Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

Telegraph:

The Ashes trophy, which England just won.

Times:

Mail:

Stephen Collins:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tdrules
Jan 12, 2014
A surprisingly good cartoon from Stephen Collins.

He seems to really shine when he isn't doing ~~~Middle Class Problems~~~

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

I dunno, isn't 'what do I put on my voicemail when I'm going on holiday' a middle class problem? I mean I like the joke at the end but I'm pretty sure this is Stephen Collins's weekend, with ducks

Still better than 'thing happened, starring the Labour party candidates' theme though

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Most male ducks are rapists and plenty are necrophiliacs, so I hope it's not Stephen Collins's weekend. I'm already terrified of anyone British and moderately famous after the past few years.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

If... 27-30 July

This week's If ties in with this editorial Bell strip that was posted earlier in the thread:

At first I thought the "part 2" was just referencing the original photo. However, it's actually a callback to a Bell cartoon from 1997, when Labour swept to power:

And in If-land "nipped his nuts" is more than just a euphemism of course:

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
"Deterrent-proof"

Coohoolin fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Aug 9, 2015

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

Sunday Telegraph:

Independent on Sunday:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Impressed that Riddell managed to restrain himself and not stick a great big label on the cricket bat saying "CRICKET"

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

forkboy84 posted:

Impressed that Riddell managed to restrain himself and not stick a great big label on the cricket bat saying "CRICKET"

He got the finer details of Trump's 'do right

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

forkboy84 posted:

Fixed.

I couldn't find a rhyming label for Trump :angel:

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
That's great.

Guavanaut posted:

Fixed.

"Hat" on the toupee.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Guavanaut posted:

Fixed.

You are a good and noble man Guavanaut, thank you for that.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Cloud Potato posted:

Sunday Telegraph:

But the torygraph told me that all labour's money came from burly uncouth union bosses?

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

Guavanaut posted:

Fixed.

Twat would of done it

But still good all the same.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

Clause 4 - Wikipedia

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Allegations of doping in London Marathons.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

That's preety much an accuate representation of what's going on even if Corbyn isn't outright bringing back Clause 4.

Love it.

It shows that Corbyn has had enough and is going to win the election four times by fixing things on to the path of clause 4 as he travels through the dead wasteland that Tony Blair brought havok on. A good cartoon.

Also Corbyn should be going left not right Adams. Christ, get on the ball.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I, for one, welcome resurgence of anti-communist (and anti-semitic) caricatures from decades ago.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Guavanaut posted:

"Prat", surely?

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

Delusibeta posted:

"Prat", surely?

I still think Twat is better.

Because it not only rhymes. It's also more accurate because he is in fact, a twat.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Extreme0 posted:

I still think Twat is better.

Because it not only rhymes. It's also more accurate because he is in fact, a twat.

Why do you think he used :angel:?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Overminty posted:

Why do you think he used :angel:?

Why, that's just his innocent face.

nuzak
Feb 13, 2012

Paladinus posted:

I, for one, welcome resurgence of anti-communist (and anti-semitic) caricatures from decades ago.

isn't the point of the cartoon to mock the hysterical red-baiting from the right as well as the shiny-eyes hope of the left

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Corbyn meeting the devil at a crossroads and refusing to do a deal with him?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Corbyn sticks to his beliefs and turns away from the grass that looks greener.

That is a terrible Blair. I assume it's meant to be him anyway.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

Telegraph:

Times:

Mail:
MAC on... the European Health Insurance Card scandal

'Nein, nein. Not your credit card. Haf you got a British NHS European Health Insurance Card?'

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

nuzak posted:

isn't the point of the cartoon to mock the hysterical red-baiting from the right as well as the shiny-eyes hope of the left

It's Guardian, so obviously it is. Doesn't mean there shouldn't be more of those.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

I just noticed Osbourne making off with the swag in the background there. :eyepop:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

Telegraph:

Start of grouse hunting season.

Independent:

:shrug:

Times:

How the EU's billions fund Brussels Beanos

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent:

:shrug:

This'll be a reference to Michelle Mone, the businesswoman and has been enlisted by the Conservatives to tell all those poors to get their bootstraps working again and start small businesses. She used to be a model and founded a company that sold lingerie, hence Cameron in a bra.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
I don't usually approve of going after people on a personal level but Wings collected a bunch of her tweets that ALWAYS feature her fancy London flat patio. She tweets pictures of her deck a LOT.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The national sovereignty thing is one of the things that, on the balance of it, I like about the EU.

Until there are some strong internal checks and balances on the UK government then checks from above are probably a good idea.

There's good points against them, but I guess the Times isn't going to go with "My dad opposes neoliberalism and dangerous trade deals."

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Yeah that reads like Mallard Fillmore or something

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Angepain posted:

This'll be a reference to Michelle Mone, the businesswoman and has been enlisted by the Conservatives to tell all those poors to get their bootstraps working again and start small businesses. She used to be a model and founded a company that sold lingerie, hence Cameron in a bra.

Also she's been held up as a great example of success and a prominent 'No' campaigner yet it's just emerged her business is in trouble, having posted a loss of over half a million in the last 18 months and only making a profit of £1400 in the 12 months preceding that.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

Concerns over possible voter fraud in the Labour leader election.

Telegraph:

You don't need to show your boarding pass at airport shops to get stuff tax-free. I think.

Independent:

Times:

Mail:

‘All agreed then? Loadsa money, debt cleared – we put the lot on Jeremy Corbyn to win’

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Cloud Potato posted:

Telegraph:

You don't need to show your boarding pass at airport shops to get stuff tax-free. I think.

It's something about how the government doesn't collect VAT if you're flying out of the EU, and the shops check your pass to see where you're going. But instead of giving you the pre-VAT price some shops have just been charging the sticker price and keeping the money, which isn't illegal, but some MPs are very annoyed. And people have been withholding their passes so the shops always have to assume they need to pay the VAT, or something

nuzak
Feb 13, 2012

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:

‘All agreed then? Loadsa money, debt cleared – we put the lot on Jeremy Corbyn to win’

ahahah what the gently caress is this comic even saying

"greece has money now"?

just what

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Also that if they put the lot on Corbyn when they first got the loan they'd stand to be very rich now.

Corbyn started as an outsider and fast became the frontrunner. A good cartoon.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

nuzak posted:

ahahah what the gently caress is this comic even saying

"greece has money now"?

just what

Greece is going to waste their EU UNFAIR bailout money on the UNELECTABLE Corbyn.

Also nearly all Greek MP's are half bald men with mustaches.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

Blair meddling with the Labour leadership contest; soldiers' families threaten to sue over delays to the Chilcott Iraq War Inquiry.

Telegraph:

A-Level results day.

Independent:

Times:

Mail:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

That's practically a Kelly cartoon right there

HEHEHEH - PREDATORY AIRPORT WORKERS

Loving that dread lich Blair though, that guy's always so full of energy. He wants to be involved in everything!

• Locked thread