Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I'm the 44

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

"The Enclave"

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Captain Foo posted:

actually, the jets are very bad

never 4get :911:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

whoever was asking about "Kirby flippin you off heh" it was some fyad's av text for a while

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

fart simpson posted:

i exclusively feed my cat expensive, canned, grain free, high protein food. im in china too, so i have to get it imported from overseas. her daily food cost is higher than most chinese people

my old roommate bought herself a cleaver so that she could butcher raw chickens and lamb parts for her cats

they never ever got dry catfood

they'd go nutso for it tho even w/ raw egg on top

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

FMguru posted:

was it the one in the whole foods in mountain view?

because the first time i saw that i realized with perfect clarity that we as a species were doomed

they have it there but the first time i saw it was at the nice downtown grocery store in nola when i was visiting my parents

the sick fascination as i checked the pricing for what one meal for the tinydogge would be left me feeling as if i would never again be one w/ humanity

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

they have it there but the first time i saw it was at the nice downtown grocery store in nola when i was visiting my parents

the sick fascination as i checked the pricing for what one meal for the tinydogge would be left me feeling as if i would never again be one w/ humanity

like you'd want to be one with that riff-raff

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

my old roommate bought herself a cleaver so that she could butcher raw chickens and lamb parts for her cats

like whole chickens or leftover bits? cuz one is thrifty and the other is abhorrent

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

As a Millennial I posted:

somebody register stripmallcityhalls.com, these need to be catalogued

jefferton alive

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

papa_november posted:

jefferton alive

i liked this show. not sure if thasts a good opinion

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Smythe posted:

ive got your back on this smythe

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

Smythe posted:

it's good

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

FMguru posted:

hail

and wel'll miss u, vince

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

FMguru posted:

god drat this will never not be funny. I will be telling my grand children where I was when the butt fumble happened.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

eschaton posted:

loving horrifying

build up not out

President Sanders please put James Kunstler in charge of all urban planning for America

nah there's still hundreds of millions of undeveloped acres of land around here there's literally no reason to not build single family housing in most of the areas.

Boot and Rally
Apr 21, 2006

8===D
Nap Ghost

FCKGW posted:

nah there's still hundreds of millions of undeveloped acres of land around here there's literally no reason to not build single family housing in most of the areas.

Except that makes public transport very hard and there are already enough people on the freeway.

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

theflyingexecutive posted:

like whole chickens or leftover bits? cuz one is thrifty and the other is abhorrent

abhorrent shpoping list: 1 chicken for cat food, 1 chicken for people.
thrifty shopping list: 2 mixed use chickens

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

ArmZ posted:

god drat this will never not be funny. I will be telling my grand children where I was when the butt fumble happened.

i was visiting at my aunt and uncle's house

thanksgiving day buttfumble never4get

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

fart simpson posted:

i exclusively feed my cat expensive, canned, grain free, high protein food. im in china too, so i have to get it imported from overseas. her daily food cost is higher than most chinese people

this is a problem with china, not a problem with what you feed your cat

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

papa_november posted:

jefferton alive

community spirit

shopping

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

this is a problem with china, not a problem with what you feed your cat

if i thought feeding my cat good food was a problem, i wouldnt do it

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

FCKGW posted:

Water.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

FCKGW posted:

that's how you wind up with families

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

fart simpson posted:

forums poster fart simpson i am glad that you have survived your city exploding

lord of the files
Sep 4, 2012

triple sulk posted:

the shoes are like 250 dollars a pair and they look awful

welcome to upperscale mordern fashion. i find that the uglier it is the more expensive it ends up being.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Fractale posted:

welcome to upperscale mordern fashion. i find that the uglier it is the more expensive it ends up being.

because you're paying for the name

that's how everything expensive works

lord of the files
Sep 4, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i always have a sneaking suspicion that it's women with their maternal instincts repressed. i knew a woman who did that, and also went so far to grab her cats and brush their teeth every night.

once she had a baby, she turned sane.

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

Fractale posted:

i always have a sneaking suspicion that it's women with their maternal instincts repressed. i knew a woman who did that, and also went so far to grab her cats and brush their teeth every night.

once she had a baby, she turned sane.

:biotruths:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
not like you needed more reasons to hate carly fiorina but she has just come out as an anti-vaxxer

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Fractale posted:

looking ridiculous is never going to go out of fashion

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

not a human right

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

prenda law guy died of alcoholism

http://madisonrecord.com/stories/510633057-chicago-attorney-paul-duffy-dies

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

qntm posted:

looking ridiculous is never going to go out of fashion

the best part about hunger games is that i could easily see a bunch of rich shitheads dressing like that

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

http://www.vox.com/2015/8/12/9140477/google-alphabet-larry-page-charity

"You know, if I were to get hit by a bus today," Google co-founder Larry Page once reportedly said, "I should leave all of it to Elon Musk."

That's admittedly an unorthodox way to handle one's estate. Most wealthy individuals leave their money either to heirs or to a charitable foundation. But as Page later explained, he thought the Tesla Motors/SpaceX CEO could do more good with the money. In an interview with Charlie Rose, Page mentioned Musk's idea of "backing up humanity" by creating a parallel civilization on Mars as an example of an effective way to improve the world through business. "That’s a company, and that’s philanthropical," he said.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Fractale posted:

i knew a woman who did that, and also went so far to grab her cats and brush their teeth every night.

the vet told us to start brushing the dog's teeth but so far all weve done is give him these : http://www.whimzees.com/products/toothbrush/

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

fritz posted:

the vet told us to start brushing the dog's teeth but so far all weve done is give him these : http://www.whimzees.com/products/toothbrush/

yeah dogs don't really like it usually

my vet does dental cleanings, so I get him one of those and give him those kinds of treats

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Luigi Thirty posted:

http://www.vox.com/2015/8/12/9140477/google-alphabet-larry-page-charity

"You know, if I were to get hit by a bus today," Google co-founder Larry Page once reportedly said, "I should leave all of it to Elon Musk."

That's admittedly an unorthodox way to handle one's estate. Most wealthy individuals leave their money either to heirs or to a charitable foundation. But as Page later explained, he thought the Tesla Motors/SpaceX CEO could do more good with the money. In an interview with Charlie Rose, Page mentioned Musk's idea of "backing up humanity" by creating a parallel civilization on Mars as an example of an effective way to improve the world through business. "That’s a company, and that’s philanthropical," he said.

you missed the best/worst part

Yeah, if you want to go Mars, he wants to go to Mars, to back up humanity, that's a worthy goal, but it's a company, and it's philanthropical. So I think we aim to do kind of similar things. And I think, you ask, we have a lot of employees at Google who have become pretty wealthy. People make a lot of money in technology. A lot of people in the room are pretty wealthy. You're working because you want to change the world. You want to make it better. Why isn't the company that you work for worthy not just of your time but your money as well? I mean, but we don't have a concept of that. That's not how we think about companies, and I think it's sad, because companies are most of our effort. They're where most of people's time is, where a lot of the money is, and so I think I'd like for us to help out more than we are.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Main Paineframe posted:

you missed the best/worst part

Yeah, if you want to go Mars, he wants to go to Mars, to back up humanity, that's a worthy goal, but it's a company, and it's philanthropical. So I think we aim to do kind of similar things. And I think, you ask, we have a lot of employees at Google who have become pretty wealthy. People make a lot of money in technology. A lot of people in the room are pretty wealthy. You're working because you want to change the world. You want to make it better. Why isn't the company that you work for worthy not just of your time but your money as well? I mean, but we don't have a concept of that. That's not how we think about companies, and I think it's sad, because companies are most of our effort. They're where most of people's time is, where a lot of the money is, and so I think I'd like for us to help out more than we are.

21st century argument for company towns right here

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

in a hundred years no one will know who Elon musk or Sergei are and will say things like "wow the tech guys were great, bill gates gave all his money to cure diseases. man yeah tech billionaires must have been pretty nice."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Best Friends posted:

in a hundred years no one will know who Elon musk or Sergei are and will say things like "wow the tech guys were great, bill gates gave all his money to cure diseases. man yeah tech billionaires must have been pretty nice."

people don't really differentiate between billionaires

like you don't say "oh hey carnegie was a pretty cool steel rich guy"

• Locked thread