Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1upclock
Sep 25, 2009

Taken completely out of context
As someone who dabbled with Lunar Magic back in the day, I'm really looking forward to romhacking officially sanctioned by Nintendo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I hope next is metroid maker

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

In Training posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9W_y8IlNro

Nintendo posted a long video today with some new super mario maker news. The game is also the mariopaint composer now and theyre doing the splatoon thing where new content is rolled out on a timer, but this is more dependent on how long you spend in the editor. this is going to be the GOTY #2.

I like the dance party level at about the 2:35 mark.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

they actualy measure how hard levels are by people beating them or dying

owns.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

also looking forward to playing levels that are clever puzzles that adhere to mario universe rules

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

trying to jack off posted:

also looking forward to playing levels that are clever puzzles that adhere to mario universe rules

I think that really interesting puzzle levels will be the coolest ones

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

I'm eager to see if people can do bizarre things within the system and create types of games that do not even remotely resemble mario, or even platforming

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lesbian baphomet posted:

I'm eager to see if people can do bizarre things within the system and create types of games that do not even remotely resemble mario, or even platforming

i hope people make some levels like in those rom hacks where the entire level plays itself to completion if you dont touch any buttons but the moment you do it becomes a platforming hell

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

I hope somebody uses it to make a working Pachinko machine made entirely out of mario tiles and blocks and enemies

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Will we be able to make cool ghost houses like in SMW

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

i hope people make some levels like in those rom hacks where the entire level plays itself to completion if you dont touch any buttons but the moment you do it becomes a platforming hell
I think there's been videos of levels like that already so definitely

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Red Suit posted:

Will we be able to make cool ghost houses like in SMW
Yes you can even make ghost houses in SMB1, 3 and NSMB style

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i think im in love with mario..

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

i hope i can get good enough to do so

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

i cant wait to play levels made by literal children that are just empty levels with lots of items spammed everywhere and goombas to stomp on

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

The Super Mario World Bowser is ridiculously scary looking compared to the others, if you ask me. Its a really nice aesthetic in general, and probably my favorite one.

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
I WANT TO PLAY THE GAME

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

A cool drat horse posted:

The Super Mario World Bowser is ridiculously scary looking compared to the others, if you ask me. Its a really nice aesthetic in general, and probably my favorite one.

bowser is always scary, hes king of the koopas

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

bowser is always scary, hes king of the koopas

Heres my hot take. I respect Bowser, but I don't always think he's intimidating. In New Super Mario Bros, he doesn't look all that mean or scary at all.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

A cool drat horse posted:

Heres my hot take. I respect Bowser, but I don't always think he's intimidating. In New Super Mario Bros, he doesn't look all that mean or scary at all.

new super mario brothers is whitewashed history written from the winners perspective

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They definitely will, and on top of that, with the music tools, they can play a fun song while you do it. And then you touch the flag at the end a voice sample they recorded can say "Congratulations!"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

*i boot up a level that spawns Mario on top of a horizontal spring and he is immediately launched at a voice block*

Creator's Voice: my name is goombastomper58, and I

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

you will be able to tell if a level is mine because of how it will start and end with the custom sound effect 'air horn club sample'

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

They definitely will, and on top of that, with the music tools, they can play a fun song while you do it. And then you touch the flag at the end a voice sample they recorded can say "Congratulations!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sck77uUuwjY

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Haha this thread title makes me smile every time I see it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I thought I wasn't actually interested in this but each day it gets closer and it seems like buying its a better idea

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

*i boot up a level that spawns Mario on top of a horizontal spring and he is immediately launched at a voice block*

Creator's Voice: my name is goombastomper58, and I

lol

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

coldplay chiptunes posted:

*waits 1 year for epically awesome game with endless creative content to come out*

'wwhaa??? I gotta wait a week all while playing and enjoying the game for every single thinkg to be unlocked???!? No deal!!"

My favorite thing about games is people who intend to play them for 9001 hours complaining that they're designed so you have to play them for 20 hours first before you unlock everything.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

It's actually 45 minutes.

1upclock
Sep 25, 2009

Taken completely out of context

As a Millennial I posted:

It's actually 45 minutes.

Pre-order cancelled, selling my WiiU, moving back in with my parents

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm really looking forward to the booklet they're including with the physical copies

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

if you buy the digital version, you'll still be able to get a physical copy of the booklet, because Nintendo loves us.

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

if you buy the digital version, you'll still be able to get a physical copy of the booklet, because Nintendo loves us.
And we, they.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

How's that work?

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

:hfive: bruvs be4 luvs
Can u arrange music on this thing? Can u use the mic to sample poo poo?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

How's that work?

think it gives you a code that you can turn in at retail places for a copy of the book

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Fungah! posted:

think it gives you a code that you can turn in at retail places for a copy of the book

i'll just order from amzon and not have to deal with irl ppl haha

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

In Training posted:

I'm really looking forward to the booklet they're including with the physical copies

I checked and the shop where I usually buy physical will have the booklet :toot:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

i'll just order from amzon and not have to deal with irl ppl haha

lol yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I hope people make automated mario levels that play music BC with custom sound samples you could do some insane stuff

• Locked thread