Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

squidflakes posted:

Suna, calm down.

CALM DOWN SUNA!
Maybe YOU should calm down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Takeo's mom loving kicks rear end.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Takeo's mom is completely awesome, his dad is pretty great too but she's a superstar. :allears:

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
Yamato's expressions while holding the baby were loving precious.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

squidflakes posted:

Yamato's expressions while holding the baby were loving precious.

Yeah she reached peak cute this episode.

Kinda want to get this as an av but I need to clean it up a bit:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I only made it 9 episodes into Chihayafuru but this has been outstanding basically nonstop so I am going to say MLS! is the best show by this team

It's so fuckin' good, they adapted it perfectly if not improved it over the original!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol @ Yamato blowing on the soup.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Christmas episode is really really good.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

In Training posted:

The Christmas episode is really really good.

They just keep getting better from there. This show tops itself every week.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Everything Burrito posted:

Yeah, I can't remember any week where I didn't feel like that was the case.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Thanks to this loving thread I kept expecting some bad to happen the whole episode. :saddowns:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sakurazuka posted:

Thanks to this loving thread I kept expecting some bad to happen the whole episode. :saddowns:

Bad things never happen in Ore Monogatari. They try to sneak in, but the moment they see Takeo they run for the hills.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

That "Not all babies live to grow up, Takeo" thing momentarily threw me for a loop, but then I remembered that the show was good and not bad.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
There will be no bad things happening to babies, not if Takeo and his mom can help it.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
loving lol "I'm ok with you marrying her"

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
I like that Takeo saving every last random passer by is taken from his mom.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.

Razzled posted:

loving lol "I'm ok with you marrying her"

Hey look, it worked in Twilight, didn...

Yeah, I'm glad Suna shot that one down in his head immediately.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

The Devil Tesla posted:

That "Not all babies live to grow up, Takeo" thing momentarily threw me for a loop, but then I remembered that the show was good and not bad.
Between that and the staircase I was worried we'd end up with :perfect:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I worry for Yamato if her and Takeo's child take after Takeo. I don't know if she can handle a 9+ pound infant.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Xelkelvos posted:

I worry for Yamato if her and Takeo's child take after Takeo. I don't know if she can handle a 9+ pound infant.

There is nothing that Yamato and Takeo cannot handle, together.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Xelkelvos posted:

She's surprisingly strong too, you know!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/dexbonus/status/631562044701937664

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Yeah, I don't know how they're going to top what they've done so far for the finale. Second kiss maybe? I don't even know.

Yamato remains the cutest.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I actually thought the pregnancy story was gonna be two episodes since it was two chapters, so I guess we do have room to finish up with that arc I've alluded to.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Everything Burrito posted:

You weren't kidding. Lost it at "I closed my eyes and a bug landed on my mouth".

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm all caught up again now as well. Greetings.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
I'm only sad we'll never get to see Takeo's sister doing badass stuff in high school.

until the sequel :getin:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh also, of course, naturally, Takeo's dad, ftw.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Suna's the best bro, even in emergencies.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
The gag with the clock while they were waiting loving slayed me. I was just starting to think maybe they were gonna throw dark for a second, but nope!

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

it's been 15 years but im still upset that yamato became an astronaut and yet absolutely no one joined the federation since thats actually more plausible than that ending
I cried, Yamato and Suna are def the best support squad. I agree that Yamato was peak cute in this episode, but Suna was also peak bro.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Oremonogatari's is strongest when it tells incredibly human and relatable stories (even if exaggerated), and this is one that takes the cake. I still vaguely remember my sibling being born. God drat I was on the edge of my seat.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I'm enjoying the anime even more now that I haven't read the related manga chapters. I didn't think the birth would happen this season because I'd forgotten that his mum was pregnant.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I actually had to pause the episode and wipe away a few tears when Yamato was talking about being premature, because I was as well and I wasn't expecting to hear that even be brought up in an anime, let alone so casually yet accurately.

What a show. What an episode. I love how it played with tension and emotion and still delivered a happy ending. It's so human and real at its core.

After the manga ends we need a sequel starring Takeo's sister. I hope she becomes a pro wrestler like her rad as hell mother.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
Are baby pictures at day 100 a cultural thing in Japan or is that a wider trend? Anyone know?

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
I would imagine it's a trend among a general subset of people with access to cameras. People get excited about adding digits.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.

squidflakes posted:

Are baby pictures at day 100 a cultural thing in Japan or is that a wider trend? Anyone know?

It's called Okuizome, and it's a rite of passage celebrating a baby's teeth coming in. Check out a blog post about it here: lingualift post with a couple of pictures

E: They've been doing it since the Heian period (794-1185 CE), so it's, uh, it's way older than cameras.

vibratingsheep fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Aug 14, 2015

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

it's been 15 years but im still upset that yamato became an astronaut and yet absolutely no one joined the federation since thats actually more plausible than that ending
Man Documents His Life as the Third Wheel for 3 Years

Source: http://yourheadcanon.tumblr.com/post/126669075210

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
oh my god :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

Oh, my heart...