never not be loving awesome.

Except when you flip it and break your arms and legs.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Duke Chin posted:

I don't think "freshly laundered" would describe them after that.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

freshly tumbled heh

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

chitoryu12 posted:

I don't think "freshly laundered" would describe them after that.

I tumble dry poo poo all the time, slick

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

That's not my problem

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

dont gently caress it up maybe???

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Booblord Zagats posted:

I tumble dry poo poo all the time, slick

"poo poo" being the optimum word with this crew's laundry, probably.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

And on the subject of make believe, someone in the Airpower thread posted the F-22 Stealthcat :3:

0toShifty posted:

And since we're talking about swing-wings - how about another bad idea... the NATF concept. Of course, starting with the F-22, the Navy specified a totally different plane.

Not bad... little ham beast there

Urrrrgh not so good

"pls kill me"

bloops fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Aug 11, 2015

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 2 years!)

where is the air power thread at? Can someone do the needful and link me-- i'm almost there

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3373768

timma85
Feb 13, 2006
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N0rplcH32g
Crossposting from the eastern Europe thread. Highlights include Ukrainian separatists leisurely strolling across a field, followed by half-assed attempts to hit a tank with RPG's, BTR's getting smoked by a Ukrainian tank, and ending with a chaotic separatist withdrawal.

timma85 fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Aug 12, 2015

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
That all looked very organized.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

That thing in the lower left corner with the YouTube channel name is super annoying. Who the hell thought that was a good idea? For a guy whose videos are getting so many views, you'd think he'd have figured out a thing or two about video editing.

e: also, lol rebels

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

timma85 posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N0rplcH32g
Crossposting from the eastern Europe thread. Highlights include Ukrainian separatists leisurely strolling across a field, followed by half-assed attempts to hit a tank with RPG's, BTR's getting smoked by a Ukrainian tank, and ending with a chaotic separatist withdrawal.

From what I've read about the war, the separatists were getting their asses handed to them and were basically on the ropes until the Russians started seriously helping. When the militia are by themselves they make incredibly stupid decisions. I think there was an attempted assault on a town this year where they sent all of their tanks into the town by themselves and sent the infantry to flank around the outskirts. You can guess how that ended up.

My guess is that this is the aftermath of an artillery barrage. They were probably following old Soviet European ideas of "Drop massive amounts of artillery, rockets, and airstrikes on the enemy position and send in infantry in APCs to mop up." Only their strike wasn't really effective and they walked into at least one tank with no armor of their own except BTRs.

According to a Russian or Ukrainian forum, they recently assaulted this Ukrainian National Guard artillery position:

Dilettante.
Feb 18, 2011

Seemed to be going quite well until that burning BTR drove past with a screaming dude jumping out of it.

Ukranians busting out the deep storage relics.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

chitoryu12 posted:

From what I've read about the war, the separatists were getting their asses handed to them and were basically on the ropes until the Russians started seriously helping. When the militia are by themselves they make incredibly stupid decisions. I think there was an attempted assault on a town this year where they sent all of their tanks into the town by themselves and sent the infantry to flank around the outskirts. You can guess how that ended up.

My guess is that this is the aftermath of an artillery barrage. They were probably following old Soviet European ideas of "Drop massive amounts of artillery, rockets, and airstrikes on the enemy position and send in infantry in APCs to mop up." Only their strike wasn't really effective and they walked into at least one tank with no armor of their own except BTRs.

According to a Russian or Ukrainian forum, they recently assaulted this Ukrainian National Guard artillery position:

Are they launching potatoes?

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Godholio posted:

Are they launching potatoes?

Honestly, it looks like a propaganda position ("Look at this UANG position, no actual guns.") for Novorossia/Russian consumption. That or a phony position for either A) gunnery practice for artillery or B) for the Novoross troops to waste time/munitions on.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

So you're saying those AREN'T actually functioning potato cannons?

:thejoke:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Let's not jump to any conclusions based on a sole photograph. For all we know, those could very well be functioning potato cannons!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Coffeehitler posted:

Honestly, it looks like a propaganda position ("Look at this UANG position, no actual guns.") for Novorossia/Russian consumption. That or a phony position for either A) gunnery practice for artillery or B) for the Novoross troops to waste time/munitions on.

I got a really rough machine translation of the description of the photo, but it's B. The separatists were baited into attacking it for an ambush.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oggCllQi62E

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Spicy Guacamole posted:

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oggCllQi62E

Holy wow that general's speech at 2:00

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Zeris posted:

jesus christ that is seriously perfect

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I like the part at ~8:40 in this video where they describe an old field test for seeing if chemical weapons are still present at a dangerous level on the battlefield: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNMkAhgAeOU

It's literally "order one of your subordinates to take off his mask and take several deep breaths. Then have him put his mask on and observe for symptoms of exposure. Then make another one do the same thing a few minutes later." The only thing missing is "if he dies or becomes incapacitated, keep ordering your other soldiers to do the same thing until they stop dying/keeling over. Then you'll know it is safe to remove *your* mask."

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I feel like they should reissue this film, maybe add a section on not raping the locals or beating up cab drivers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGrHt3ZbQBs

:japan:

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Zeris posted:

Save your money for that sweet Mustang. Some things never change.

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I like the part at ~8:40 in this video where they describe an old field test for seeing if chemical weapons are still present at a dangerous level on the battlefield: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNMkAhgAeOU

It's literally "order one of your subordinates to take off his mask and take several deep breaths. Then have him put his mask on and observe for symptoms of exposure. Then make another one do the same thing a few minutes later." The only thing missing is "if he dies or becomes incapacitated, keep ordering your other soldiers to do the same thing until they stop dying/keeling over. Then you'll know it is safe to remove *your* mask."

I have news for you because that procedure is still used at least as recently as 2002. One of the common ways that the trainers made the initial road march and setup of the unit's base of operations more 'interesting' was to simulate a chemical agent attack somewhere along the way in or even just the threat of same which forced us recon guys to get all suited up in our protective gear, go through using an M256 chemical agent detection kit and finally run through the unmasking procedure with the newest private in the unit serving as the canary.

It probably is still done exactly the same way and the whole test and unmasking procedure takes about an hour to run through which isn't much fun because sitting around doing nothing in a gas mask, chemical suit, boots and gloves sucks, let alone tramping around an empty field to look for the nonexistent bad guys and doing the 256 kit which takes about 30 minutes to complete. By the end of it dudes practically volunteered to be the victim who could remove his gas mask first.

Arishtat fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Aug 14, 2015

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Arishtat posted:

I have news for you because that procedure is still used at least as recently as 2002. One of the common ways that the trainers made the initial road march and setup of the unit's base of operations more 'interesting' was to simulate a chemical agent attack somewhere along the way in or even just the threat of same which forced us recon guys to get all suited up in our protective gear, go through using an M256 chemical agent detection kit and finally run through the unmasking procedure with the newest private in the unit serving as the canary.

It probably is still done exactly the same way and the whole test and unmasking procedure takes about an hour to run through which isn't much fun because sitting around doing nothing in a gas mask, chemical suit, boots and gloves sucks, let alone tramping around an empty field to look for the nonexistent bad guys and doing the 256 kit which takes about 30 minutes to complete. By the end of it dudes practically volunteered to be the victim who could remove his gas mask first.

Complete with exaggerated choking deaths, dramatically grasping at your comrades as you pretend the light is fading from your eyes?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

chitoryu12 posted:

Complete with exaggerated choking deaths, dramatically grasping at your comrades as you pretend the light is fading from your eyes?

if some loving boot pulled that poo poo theyd probably wish they were actually dead

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

If I were that guy and poo poo was in the air, I'd overact Shatner-style to make everyone think I was joking and trick those fucks into joining me.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

After the pathology demo video in CBRN school we all solemnly swore we'd blow each others brains out if any of us ever got contaminated.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Naked Bear posted:

Let's not jump to any conclusions based on a sole photograph. For all we know, those could very well be functioning potato cannons!

No true Russian would waste a glorious potato on something as stupid as artillery.

Hair Is Spiders
Aug 15, 2015

by Ralp
A documentary on the SR-71:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDeAs1m-jeg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Sjurygg posted:

After the pathology demo video in CBRN school we all solemnly swore we'd blow each others brains out if any of us ever got contaminated.

Yeah I'm not loving around with "lucky" outcomes like dying slowly to super Ebola or VX making me paralytic.

• Locked thread