Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Hjalmar posted:

If these were L4/R4 they would be incredible. As they are they're pretty neat but nothing earthshattering.

They don't work with Statue of Anguish Pattern, so they lose the support that other trap monsters already have.

There's potential with these and Aqua Actresses, though. Maybe Frogs, too.

God I hate the card dub names sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Wait, why don't they work with the Statue?

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Statue requires the monster to be summoned from the S/T zone. Burgesstomas are summoned from the graveyard, so the effect won't apply.

Oddly enough, this does mean that Statue works with Crystal Beasts, but that's a whole other thing.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Hjalmar posted:

Oddly enough, this does mean that Statue works with Crystal Beasts, but that's a whole other thing.

It's such a great Tech into Crystal Beasts' side deck.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

So there's Better MST, Better Shrink, Better Book of Moon and Chainable Better Destiny Draw. Trebles all-round.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dabir posted:

So there's Better MST, Better Shrink, Better Book of Moon and Chainable Better Destiny Draw. Trebles all-round.

Better? They're all traps instead of spells which is a huge disadvantage.

Won't stop me from stuffing them into yet another Kaijudeck.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

You really think someone would do that?
Just go on the internet and tell lies?

Hjalmar posted:

If these were L4/R4 they would be incredible. As they are they're pretty neat but nothing earthshattering.

Rank 4 is cancer.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Lisandra_brave posted:

Rank 4 is cancer.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Slur, I thought you loved trap monsters :confused:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lisandra_brave posted:

Rank 4 is cancer.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Cabinet posted:

I love trap monsters too! I once played a deck with both Tikki trap monsters. I don't think it was anything more than passable.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hjalmar posted:

If these were L4/R4 they would be incredible. As they are they're pretty neat but nothing earthshattering

Jesus gently caress no

Lisandra_brave posted:

Rank 4 is cancer.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Lisandra_brave posted:

Rank 4 is cancer.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

Lisandra_brave posted:

Rank 4 is cancer.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Lisandra_brave posted:

Rank 4 is cancer.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Lisandra_brave posted:

Rank 4 is cancer.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Fun haters ITT

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

There's nothing wrong with Rank 4.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

If ranks 4 didnt exist neither would Madolche Tiaramasu and I can't have that.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Cabinet posted:

:agreed:

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

You really think someone would do that?
Just go on the internet and tell lies?
I never said it was bad. Just that it was cancer.

Cabinet posted:

Rank 3. Madolches already do it just fine.

Lisandra_brave fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Aug 14, 2015

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Rank 4 is The Worst but also it's really strong and what if trap monsters were t1 you guys (actually my sister plays a trap monster deck and would become insufferable so nvm)

Really though, it IS nice to see Rank 2 getting a little bit of love. It's probably the most neglected Rank, after, I guess, 9??? But nobody cares about L/R9 and nobody ever will.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Heart of the Underdog Exodia decks are pretty hilarious. They must not be very fun to play against though. Either you get an easy win or you watch your opponent draw his entire deck over like 10 minutes.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hjalmar posted:

Rank 4 is The Worst but also it's really strong and what if trap monsters were t1 you guys (actually my sister plays a trap monster deck and would become insufferable so nvm)

Really though, it IS nice to see Rank 2 getting a little bit of love. It's probably the most neglected Rank, after, I guess, 9??? But nobody cares about L/R9 and nobody ever will.

Where is my L/R12 archetype Konami

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

RatHat posted:

Heart of the Underdog Exodia decks are pretty hilarious. They must not be very fun to play against though. Either you get an easy win or you watch your opponent draw his entire deck over like 10 minutes.

Exodia anything isn't fun to play against. THAT is the real cancer of Yugioh. :colbert:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Dexie posted:

Exodia anything isn't fun to play against. THAT is the real cancer of Yugioh. :colbert:

Anything that involves not interacting with your opponent for the entire duel is auto-cancer.

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

:laugh:
All I want to do is make a toon deck without having to spend 60 dollars on toon kingdoms, what the hell konami! :argh:

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Lisandra_brave posted:

I never said it was bad. Just that it was cancer.

Rank 3. Madolches already do it just fine.

Tiara is Rank 4 and 90% of the fun of Madolche. The looks on people's faces when they find out she doesn't target :allears:

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Cabinet posted:

I love my trap monsters. I find these ones to be a little on the slow side because they don't instantly special summon themselves after the effect. As well, their effects are extremely lackluster.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Cabinet posted:

Tiara is Rank 4 and 90% of the fun of Madolche. The looks on people's faces when they find out she doesn't target :allears:

Archetype Bound R4s arent the cancer and are actually, biggest surprise of all, pretty balanced.
It's the Generic R4s and poo poo like Clownblade that just pump the field full of R4s non stop forever.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Reminder we are 9 Hours and 30 minutes from the first Swiss game covering the Yugioh World Championship
click here for the stream

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Archetype Bound R4s arent the cancer and are actually, biggest surprise of all, pretty balanced.
It's the Generic R4s and poo poo like Clownblade that just pump the field full of R4s non stop forever.

I still don't mind them too much. I like the toolbox element of them tbh.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Round 1 Swiss has begun!

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVGYaXLi34s

WORLDS LIVESTREAM HAS STARTED.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Learn from Matt Kolenda, always run a miracle fusion.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Onmi posted:

Learn from Matt Kolenda, always run a miracle fusion.

Why the gently caress is he not running Miracle Fusion? Why the hell would you cut yourself off from Shining and Absolute Zero?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Dexie posted:

Why the gently caress is he not running Miracle Fusion? Why the hell would you cut yourself off from Shining and Absolute Zero?

I think his mentality has shifted to "The Masked Heroes and various Xyz monsters I can be running are too powerful to devote deckspace to Miracle Fusion."

This of course ignores that Miracle Fusion is a one card game changer which can bring you out of the brink off a top deck OR strengthen your field.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

That's an awful mentality to have and I hope he loses this match simply for that fact alone.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Also just on the presentation, I'm really liking the background music and the layout is very good, though sometimes there's glare off the sleeves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

They're working on the glare.

• Locked thread