Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

Anybody know what this is about? It was constantly streaming stuff like that in the goonman tonight and made it unplayably choppy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

sleppy posted:

Anybody know what this is about? It was constantly streaming stuff like that in the goonman tonight and made it unplayably choppy.

i've been getting that for ages

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

no_funeral posted:

i've been getting that for ages

same

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

I'm no super technological beep boop computer whiz, but I'm pretty sure you're looking at a memory leak there.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Looks like csgo is having trouble pulling avatars from steam and its making the game poo poo itself

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009

mcvey posted:

Key to making a good map: keep it simple, make it like dust2.

That map is a lot like dust 2 kinda, there's only a couple extra little areas but a lot of it is similar

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

ComradePyro posted:

That map is a lot like dust 2 kinda, there's only a couple extra little areas but a lot of it is similar

Not really. I mean it has 2 bombsites and a mid, but when people say 'like dust2' I think 2 entrances to A, 1 entrance to B, and an extra entrance to both if you control CT mid. (cache, mirage)

Jellidelic fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Aug 14, 2015

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Fausty posted:

first 50 bomb in 929 hours. Everyone on the enemy team was MG2, rip.

CS thread likes to be negative, but grats. Not often you'll drop 50, especially not on a 16-8 scoreline.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
What key binds do you guys use for weapon switching? I feel like the number keys are so far away and I want a sure-fire way of getting certain weapons out but I can't seem to get used to anything. Right now I'm using q for knife, e for primary, and f for secondary but I don't really like not being able to double-tab q for quick switching, nor do I like having to use mouse4 to pick up weapons or defuse the bomb.

I have z,x,c,v for flash, nade, smoke, molly and I'm happy with that.

Do you guys just use the number keys along with for for lastinv or are there better options?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
I just use the defaults with a few tweaks.

4: HE Grenade
5: Molly
Mouse side buttons: Flash & Smoke

Everything else is default.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I just use default as well, 80% keyboard helps with reachability.

Pollyzoid
Nov 2, 2010

GRUUAGH you say?
Q - Secondary
E - Primary
C - Knife
Z - Flash
X - Smoke
1 - HE
2 - Decoy
3 - Molotov
4 - slot4 (all grenades)
5 - Bomb
Alt - Quick-switch (hold for knife, release for weapon)
F - Use

I also thought about binding walk to mouse2 and crouch to shift to save my pinky, not sure where I'd bind zoom.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
I am stuck in elohell at the moment. I keep swapping between MG1/2 and end up getting games with obvious hackers (dude was vacced after their team was 14-2, and we still lost 16-14), or obvious smurfs (guy has 60 hours, and drops a 40 bomb in a game with me and pretty much entirely MGEs), to the last game I just played where I had idiots on my team - GN2 and a GN3 mixed with 2 MG1's - because they had some weird group comp and were using smurfs to boost their friends. I do really well against normal MGE/DMG when I queue with friends of similar rank, but solo queue has been awful.

Ephedra
Jan 5, 2010

Fight

->Jump<-

Item

prom candy posted:

What key binds do you guys use for weapon switching? I feel like the number keys are so far away and I want a sure-fire way of getting certain weapons out but I can't seem to get used to anything. Right now I'm using q for knife, e for primary, and f for secondary but I don't really like not being able to double-tab q for quick switching, nor do I like having to use mouse4 to pick up weapons or defuse the bomb.

Do you guys just use the number keys along with for for lastinv or are there better options?

Move: arrow keys.
Jump: ctrl
Duck: enter
Walk: right shift
Fight and secondary fire are swapped.
Last weapon: Num 0
Nade: del
Flash: ins
Molly : pg up
Smoke: pg dn

I use mouse wheel to weapon swap some times.
] = primary weapon.

Pro tip: Everyone should play inverted.

The Blue Caboose
May 20, 2007

jeff gerstmann hates fun

exethan posted:

How many of you guys are global and do cheaters really plague high ranked MM? I want to try for supreme/GE but all I could find through googling about relevant skills are reddit posts about "cheaters taking my rank"

At DMG I have played with 2 guys who I would have called cheaters if I overwatched them in the past two weeks. It's more common to get dropped into a lobby where I get flat out outaimed by a smurf or someone just having a hell of a game.

prom candy posted:

I use an orbweaver, which has a thumbhat that I use for nades. up=frag, down=Molly, left=flash, right=smoke. I also have a sick MLG style macro that immediately inspects my knife when I pull it out. I also use q=invnextnongrenade instead of lastinv so Q always pulls out a gun. It comes at the expense of fast switching to my knife after sick AWP shots, but really it's probably better to whip out the pistol, and it's nice to have Q always pull out a gun. (although it sucks for scoutzknivez and arms race and stuff because i can't use Q to fastswap to unzoom.)

I keep the one commo shortcut bound to Z to tell bots to stay in spawn.

FWIW, invnextnongrenade might be what you're looking for. it whips out your pistol if you have your primary out, otherwise it pulls out your primary. it allows you to still QQ for fastswitching (most of the time), but it also reliably gives you a gun in your hand.

kordansk posted:

I am stuck in elohell at the moment. I keep swapping between MG1/2 and end up getting games with obvious hackers (dude was vacced after their team was 14-2, and we still lost 16-14), or obvious smurfs (guy has 60 hours, and drops a 40 bomb in a game with me and pretty much entirely MGEs), to the last game I just played where I had idiots on my team - GN2 and a GN3 mixed with 2 MG1's - because they had some weird group comp and were using smurfs to boost their friends. I do really well against normal MGE/DMG when I queue with friends of similar rank, but solo queue has been awful.

You'll get through it, eventually. I hit DMG on my deagle smurf before my main account primarily because I had way better luck with smurfs and teammates. (also apparently winning 7 straight on my smurf gets me from MG2 to DMG, but winning 11 straight on my main account at MGE doesn't get me to DMG). Eventually you'll break through. Just keep on playing well.

On the other hand, if you're consistently dropping 1+ kill per round and you're still dropping games, you might have other problems. Anyhow, if you're looking for games around the MGE/DMG rank and you cant take the soloqueues, go ahead and add http://steamcommunity.com/id/bluecaboose. Always nice to have another dude to queue with.

The Blue Caboose fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Aug 14, 2015

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I think I'm going to try invnextnongrenade on f, q I'll just keep as straight up lastinv, and then I'll bind mouse4 to be a hold for knife, release for primary. That'll give me my E key back for use which is what I really need. Invnextnongrenade is handy, thanks!

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I've come across some cheating in the mg ranks last few days. 1st yesterday they were on my team, not aim hacking just walls and they used it to do stuff like throw a smoke, hide in it and taser people pushing by it. It was kind of stupid but it meant the other team had no real chance but they decided to drag it out by crouching walking around in spawn for 8 rounds as t. I was a bit pissed at that game but at least I was on the right side of it. The other game was just now where I'm half convinced a guy was walling because he would always peek walking people just after they looked away. Like that happens, its dumb luck but it was just way too often and too perfect because he was always right on them too.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
keyboards? pfff.

Left stinkyboard (http://www.amazon.com/Stinky-Gaming-Footboard-Foot-Controller/dp/B00EOPT5ZS)

Up - Mic
Down - crouch
left - drop weapon
right - jump throw

Right stickyboard

Up - forward
Down - back
left - scoreboard
right - inspect weopon

G502 Mouse
right-click - walk
scrollup - reload
scrolldown - jump
scroll-left-tilt - use
scroll-right-tilt - secondry fire
scroll-middle-click - knife

6 remaining mouse buttons
left strafe
right strafe
cycle-nades
primary weopon
secondry weopon
bomb

I've only one fully working arm

The Blue Caboose
May 20, 2007

jeff gerstmann hates fun

bpower posted:

keyboards? pfff.

Left stinkyboard (http://www.amazon.com/Stinky-Gaming-Footboard-Foot-Controller/dp/B00EOPT5ZS)

Up - Mic
Down - crouch
left - drop weapon
right - jump throw

Right stickyboard

Up - forward
Down - back
left - scoreboard
right - inspect weopon

G502 Mouse
right-click - walk
scrollup - reload
scrolldown - jump
scroll-left-tilt - use
scroll-middle-click - knife

6 remaining mouse buttons
left strafe
right strafe
cycle-nades
primary weopon
secondry weopon
bomb

I've only one fully working arm

you should get track ir and set it up so you can stutter step by shaking your head.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

bpower posted:

scroll-left-tilt - use
Can you actually bind mouse wheel tilt to stuff?

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
on the g502, yes.

Esk1
Dec 19, 2007

Mostly default.
Q- hold down for knife. Release switches to secondary and then primary so you always get a gun even if you don't have a primary. Perfect for awping but all around great.
Scroll up -smoke
Scroll down- flash
Middle mouse -he
Mouse4-molotav;incen

The worst thing about q is when you last had a grenade out. I thought about binding something other than 2 to pistol but it's never been an issue.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I have that mouse but have trouble imagining using those "buttons" in a reliable, unaccidental way

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

I have that mouse but have trouble imagining using those "buttons" in a reliable, unaccidental way

I takes a lot of getting used to. Remaining calm at all times is the most important factor. If I panic I'll get some misscliks.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
E mic
F flash
V smoke
T fire
Middle click use

Works flawlessly for me

Burgo
Jun 1, 2008

Heres Daves layout

Ephedra
Jan 5, 2010

Fight

->Jump<-

Item

Burgo posted:

Heres Daves layout

I still feel like this is a lie. Do we have any video proof of this? What kind of mongoloid would use this.......

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Ephedra posted:

I still feel like this is a lie. Do we have any video proof of this? What kind of mongoloid would use this.......

Says the inverted lefty :wtf:

Lord Xander
Jun 2, 2014
The trolls are real... Sadly. Some people do use it.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Anyone have that .gif of Pimp from Dignitas just Adderall'd out of his mind?

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Rails is literally the worst map to ever come out of an operation thus far.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

hello internet posted:

Rails is literally the worst map to ever come out of an operation thus far.

Agreed. Rails not only has way too much useless space, but you can run into the enemy in like 3 seconds.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Kwilty posted:

Anyone have that .gif of Pimp from Dignitas just Adderall'd out of his mind?

http://gfycat.com/ElatedInsistentHalicore

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
*chews gum to dust*

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

He looks off his tits. How much prescription meds would he have to take to be like that?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

bpower posted:

He looks off his tits. How much prescription meds would he have to take to be like that?

Bruxism or jaw-clenching is pretty standard on amphetamines, would only need a single dose. A cynic would say that his impressive weight loss could be partly due to a regular habit though. Since he's from Denmark, if he's getting it legit or from a friend, it'll most likely be dexedrine.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

or it's just a 3 second, out of context gif of someone who is nervous?

dude just has a defined jawline...

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

sleppy posted:

or it's just a 3 second, out of context gif of someone who is nervous?

dude just has a defined jawline...

but you can see him following players through the wall, he must be hacking

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009
Jaw-clenching is also common with people who are nervous and in front of cameras. Plus, an amphetamine dosage high enough to be visible would be counterproductive, shaky hands do not help with aim.

As someone who takes amphetamines for ADHD and who has used them recreationally in the past, the whole adderall scandal has been really funny with every Tom, Dick, and Harry thinking they can tell people are on drugs by looking at them. It's like watching an episode of cops or something, I keep expecting to read "with my training and experience". Protip: Amphetamines don't turn you into CS superman, I actually try to avoid playing CS until it gets near to where my meds are wearing off, hyperfocusing makes proper rotates hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Jeza posted:

Bruxism or jaw-clenching is pretty standard on amphetamines, would only need a single dose. A cynic would say that his impressive weight loss could be partly due to a regular habit though. Since he's from Denmark, if he's getting it legit or from a friend, it'll most likely be dexedrine.

The weird draw of breath looks like he's temporarily short of breath. Thats a big tell that he's on a lot of something.

• Locked thread