Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

Caninus > Hatebeak

Dogs are more metal than birds.

Demilich > everything

A backed-up toilet is the most metal thing ever.

The Clit Avoider posted:

Let's just nip this "is more metal" shite in the bud right now. And watch this.

Love the Warrant-style synchronized stage moves.

Alec Bald Snatch fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Aug 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

The Clit Avoider posted:

most metal thing is socks actually https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8gGOyKTj4E

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

The Clit Avoider posted:

your immunity to humor is awe-inspiring

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional

Gamma Nerd posted:

your immunity to humor is awe-inspiring

I think you've got entirely the wrong end of the stick when it comes to my sense of humour.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Actually its this you fuckers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7DE2P7ZWuk

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
New Ghost is great :getin:

TheSteelCurtain
Aug 4, 2011

"There's a big difference between being hurt and being injured. You get hurt, you shake it off and come back the next series or the next game. I try to hurt people."
New Ghost is awesome, Mummy Dust is a hell of a song.

Feb 8, 2008
Thanks to whoever posted Merging Flare, they're really scratching that 90's euro power metal itch. You can only listen to Somewhere out in Space so many times.

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken

muike posted:

pawtucket? what the gently caress?

I don't believe this is officially announced yet, but Cattle is doing a handful of shows before this tour with King Parrot.
There's a Boston date at Brighton Music Hall, 10/5, it's Cattle Decap with King Parrot, Dark Sermon, Parasitic Extirpation.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

That solo.

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TheSteelCurtain posted:

New Ghost is awesome, Mummy Dust is a hell of a song.

Can we change the thread title to a link to the pop thread?

TheSteelCurtain
Aug 4, 2011

"There's a big difference between being hurt and being injured. You get hurt, you shake it off and come back the next series or the next game. I try to hurt people."

Gordong Dongbay posted:

Can we change the thread title to a link to the pop thread?

Take your bird beak and shove it up your rear end.

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TheSteelCurtain posted:

Take your bird beak and shove it up your rear end.

I'm a Birdless Ghoul

TheSteelCurtain
Aug 4, 2011

Gordong Dongbay posted:

I'm a Birdless Ghoul

Call me Papa Ebirdus.

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TheSteelCurtain posted:

Call me Papa Ebirdus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHmLljk2t8M

kajeto
Mar 27, 2004
Instrumento De Muerte
lol at you fools for listening to Ghost, this poo poo right here is a million times better and more metal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9Fp7dxs-pY

Joking aside, the new Cattle Decapitation album rips, go listen to that poo poo right now.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
So this is happening

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

i'm enjoying the new Black Fast album

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

funeral fag posted:

Been spinning that a bunch. It absolutely rips.

Bitchkrieg
Mar 10, 2014

funeral fag posted:

Seeing them with Goatwhore next week -- very excited. (This is my third or fourth time seeing Goatwhore, never miss their shows - great energy and stage presence).

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Hello SA Metal Music Thread, I am Nordick and this is my "No, THIS is the most metal thing ever" joke:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4i-NRfg77o

7734 posted:

Thanks to whoever posted Merging Flare, they're really scratching that 90's euro power metal itch. You can only listen to Somewhere out in Space so many times.
So, so, SO many times. It was the first ever metal album I bought with my own money, and still one of my favourite power metal albums ever.

That said, I think Powerplant is almost as good.

Merging Flare really does have pretty close ties with Gamma Ray, and I don't just mean Hansen doing guest vocals for them. The band's vocalist Matias Palm is also in a Gamma Ray tribute band Guardians of Mankind, the keyboardist of whom actually filled in for Gamma Ray's own kb player on a tour once, iirc.

EDIT: Oh yeah, my favourite of the bands Palm sings in is Heavy Metal Perse. The name literally just means Heavy Metal Butt. They play this traditional heavy metal/power metal kinda stuff with Finnish lyrics. And despite the name they're not even a joke band, their music is really good and their lyrics are legit clever and well written, though obviously you'll have to understand Finnish to appreciate them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeflkGgu2V4

Nordick fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Aug 13, 2015

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Who the gently caress is the audience for a power metal tribute band?

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Power metal fans, I'd imagine.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
skroll turned me onto this, and its pretty cool

Rob Miller (Amebix) and Away (VoiVod) joined forces with Andy Lefton from War/Plague and Jon Misery to I guess make some sort of underground supergroup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOBssPbHRVY

Obviously pretty crusty and punky considering the people involved.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jan 22, 2016

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional
Crusty reminds me, aren't Sacrilege supposed to be recording something new? Although who knows what it'll sound like.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

Any word on what style they'll be doing? I'm really tired of this prog phase.

Either way, I bet Akerfeldt will continue being salty that people didn't like Heritage and claiming in interviews that they're just close-minded death metal purists.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Hulk Krogan posted:

Either way, I bet Akerfeldt will continue being salty that people didn't like Heritage and claiming in interviews that they're just close-minded death metal purists.
The glowing reviews for Pale Communion even from people who hated Heritage are proof enough that Heritage just sucked

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

Any word on what style they'll be doing? I'm really tired of this prog phase.

i'm hoping for a carbon copy of Ghost's legendary Meliora

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

funeral fag posted:

i'm hoping for a carbon copy of Ghost's legendary Meliora

Opeth has already completed it, and it will be out on August 21st.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

The Clit Avoider posted:

Crusty reminds me, aren't Sacrilege supposed to be recording something new? Although who knows what it'll sound like.

the UK one? That would be nice. They went all doom-like on the third album so it should be interesting.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
I want to love current Opeth like I loved the old Opeth but I'm not sure it will ever happen. The first 4 albums are some of the best things ever to happen in the universe. Everything in between those and Watershed was really good and now...I just don't care anymore :(

Personal opinion: I really loved their line-up when it was Mikael, Martin Mendez, Peter Lindgren and Martin Lopez. That was the best Opeth. I really miss Lindgren and Lopez, especially Lopez. He seemed to bring something different in his drumming.

I'm trying to find those pics of Opeth cock rock album covers and striking out. One had a Michael lying shirtless with a python I think?

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional

MrBling posted:

the UK one? That would be nice. They went all doom-like on the third album so it should be interesting.

Yeah, they went back into the studio to commemorate 30 years since the first album in late 2014 and have been quiet since.

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

I want to love current Opeth like I loved the old Opeth but I'm not sure it will ever happen. The first 4 albums are some of the best things ever to happen in the universe. Everything in between those and Watershed was really good and now...I just don't care anymore :(

Personal opinion: I really loved their line-up when it was Mikael, Martin Mendez, Peter Lindgren and Martin Lopez. That was the best Opeth. I really miss Lindgren and Lopez, especially Lopez. He seemed to bring something different in his drumming.

I'm trying to find those pics of Opeth cock rock album covers and striking out. One had a Michael lying shirtless with a python I think?

That was a mock cover band. https://soundcloud.com/akerstache

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Is it too late to post links to mock metal bands claiming it's the most metal thing ever?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNdluJtwrCM

http://okillydokilly.bandcamp.com/album/okilly-demos

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

There we go, thanks!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That Flanders thing is everywhere and its loving horrible.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Vintersorg posted:

That Flanders thing is everywhere and its loving horrible.
Okilly Dokilly to replace Ghost as overrated niche band.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

MrBling posted:

skroll turned me onto this, and its pretty cool

Rob Miller (Amebix) and Away (VoiVod) joined forces with Andy Lefton from War/Plague and Jon Misery to I guess make some sort of underground supergroup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOBssPbHRVY

Obviously pretty crusty and punky considering the people involved.

That's OK but we wanna talk about Ghost here, did you hear that new stuff? Awesome atmosphere!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Weaponized Cum posted:

That's OK but we wanna talk about Ghost here, did you hear that new stuff? Awesome atmosphere!

New krallice is real good