Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

NESguerilla posted:

How do you get the riddler trophy on the way out of the blimp? The one where you have to use the rapid fire batarangs to hit the 3 question marks. There doesn't seem to be enough room to get in there.

I used the Remote Batarang to hit the last one, then two quick regular batarangs for the first two. I think you need to hit 3 of the 5 (like 2, 3 and 5, maybe?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer

Levantine posted:

I used the Remote Batarang to hit the last one, then two quick regular batarangs for the first two. I think you need to hit 3 of the 5 (like 2, 3 and 5, maybe?)

You only have to hit the last one.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Trickjaw posted:

Maybe I'm doing something dumb, and someone can help. I was trying to log into play to get more dress up outfits foe Bats, and logged in, but it just goes to account details, and there is no way to go any further, and you need to be 'actbe' on their forums to get Zur en Arr suit. I have tried different browsers, my laptop, tablet, and phone and I cant do it. Am I being thick, or is it WB being useless again?

I went so far as to make a post on their forums almost a week ago and it still hasn't unlocked for me, so I think that skin is just hosed for now.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

thetrueoskar posted:

Wait, AK is out already? I could have sworn it was a November release, right before the Christmas rush... I saw some trailers a while ago where the Batmobile had missiles and machine guns, so I wasn't really following it.

I wonder how they're going to bring Joker back for it THIS time. since as far as I know, it's after City chronologically? I've narrowed it down to three possibilities in ascending badness (since we all know they're going to bring him back):

1. Guilt over technically killing him splits Batman into three personalities instead of just two, Bruce, Batman, and Joker, and he pops up as a voice in the back of his head (which, admittedly, would explain why Batman is using GUNS AND EXPLOSIVES, but unless it's well done, would feel like a shoehorned thing).

2. Scarecrow comes back after the teaser ending of City, with a new, improved Fear Toxin, gets the drop on Batman somehow, and the normal antidote doesn't work. Batman hallucinates Joker over guilt. Deals with it by realizing he's creating problems, stops being Batman. (Would be a nice end to the series, and let them reboot the continuity again, at least?)

3. They retcon the blood he donated in City with some kind of... I dunno, undetectable Joker DNA thing? as some master plan he secretly had all along, and everyone who got blood (despite being cured) starts turning into him with... oh, please don't introduce Joker nanomachines. Then the final boss fight is against 50 Jokers.

Annnnd from what I can see, it's current gen, which I don't have. So I won't know until I watch the LP which one they went with.

I really hope they're around to see scruffy's Knight LP. :allears:

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Ahahaha... one of the challenge maps is to beat a Bank Heist in a minute fifteen. I think it's fair to say that that's basically impossible for most of the people playing this! That Batman Arkham Videos guy could do it, but unless he's been playing catch-up, I don't think I've seen him do any challenge maps for this game.

Guess I know the first of the stages I'll be ignoring and trading a Scarecrow map for! I was hoping I could just go "Oh, Batmobile stages" and nix three of those since there's a god drat ton of them. But if it means not having to replay one of Two-Face's levels I'll gladly play one extra tank stage. I dunno if it was the layout or what, but I had some of the most trouble beating those at any kind of reasonable speed.

A minute fifteen? Eat all the poo poo, Rocksteady. You didn't have anyone test that.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
We've talked about it in this thread before. It's not that hard.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I literally did it my first try. It's really really not hard.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
A reminder that ChibiSoma's gimmick is being irrationally mad at games for things that are their own fault.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

A reminder that ChibiSoma's gimmick is being irrationally mad at games for things that are their own fault.

Oh right, it's that guy. Thanks for saving time!

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Discendo Vox posted:

I was just telling Gonzo the other day, posting gimmicks are the worst. :jiggled:

I just got a shiny new graphics card, and no Arkham Knight to play on it :smith:. I actually could have gotten a copy free when I ordered it, had I not waited two extra weeks.

I got Phantom Pain with it instead :buddy:

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
From the WBGames forum:

quote:

"The Keaton batsuit will be playable in the game immediately once the player has it. "

"All Batmobiles except for the Jokermobile are available for use in story mode. We hope this helps you make your decision, and continue to enjoy the game."

Thank you,

Gregory.H
WB Games Support

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
There must be something about the resources the Jokermobile requires that would make it take a long time to separately integrate it in the game- or they really don't want to make a separate one without its scripted missile barrage.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Discendo Vox posted:

There must be something about the resources the Jokermobile requires that would make it take a long time to separately integrate it in the game- or they really don't want to make a separate one without its scripted missile barrage.

FWIW, on PC, I plugged the Jokermobile into a playable slot in the Showcase (as shown on MrJAG's youtube) and it works just fine freeroaming around all of Gotham. I appreciate that there's a flower at the end of the cannon.

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

These were also dark times for gamers as we were shunned by others for being geeky or nerdy and computer games were seen as Childs play things, during these dark ages the whispers began circulating about a 3D space combat game called Elite

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

Literally Kermit posted:

I was just telling Gonzo the other day, posting gimmicks are the worst. :jiggled:

I just got a shiny new graphics card, and no Arkham Knight to play on it :smith:. I actually could have gotten a copy free when I ordered it, had I not waited two extra weeks.

I got Phantom Pain with it instead :buddy:

I can stream mine on the GRAPHICS CARD I WON, and you can pretend to play along on your joypad :)

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
900 posts later...

Is the game fixed on PC yet?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

89 posted:

900 posts later...

No

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

89 posted:

900 posts later...

The old estimate was Fall 2015 so anywhere from mid September to late November.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

89 posted:

900 posts later...

Interim patch sometime this month (aka midnight Aug 31).

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
So, to get the knightfall ending do I need to do everything before completing the main story, or can I finish up after?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
You can finish up after. Knightfall is triggered by being in a specific place and pressing a button. You get plopped back at GCPD after the main story.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

poptart_fairy posted:

You can finish up after. Knightfall is triggered by being in a specific place and pressing a button. You get plopped back at GCPD after the main story.

Ok, cool. Thanks.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

89 posted:

900 posts later...

There is a mod / unofficial utility that improves things a lot, but the game itself is still hosed.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

My pc crawled to like 7 fps for the entire ending segment of the game.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

redbackground posted:

FWIW, on PC, I plugged the Jokermobile into a playable slot in the Showcase (as shown on MrJAG's youtube) and it works just fine freeroaming around all of Gotham. I appreciate that there's a flower at the end of the cannon.

Ohhh, stupid me, it's considered a spoiler if people can stream it.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Is there a more specific date for the 1989 skins than "August" yet? The trophy for 3-starring the AR challenges with it appeared in my trophy list and is nagging at my OCD.

That and I want an excuse to do a third run of the game.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

poptart_fairy posted:

Is there a more specific date for the 1989 skins than "August" yet? The trophy for 3-starring the AR challenges with it appeared in my trophy list and is nagging at my OCD.

That and I want an excuse to do a third run of the game.

Next Tuesday.

edit: New Arkham Insider showing the '89 racetracks.

edit2: I take that back, the video is 80% Robin fighting an AR Challenge in an enclosed space wheeee. Just stop watching when it starts, not a single interesting thing happens for the rest of the video.

edit3: added an apostrophe for poptart_fairy's sanity

edit4: The Keatonmobile kind of looks more like a tiny plastic toy than I was expecting.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Aug 14, 2015

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Wait wait wait, 89 racetracks? :catstare:

I'm going to be assume that's a slight stretch including variations, etc, but as one of the few people who enjoyed the Batmobile races that pleases me.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

poptart_fairy posted:

Wait wait wait, 89 racetracks? :catstare:

I'm going to be assume that's a slight stretch including variations, etc, but as one of the few people who enjoyed the Batmobile races that pleases me.

1989! :cheeky:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Oh my god, hahaha. That makes more sense! My heart skipped a beat, bah.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

How do I get a refund on this game if I bought it thru Green Man Gaming.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I really hate those dumb blue barriers for AR poo poo. I'd rather see Predator map stuff but I guess it's just hopeless at this point and worth trading in

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I'm overjoyed to see that the annoying British hype man continues his reign of terror after the game is released.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

redbackground posted:

edit: New Arkham Insider showing the '89 racetracks.

It looks like Mario Kart, but with no other racers.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Batman Kart would be awesome, please rocksteady.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Kurtofan posted:

Batman Kart would be awesome, please rocksteady.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJkN1hMZKF0

IT JUST NEEDS TO BE PORTED

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Lol

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Flunchy posted:

It's pretty, but looks pretty dull when everything around you is completely static (the fan blades aren't even rotating), there's no madman egging you on, and there's no sense or urgency whatsoever. The car looks like it has as much oomph as my Geo Prizm--I expected the Keatonmobile afterburner to be a hell of a thing, but that's awfully piddly. It looks worth doing once. :shrug:

redbackground fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Aug 14, 2015

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

If a videogame litterly gave you blow jobs some of you cats would still be unhappy.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Norns posted:

If a videogame litterly gave you blow jobs some of you cats would still be unhappy.

"I don't think this looks very fun. It lacks oomph and really doesn't live up to my expectations."

""WELL I GUESS YOU'RE NEVER HAPPY."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Norns posted:

Joke's on you, I won't be able to play it anyway until the DLC is unlocked on PC!

:negative:

redbackground fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Aug 14, 2015

• Locked thread