Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Do you get more smoke charges as you go up the tech tree? I'm still working out the new skill tree.

Also, is the Arkansas Beta dogshit or is it just me?

Yeah there is a tier 3 skill to get you an extra charge on all consumables like smoke and speed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
Test server trip report: it's terrible ok.

You get like a million billion credits, but no free XP and no more XP than normal from battles. At first I thought that was because new accounts don't have access to free XP, so I played a couple of matches to get to level 4, and nope, no free XP. Just the 3000 you get from unlocking account level 4.

You also get only 2500 gold, which is just enough to buy... the tier 3 Aurora. :shrek:

Edit: I just got a random cash injection of 2500 gold while just sitting in port looking at the tech tree, I'll keep leveling up and see what happens.

Edit2: Yeah you do actually get a (big) xp modifier based on tier. It just wasn't big enough to notice on tier 1 ships I guess.

Kuntz fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Aug 14, 2015

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

Kuntz posted:

Test server trip report: it's terrible.

You get like a million billion credits, but no free XP and no more XP than normal from battles. At first I thought that was because new accounts don't have access to free XP, so I played a couple of matches to get to level 4, and nope, no free XP. Just the 3000 you get from unlocking account level 4.

You also get only 2500 gold, which is just enough to buy... the tier 3 Aurora. :shrek:
Ah that's stupid. When they did the 0.4.0 test server, first win in a ship gave 45x xp and credits or something like that.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Woodchip posted:

Nope, I get an error when I try to accept an app.

Well the good news is one of the clans community moderators PM'ed me and said that it happens, submit the ticket again and they should fix it. He did LOL over the clan tag but said it did not violate the guidelines even though he can see through the double entendre.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Dustoph posted:

That's because you pressed 1 to go back to your guns instead of 2 to go back to your guns. As others above have done, I too do this poo poo all the time. I wish there was 1 button for guns, and 1 for torps. Then set two different buttons for switching between the two shell types. I always end up launching torps just to find my guns are now reloading.

Except, like I said, this also happened to me driving the Wyoming, which has no torpedoes to switch to or from.

I'm on the New York now, and today in several battles I saw the same New Mexico, a horrible shitter who couldn't shoot well, drove his ship in reverse to abandon me when we (and a Cleveland who suicided into an Isokaze, a whole other story) were faced with just an Aoba, Phoenix and Isokaze, and ran away from a Kuma, but was still getting 1200 xp a battle and winning every time because the ship itself was so much loving better than anything else on the water at the time.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Aug 13, 2015

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011

grrarg posted:

Ah that's stupid. When they did the 0.4.0 test server, first win in a ship gave 45x xp and credits or something like that.

Okay, it seems like you get increased XP rewards as you go up in tiers. I just got 5000 XP out of a tier 2 defeat, and 23000 XP out of a tier 3 victory.

Plasmafountain
Jun 17, 2008

Pubbies are terribad, Kuma :iia:

Bitter Beard
Sep 11, 2001

I don't even know what the fuck I'm doing!!
Great to be playing again, I'm trying not to grind and just have fun since it's open beta still but I really found a ship I love and am constantly good with it. Even on bad, miss matched or just lovely players on your team

also I've PM'd the OP and they never responded to add it but I grabbed the #worldofwarships channel on syncirc.net if people need a place to gather to find groups or whose playing, etc.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Bitter Beard posted:

Great to be playing again, I'm trying not to grind and just have fun since it's open beta still but I really found a ship I love and am constantly good with it. Even on bad, miss matched or just lovely players on your team

also I've PM'd the OP and they never responded to add it but I grabbed the #worldofwarships channel on syncirc.net if people need a place to gather to find groups or whose playing, etc.

They're calling it open beta as a marketing technique, more or less. You won't lose your ships.

Also good choice, Phoenix is good and Omaha is near best in class. :iia:

Bitter Beard
Sep 11, 2001

James Garfield posted:

They're calling it open beta as a marketing technique, more or less. You won't lose your ships.

Also good choice, Phoenix is good and Omaha is near best in class. :iia:

Right on, I'm like 5k away from opening it up. Keep playing the Atago too and surprising people with 10k torps, get so many kills with that as people close in to fight and never see it coming...

Also that's really good to know you won't lose ships now come release, was one of those disconcerting things that has kept me not playing for a few weeks.

Riller
Jun 16, 2008
Applied as Riller

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Bitter Beard posted:

PM'ed which OP?

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
Ranked mode has reinvigorated me as much as the Myogi drained me. Kongo is fun and good, but I'm looking forward to doing ranked in a Nagato :getin:

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!
Just started the game and am now slogging through TII. I hope I get better with time, having a 18% survival rate until now is not very encouraging.

Nuramor fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Aug 13, 2015

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Nuramor posted:

Just started the game and am now slogging through TII. I hope I get better with time, having a 18% survival rate until now is not very encouraging.

Survival is for pussies. Go down fighting.

I really want to like the Aoba, but the Cleveland is just a better ship. I swear it does about twice the damage and has better range, tracking and AA.

I gotta figure out how to use the 8 inch guns, it doesn't seem like they penetrate better than the 5 inch ones of the Cleveland. Tips?

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
Is anyone going to PAX prime? If so will you get some Tirpitz codes and send them around?

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Washout posted:

Is anyone going to PAX prime? If so will you get some Tirpitz codes and send them around?

Yes please.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
Fun game: Start every match with "Hey I heard Rommel was a war criminal."

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
What's the best way to troll non-wehraboo Americans though?

Gegil
Jun 22, 2012

Smoke'em if you Got'em

DurosKlav posted:

Yes please.

I'd like the third code if one does exist.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

PirateBob posted:

Praise the Iran nuclear deal or marriage equality decision; type #BlackLivesMatter in chat; say the Confederates were war criminals; declare your support for Obama's 2016 campaign; recite the shahada; explain how all US military personnel are baby killers; tell them they're bad at warships.
Your mileage may vary.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

PirateBob posted:

"Poi"

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

PirateBob posted:

"Patton is overrated, Montgomery was the much better general and should have been Supreme Commander of the AEF"

"the Soviet Union won WWII practically by itself, the US just tagged along"

Alternatively inform that that their actions are warcrimes and will be reported as such. Doesn't matter what they are doing. Using torpedoes against targets that are driving away from them? Warcrime. Using incindary ammo? Warcrime. Dropping bombs on ships smaller than a cruiser? Warcrime.

Bitter Beard
Sep 11, 2001

demonR6 posted:

PM'ed which OP?

Uh, turns out, I PM'd the OP of the Heroes of the Storm thread because at one point I was the owner of that channel but I quit the game and don't care about it anymore.

My bad man, I have no excuse for such atrocious accusations at this time.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Kuntz posted:

Test server trip report: it's terrible.

Edit: I just got a random cash injection of 2500 gold while just sitting in port looking at the tech tree, I'll keep leveling up and see what happens.
What a loving load of garbage. Why not just give us basically infinite gold, silver and free XP so we can test all the ships we want? Are they worried people will free XP the Yamato and go "meh" and stop playing?

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Are us EU goons still using the 2PAC TS server ? Getting kinda lonely on EU.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

cheese posted:

What a loving load of garbage. Why not just give us basically infinite gold, silver and free XP so we can test all the ships we want? Are they worried people will free XP the Yamato and go "meh" and stop playing?

Yes they are, because yes people do.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
#Blacklivesmatter works.

Someone then posted "I'd care more about black lives if they weren't all ignorant by choice."

And someone else posted "Yeah they only seem to matter when they're killed by white cops."

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

Except, like I said, this also happened to me driving the Wyoming, which has no torpedoes to switch to or from.

I quoted and replied to someone that was not you...?

How long do changes on test usually take to make it to live?

Loan Dusty Road fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Aug 14, 2015

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011

cheese posted:

I posted above that you do get a (big) modifier on xp earnings, based on tier, it just wasn't immediately obvious. It's probably better than just a free xp dump like in Tanks, anyway.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Kuntz posted:

I posted above that you do get a (big) modifier on xp earnings, based on tier, it just wasn't immediately obvious. It's probably better than just a free xp dump like in Tanks, anyway.
I can log into the WoT test server and play any tank I want in about 45 seconds, tier 1-10. I'm not grinding out games in lower tiers so I can test the Montana.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
The Atlanta is a beauty when the battle goes your way:

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

James Garfield posted:

Praise the Iran nuclear deal or marriage equality decision; type #BlackLivesMatter in chat; say the Confederates were war criminals; declare your support for Obama's 2016 campaign; recite the shahada; explain how all US military personnel are baby killers; tell them they're bad at warships.
Your mileage may vary.

These are pretty good. I got some funny responses to #BlackLivesMatter :)

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

I think I shall be keeping the New Mex. By the end i was averaging 2k base a game. Mostly because of retarded Clevelands going "i has turrets on mah back, must shoot with all of them" and getting AP'd through their citadels for their stupidity.

Hammerstein posted:

Are us EU goons still using the 2PAC TS server ? Getting kinda lonely on EU.

Also, tell me more. Playing this solo gets kinda old.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

So im hearing that they nerfed the Minekaze and buffed the Mutsucki on the test server. No more 10km torps for the Minny.

Did they also nerf Cleveland AA like they talked about?

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
Official forum thread with screenshots of the major changes on the test server.

Minekaze concealment was increased by .3km to 6.2km, so not as bad as the roadmap made it seem. It is also limited to the 7km torps, but that is not really a nerf since very few people used the slower 10km torps anyway.

Wyoming got hit pretty drat hard. Turret traversal changed from 45s to 60s on the stock hull with a shorter ~11km range. Second hull brings traversal to 51s and ~12km. Ouch.

Mogami's 203mm turrets now turn faster than the 155mm, even with captain training. HE fire chance was not nerfed. It was actually increased by 1% unless that is a bug.

I am no carrier expert because I think they are boring to play, but the fighter change makes me question why anyone would play US carriers, even with the new enforced parity matchmaker. IJN squadron loadouts are so much more flexible.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

grrarg posted:

I am no carrier expert because I think they are boring to play, but the fighter change makes me question why anyone would play US carriers, even with the new enforced parity matchmaker. IJN squadron loadouts are so much more flexible.
To be fair, there's not much point in playing US carriers now so it's not really that much of a change

I wonder if there are going to be more changes or if that's it because lol they didn't even touch US carriers at all.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

grrarg posted:

At least they won't have their better fighter loadout for their tier not matter in a third to half their fights because they're fighting uptier?

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
The Essex and Midway bomber loadouts aren't necessarily worse than the Japanese counterparts, and there are plenty of players who are gullible enough (or care only about annoying carrier players to the exclusion of all else) to use fighter carriers. I think that's about it.

When I explain why fighter carriers are bad in chat, usually after a fighter carrier driver complains, carrier drivers are invariably adamant that they're good. People will insist with no hint of irony that spotting a destroyer with fighters is just as useful as sinking enemy ships.
Most of the people playing this game lose all capacity for reasoning when you suggest that what they're doing isn't perfect, even if you give them polite advice on how to use their ship better.

I guess the carrier matchmaking changes might help fighter loadouts a bit, because at least they won't be matched against a team with no carriers and stronger in the other classes.

James Garfield fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Aug 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

James Garfield posted:

The Essex and Midway bomber loadouts aren't necessarily worse than the Japanese counterparts, and there are plenty of players who are gullible enough (or care only about annoying carrier players to the exclusion of all else) to use fighter carriers. I think that's about it.
Yeah the Essex and Midway both look fun to play, too bad everything before that is a slog. I guess the Lex is ok at least, since your default loadout is 2/1/1 but everything before that is "why would you pick this over the Japanese CV". I enjoy fighter loadouts because I like sending planes into the drink but like you said they're pretty non-helpful overall and it gives gently caress-all for XP.

I've said this before in the thread, but right now IJN CVs can, for the most part, pretty much do the job US CVs are being railroaded into (air superiority) if they take their fighter option. Since right now the CV meta is "play Japan", their fighter squads being worse is a mostly non-factor, while still contributing more to the rest of the game because the IJN fighter loadout still has 2 TB squads anyway. All the patch seems to be doing is removing the all bomber loadout and replacing it with the current fighter loadout, while adding another fighter heavy loadout that replaces one of your TBs so no one is going to use it.

Insert name here fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Aug 14, 2015