Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i spun the big wheel, and the new fighting game is this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

lets play it, together

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Sharkopath posted:

i spun the big wheel, and the new fighting game is this one

is it on fightcade??

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

oh my god it has battle damage

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

that game looks sick but also it doesnt look quite like cybots? but it also looks enough like cybots that it might be different version of cybots?

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

lesbian baphomet posted:

that game looks sick but also it doesnt look quite like cybots? but it also looks enough like cybots that it might be different version of cybots?

it's a gundam fighter

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

first thought was cybots though, yeah. looks real similiar

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

shocking, since the robots look cool instead of like boring rear end. i guess both the ones in that gif are zaku

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

it'd be nice to have a fightcade version of HnK.

did it ever get ported to anything, like the PSN Store for ps3

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

lesbian baphomet posted:

it'd be nice to have a fightcade version of HnK.

did it ever get ported to anything, like the PSN Store for ps3

no

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

then how the heck are we supposed to play it against each other ever

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

lesbian baphomet posted:

then how the heck are we supposed to play it against each other ever

well pcsx2 has a netplay branch that supports it, ive used it before to play accent core and it seems solid

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
i'm playing rising thunder and it's actually pretty alright

walkspeed is bad, but otherwise solid

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Baal posted:

i'm playing rising thunder and it's actually pretty alright

walkspeed is bad, but otherwise solid

:whitewater:

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
The problem with rising thunder is I can't tell what's punishable or not or if it's the lag.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

It's not a bad game. Nothing real exciting about it though, no reason to pick it over all the other fight games I have.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'd love to play this MOBA-influenced Early Access fighting game based on Western robot design, because it's free. Only Garou, 3rd Strike, every KOF before 2003, Puzzle Fighter and Samurai Showdown III, plus many more! are also free, and those barely count.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

everythingWasBees posted:

It's not a bad game. Nothing real exciting about it though, no reason to pick it over all the other fight games I have.

That's true, but if I thought that of every fighting game I'd play nothing but Heritage for the Future, CVS2, or MVC2 until I was dead. Which wouldn't be a bad way to die, but it's still worth checking out new games.

In Training posted:

I'd love to play this MOBA-influenced Early Access fighting game based on Western robot design, because it's free. Only Garou, 3rd Strike, every KOF before 2003, Puzzle Fighter and Samurai Showdown III, plus many more! are also free, and those barely count.

I would only play KoF and Puzzle Fighter out of those games tbh because I don't like those other ones as much as the fgs I listed and Xrd, VSAV, Street Fighter vs X-Men, I could go on.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Baal posted:

That's true, but if I thought that of every fighting game I'd play nothing but Heritage for the Future, CVS2, or MVC2 until I was dead. Which wouldn't be a bad way to die, but it's still worth checking out ne.

Yeah, I have it downloaded on my netbook and will probably put it on my desktop, but the effort to do joy2key bindings when I could just play Guilty isn't worth it. When you can play friends maybe.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Idk I just put my pad in and it worked, this game isn't really complicated enough to be worth using my stick

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I tried it out but probably won't invest much time.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
fair enough

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

so far fightcade hasn't worked with any kind of pad for me, not even recognizing my 360 controller, so yeah its just been keyboard and joy2key

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

lesbian baphomet posted:

so far fightcade hasn't worked with any kind of pad for me, not even recognizing my 360 controller, so yeah its just been keyboard and joy2key

huh
It's recognized everything i throw at it

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
i should play some fightcade tonight after i get done installing windows 10, it's been too long

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Nage (JP's best faust player, got 2nd place at EVO this year) shares his thoughts on the tiers in Xrd, pretty interesting and worth a read

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s296/sh/44dad48a-edca-4a71-8f69-179fde222066/ffd871d56cddd80346e1419181198cd4

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's a big SFV patch which means the beta is probably gonna happen again soon, which means it's going to happen during the 10 day period I am away from home and unable to game :thumbsup:

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

The Daigo match was on stream. I slept through it tho...

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
garou is too damb hard

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mintergalactic posted:

Nage (JP's best faust player, got 2nd place at EVO this year) shares his thoughts on the tiers in Xrd, pretty interesting and worth a read

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s296/sh/44dad48a-edca-4a71-8f69-179fde222066/ffd871d56cddd80346e1419181198cd4

thanks, great read

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i just started reading it but I'm glad I naturally gravitated towards the character he thinks is the hardest to use but has the highest potential

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

i really like fighting games. i am very bad at them. invite me to play them. i only have a pc but i have usf4 and fightcade. i want to play xrd though. maybe one day

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

all i know about that garou game are these cool pictures

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

the backgrounds are cool and change as the rounds go up

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

cute.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

here's everything you need to know about how and when to watch arc revo tonight and tomorrow

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Isn't niconico video quality complete rear end.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

In Training posted:

Isn't niconico video quality complete rear end.

it is yeah, it says that arc's website will have it up too but i don't know if that means they'll be streaming it themselves or just embedding the nico streams

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mintergalactic posted:

it is yeah, it says that arc's website will have it up too but i don't know if that means they'll be streaming it themselves or just embedding the nico streams

neat. Well regardless I won't be able to watch any of it since I'll be sleeping through every I care about. I could watch UNIEL pools I guess, but I'll watch replays next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

unielst is on at the same time as blazblue pools. hm. i wonder which one i'll end up watching.

• Locked thread