Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Neurolimal posted:

This is literally the same line of thought the neoliberal Labour party and neoliberal Conservative party are using on Jeremy Corbyn to try to keep him from winning in the UK. As to how that's working out: He currently has something crazy like 56% of the vote in a three-person race from Labour leadership.

Yeah. Turns out people don't actually give a poo poo about moderate politics "electability", and being an actual leftist does in fact energize leftists and people willing to vote for genuine leftists.

Also, Donald Trump endorsed Corbyn, so maybe he's getting a bump from that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
i wonder if theres a Tony Weiner dick pic on Hillary's server. or did he just send those to not-his-wife?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Gyges posted:

Jesus, OM! can't even eat Fair Food right. You're supposed to look like an idiot, that's why people pay any attention, Littlefinger.

Who's the lady to his left that looks like a girl I went to High School with?

His Deputy Campaign Manager / Communications Director Lis Smith.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

he should quit this political racket and just start selling paleo diet stuff then, plans and cookbooks etc.

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Spatula City posted:

I'm wondering how long the fringe candidates are going to stay in this race. Part of me thinks "ALL THE WAY", but that's crazy, right? Surely Pataki and Gilmore at least will realize the whole thing's been pointless, right?

In a logical world, Graham, Pataki, Gilmore, Perry and Jindal drop out by November, narrowing the race to a more manageable 12. And then maybe Rand Paul sees the writing on the wall, Carson flames out ala Herman Cain, and Santorum realizes he's not winning Iowa. And Christie sees that his poll numbers in NH are sub-5%, and falls on his sword. Then we have 8 candidates, the ones that actually make sense to be in the race. Cruz to rep the crazies, Fiorina to hit Hillary and appeal to business dorks, Kasich to be the compassionate conservative, Huckster to rep the evangelicals who maybe don't want the poor to completely starve, Jeb Rubio and Walker to be the mainstream choices, and Trump to Trump.

Carson seems way too chill to flame out spectacularly. More likely he fades away just by being unable to inspire anyone but evangelicals

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Something Else posted:

i wonder if theres a Tony Weiner dick pic on Hillary's server. or did he just send those to not-his-wife?

As if that's the only guy who's dick pic might be on that server....

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Joementum posted:

I swear to god, with each day that passes the possibility that Trump is, if not an outright Democratic party plant, then a candidate who entered the Republican race only after being vetted by highly placed Dems, seems to grow in my mind.

We already know about the Bill Clinton talk.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Shageletic posted:

UK politics is not US politics.

You'd be surprised at the similarities the voting public of both countries share. Most people dont give a poo poo about meta-politics, they just vote for the candidate they like.

It's why they are hosting so few debates on the dem side. Unelectability doesn't make bern's stances less appealing nor his personal charisma in comparison to other primary candidates less blatant.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

:swoon:

quote:

Supporters of Al Gore have begun a round of conversations among themselves and with the former vice president about his running for president in 2016, the latest sign that top Democrats have serious doubts that Hillary Clinton is a sure thing.

Gore, 67, won the popular vote in the 2000 election, and has been mentioned as a possible candidate in every contested Democratic primary since then. He instead spent much of the 2000s focused on environmental campaigning and business ventures. He has largely slipped out of public view more recent years.

But in recent days, “they’re getting the old gang together,” a senior Democrat told BuzzFeed News.

“They’re figuring out if there’s a path financially and politically,” the Democrat said. “It feels more real than it has in the past months.”

The senior Democrat and other sources cautioned not to overstate Gore’s interest. He has not made any formal or informal moves toward running, or even met with his political advisers about a potential run.

A member of Gore’s inner circle asked to be quoted “pouring lukewarm water” — not, note, cold water — on the chatter.

“This is people talking to people, some of whom may or may not have talked to him,” the Gore adviser said.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/al-gore-insiders-figuring-out-if-theres-a-path-for-him-to-ru#.mmExJ7R6q2

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Spatula City posted:

I'm wondering how long the fringe candidates are going to stay in this race. Part of me thinks "ALL THE WAY", but that's crazy, right? Surely Pataki and Gilmore at least will realize the whole thing's been pointless, right?

As long as they can continue to make a profit off of it, or until they gently caress up and start going into debt (like perry's campaign is).

Feather
Mar 1, 2003
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.

So...Gore's dick pic will be in the emails, too?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Clinton/Gore 2016. Put Bill on the billboards: "Remember me?"

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Joementum posted:

Holy poo poo how did I miss that.

Donald Trump has more positive things to say about Corbyn than anyone in the Labour mainstream. This is a strange planet.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Spatula City posted:

In a logical world, Graham, Pataki, Gilmore, Perry and Jindal drop out by November, narrowing the race to a more manageable 12. And then maybe Rand Paul sees the writing on the wall, Carson flames out ala Herman Cain, and Santorum realizes he's not winning Iowa. And Christie sees that his poll numbers in NH are sub-5%, and falls on his sword. Then we have 8 candidates, the ones that actually make sense to be in the race. Cruz to rep the crazies, Fiorina to hit Hillary and appeal to business dorks, Kasich to be the compassionate conservative, Huckster to rep the evangelicals who maybe don't want the poor to completely starve, Jeb Rubio and Walker to be the mainstream choices, and Trump to Trump.

Once it's down to 12/13, will the networks bother with a kid's table debate? That should knock it down to 10.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Feather posted:

So...Gore's dick pic will be in the emails, too?

If there's a dick pic I hope it's with some parsley stuck in his urethra. You know, because he's green.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Bryter posted:

Holy poo poo how did I miss that.

Donald Trump has more positive things to say about Corbyn than anyone in the Labour mainstream. This is a strange planet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-887LalInA&t=120s

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Quote of the day, “Whoa! Beautiful, beautiful. It’s a terrific place, Iowa. Terrific! We just got in and I’m driving through these beautiful fields. I want to grab that corn like you’ve never seen. So rich, so beautiful.” ~ Donald Trump

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Luxurious corn

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
oh wow i just caught up with the Jeb! rally crash

WHITE LIVES MATTER :smug:

Anyways, did the media criticize Jeb? just wondering and I'm not shitflinging at all since this is about Jeb!

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
This article is over five years old, but "Two More Massage Therapists Accuse Al Gore of Sexual Assault is trending on Twitter. Somehow I missed this when it occurred, but if it's reentering public consciousness it will absolutely be used a GOP talking point to disarm the "war on women" rhetoric and a way to taint the Clinton-Gore Administration.

quote:

The former VP is already in hot water, fighting abuse claims in Portland, where another masseuse said Gore groped her in '06 and asked her to perform a "chakra release" (massage-speak for "hand job".) He denies everything.

The new allegations are said to have taken place at two hotels - one in Beverly Hills in 2007, when Gore was in Hollywood for the Oscars, the other in Tokyo in 2008.

A source from the luxury hotel in Beverly Hills told The Enquirer: "The therapist claimed that when they were alone, Gore shrugged off a towel and stood naked in front of her." He then propositioned her for a sexual act, according to The Enquirer.

I anticipate ugliness.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

GalacticAcid posted:

I anticipate ugliness.

sounds deserved if true

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
mods please rename me to Al Gore's Chakra Release

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

oh nice he can jump into a reality where he's the democrat nomination :laffo:

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

Dude on the right kinda looks like he's also grabbin that corn like you've never seen.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

zeal posted:

sounds deserved if true

Agreed, did not mean to imply that he would not deserve the opprobrium. Apologies if I did.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

I look forward to more pictures of candidates looking dumb at my states fair. It is our greatest contribution to the election cycle. :patriot:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Shageletic posted:

I think Walker is more formidable than most people give him credit for.

EDIT: God help me, I think he might be going far in this thing.

Walker is really bad in debates and looks like a retard whenever he's talking. Everyone else will have to fail for him to rise.

This, of course, is just as feasible as Trump still leading in the polls so hey whatever.

Three Olives posted:

Megyn Kelly is taking two weeks off of Fox which is absolutely completely voluntary and has nothing to do with Donald Trump.

That'd be too funny if she left and went to MSNBC or something.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Good to see the eighteenth century has pledged their support

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

Mr Hootington posted:

I look forward to more pictures of candidates looking dumb at my states fair. It is our greatest contribution to the election cycle. :patriot:

He has his hands in his pockets because he's on the oculus SecondLife project Sansar and he's currently being stared down by a naked fox man with a mohawk and a 13-inch weiner.

"I do not want to touch NONE of this," he thinks, hands firmly at his sides.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

echronorian posted:

Good to see the eighteenth century has pledged their support

Or maybe not! General Washington also spoke to a certain former Secretary of the Navy.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Lastgirl posted:

oh nice he can jump into a reality where he's the democrat nomination :laffo:

lmao

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

:aaaaa: decades later, a toy story 1 gag is finally explained

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

The only thing that will release my chakras is a Bernie Sanders presidency

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Why is Martin o Malley even running , serious question

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

Rocks posted:

Free state fair corn dogs.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Rocks posted:

He thought he could run to Hillary's left and gain the support of the progressive wing of the party

That strategy kind of fell apart once Bernie entered the race

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Rocks posted:

he was supposed to be this cycle's Bernie

• Locked thread