Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Colonel Violet was only in the anime.

There's a namedrop in the manga.

Covok posted:

"You-You've gotten weaker? When does that even happen in this show? How does that even happen? This is honestly perplexing to me."

Frustrated, Cell puts Gohan through the training regime of his life allowing him to become Mystic-Super Saiyan God-Super Saiyan and accidentally destroy the planet by powering up. Beerus and Whis then go to an intergalactic sushi restaurant with Cell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
Cell, obviously not knowing who Beerus is, tries to absorb Beerus.
It does not go well. Revival of C is over minutes after it starts.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Squallege posted:

Cell returns from Hell stronger than ever to settle things with Gohan, is very disappointed.

Covok posted:

"You-You've gotten weaker? When does that even happen in this show? How does that even happen? This is honestly perplexing to me."

Cell is so confused he promptly experiences a sudden and uncomfortable Heel-Face Turn and becomes a good guy

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Colonel Violet was only in the anime.

Stairmaster posted:

There's a namedrop in the manga.

She appears in the manga. :v:

But in the anime she's given a bigger role, like most Red Ribbon soldiers.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Oh I forgot about that ONE PANEL.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

drrockso20 posted:

Cell is so confused he promptly experiences a sudden and uncomfortable Heel-Face Turn and becomes a good guy

He trains Gohan to have someone to fight against, but still holds himself as evil and constantly points himself out as such and how he'll destroy the Earth once he's done with Gohan and whatnot.

Not only does Gohan make him switch sides, he ends up being a better dad to Gohan than Goku ever was.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars
Cell is like the best trainer in Xenoverse.
It also occurred to me android 16 and super buu are like the only characters that are deader then dead.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SirDrone posted:

It also occurred to me android 16 and super buu are like the only characters that are deader then dead.

16 might have come back to life. They wished for everyone killed by Cell to come back. He was a robot but we saw that Android 8 was revived by a similar wish so no reason 16 shouldn't have been.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

16 might have come back to life. They wished for everyone killed by Cell to come back. He was a robot but we saw that Android 8 was revived by a similar wish so no reason 16 shouldn't have been.

there's no proof android 8 was actually killed by buu.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Stairmaster posted:

Earth got blown up, that's pretty much the ultimate truth

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Stairmaster posted:

Considering the planet exploded...

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

ok but can androids breathe in space? plz support with canon evidence

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

SirDrone posted:

"I would totally hug you if that was a thing I did! "

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

ImpAtom posted:

Dr. Norimaki conveniently traveled to a distant planet with Arale, Obatchaman and #8. But it's not like Arale would die from that.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Oh I forgot about that ONE PANEL.

Still happened. She simply did more in the anime. :v:

MEANWHILE

Dragon Ball Heroes gives high schooler Gohan the Piccolo cape back, and throws him Super Saiyan 3 too.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

StrifeHira posted:

Still happened. She simply did more in the anime. :v:

MEANWHILE

Dragon Ball Heroes gives high schooler Gohan the Piccolo cape back, and throws him Super Saiyan 3 too.

With that outfit I thought it was Cell Saga Gohan for a moment and his face looked so off. It makes more sense that he's meant to be Buu Saga Gohan.

Also with that literally every single Saiyan that can transform with the exception of Goten has Super Saiyan 3. The Son kids of this timeline were the only ones to lack it, as even Future Gohan had SS3 in Heroes already. Now only Goten's left, and probably not for much longer.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
What about Kid Trunks? Not that it really matters since he's lame.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMc6qYVPC2I
How about Bardock?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Momomo posted:

What about Kid Trunks? Not that it really matters since he's lame.

Present timeline Trunks has it as GT Trunks, likely because it was a very easy model to make since Future Trunks had SS3 already (in fact, I think both got it at the same time). He doesn't have it as a kid, though.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
bardock loving sucks, please stop giving him these super saiyan forms and more poo poo

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Retconning Bardock as the legendary Super Saiyan was the best thing this series has done in over a decade.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
it is worse than anything that happened in gt

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Still waiting, Heroes. :colbert:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Bardock is cool, he's no Broly though, but then who is?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

frieza survived that and he had way less of an excuse.

Enourmo posted:

ok but can androids breathe

no

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

If 16 lived they could have made him the babysitter for Marron in the way Piccolo is for Pan.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Enourmo posted:

plz support with canon evidence

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
They don't show signs of exhaustion or heavy breathing during fights

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

bobjr posted:

If 16 lived they could have made him the babysitter for Marron in the way Piccolo is for Pan.

No even better, 16 & Piccolo get all passive aggressive over who's the better Grunkle for Pan and keep trying to one up each other in more and more ridiculous ways

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Momomo posted:

Retconning Bardock as the legendary Super Saiyan was the best thing this series has done in over a decade.

:agreed:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

android 8 looks like frankenstein

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
How did that lovely last episode not even show what Fat Beerus is up to? He's the one thing in this dumb series that's different and by extension the only thing of any interest.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

drrockso20 posted:

No even better, 16 & Piccolo get all passive aggressive over who's the better Grunkle for Pan and keep trying to one up each other in more and more ridiculous ways

Also, during group scenes, 16 casually shoots beams and rocket punchs at Goku, who nonchalantly dodges them. Nobody reacts to this in any way.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Stairmaster posted:

android 8 looks like frankenstein

I always thought he resembled Frankenstein's monster more

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Petiso posted:

Also, during group scenes, 16 casually shoots beams and rocket punchs at Goku, who nonchalantly dodges them. Nobody reacts to this in any way.

16's gotten a lot better over the years, these days firing off one single tiny beam or landing even a simple glancing blow is enough to satisfy the "Kill Goku" protocols on most days, it's basically a nicotine patch/gum for his "Killing Goku" addiction(he's recently started a support group for both himself and other friends of Goku who have urges to kill him sometimes, Krillen, Yamcha, and Chiaotzu are pretty much Goku's only friends who know how to fight who don't attend these meetings)

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

drrockso20 posted:

16's gotten a lot better over the years, these days firing off one single tiny beam or landing even a simple glancing blow is enough to satisfy the "Kill Goku" protocols on most days, it's basically a nicotine patch/gum for his "Killing Goku" addiction(he's recently started a support group for both himself and other friends of Goku who have urges to kill him sometimes, Krillen, Yamcha, and Chiaotzu are pretty much Goku's only friends who know how to fight who don't attend these meetings)

"Hi, my name is Tienshinhan and sometimes... I want to kill Goku."
"Hi, Tienshinhan."
"I am Vegeta, prince of all Saiyans, and I... gnrk... stupid Kakarot... can't... *inarticulate growling*"
"Tell it like it is, buddy."

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Just started Kai with my wife. Some of the ultra-early stuff is strange. Like, why couldn't Krillin or Roshi sense Radditz? Could Goku fly that early on? Or was Nimbus just faster?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

New Leaf posted:

Just started Kai with my wife. Some of the ultra-early stuff is strange. Like, why couldn't Krillin or Roshi sense Radditz? Could Goku fly that early on? Or was Nimbus just faster?

No idea on the first and, on the second, Goku was slow to learn to fly because of the nimbus. It's even made clear later on that's he's sloppy at it in comparison to others.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

It's been eons since I read DB but before Z started Goku was I think the only one who could sense ki cause he drank the magic power up water or whatever. Then he died and saiyans happened and Toriyama just was just like "whatever all the main characters can do it now except bulma or w/e".

I think nimbus was faster, or at least more energy efficient before the Namek era.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Thanks guys.

Last weirdness - Piccolo was all like "After we deal with Radditz, I'll go back to my plans for world domination!" Which includes what, sitting on a rock staring into the distance? He's just spouting all that because he's supposed to because of his father, right? His heart was never really in it from what I can tell.

• Locked thread