Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Robotnik Nudes posted:

gently caress u.Someone tried to make an arghument for Simarillion literalism and that's a heresy you loving apostate.
I ignored him because he is misremembering the creation story in the silmarillion anyway. ;)

edit: weirdly, Tolkien and Moldbug do share one thing in common - they spend a lot of time making up fantasy languages.

BobHoward posted:

Nah. As in all else, he is a motherfucking attention seeking loon who's trying way too hard to be clever.

https://github.com/urbit/urbit/blob/master/urb/zod/arvo/behn.hoon

Loon, hoon, kyoooooooooon
why does it suddenly say "hard kiss" in parenths, midway down?

coyo7e has a new favorite as of 09:42 on Aug 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Woolie Wool posted:

They won't have computers or any other advanced technologies for very long with a society like that.
Naw, haven't you read Anathem? They'll be techno-monks, virtually living gods of knowledge!

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

I think their position isn't actually scientific but brute economics: "we "invest" into these people, and yet they refuse to improve, clearly we need to rethink our portfolio and our approach to these toxic properties"

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I think their position isn't actually scientific but brute economics: "we "invest" into these people, and yet they refuse to improve, clearly we need to rethink our portfolio and our approach to these toxic properties"
Unfortunately in these watered down, politically-correct times, it's become harder and harder to bundle those people up and sell them to unsuspecting consumers.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

DarklyDreaming posted:

They probably exist but considering how far to the left Scotland swings in most elections they are definitely not True Scotsmen :v:

A guy who owned (I say owned 'cause I think he's dead now) a local comic store near where I live in Glasgow canvassed for UKIP last itme I saw him. Don't know if he was natively-born or not, though.

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

coyo7e posted:

why does it suddenly say "hard kiss" in parenths, midway down?

You missed the "hobo kiss", just after a "hen=duct". As to why, well, I refuse to actually try to learn hoon so I can't help you there friend.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Does Yarvin ever give an explanation for the extremely high time cube factor of the whole thing? WHY does it look so insane? Why doesn't he use "def" and "for" and "if" like any other programming language?

Or am I looking at this the wrong way and should rather compare it to Assembler than to C or Python?

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Guillaume would be appalled and disgusted to be used as a starting point for this awful screed.

Cingulate posted:

Does Yarvin ever give an explanation for the extremely high time cube factor of the whole thing? WHY does it look so insane? Why doesn't he use "def" and "for" and "if" like any other programming language?
Or am I looking at this the wrong way and should rather compare it to Assembler than to C or Python?

Imagine the original 1950s Lisp is the first punk rock band. Primitive, but vital and important. Now imagine Urbit is the 10,000th.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

quote:

the willingness to confront and espouse biological and economic reality with ‘Spock-like’ logic without worrying about hurting people’s feelings.
Spock was actually kind of an idiot though. If you know that other species don't customarily go around with a stick up their rear end and repress their emotions like you do, acting towards them as if their emotions don't exist is both illogical and stupid.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Woolie Wool posted:

Spock was actually kind of an idiot though. If you know that other species don't customarily go around with a stick up their rear end and repress their emotions like you do, acting towards them as if their emotions don't exist is both illogical and stupid.
A good application of Death of the Au- :commissar:

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
When Moldbug dies, will he have to have an urbituary?

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I want a word filter that replaces "politically correct" with "actually correct".

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

LordSaturn posted:

I want a word filter that replaces "politically correct" with "actually correct".

Will this do?

Curvature of Earth
Sep 9, 2011

Projected cost of
invading Canada:
$900

Autistics shall RULE THE WORLD posted:

the willingness to confront and espouse biological and economic reality with ‘Spock-like’ logic without worrying about hurting people’s feelings.

Speaking as someone who's actually autistic: we're not robots. More importantly, we're not assholes (at least, we're not assholes at any greater rate than the rest of the population), and I wish assholes would stop projecting their terrible motives onto us.

We have emotions, and we value other people's feelings, we just don't express that emotion in ways others understand easily, and in turn have trouble understanding the feelings of others. Most autistics (at least, those who aren't assholes) feel really bad when they realize they've hurt somebody's feelings, it's just that many times we don't realize that we have, and we're not necessarily any good at expressing that remorse.

(And far from worshipping at the altar of logic, I've noticed that autistics tend to love to read and write melodrama, because while others may find it trite, for us, it's a genre where emotions are spelled out clearly and unambiguously. A lot of us are gigantic saps, and are horrified at the idea of deliberately hurting people's feelings.)

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Curvature of Earth posted:

Speaking as someone who's actually autistic: we're not robots. More importantly, we're not assholes (at least, we're not assholes at any greater rate than the rest of the population), and I wish assholes would stop projecting their terrible motives onto us.

We have emotions, and we value other people's feelings, we just don't express that emotion in ways others understand easily, and in turn have trouble understanding the feelings of others. Most autistics (at least, those who aren't assholes) feel really bad when they realize they've hurt somebody's feelings, it's just that many times we don't realize that we have, and we're not necessarily any good at expressing that remorse.

(And far from worshipping at the altar of logic, I've noticed that autistics tend to love to read and write melodrama, because while others may find it trite, for us, it's a genre where emotions are spelled out clearly and unambiguously. A lot of us are gigantic saps, and are horrified at the idea of deliberately hurting people's feelings.)
I would be amazed if these people were actually medically autistic. Perhaps they are on the spectrum a bit, but in many cases it seems more like "aha! a diagnosis! this diagnosis means I can be a shitlord and it's not my fault! now why can't all these people take personal responsibility for being born with inferior, negrous genes?"

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

DStecks posted:

Somebody called me a cuck today in the comments for my YouTube video. Before this moment I hadn't accepted that there are really people who do this.

The cuck thing is incredible because if you attacked an opponent in a heated debate by saying "your right wing beliefs are based in sexual inadequacy and a fear of/fixation on black mens penises" you'd just sound like a pseud trying to insult them with weaksauce freudian burn. But thats literally their rallying cry.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

massive spider posted:

But thats literally their rallying cry.
You've got to remember that these are simple software programmers. People of the keyboard. The common clay of mostly inconsequential technological progress.

You know, morons.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

BobHoward posted:

You missed the "hobo kiss", just after a "hen=duct". As to why, well, I refuse to actually try to learn hoon so I can't help you there friend.
Well supposedly they are mnemonic based or something? So I'd say a hobo is probably a temporary (transient) variable, maybe?

dumb bunny
Jan 30, 2014

Fun Shoe
Hoon uses 1 to 4 letter names for everything. It gives arbitrary new names to existing concepts in order to appear obscure while not doing anything actually novel or interesting.

If you feel like deciphering it, "hobo" is defined here along with useful names for some of the definitions in comments.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

quote:

IMMANENTIZE THE ESCHATON!

What the gently caress does this even mean?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

A White Guy posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immanentize_the_eschaton

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Nessus posted:

I would be amazed if these people were actually medically autistic. Perhaps they are on the spectrum a bit, but in many cases it seems more like "aha! a diagnosis! this diagnosis means I can be a shitlord and it's not my fault! now why can't all these people take personal responsibility for being born with inferior, negrous genes?"

rear end in a top hat Personality Disorder

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

luzie posted:

Hoon uses 1 to 4 letter names for everything. It gives arbitrary new names to existing concepts in order to appear obscure while not doing anything actually novel or interesting.

If you feel like deciphering it, "hobo" is defined here along with useful names for some of the definitions in comments.
I was being facetious. I majored in software engineering. I just think that the old "How to Write Unmaintainable Code" keeps being remade by idiots who don't even recognize what kind of absurd waste of time they're performing. I've known people with enormous abbreviation libs just to save themselves typing entire descriptive words, and they are either bad at coding, or insufferable idiots in most other things. Good programming practise is a team affair, and creating a super secret decoder ring just to write out normal poo poo, is something that most of us got over with back when we stopped eating Cracker Jacks.

I like that despite hobo being a kiss wrapper, he still has to write kiss on the same line. Maybe kiss is just a basic term for an object. No, I don't actually care past thinking about it amusedly for a moment in passing.

A White Guy posted:

Read R. A. Wilson's Illuminatus!

coyo7e has a new favorite as of 02:35 on Aug 14, 2015

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Illuminatus! is super-dated but it's still pretty fun.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Pope Guilty posted:

It was dated when I read it, which was probably before some posters in this thread were born...

Merdifex
May 13, 2015

by Shine
Neoreactionary argues, poorly, that white flight is ethnic cleansing. Is this any different from standard WN "white genocide" bullshit?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Merdifex posted:

Neoreactionary argues, poorly, that white flight is ethnic cleansing. Is this any different from standard WN "white genocide" bullshit?

I don’t agree with your analysis of why whites left the cities. It fails on several accounts. First, the promotion of non-reproductive sex and abortion has been targeted far more to blacks and hispanics. Abortion clinics and planned parenthoods are located in their neighborhoods for a reason. And they’ve been successful at their little project. Black fertility rates now hover just at replacement.

Second, the type of white who does live in the city tends to be precisely the over educated careerist, that is, the Sex and the City type. So pushing education and careers isn’t what is pushing whites out of the cities.

Third, cities are known for having lower birthrates then surrounding countryside and small towns. This is true worldwide and throughout history. It’s true in monoethnic Japan. It was true in ancient Rome.

Fourth, cities are not good places to raise children. They’re like mouse utopia. Who the hell wants to live in a little box stacked on other boxes? Cities are crowded, dirty, noisy, crime ridden and dangerous.

I think the reason most whites left was because they had the werewithal to do so. Crime and schools were probably the primary motivators.

Your arguments hold up better if you are discussing overall white demographics for the whole nation, not just cities. Whites do have the lowest fertility rate of all groups, save Asians. Between that and inundating our country with non-white immigrants the progs will have succeeded beyond their wildest dreams: a white minority in America.

I do hope the progs enjoy being stuffed in their crumbling cities with their new brown friends. When the whole thing blows they can burn with their cities.

GottaPayDaTrollToll
Dec 3, 2009

by Lowtax

MizPiz posted:

I don’t agree with your analysis of why whites left the cities. It fails on several accounts. First, the promotion of non-reproductive sex and abortion has been targeted far more to blacks and hispanics. Abortion clinics and planned parenthoods are located in their neighborhoods for a reason. And they’ve been successful at their little project. Black fertility rates now hover just at replacement.

Second, the type of white who does live in the city tends to be precisely the over educated careerist, that is, the Sex and the City type. So pushing education and careers isn’t what is pushing whites out of the cities.

Third, cities are known for having lower birthrates then surrounding countryside and small towns. This is true worldwide and throughout history. It’s true in monoethnic Japan. It was true in ancient Rome.

Fourth, cities are not good places to raise children. They’re like mouse utopia. Who the hell wants to live in a little box stacked on other boxes? Cities are crowded, dirty, noisy, crime ridden and dangerous.

I think the reason most whites left was because they had the werewithal to do so. Crime and schools were probably the primary motivators.

Your arguments hold up better if you are discussing overall white demographics for the whole nation, not just cities. Whites do have the lowest fertility rate of all groups, save Asians. Between that and inundating our country with non-white immigrants the progs will have succeeded beyond their wildest dreams: a white minority in America.

I do hope the progs enjoy being stuffed in their crumbling cities with their new brown friends. When the whole thing blows they can burn with their cities.

Source Your Quotes

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
One of the comments on that "article".

Merdifex
May 13, 2015

by Shine

GottaPayDaTrollToll posted:

Source Your Quotes

You really should. I thought at first you were a neoreactionary yourself (MizPiz, that is) who assumed that I wrote that article and disagree with me. If anyone assumes me to be Henry Dampier, that's something I'll take great offense to.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
I wanted to see if I could make one of those "quote without the [quote]" posts, but I never stopped to considered if I should. :ohdear:

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

MizPiz posted:

I wanted to see if I could make one of those "quote without the [quote]" posts, but I never stopped to considered if I should. :ohdear:

:justpost:

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
/r/Anarcho_Reaction. This fuckin' sub. Basically The Right Stuff as a subreddit, i.e. neo-Nazis with some neoreactionary jargon.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

MizPiz posted:

We have managed to raise the cuck potential by 333%. Mandingo will breed your wives, and it will be televised.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Pope Guilty posted:

I ruined my first reading of this by focusing too much on the libertarian stuff at the forefront, and only realized what it was really about at the end. It's a good read though.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

chaos rhames posted:

I ruined my first reading of this by focusing too much on the libertarian stuff at the forefront, and only realized what it was really about at the end. It's a good read though.

Yeah, especially if you take Hagbard Celine to be the author insert he only partially is (he's as much Ragnar Nordicname from Atlas Shrugged as anything), rather than just one player on the general side he's on, it's easy to mistake the book for something it's not.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
holy poo poo someone took Illuminatus! unironically

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

divabot posted:

/r/Anarcho_Reaction. This fuckin' sub. Basically The Right Stuff as a subreddit, i.e. neo-Nazis with some neoreactionary jargon.

Oh lordy, they included a recommended reading list. Two recommended reading lists, rather. Stolen straight from /r/Anarcho_capitalism/ to boot.

quote:

Race, IQ, and Immigration
Macdonald, The Culture of Critique
Auster, The Path to National Suicide
Levin, Why Race Matters
Brimelow, Alien Nation
Rothbard, Race! That Murray Book
Rothbard, Pat Buchanan and the Menace Anti-Anti Semitism
New Century Foundation, The Color of Crime
Lynn, The Global Bell Curve
Newton, The New Liberal Dilemna: Social Trust in Mixed Societies
Fisher v United States University of Texas
Letki, Does Diversity Erode Social Cohesion? Social Capital and Race in British Neighbourhoods
Robertson, The Dispossessed Majority
Robertson, The Ethnostate
Gimpel, Immigration's Impact on Republic Political Prospects, 1980 to 2012
Patten & Lopez, Are Unauthorized Immigrants Overwhelmingly Democrats?

quote:

The Leftist Agenda
Marcuse, A Critique of Pure Tolerance (seminal text on the ideology of politically correct tolerance)
Richwine, IQ and Immigration Policy
Huntford, The New Totalitarians
Buchanan, State of Emergency: The Third World Invasion and Conquest of America
Last, The True Color of Race and Crime
Walker, Oslo Police: Nearly All Rapes Are Committed by Non-Western Men
Newton, The New Liberal Dilemna: Social Trust in Mixed Societies

[...]

Economics
Hayek, Use of Knowledge in Society
Hayek, Socialism: The Fatal Conceit
Rothbard, Making Economic Sense
Moyo, Dead Aid
Jasay, Social Contract, Free Ride
Osterfield, Anarchism and Public Goods

It's like a who's who of disingenuous shitheads. Murray Rothbard, Hans Hermann Hoppe, Pat Robertson, etc. And then Bakunin awkwardly shoved in there in the proud :ancap: tradition of "citing people who would bash our heads in if they ever met us."

edit: gently caress, one of the more prolific link-posters has "Breivikist" as a label next to his name. :catstare:

Goon Danton has a new favorite as of 15:20 on Aug 14, 2015

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

I like that they recommend you only read right-wingers talking poo poo about leftists and not, you know, what actual leftists believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Pope Guilty posted:

I like that they recommend you only read right-wingers talking poo poo about leftists and not, you know, what actual leftists believe.

Marcuse is an actual leftist, but they're just employing him as a club to beat other leftists with.