Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

If you're selling them seperately I'd be interested in these.

Did you get the email I sent you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Captain Invictus posted:

Man. The 80's and early 90's had it right with displaying toys. Barren moonscapes and space backgrounds are the best for that poo poo.

Look at that. Space, neon laser grid background lines, and space sand dunes with a spaceship. Magnificent.

This is why M-Tron was discontinued. Nobody could use a helicopter in space.

Stupid lego men, when will they learn?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I just assume the rotating blades used in vacuum are chopping all the fucks they give in their bad rear end space copter

Just like Whirl man. He'd put the blades on and be like scientifically difficult to observe variance from absolute zero, bitch

On that note I wonder if Luna-2 had an atmosphere when they visited it. Interesting to note Cybertron was implied to have some pretty freaky weather conditions in early IDW stuff, but I can't remember if they drew it with an atmosphere.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Has it been over a year since the last time we heard from the Scavengers/Grimlock in any significant way?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Spiderdrake posted:

I just assume the rotating blades used in vacuum are chopping all the fucks they give in their bad rear end space copter

Just like Whirl man. He'd put the blades on and be like scientifically difficult to observe variance from absolute zero, bitch

On that note I wonder if Luna-2 had an atmosphere when they visited it. Interesting to note Cybertron was implied to have some pretty freaky weather conditions in early IDW stuff, but I can't remember if they drew it with an atmosphere.

The only place on Cybertron that has atmosphere is Swerve's bar.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
SWERVE'S BAR ISN'T ON CYBERTRO

hhhhrrrrrng

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Wave 4 of Combiner wars is confirmed at retail in Target. Got all of the Deluxes, except Sunstreaker. Though unlike wave 3, at least one Mirage was missing, so it looks like people like Yellow Cars.

Goddammit kids, buy the set, not just the ones you like! How am I going to get all 4 of the combiner dudes you all keep buying them all higgledy-piggledy!

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Maybe kids don't have that kind of money to throw down every time?

DoctorWhat posted:

SWERVE'S BAR ISN'T ON CYBERTRO

hhhhrrrrrng
This is how your tapes get reaped.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Anora posted:

Goddammit kids, buy the set, not just the ones you like! How am I going to get all 4 of the combiner dudes you all keep buying them all higgledy-piggledy!

Ha! You just jealous that I can live with a weird hodgepodge of combiners and am not compelled by Obsessive Collector Disorder to buy figures I don't like! Far as I'm concerned, Rook and Skydive were always meant to be part of Menasor cause they both agree that their respective own combined forms are huge dorks.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Was digging through some boxes to find some camping stuff, came across the box of Transformers I didn't feel like unpacking. Animated Soundwave was near the top, so I pulled him out and started playing with him.

I only have Soundwave and Grimlock as data points, but were all of the Animated toys this loving cool? 'cause goddamn I love both of these dudes.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Sockser posted:

Was digging through some boxes to find some camping stuff, came across the box of Transformers I didn't feel like unpacking. Animated Soundwave was near the top, so I pulled him out and started playing with him.

I only have Soundwave and Grimlock as data points, but were all of the Animated toys this loving cool? 'cause goddamn I love both of these dudes.

Get Animated Rodimus ASAP

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Diet Poison posted:

Ha! You just jealous that I can live with a weird hodgepodge of combiners and am not compelled by Obsessive Collector Disorder to buy figures I don't like! Far as I'm concerned, Rook and Skydive were always meant to be part of Menasor cause they both agree that their respective own combined forms are huge dorks.

You're never getting a Titan Wars Thunderclash at this rate with that sort of attitude, mister. :colbert:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sockser posted:

The entire line is amazing. I wish the show lived up to the toy line.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Blackheart posted:

In looking at Ebay, I stumbled across Shockwave, and them Prowl, and then Megatron, and and and

I can't have packages delivered to my current address , so I need to get a PO Box and get these fuckers in my possession ASAP

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Prowl and Oil Slick are two of the best bikeformers ever. If you're going for Megatron get the Leader, not the voyager or deluxe, they're kinda meh.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sockser posted:

In looking at Ebay, I stumbled across Shockwave, and them Prowl, and then Megatron, and and and

I can't have packages delivered to my current address , so I need to get a PO Box and get these fuckers in my possession ASAP

Don't use Ebay. I put together a near complete run of them for very cheap from this FB group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/366318003380380/

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Maketoys Not-Inferno. Surprisingly good job on the alt mode given what they had to work with

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Their Inferno looks very good.

But it is just Inferno so ... yeah? Cupola was huge mind you, if Inferno is that size I guess it would be cool.

Blackheart posted:

He is amazingly good in both modes. The transformation is good too.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

catch22 posted:

Maketoys Not-Inferno. Surprisingly good job on the alt mode given what they had to work with

That Inferno looks cool and I kinda want him.

I also kinda want their Reflector.

Inferno's actual animation model looks pretty dumb, especially when placed next to that toy.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Sockser fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Aug 14, 2015

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
MY TABLES

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The block element button is so much more useful on forums than I expected

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Sorry. Phone posting. :shobon:

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Of the 3 wave four guys:

Mirage is near identical, but his head is super tight.

Ironhide is also identical, but his legs are super floppy.

Prowl has some weirdly messed up elbows, they work, but don't want to get straight. He's better then Dead End for staying together in car mode. However a total remold, I'm not sure how close he is to Streetwise though.

Have we gotten any word on deluxe Groove or Ratchet?

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

This should be the entirety of the thread's OP.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I found Rodimus and Skywarp.

I would say that Rodimus is the wrong color red, but it's apparently a shade as the Universe 2.0 Legend one which was an update of the Star Convoy Micromaster Rodimus.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Streetwise is the worst Protectobot. I hate his arms. First Aid is the best. :colbert:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Optimus Maximus looks like an apple product that's being supported by legos.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

The_Doctor posted:

Streetwise is the worst Protectobot. I hate his arms. First Aid is the best. :colbert:

He really is... I can't really get my head around that mold for Ironhide or Trailbreaker, but it's perfect for First Aid (and Off Road.)

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

He really is... I can't really get my head around that mold for Ironhide or Trailbreaker, but it's perfect for First Aid (and Off Road.)

Ironhide has been a truck instead of a van since the first live action movie, and Trailbreaker is just a covered truck.

Also, Rook is the best of the Protectobots, the dude just owns all four modes.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Spiderdrake posted:

Their Inferno looks very good.

But it is just Inferno so ... yeah? Cupola was huge mind you, if Inferno is that size I guess it would be cool.
Dat Inferno looks real nice.

Here is a pic (from TFW) of him with Cupola (and their Hound - which also looks real nice but not in the pictured colored scheme):

Inferno is a good size.

edit: guys I'm torn a little about some maketoys vs fanstoys when it comes to Hound and Reflector.

TheDK fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Aug 14, 2015

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

TheDK posted:

Here is a pic (from TFW) of him with Cupola (and their Hound - which also looks real nice but not in the pictured colored scheme):

Inferno is a good size.
Yeah I didn't like how big Cupola is, but that is a fine size for Inferno. That's like MP10 size, for people who haven't seen Cupola in person. Big!

Inversely, on the other side of MakeToys

"My optics are up here, Vulcan"

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
While that Hound looks really nice (as does the Mastermind Mirage, they both look spot-on), someone told me not to get them as Takara ones are coming soon.

That Hound and Mirage are tempting, though, as is Inferno... too bad that Jazz someone is making looks kinda meh. Because you gotta have Jazz.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

TheDK posted:

Inferno is a good size.

edit: guys I'm torn a little about some maketoys vs fanstoys when it comes to Hound and Reflector.

FT Hound looks a little better imo. Upper legs are marshmallowy on MT's, and the feet look better on FT's.

Went with Maketoys for Reflector cause of integrated lens transformation, and it's more G1 accurate overall. Just hate that shoulder design, no MP has the "shoulder guard" design.

catch22 fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Aug 15, 2015

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I saw a man return multiple devastators today. He must have directly went to the transformers section and bought out whatever wave 4 deluxes they had.

I was kicking myself that I did not arrive a few minutes or so earlier.

I'm sort of dreading Skylynx's wave because it's the last before titan wars and usually those last waves are a bitch to get and of course it's got like one of the top guys that I want.

Then again Arcee, Chromia and Brainstorm are still available from BBTS, and those were the last Thrilling 30 dudes.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I should really pick up that Arcee + Chromia from BBTS. They're not expensive.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Blackheart posted:

I should really pick up that Arcee + Chromia from BBTS. They're not expensive.
Arcee is one of those figures that doesn't blow my mind but hangs around the desk and I'm happy to own. It pushes the nostalgia button without going too far.

A Chromia is fine too. She is hanging out on a shelf beside a poster of her, all casual like.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Yeah both Fembots are pretty spot on for tiny deluxes.

Arcee is one of those characters that needs to be atleast a voyager or larger because her entire vehicle mode is pretty much folds up into her backpack in order to have her resemble the G1 incarnation. However the vehicle mode is accurate to the G1 show character. Supposedly the SDCC version was either inspired by Knight Rider or from some canceled Japanese only toy or whatever but not even TF Wiki is sure why she's repainted black. She's almost like girl skywarp but hot pink instead of purple.

I love Ice Planet Chromia though, the regular one is good too with the pastel blue but it lacks the hugeness of the sword.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

catch22 posted:

FT Hound looks a little better imo. Upper legs are marshmallowy on MT's, and the feet look better on FT's.

Went with Maketoys for Reflector cause of integrated lens transformation, and it's more G1 accurate overall. Just hate that shoulder design, no MP has the "shoulder guard" design.

I'm pretty much defaulting to Fans Toys when there's a conflict, but I don't see how that Inferno could look any better. Really nice work by Maketoys on that mold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

GrimGypsy posted:

Has it been over a year since the last time we heard from the Scavengers/Grimlock in any significant way?

Yeah they are hanging out with Deathsaurus in the abandoned good plot threads warehouse while the comic focuses on the relationship problems of characters we don't care about, the fact that pop culture exists, and getting misty about its own glory days.