Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Sent invites to the few upper nova/lower MG players.

Interesting to read all of the FAMAS talk the last few pages. I never realized the deviation was so high on the rifle, I'm going to probably stick with a 57 buy unless I'm holding dust2's long or backsite B from now on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
In the subio thread it was mentioned that Ts can get to a site and plant before CTs can on peachtrees.

Do you guys think it would work to have a map where Ts could plant on one site before CTs can get there but would have a really hard time holding the site?

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

In the subio thread it was mentioned that Ts can get to a site and plant before CTs can on peachtrees.

Do you guys think it would work to have a map where Ts could plant on one site before CTs can get there but would have a really hard time holding the site?

The issue with T's being able to plant first is that they inherently have a better economy than the CT's and better weapons (Lower weapon cost for the AK than M4 and better gun). This allows for the T's to make better buys more often than CTs. The other issue is that if you have a site that T's can get to first, but is harder to hold requires 5v5 in order to retake at almost all times. Thus, you'd either have to forego the second site in almost every situation, or be forced to work with a much shorter bomb timer in every instance. Basically you'd make a hostage mission where the T's have one hostage and CTs only have 35 seconds each round, but they can make another hostage spawn as well.

e: If you could make a map where the only way to get to said site is to cross a path that ct's get to first would be interesting though. Say T's had to plant in upper B on D2, but CTs could get to Cat and mid before they could get to xbox. and then CT's would have to have 3 entries from the mid area to get into the tunnels.

Kwilty fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Aug 13, 2015

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

i think it's unreasonable to ban weed from video game competition

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Google Butt posted:

i think it's unreasonable to ban weed from video game competition

Me too, but its easy to make a good argument for it. And any sort of tacit permission to USE ILLEGAL DRUGS would look awful for all involved. The up/downside is hugely in favour of banning it.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

The hilarious thing is that if it happens it'll ruin weed smoking for all pro videogames that share a circuit with CS. At least fighting games will still be high.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
Is alcohol on the list? A drink or two before a nerve-wracking match would be a far better performance enhancer than weed could ever be.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Lets not ban adderall but weed? Potheads can gtfo.

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Lets not ban adderall but weed? Potheads can gtfo.

Adderall is still banned for people who don't have a prescription. Those people have different chemical reactions in their brain occur when they take Adderall than people who don't need it. When someone who doesn't need Adderall takes it, it's like taking an amphetamine. Because that's what Adderall is.

It would be really funny if someone with a legal prescription for marijuana presented it at a tournament.

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

bpower posted:

Is alcohol on the list? A drink or two before a nerve-wracking match would be a far better performance enhancer than weed could ever be.

It was on the list before the whole thing happened

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

Can't wait to see someone fail the weed test, simultaneously screwing their team while becoming the face of marijuana in CS.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

The few of you nerds who are Global should make a team.

Team Str8 Edge.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
How many of you guys are global and do cheaters really plague high ranked MM? I want to try for supreme/GE but all I could find through googling about relevant skills are reddit posts about "cheaters taking my rank"

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

exethan posted:

How many of you guys are global and do cheaters really plague high ranked MM? I want to try for supreme/GE but all I could find through googling about relevant skills are reddit posts about "cheaters taking my rank"

Rank inflation is still in full effect, and I have only seen one fishy person since Overwatch left beta.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

sleppy posted:

Can't wait to see someone fail the weed test, simultaneously screwing their team while becoming the face of marijuana in CS.

Didn't weedman play cs or is he still dota only

Killfast37
May 7, 2007

exethan posted:

I've played a dozen or so MM games after hitting global and didn't notice any cheaters. Then again I'm not the type to cry hacks every time I lose a game or get killed. I'm sure there are hackers, but it's not like the game is even close to unplayable at that rank.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
Haven't noticed any cheaters recently in dmg/le. I have noticed that in every game there seems to be 1 or 2 guys having an absolute nightmare, scores like 6-20.

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

fennesz posted:

The few of you nerds who are Global should make a team.

Team Str8 Edge.

there is a very large gap between global, and actually good at competitive cs. most globals would struggle to maintain 10rws on esea.

exethan posted:

like 5-6 goonman regulars, and very few

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I used to maintain over 10 rws on esea and I'm a lowly LEM so your MM rank might be pretty loving irrelevant.

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

I buy nova after pistol round wins

so cheap, so underrated, wow

Clearly as a nova 4 (ha-ha!) I know what I am talking about

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

I used to maintain over 10 rws on esea and I'm a lowly LEM so your MM rank might be pretty loving irrelevant.

Old lem is new global though

Rusty Bodega
Feb 12, 2012

Colowful Wizuds

exethan posted:

I'm GE and have only come across 1 known cheater in about 20 games (through a small amount of reports, one person ended up getting banned.) It's kind of weird at Global right now. Really silent in terms of someone "cheating" because no one I've come against really dropped bombs against my team when I solo que. I might also have been extremely lucky, but so far it's been pretty good. Definitely go for it if you think you can grind it out.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

no_funeral posted:

there is a very large gap between global, and actually good at competitive cs. most globals would struggle to maintain 10rws on esea.

MM doesn't even have competitive rules, its literally a waste of time to MM unless you have no other venue to play in, which all of us do. Even if you don't like goons, play cevo-esea-faceit. Its just better.

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

Kwilty posted:

MM doesn't even have competitive rules, its literally a waste of time to MM unless you have no other venue to play in, which all of us do. Even if you don't like goons, play cevo-esea-faceit. Its just better.

truth

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Infinotize posted:

I buy nova after pistol round wins

so cheap, so underrated, wow

Clearly as a nova 4 (ha-ha!) I know what I am talking about

nova 4 checking in and i am all about shotties after pistol wins, most people won't buy armor on a round 2 save so they really do wonders!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

SMGs are better because they're more forgiving but if you think you can hit the shot 9/10 times on the first click and dont mind them surviving three shots directly on them and giving them time to shoot back at you, well, yeah, buy the shotty.

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Kwilty posted:

Even if you don't like goons, play cevo-esea-faceit. Its just better.

Wrong, no friendly fire makes you soft.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

SMGs are better because they're more forgiving but if you think you can hit the shot 9/10 times on the first click and dont mind them surviving three shots directly on them and giving them time to shoot back at you, well, yeah, buy the shotty.

Also the nova might hit a perfect headshot that deals 89-91 damage, then you get one tapped waiting to refire/pistol so enjoy that

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

my bony fealty posted:

most people won't buy armor on a round 2 save so they really do wonders!

This will not be true in a few more ranks.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
People at novas don't buy armor even on gun rounds

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010
Yesterday I solo queued to a game where one of my teammates saved up for and bought a negev while the rest of us had $2000.

There are worse things than buying a shotgun second round.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Key to making a good map: keep it simple, make it like dust2.

aksuur
Nov 9, 2003
Y'all FAMAS haters are straight up dummies. Burst is OP at long range, short range is fine and has more bullets than M4s, and you can buy a full set of nades/kit/armor if you're a little short. Obviously I don't buy it if I have enough for something else but it's nowhere near a bad choice and certainly better than most SMGs (P90 > UMP but also costs 100 more than FAMAS).

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Who even plays rail lmao

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
I'm not a FAMAS hater, just pointing out reasons it's priced how it is... I think what the pros are doing on anti eco is the right move - One famas/galil and one full-buy rifle to hold the longer angles so you don't get insta-dinked by a tec-9 around a close corner, and a few smgs, maybe a scout.

If you really need the round, famas' are fine, but you might want to place slightly closer angles, even though you can kill with it at long range, it's just harder

The FAMAS is actually one of my favorite guns. But I'm not sure if it's because of the mechanics or because it's funny lookin'.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I'm kind of half fond of the famas. I buy it on a pistol win just because I can engage at medium to longish distance with it and if they have armour and p250/tec9 they're kind of hosed because they aren't accurate enough/damage drop off. And presumably someone dies before the round 4 starts so I can just donate it to them, especially if they hosed their own money. If I gently caress my money and they don't drop I'm going five-seven and all the utility I can afford. Solo queue blues.

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
GNM here if anyone wants to add me for 5 stacks: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Paintballer98/

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Suran37 posted:

GNM here if anyone wants to add me for 5 stacks: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Paintballer98/

Added. My good vibes are on the wane with this solo queue shenanigans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fausty
May 16, 2014

"Flowers!"
"Is there a
John Luck Pickerd
here?"

first 50 bomb in 929 hours. Everyone on the enemy team was MG2, rip.

• Locked thread