Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

I think this was posted already but maybe not so here it is for your viewing pleasure:

How To Make Prison Style Sweet and Sour Pork With Andy Roy

- It's kind of gnarly...

I love that the whole point of it is "we made this poo poo in prison with anything we had to hand" until he almost instantly realizes there's a reason only people in prison would eat it. He has the best 'I've made a terrible mistake" face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opabinia
Dec 21, 2011

Your Burgess Shale buddy!

Humphrey Vasel posted:

Ain't you never heard of cornbread

That reminds me of the first time I made corn bread in Inuvik. When I bought the corn meal, the cashier asked if I was having a dance. I confusedly said no. Months later I went to a dance in Tuk, and low and behold, they spread cornmeal on the floor to help their feet glide for jigging. I asked my family about it and only people from south had ever heard of using corn meal in cooking. My step-niece thought corn bread was bread dough with corn kernels mixed in it, like savoury raisin bread . Later my cousin was giving a pizza crust recipe to some one over the phone and heard her say, "Corn meal? It's the stuff you put on the floor when your going to dance."

As for nasty looking food muskrat, while fairly tasty it pretty disconcerting to look at, what with it smiling at you when it come out of the oven.

Kakairo
Dec 5, 2005

In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a flotation device.

cash crab posted:

Anyway, this is probably delicious but i can't stop laughing

Trump dogs.

Alaois posted:

who the hell considers salt water taffy to be New Jersey's regional food and not taylor ham/pork roll

Idiots, that's who. I grew up in NJ, came back for a wedding a few years ago. It didn't matter that I wasn't hungry, I went to a diner and had pork roll, it was calling to me.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Animated Nerd posted:

That reminds me of the first time I made corn bread in Inuvik. When I bought the corn meal, the cashier asked if I was having a dance. I confusedly said no. Months later I went to a dance in Tuk, and low and behold, they spread cornmeal on the floor to help their feet glide for jigging. I asked my family about it and only people from south had ever heard of using corn meal in cooking. My step-niece thought corn bread was bread dough with corn kernels mixed in it, like savoury raisin bread . Later my cousin was giving a pizza crust recipe to some one over the phone and heard her say, "Corn meal? It's the stuff you put on the floor when your going to dance."

As for nasty looking food muskrat, while fairly tasty it pretty disconcerting to look at, what with it smiling at you when it come out of the oven.

Why did they sell cornmeal in (presumably) a food store then?

I didn't go grocery shopping when I visited Barrow; perhaps I should have.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kakairo posted:

Trump dogs.

Idiots, that's who. I grew up in NJ, came back for a wedding a few years ago. It didn't matter that I wasn't hungry, I went to a diner and had pork roll, it was calling to me.

the bagel house near me will make a taylor ham, egg and cheese sandwich on a bagel and i'm talkin like 4 or 5 slices of taylor ham on that motherfucker, poo poo is DEADLY

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

I think this was posted already but maybe not so here it is for your viewing pleasure:

How To Make Prison Style Sweet and Sour Pork With Andy Roy

- It's kind of gnarly...

"When I was locked up in Jail Prison" he must of been put there by the "Police Cops"

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

Probably pretty good, actually. Having a more pleasing shape for the mashed potato dollops would probably bump it up aesthetically a couple points.

If you can think of a better way to plate jellied eels let me know.

It might just be a problem with eels generally; here's some paling in 't groen:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

That thing on the right is a pie floater and it's the one reason that, if there is a God, he hasn't wiped Australia off the map.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

That thing on the right is a pie floater and it's the one reason that, if there is a God, he hasn't wiped Australia off the map.

It looks similar but I think that's the UK because of the jellied eels.

Underwater Shoe
May 26, 2005

an informative notation for your appreciation

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Nope, that's pie, mash and "liquor" a special dish from the East End of London.

The liquor is some sort of watery parsley sauce.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I was gonna say that doesn't look much like mushy peas.

Kakairo
Dec 5, 2005

In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a flotation device.

Alaois posted:

the bagel house near me will make a taylor ham, egg and cheese sandwich on a bagel and i'm talkin like 4 or 5 slices of taylor ham on that motherfucker, poo poo is DEADLY

Put that on a salt bagel and I'd down that every day. Mmmmm, daily supply of sodium in every bite...

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Skyline is good though

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
Actually,

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Cincinnati chili is the best thing to come out of that state. It's amazing, and that list is terrible, for many reasons. Not the least of which is putting bratwurst at 33. gently caress them.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
It can from the LAN NC thread:

Mons Hubris posted:

WHAT YOU GONNA DO WITH ALL THAT SLOP
ALL THAT SLOP THAT YOU DROPPED
I'MA MOP MOP MOP MOP THAT SLOP
MOP AND SLOP THAT SAUCY PLOP

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Cincinnati chili is the best thing to come out of that state. It's amazing, and that list is terrible, for many reasons. Not the least of which is putting bratwurst at 33. gently caress them.

The list kind of falls apart after a while. I don't know why they bothered to do all 50 states. He clearly ran out of ideas. Somehow a Cuban sandwich doesn't count as a regional dish because it might be foreign yet somehow lutefisk is on the list.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

titties posted:

Also, in honor of my new thread bros I think I'm going to finally open this bottle of 15-year-old Speyside single-malt, allergies be damned.

balvenie?

Mutant Enemy
May 1, 2007
Grrr, Arrrgh!

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

What about chicken, guacamole, meatballs, and whipped cream (poured like waterfalls)?

This didn't get nearly enough love:

http://youtu.be/k6DA_WwO90c

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Oh boy, are doing Guy Fieri

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Lutefisk is one of the handful of foods that is actively horrifying to me, and yet it's not at the bottom of that list.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

Neo_Crimson posted:

Lutefisk is one of the handful of foods that is actively horrifying to me, and yet it's not at the bottom of that list.

Lutfisk is good. Preferably with bechamel and freshly ground mustard seeds.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Mutant Enemy posted:

This didn't get nearly enough love:

http://youtu.be/k6DA_WwO90c

No no no no no you monster

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
I feel like guy fieri is a little played out as an internet punching bag, are people just finding out about him in 2015? I mean gently caress guy fieri but he just keeps doing the same stuff and people keep making the same jokes about him. that super gay fight with his hairdresser a couple years ago is still funny though

Contrecoup
Mar 30, 2015
My favorite part about this dumbass recipe is that he throws out the premixed McCormick spice packet and then exactly recreates it with individual McCormick spices just so he can feel smug and accomplished.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th3p14RCuf8

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Oh hey I love hoverlettuce

E: https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=yWDvi1fdmGA

Scathach has a new favorite as of 21:46 on Aug 13, 2015

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

No, nothing so nice. It didn't have a name as far as I can tell. I have a scottish last name, it was one of those little bottles that you get at gift shops and scottish heritage websites with the clan crest on it so that white people can pretend they have a connection to the auld sod or whatever.

The bottle just said that it was a single-malt distilled for the clan, I am certain that it was not any different than what was distilled especially for any of the other 79 families, just a different crest on the bottle. BUT IT WAS APPROVED BY THE STANDING COUNCIL OF SCOTTISH CHIEFS

It was delicious anyway

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

Tossed salad?

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Contrecoup posted:

My favorite part about this dumbass recipe is that he throws out the premixed McCormick spice packet and then exactly recreates it with individual McCormick spices just so he can feel smug and accomplished.

My favorite part was spending all that time and extreme attitude trying to make chili only to end up with an under-spiced beef stew.

Judging by the ketchup-based barbeque sauce recipe on his website, cheese and crackers as a topping choice, and the limp spice tolerance, I'm guessing Minnesota native.

Danger Mahoney has a new favorite as of 00:15 on Aug 14, 2015

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Chili hitlers coming out of the loving walls itt

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

AnonSpore posted:

Chili hitlers coming out of the loving walls itt

Just people with taste. Onion soup powder isn't part of chili, and not for prescriptivist reasons, but because it doesn't taste as good.

If somebody made a pizza with ketchup on a base of flattened Grands rolls, would we be pizza hitlers for mocking them?

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

AnonSpore posted:

Chili hitlers

This is my favourite combination of words

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

AnonSpore posted:

Chili hitlers

:gas: is always the end result.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

VendaGoat posted:

:gas: is always the end result.

noice

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

cash crab posted:

This is my favourite combination of words

You're sure it's not 'unattended food on a picnic table'?

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

RareAcumen posted:

You're sure it's not 'unattended food on a picnic table'?

What makes you think I care if it's attended or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

Just people with taste. Onion soup powder isn't part of chili, and not for prescriptivist reasons, but because it doesn't taste as good.

If somebody made a pizza with ketchup on a base of flattened Grands rolls, would we be pizza hitlers for mocking them?

Yes

There are no pizza rules, says it right in the title

• Locked thread