Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

The UI elements are just inline SVG, so that's a very weird bug you're experiencing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
No, no YouTube add-ons since YouTube Center quit doing its thing a while back (even the non-AMO version).

Marinmo
Jan 23, 2005

Prisoner #95H522 Augustus Hill

hooah posted:

No, no YouTube add-ons since YouTube Center quit doing its thing a while back (even the non-AMO version).
What? YouTubeCenter was updated not very long ago. Current version is 531. It was some 52x version for a really long time though.

Edit: talking dev builds

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

hooah posted:

Why can't I see most of the buttons on the new YouTube player when it's embedded?

I've tried enabling everything Google/YT-related in uMatrix as well as completely disabling uMatrix and uBlock, but no luck. Everything's peachy on YouTube proper.

Do you have HTTPS Everywhere installed? I have the same issue and disabling the Youtube rule for HTTPS Everywhere seems to fix it (after a shift-refresh).

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I do! I'll have to look I to this tomorrow.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Er, how do you do that? I can't find any options in HTTPS Everywhere that let you fiddle with rules.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

hooah posted:

Er, how do you do that? I can't find any options in HTTPS Everywhere that let you fiddle with rules.

Click on the HTTPS Everywhere toolbar icon (you may need to go to Customize to add it to your toolbar) then click the rule to toggle it. It only lets you toggle the rule when it applies to a page.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

hooah posted:

Why can't I see most of the buttons on the new YouTube player when it's embedded?

I've tried enabling everything Google/YT-related in uMatrix as well as completely disabling uMatrix and uBlock, but no luck. Everything's peachy on YouTube proper.

I get this some times in chrome. I also get a thing where the audio and the video start out of sync. Other times it works perfectly though?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Mr.Radar posted:

Click on the HTTPS Everywhere toolbar icon (you may need to go to Customize to add it to your toolbar) then click the rule to toggle it. It only lets you toggle the rule when it applies to a page.

This is all I get when I click on the HTTPS Everywhere icon:

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.
Right, if you select one of the rules listed there (in your picture, "Imgur.com" and "Google APIs"), it'll disable that rule. Do that while on a YouTube page and select "YouTube". Although, anecdotally, I have HTTPS Everywhere 5.0.7 on Firefox 39.0.3 and YouTube works fine with that rule enabled. :shrug:

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Oh, duh! Worked like a charm, thanks.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I've been using Video Downloadhelper for a while now to download videos from Youtube and other sites. Except now it seems it automatically wants to download them as adaptive files that require a converter. On a whim I grabbed the converter, it downloaded the video fine, but then popped up a notification saying "you've downloaded this video but we've slapped a gigantic loving watermark in the upper left corner, buy a license so this doesn't happen anymore!"

So gently caress those guys, what's another good, free firefox addon for video downloading? I was planning on sending them ten bucks or something when I hit a certain threshold of downloads, but balls to that if they're going to pull this stunt.

FWT THE CUTTER
Oct 16, 2007

weed

Captain Invictus posted:

I've been using Video Downloadhelper for a while now to download videos from Youtube and other sites. Except now it seems it automatically wants to download them as adaptive files that require a converter. On a whim I grabbed the converter, it downloaded the video fine, but then popped up a notification saying "you've downloaded this video but we've slapped a gigantic loving watermark in the upper left corner, buy a license so this doesn't happen anymore!"

So gently caress those guys, what's another good, free firefox addon for video downloading? I was planning on sending them ten bucks or something when I hit a certain threshold of downloads, but balls to that if they're going to pull this stunt.
Previous page:

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

YouTube Center Dev Build.

Adds a direct download link of any quality below the video.

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

So FF40 has introduced a bug where it's drawing its own titlebar icons on top of the actual Win10 ones, and in the process making them unclickable.

I can get rid of it by setting browser.tabs.drawintitlebar to false, but I don't want it setup like that.

Any way I can turn off FF attempting to provide it's own window controls and just use the ones provided by Windows?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Lum posted:

So FF40 has introduced a bug where it's drawing its own titlebar icons on top of the actual Win10 ones, and in the process making them unclickable.

I can get rid of it by setting browser.tabs.drawintitlebar to false, but I don't want it setup like that.

Any way I can turn off FF attempting to provide it's own window controls and just use the ones provided by Windows?

What happens if you create userChrome.css in %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<your-profile>\chrome with the contents

code:
@namespace url(http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul);
#window-controls { display:none!important; }
#titlebar {display: none !important;}
#main-window {-moz-appearance:none !important;}
and restart Firefox?

e: Added the proper css, woops.

Read fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Aug 11, 2015

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

Read posted:

What happens if you create userChrome.css in %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<your-profile>\chrome with the contents

code:
@namespace url([url]http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul[/url]);
#window-controls { display:none!important; }
#titlebar {display: none !important;}
#main-window {-moz-appearance:none !important;}
and restart Firefox?

e: Added the proper css, woops.

Addedn that to the top of my existing userchrome. The buttons now appear correctly but are not clickable.

Had to remove the main-window entry as it was making it 100% transparent so you can see my desktop.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh

Lum posted:

I assume you've tried safe mode and removing any existing userChrome.css that you have? Is your font scaling in Windows set to something non-default? If neither of those help, I've mentioned DOM Inspector in this thread before, and it'd probably be your best bet to futz with the CSS until something works. If you can conclude that the problem is in Firefox somewhere, please file a bug too. :)

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!
I just upgraded to 40, and the very annoying (to me) infobar that says "Allow domain.dom to run "Adobe Flash"? [Continue Blocking] [Allow]" has returned at the top of most pages.

I've been using the "click to play per element" add-on, is that what was responsible for hiding this? Do I just need to wait for it to get updated? Or is there something else that blocked this that I need to look into fixing? Anyone else in this same boat?

Edit: I had to go to this setting and set it to true. I wonder if it got reset?
code:
about:config?filter=extensions.uaSad@ClickToPlayPerElement.styles.hidePluginNotifications
Edit 2: Okay, more than that is wrong. Something must have gone weird. I reverted my profile to a backup copy, reinstalled the latest version of click to play per element, and now things seem to be working right.

xamphear fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Aug 11, 2015

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

Avenging Dentist posted:

I assume you've tried safe mode and removing any existing userChrome.css that you have? Is your font scaling in Windows set to something non-default? If neither of those help, I've mentioned DOM Inspector in this thread before, and it'd probably be your best bet to futz with the CSS until something works. If you can conclude that the problem is in Firefox somewhere, please file a bug too. :)

The problem is I'm using the extension Tabs On Bottom to push the navbar up into the titlebar area. I then did a little userchrome hack to add 150px padding to the right of the navbar so the window controls still worked.

It seems in FF40 the navbar is drawn on top of the window controls, where previously it was drawn underneath.

Is there a userchrome hack to make it click through? or instead of padding just push the rightmost edge left by 150px?

Edit:
Ok I've got the close buttons working with:
code:
#nav-bar { padding-right: 150px !important;
           max-height: 37px !important;
	   min-height: 37px !important;
	   pointer-events: none !important;}

#nav-bar::after { pointer-events: all !important;}
But that last setting, which I was hoping would allow the toolbar items to be clickable again, doesn't seem to work. Which setting should I be using?

Lum fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Aug 11, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

FWT THE CUTTER posted:

Previous page:
Thanks duder.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Speaking of Firefox userChrome.css, anyone know how to make the url bar here flush with the edges of the tab bar (specifically expanding it to the bottom and right).

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

Ok this works but doesn't fix the doubled-up images

code:
/* Move navbar over, for when it's in the titlebar */
#nav-bar { padding-right: 150px !important;
           max-height: 37px !important;
	   min-height: 37px !important;
	   pointer-events: none !important;}

#nav-bar * { pointer-events: all !important;}
Also I can't properly pin FF to taskbar in Win10, it always creates a separate icon for the running process :(

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

Found the problem with the close buttons.

FF on Windows 10 does not honour your windows theme choices.
Pic taken on a fresh profile.

Doesn't look too bad but combine with userchrome hacks and all hell breaks loose.

Marinmo
Jan 23, 2005

Lum posted:

Found the problem with the close buttons.

FF on Windows 10 does not honour your windows theme choices.
Pic taken on a fresh profile.

Doesn't look too bad but combine with userchrome hacks and all hell breaks loose.

It's so ironic it doesn't need a punchline. Why'd they choose the grey colour? If they were going to wing it anyway, why not make it white like the default theme does to explorer windows?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Ever since imgur crapped out a few days ago and/or Firefox updated to 40 I've lost the ability to view timg's on the forums. I originally thought it was SALR or something but even using safe mode doesn't make them work. E: Might have jumped the gun on this, looks like it's just my work PC that is having issues. I could have sworn I saw it at home too but I guess not.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Aug 12, 2015

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

Marinmo posted:

It's so ironic it doesn't need a punchline. Why'd they choose the grey colour? If they were going to wing it anyway, why not make it white like the default theme does to explorer windows?

Windows 10 themes don't change the titlebar color. The app maker decides on color.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
So, uh, Google Maps is now giving me a black map. It'll load fine, then the tab loading indicator spins again and I just see black, except the search box and related bits. I've tried disabling uMatrix, uBlock, HTTPS Everywhere, and Privacy Badger, and still the same problem. Is there a quick way to try a new profile without touching my current one?

Edit: Interestingly, this doesn't happen on my laptop with the same Firefox profile and extensions. The only difference I can figure is the desktop has Windows 10 Pro and the laptop has 10 Home. Both have Firefox 40.

hooah fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Aug 12, 2015

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

hooah posted:

The only difference I can figure is the desktop has Windows 10 Pro and the laptop has 10 Home. Both have Firefox 40.

Probably also different GPU's and drivers.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

MikusR posted:

Probably also different GPU's and drivers.

Yeah, I wasn't thinking about hardware at all; I forget how much of a role that plays in modern web browsers, especially the GPU. Desktop's got a nVidia GTX 460.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!
I've been having weird font issues since the update to 40. Some sites look antialiased, but somehow lose that if I scroll quickly. Others look smooth while loading but get jaggy when it's finished. Poorly recorded example gif: http://i.giphy.com/xTiTnH8a139JseYjeg.gif

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice

The Dark One posted:

I've been having weird font issues since the update to 40. Some sites look antialiased, but somehow lose that if I scroll quickly. Others look smooth while loading but get jaggy when it's finished. Poorly recorded example gif: http://i.giphy.com/xTiTnH8a139JseYjeg.gif
Do you have the latest graphics drivers installed?

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!

Alereon posted:

Do you have the latest graphics drivers installed?

Yup, GeForce Windows 10 Driver version 353.62 on a GTX 760.

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

Well I've got it mostly back how I like it. Shame the titlebar buttons don't match the rest of Windows, and I had to hardcode the colour rather than taking it from the Windows theme, but I can deal with that. As an added bonus I somehow managed to colour in the sidebar too!

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

MikusR posted:

Windows 10 themes don't change the titlebar color. The app maker decides on color.

Some Windows 10 themes do, just not the default one.

VirtualStranger
Aug 20, 2012

:lol:
What do I have to add in uBlock to get rid of these "sponsored articles" that appear everywhere?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Select the eyedropper and then ctrl-click on what you want to get rid of. Using the control keys adds a wildcard which removes the add from every page.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

hooah posted:

So, uh, Google Maps is now giving me a black map. It'll load fine, then the tab loading indicator spins again and I just see black, except the search box and related bits. I've tried disabling uMatrix, uBlock, HTTPS Everywhere, and Privacy Badger, and still the same problem. Is there a quick way to try a new profile without touching my current one?

Edit: Interestingly, this doesn't happen on my laptop with the same Firefox profile and extensions. The only difference I can figure is the desktop has Windows 10 Pro and the laptop has 10 Home. Both have Firefox 40.
Easiest way is Help > Restart with Add-ons Disabled. It's not a true clean profile, but if it's an add-on issue that might catch it.

The quickest way to do a true new profile is to go to C:\Users\whatever\AppData\Roaming and rename the Mozilla directory to Mozilla.bak or something. The next time you launch Firefox it'll start with a blank profile. When you want to go back just delete the new Mozilla folder it created and rename Mozilla.bak back to Mozilla.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
So, there is apparently a bug with Firefox 40 and the latest NVIDIA drivers for Windows 10. Mozilla has blacklisted the driver and disabled Direct2D/DirectWrite in Firefox. If things are a tearing, jittery mess, and things don't look right, check your about:support to see if hardware acceleration was disabled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marinmo
Jan 23, 2005

Nalin posted:

So, there is apparently a bug with Firefox 40 and the latest NVIDIA drivers for Windows 10. Mozilla has blacklisted the driver and disabled Direct2D/DirectWrite in Firefox. If things are a tearing, jittery mess, and things don't look right, check your about :support to see if hardware acceleration was disabled.
This is probably the root cause of 99.9 % of the problems people are seeing. Just checked for myself, and just like you said:
code:
Direct2D Enabled	Blocked for your graphics driver version.
Until this is fixed somehow, I'd hold off on doing anything to your Firefox install. Boggles the mind they'd release 40 with this (major) blocker still in it, most people on Win10 will have that combination I'd bet ... But then again it's Mozilla, mindbogglingly thoughtless decisions somehow seems to be the norm :confused:

Do you have a Mozilla bugzilla URI or somesuch handy so one could follow this mess?