Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Ramsus posted:

it's more like the old O&A show, minus the O (which added nothing) and i think it will continue to grow now that guests can visit without having to drive through traffic to long island for a couple hours

yesturday it was ron, today it was bob kelly, voss, and bert,

Three of those people were on O&J this week and the other has a show on the channel 5 days a week :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
Was Anthony invited to Tampa Bay Comic Con or did he contact them? Why Tampa Bay of all places? This feels like something Erock would do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?TheAnthonyCumiaShow?videos

I hear the Billy West video was good, but I can't bring myself to watch Anthony moderate a panel with anime voice actors. How long til he interviews Virgil?

edit: here's the crowd at those panels. I didn't catch it at first because the subreddit downvoted it heavily.
http://imgur.com/ecSxA0r

livingfruitvirus fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Aug 7, 2015

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

livingfruitvirus posted:

Was Anthony invited to Tampa Bay Comic Con or did he contact them? Why Tampa Bay of all places? This feels like something Erock would do.

I hear the Billy West video was good, but I can't bring myself to watch Anthony moderate a panel with anime voice actors. How long til he interviews Virgil?
Well, he digs Billy West a lot, I think he'd probably sign up for any bullshit just to get that one. They probably needed the help.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
It's amazing how bad the show is when Norton's out....I listened to like 8 minutes of Opie and Sherrod Small and I was like "nopeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

BigPoot
Jan 16, 2013

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

It's amazing how bad the show is when Norton's out....I listened to like 8 minutes of Opie and Sherrod Small and I was like "nopeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

Yeah Wednesday was one of the ones I could not listen to. I tried Thursday for Vos, but by the end it was like 50 year old guys trying to relive their frat house days.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

I don't understand why Sherrod is on anything.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

An Enormous Boner posted:

I don't understand why Sherrod is on anything.

He's Chris Rock's cousin or nephew or something.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

jyrka posted:

He's Chris Rock's cousin or nephew or something.

He's his cousin, yes

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I'm going to see Jimmy in a few weeks, does he take pictures with fans after his shows? Surely he would understand given his obsession with celebrity pics. Seems like he has talked about it on air but I can't remember.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I'm going to see Jimmy in a few weeks, does he take pictures with fans after his shows? Surely he would understand given his obsession with celebrity pics. Seems like he has talked about it on air but I can't remember.

I'm pretty sure he still sells merch after the show.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

spudsbuckley posted:

Three of those people were on O&J this week and the other has a show on the channel 5 days a week :/

yeah my point is he can get the same guests now

i mean, he's probably not going to get arnold swwarzzenheimer anytime soon but at least he can get the local comics that make for the good hang times

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I saw him a few months ago and it looked like he was taking pictures afterwards (the line was really long so I didn't wait). Kenny was there, too, so maybe you'll get to see him.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Sweet. I'll buy a shirt or something. I figure if I have a chance to meet him I'll take it. I devote enough of my time listening to his stupid hat jokes anyway, what's a wait in a line?

Tevryr
Dec 5, 2009

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I devote enough of my time listening to his stupid hat jokes anyway, what's a wait in a line?
873 days.

Yup.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
was today a best of?

Ransom
Jan 8, 2001

JOLLY RAPIST
Listening to Ron do live reads for loot crate is loving hilarious. He wants to call it dumb so bad.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Ransom posted:

Listening to Ron do live reads for loot crate is loving hilarious. He wants to call it dumb so bad.

Yeah, anyone who does loot crate is automatically not my friend.

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts
I find Ron's sincere Tito's Vodka American Dream spots unsettling.

I miss the days of Lil' Carby.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

burmart posted:

I find Ron's sincere Tito's Vodka American Dream spots unsettling.

I miss the days of Lil' Carby.

Did Fez rape Lil' Carby or was it the other way around?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

T Bowl posted:

Yeah, anyone who does loot crate is automatically not my friend.
There's a guy here who gets the lootcrates delivered at work, and I hate the collection of garbage on his desk but he's like one of the nicest people in the drat building.

Then again that probably explains why he likes the drat thing, he's too stupid and nice

Meth Rollins
Jun 24, 2005

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Saw him when he came to town last year. He took a picture with everyone in line, but had his people take the picture and then put it online in the next day or so. He explained on stage that he did this to keep people from fiddling with their phones trying to get the right pic and calling their wives cunts when they did it wrong, etc. It was a good, pro looking pic and he signed both of his books that I had. As a bonus I got to hear Kenny loudly bellowing about merch.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
It took me a second to realize this was East Side Dave. I haven't seen his face in years.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

(credit to BornInJune9182 for the perfect gif)

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

livingfruitvirus posted:

It took me a second to realize this was East Side Dave. I haven't seen his face in years.

Wow, he really needs a better haircut. Is he still doing the stuntboy stuff in his Jersey gig?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Wow, he really needs a better haircut. Is he still doing the stuntboy stuff in his Jersey gig?

what else would explain that sick brow scab

Edit: Goddamn, the Bonfire getting sound bytes from Last Dragon?! I loving love these guys :allears:

Morter fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Aug 14, 2015

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_bturAgmhY

The Bonfire is loving great.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
Yes it is. I like both of Jay's shows, he's awesome on radio.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
The Toosh is on Netflix. It's really good. Watch it!

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.
I have probably watched this video 20 times and it gets better with each viewing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVLahWcaZSk

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Droopy Goines posted:

I have probably watched this video 20 times and it gets better with each viewing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVLahWcaZSk

Nothing but an auditorium of old folks hoping their magnets don't fail as they cut their lovely meat.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Stokes posted:

The Toosh is on Netflix. It's really good. Watch it!

Thanks for filling me in on this but holy poo poo is having the subtitles on with this feature ever depressing. Colin makes more jokes than completed sentences. A majority of his lines are cut off and he starts off other lines. He keeps interrupting himself :(

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

Colin "Ah heck, the poor blame the rich and the rich blame the poor, let's all come together and fix this, guys!" Quinn

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
I laughed so hard when Gail was explaining that she got upset as a child about a plastic bag blowing across the street and her mom having to calm her down by telling her the bag was going to see it's family.

Also not for nothing, Bonfire rules.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Colin Quinn's Unconstitutional is sitting at 3.5 stars on Netflix. What the gently caress, O&A fans, you're supposed to dogpile these things so they're 5-starred out the rear end right off the bat.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Nothing wrong with helping out a friend right gang #rightorwrong

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
This one thing makes me legitimately upset, though-- Col's special is fantastic, and well-researched and thought-out. How does it get any downvotes at all? Do some people just not 'get' Colin Quinn?

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Apoplexy posted:

This one thing makes me legitimately upset, though-- Col's special is fantastic, and well-researched and thought-out. How does it get any downvotes at all? Do some people just not 'get' Colin Quinn?

A lot of people apparently don't. The hilarious shitstorm over at Huffington Post when he claimed to have come up with Anchorman before a pill-riddled Will Ferrell stole it is exhibit A

bigman.50grand
Mar 31, 2007
no
Aren't the star ratings netflix's guess at how much you will like it? :confused:

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!

bigman.50grand posted:

Aren't the star ratings netflix's guess at how much you will like it? :confused:

Yeah exactly. It's completely based on what you've up voted or downvoted and what you've set as your preferred genres.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
You can see what the actual average rating is here (3.7 currently). There's probably a way to do it on Netflix but I don't know how.

• Locked thread