Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Did someone explain why 19 looked like fat chiaotzu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Cell can't absorb fully mechanical beings though? 17 and 18 were cyborgs. 16, 19 and 20 were robots (other than the Gero brain).

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Man now I'm remembering from when I was a kid and I had the goofy idea that Cell would have looked different if he'd eaten 18 first and then 17

Also personal head canon is that Gero stole the techniques needed to create Cell from Dr Wheelo, Dr Kochin, and that scientist from Bio-Broly since Cell has more in common with the Bio-Warriors than with anything else Gero's made(likewise Dr Wheelo and Dr Kochin stole from Dr Gero to make Wheelo's cybernetic shell, and Kochin's Android body)

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Machai posted:

At the point where Goku went off-planet, Gero had already kinda abandoned Cell to the AI that was raising him. The AI collected Freeza's DNA without Gero's knowledge so Gero also had no idea about the whole super saiyan business.

Gero monitored Goku to guesstimate where he'd be in power. When Goku went off-planet, Gero stopped bothering, said "I've got enough," and based his projections on his power growth to that point. Therefore, he made himself and 19 somewhere around where SSJ was initially (to dominate a non SSJ Goku), with the power to suck out energy from their hands to become more powerful. However Goku increased way more than he thought.

Cell was an automatic process and was a bit different. I'm talking about what Gero was personally doing, and him being dumb for stopping so early.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I know what you're saying but it's sort of hilarious phrased that way. "Well, he guesstimated the power he'd need and made himself as strong as a legendary super-being who almost effortlessly dominated the strongest person in the galaxy."

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

ImpAtom posted:

I know what you're saying but it's sort of hilarious phrased that way. "Well, he guesstimated the power he'd need and made himself as strong as a legendary super-being who almost effortlessly dominated the strongest person in the galaxy."

Honestly Gero should have patted himself on the back for managing to get anywhere near that accurate.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Is there a reason for why, after figuring out the correct numbers to be stronger than Goku, Gero didn't just multiply that by like a million just to make sure no one could ever stop him?

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Is there a reason for why, after figuring out the correct numbers to be stronger than Goku, Gero didn't just multiply that by like a million just to make sure no one could ever stop him?

Considering how much stronger he and 19 were than saiyan saga Goku, isn't that exactly what he did?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

18 beat the poo poo out of Vegeta who's easily more powerful than Trunks, so basically mission accomplished. A time chamber was required to get past that level of strength.

SexyBrianPuppet
Oct 5, 2010

remember, you are talking to the pranking MASTER.
Dr. Gero's only mistake was not making cooler looking robot bodies for 19 and himself so they could impress Toriyama's editor and remain the strongest bad guys.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Yeah, huh, I guess he actually DID do that.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Why didn't Cell ever use kaioken?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

facebook jihad posted:

Kaiowhat?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

facebook jihad posted:

My best guess is that he was effectively using Super Saiyan boosts since he had a gold aura and eventually had the blue arcs to go along with it.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
How strong do you think Cell would be if he ever trained?

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Did someone explain why 19 looked like fat chiaotzu

"Dragon Ball Q&A" section, Dragon Ball Full Color Androids Saga volume 1, 2014 posted:

Android 19 is the final android designed by Dr. Gero to be created exclusively from synthetic technology (although in some alternate timelines this respect goes to Android 16). The android was modeled after a doll decorating the command center of an enemy base, which Dr. Gero brought home as a trophy.

Best answer you'll get.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Mraagvpeine posted:

Read DBM :)

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Mraagvpeine posted:

As strong as the story needed him to be :v:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Mraagvpeine posted:

He has Freeza's cells, and since cells determine literally everything about a person, he should be able to overcome SSGSS Goku in about four months. And since he has Goku's cells, he'll know the importance of actually controlling said power so he'll actually go beyond Golden Freeza and just turn into an invincible supergod.

Super Perfect God Super Perfect Cell.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Yeah, huh, I guess he actually DID do that.

Yeah, I kind of touched on that before. He multiplied himself so huge as to go around/above Freeza, who he had never heard of, just because he expected Goku to get to around where Piccolo ended up the Freeza saga. He did ridiculous overkill. And with the other three artificial humans, even more so.

Too bad he didn't factor TIME TRAVEL in to the Goku's bullshit equation!

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Blaze Dragon posted:

He has Freeza's cells, and since cells determine literally everything about a person, he should be able to overcome SSGSS Goku in about four months. And since he has Goku's cells, he'll know the importance of actually controlling said power so he'll actually go beyond Golden Freeza and just turn into an invincible supergod.

Super Perfect God Super Perfect Cell.

Yup. He has Freeza's gold natural training potential, PLUS the ability to become stronger after near death, and regeneration. Dragon Ball Super should pretty much just be Cell going to different universes looking for a halfway decent fight.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

wait is Cell going to come back in DBS?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yes

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

StrifeHira posted:

Best answer you'll get.

Theyre both based on the Jiangshi (chinese vampire), which are described as having pale white skin, clothes from ancient China, stiff movement, and are known for stealing life energy/ki.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Machai posted:

wait is Cell going to come back in DBS?

Nothing is confirmed beyond Battle of Gods and Ressurection F material.

Likely, Fat Beerus will get an arc.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Covok posted:

Likely, Fat Beerus will get an arc.

A big round one

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I wonder if Fat Beerus was going to be the villain of the final film in the Battle of Gods trilogy.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

What if Fat Beerus is just Broly in an elaborate disguise

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

What if Fat Beerus is just Broly in an elaborate disguise

Then Super is saved. Also Lady Whis is Zangya.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
"You can forget me as a reference!"

Colonel Violet: smartest Dragon Ball villain/henchman

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I would rather Cell come back than see Toei retread BoG and RF

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Cell returns from Hell stronger than ever to settle things with Gohan, is very disappointed.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Squallege posted:

Cell returns from Hell stronger than ever to settle things with Gohan, is very disappointed.

"You-You've gotten weaker? When does that even happen in this show? How does that even happen? This is honestly perplexing to me."

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Squallege posted:

Where now? I only know of HFIL.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Farecoal posted:

"You can forget me as a reference!"

Colonel Violet: smartest Dragon Ball villain/henchman

Colonel Violet was a weird character. I mean what was the point of her?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Who the gently caress is Colonel Violet? I don't remember her at all.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Prison Warden posted:

She was a Red Ribbon officer who got one of the dragonballs and proceeds to rob them of all their money when Goku invades and flies off in a jet and survives.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Prison Warden posted:

[timg]http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/dragonball/images/f/f0/CViolet.png/revision/latest?cb=20091107174107[/timg]

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Colonel Violet was only in the anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Oh okay, that explains that then, I mostly remember the pre-Saiyan saga stuff through the manga, since I've re-read that a bunch and I think only watched the show once through.

• Locked thread