Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
SMASH SMASH SMASH

AM I UNDER ARREST

YES YOU'RE UNDER ARREST

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

ActusRhesus posted:

When you end up robbed, naked, and in a ditch, with the pictures online, we will not laugh.

Pffffft. I've been to goonmeets. I'll be fine.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

CaptainScraps posted:

Pffffft. I've been to goonmeets. I'll be fine.

Strangely lawgoons are probably the most normal of the people on this forum. Even SV, though I think he's losing lawgoon status soon.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

SlothBear posted:

Liked, subscribed, laughed my rear end off.

poor editing job though....they blew their load by putting the window hulk-out first.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
P Barnes rules.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

ActusRhesus posted:

poor editing job though....they blew their load by putting the window hulk-out first.

Yeah, true, but I laughed so hard at TERRY V OHIO!!!!! that it was worth it.

CmdrSmirnoff
Oct 27, 2005
happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy

CaptainScraps posted:

This from a guy I went to law school with.

gently caress big firm life.

lol I'm arguing motions and crossing witnesses on a first-degree murder, three years post-call. Legal Aid might even pay me at the end of it!!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jul 11, 2021

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

SlothBear posted:

Yeah, true, but I laughed so hard at TERRY V OHIO!!!!! that it was worth it.

That was good but my fave was the fed at the end. No temper. No debate. Just taser. That's how to do it.

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?
I'm part way into watching this, watching little bits like vignettes between drafting contract provisions. TERRY V OHIO! is awesome.

My favorite is while the police are busting dad for weed, while dad screams Terry v. Ohio, a terrified girl screams from the backseat of the car. Hear that? That's the sound of a prostitute being born.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

SlyFrog posted:

Hear that? That's the sound of a prostitute being born.

You are a horrible person.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
I've said it before, but maybe the sickest burn in all of The P Barnes video is when P Barnes tells the freeman that he can go into the court room if he lets his mom hold his camera.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Except, of course, the burn marks from the Taser :mmmhmm:

Roger_Mudd
Jul 18, 2003

Buglord

CaptainScraps posted:

Eh. Roger already knows who I am and we'll get lunch sometime.

When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

That beautiful moment when you realize you get to cross examine defense's expert on the fact most of his publications were written before you were born.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
If I ever meet P Barnes, I'm buying him a beer.
:kingsley: you are blocking my way
:clint: yes I am

:commissar: Joinder created.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

It really was just so elegant. Don't argue. Don't yell. Just bust out the taser.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've worked in three different courthouses, and each courthouse's security seemed like the least nonsense no sense of humor don't take poo poo on the job people ever

especially the U.S. Marshals

nm
Jan 28, 2008

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

I've worked in three different courthouses, and each courthouse's security seemed like the least nonsense no sense of humor don't take poo poo on the job people ever

California bailiffs are often cool as gently caress.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
One of the deputies in Cook recently announced a judge as "Pamela Anderson" and didnt backtrack or admit what he was doing in any way shape or form
his partner on the floor spends 100% of his time hitting on the young female attorneys. He's also lent out his badge to them to wear while stepping up

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

mastershakeman posted:

Our industry just got a law changed and now are gleefully writing about it on all our briefs that we begged for multiple continuances on earlier (since defense counsels had no idea the bill was being greased for passage). Serves everyone right, the appellate court's idea that mortgages should be easily invalidated was ridiculous.

Update: the trial court judge that the appellate court reversed, leading to this statute reversing the trial court, is telling everyone that the legislature can't tell judges what to do and the new law is unconstitutional. We all thought he'd be happy to be vindicated.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

nm
Jan 28, 2008

U.S. Marshalls have some brief moments of humor as shown by that movie I watched once.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
The clerk office was next door to the Marshals' break room. I think they just sat there and looked stoic while they were on break too.

Zarkov Cortez
Aug 18, 2007

Alas, our kitten class attack ships were no match for their mighty chairs

SlothBear posted:

Liked, subscribed, laughed my rear end off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55pjFKalOVc

Please note that the Judge has abandoned ship.

Zarkov Cortez fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Aug 14, 2015

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Here's the first part of that dickhead's interaction with P. Barnes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eDh-yzr_qI

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zarkov Cortez posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55pjFKalOVc

Please note that the Judge has abandoned ship.

June 7th, 2012 UPDATE: there is a lot of supporting data on this subject but this case appears to have gone wrong, and this man did get arrested. The subjects of admiralty law, corporate citizenship and "strawman identities" remain very interesting to me.

Another paradigm-bending look into the weird world of common law, admiralty law and what people are doing with this knowledge. I don't understand how this is all possible, but it is very interesting.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Here's the first part of that dickhead's interaction with P. Barnes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eDh-yzr_qI

He's wearing those toe shoes to court.

Why am I not surprised.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Ashcans posted:

He's wearing those toe shoes to court.

Why am I not surprised.

Vibrams, blue jeans, a tshirt, and long unkempt hair. The hero we deserve.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!
I wonder if P. Barnes knows he is a hero to a bunch of random lawyers on the internet. I like to think that he does.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

nm posted:

If I ever meet P Barnes, I'm buying him a beer.
:kingsley: you are blocking my way
:clint: yes I am

:commissar: Joinder created.

Ladies and gentlemen, I know you have some budget and privacy concerns, but *plays video* don't you want to see more of this?

*millions of dollars materialize for universal body cams*

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Artic Puma posted:

I wonder if P. Barnes knows he is a hero to a bunch of random lawyers on the internet. I like to think that he does.

Let's find him and tell him.

zzyzx posted:

Ladies and gentlemen, I know you have some budget and privacy concerns, but *plays video* don't you want to see more of this?

*millions of dollars materialize for universal body cams*

New idea. Paid subscription sov cit tasing video sites. Cams will pay for themselves AND balance out the pension fund. Gonna go write my statehouse.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Kalman posted:

Discovery, fact analysis, working with experts, prepping partners on facts/important issues so they actually understand their own case, writing up deposition outlines, draft motions for partners to argue, draft briefs, etc. Eventually taking depositions, doing meet and confers with your inevitably terrible opposing counsel counterpart, etc.

You see a court room plenty, you're just not the one standing up. (Your words might be, if you did your job right and prepped the partner to say the right things.)

Basically assume associates do everything except the part where you actually talk.

Argued four Markman hearings in the last two months, :whatup:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

ActusRhesus posted:

Let's find him and tell him.

(208) 446-1767
http://www.kcgov.us/departments/districtcourt/jury.asp

DEAR MODS: THIS IS NOT DOXXING, THIS IS ASSISTING AMERICAN CITIZENS WITH EXERCISING THEIR FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHT TO PETITION THEIR GOVERNMENT TO TELL THEM THEY'RE P COOL tia

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Discendo Vox posted:

What is the most insane/inane term you've ever had subject to a Markman?

I've seen plaintiff argue that finite includes infinite.

E: wasn't at Markman, was at trial because they failed to put it up for construction and we sure as hell weren't going to.

Kalman fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Aug 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

P Barnes is P cool