Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Denzine posted:

now do it with chargers
Maxed Shred still goes through the whole line. Boilers are the only non-boss units I've found that are just too fat, and those are never encountered in numbers great enough to give a poo poo about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rap Three Times
Aug 2, 2013

Thrice, not twice, nay not four times either.
Grimey Drawer
Any advice or quickguide for trading parts/ mods ingame? Is there a better place than the trading channel?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Rap Three Times posted:

Any advice or quickguide for trading parts/ mods ingame? Is there a better place than the trading channel?

Look up prices or wftrading. Their prices aren't set in stone and are sometimes outdated but they're good enough to not get you ripped off.

I'd also try to trade within the Goon clan before going to the forums. If neither of those work, then go to trade chat.

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

Yeah, a lot has to be said for the goon clan on PC in this game. My first day playing goons set me up with a set of nightmare mods and serration + hornet strike + point blank.

I know earlier a dude was looking for a Mag Prime helmet BP in clan chat to trade and a couple people just straight up offered him one for free. Solid group of people.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Shame there's no pistol mod like Shred or Seeking Fury :argh:

Also double affinity + double affinity booster = 2 X 5 rounds of Akkad to max rank a weapon :getin:

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Aesis posted:

Shame there's no pistol mod like Shred or Seeking Fury :argh:
Further shame there's no rifle or shotgun mod like Lethal Torrent!

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Apparently you can only use one of these even if it's from different sites.

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Aug 14, 2015

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I gave a M2 goon a Latron P set yesterday :v:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I gave a goon my one Ankyros Prime blade yesterday and in trade I got a full Lex Prime set! :toot:

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I'm really loving my Lex Prime since the buff. It brings me back to the days when I would regularly out-damage the other three players on an old Earth defense tile and the regular Lex.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I'm using the Hikou and loving it's ridiculous fire rate, but looking it up it seems the prime version is actually slower. Is it still acceptably hilarious? I don't want to go back to having my warframe's arm actually making distinct movements. :ohdear:

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

would it be worth buying a frame for this event? I only have excaliber and he's rank 30 now. I'm almost able to make volt, just need to make the helmet and then combine them all, but that's probably 2 days or so away. I could gte one of the 75p frames and level that up?

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

AlphaKretin posted:

I'm using the Hikou and loving it's ridiculous fire rate, but looking it up it seems the prime version is actually slower. Is it still acceptably hilarious? I don't want to go back to having my warframe's arm actually making distinct movements. :ohdear:

They have very similar sustained fire rates (~1% difference), thanks to the prime's larger magazine and faster reload. Mod availability means that prime pulls ahead once you start modding it.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Male Man posted:

They have very similar sustained fire rates (~1% difference), thanks to the prime's larger magazine and faster reload. Mod availability means that prime pulls ahead once you start modding it.

Oh, good :) Thank you.

In a vain attempt to add some content to this post I'll mention that an alert for an Aura mod is on but that's probably not that big of a deal.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

mulodyne posted:

Yeah, a lot has to be said for the goon clan on PC in this game. My first day playing goons set me up with a set of nightmare mods and serration + hornet strike + point blank.

I know earlier a dude was looking for a Mag Prime helmet BP in clan chat to trade and a couple people just straight up offered him one for free. Solid group of people.

Yeah, that was me. Got a Mag Prime helmet BP and a Paris Prime upper limb for a fusion core.

Now I just need to piggyback on enough voids and nightmares to get mods to trade for plat for warframe slots.

b00n
May 8, 2007
Lumbo strikes again.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

b00n posted:

Lumbo strikes again.

:allears:

On a somewhat related note, as someone who likes to drop bubbles wherever when I play Frost, I was very happy when they added the ability to pop your own bubbles with the #1 power. But did pubbies pay any attention to this development? Of course not, they still leave their lovely bubbles all over. Nobody can be bothered to read anything or check the wiki.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

queeb posted:

would it be worth buying a frame for this event? I only have excaliber and he's rank 30 now. I'm almost able to make volt, just need to make the helmet and then combine them all, but that's probably 2 days or so away. I could gte one of the 75p frames and level that up?

Never. Ever. Buy. Warframes. From. The. Market.

Bug someone in-channel to help you get a frame you need.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

With the theoretical exception of Vauban.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Tallgeese posted:

With the theoretical exception of Vauban.

I dunno man, a Frame + Slot + Potato doesn't seem bad especially if its something like Equinox where it'd take six friggin days to bake off.

b00n
May 8, 2007

Crono S. Magnum posted:

I dunno man, a Frame + Slot + Potato doesn't seem bad especially if its something like Equinox where it'd take six friggin days to bake off.

Equinox isn't all that great of a frame (unless I'm missing something), it'd be a waste of platinum.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
Equinox, when paired with Banshee, completely obliterates things. Other than that, yeah, seems mostly forgettable.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

What about Excalibur? 20 plat for a potato and 20 for a slot means Excalibur itself is only 35 plat. Or the same thing for other 75p frames.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Just have someone warp you to Pluto, no?

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

:frogsiren: Infested Nightmare Event Orokin Reactor Blueprint Alert is up for 24 Hours :frogsiren:

Edit: It's a 20 Round Defense, The enemies max out around Level ~37 by Round 20, buffed the same way as yesterday.

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Aug 14, 2015

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Tallgeese posted:

Just have someone warp you to Pluto, no?
For some people, the paltry amount of platinum might be the preferable price to pay instead of the effort of grinding for the parts.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Depends on the boss, but most of the bosses aren't bad to grind. Only the ones with multiple invulnerability phases can be tiresome. Otherwise, you just get a top-rank goon crew together and they just speed run and smash the boss into a million pieces.

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009
I think the issue is that they want a frame to level up during the bonus exp weekend, yall. Not that it would be difficult to get the frames, just the multi-day cook times. In that instance, excalibur is probably worth it imo. I bought it just cuz I'm not gonna get a prime version and I'd need a slot and potato ANYWAY.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
So apparently Tenno are elves and can walk on top of the snow, while their syndicate buddies must slog through it:

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
For the specific purpose of having a frame RIGHT NOW to level, the 75p frames aren't bad, and I'd add that Vauban and Mesa (Equinox too, but to a much lesser extent IMO) are worth considering to avoid the time and effort of getting them the normal way.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Synnr posted:

I think the issue is that they want a frame to level up during the bonus exp weekend, yall. Not that it would be difficult to get the frames, just the multi-day cook times. In that instance, excalibur is probably worth it imo. I bought it just cuz I'm not gonna get a prime version and I'd need a slot and potato ANYWAY.

Ah, right... in that case, I guess... since the cost to rush both the parts and the frames would probably be extraordinary.

Rap Three Times
Aug 2, 2013

Thrice, not twice, nay not four times either.
Grimey Drawer
I got a doggie

Warkak
Dec 21, 2010

Cheesefoot-
Don't kink shame
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/511036-pc-psa-covert-lethality-exalted-blade-changes/#entry5705339

Tenno,

Today Covert Lethality will be changed from ‘lethal damage if undetected’ to ‘lethal damage on stealth-finishers’. Covert Lethality is supposed to grant Lethal Damage for stealth tactics and not ground-slamming or obliterating blind enemies. We know this may come as a disappointment as many Tenno have sworn their life to the power of this Mod however the myriad of unintended uses was proving more powerful than intended.

After considering the use of Covert Lethality for Exalted Blade a debate ensued about the use of melee Mods that are specific to certain weapons; again, it was decided that while we intended for certain melee Mods to amplify Exalted Blade it didn't make sense for all melee Mods to apply. For example, currently the buff from Justice Blades works for Exalted Blade even though the mod is an augment for the Dual Cleavers.

Next week we intend to limit the Melee mods that work with Exalted Blade strictly to generic mods (ie: Pressure Point, Molten Impact, etc) but not weapon-specific augments. We appreciate that this will remove certain fitting strategies however we feel that those combos were not the intention of the ability and want to avoid making it so that you only want to play Excalibur with one or two specific weapons.

We hope that you will agree that this is better for Warframe balance and makes conceptual sense for how you would expect the power to work.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

God forbid something be fun AND effective, of course.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
There it is, the Exalted Blade Nerf we all knew was coming. :smith:
"We don't want you wanting to only play one Frame, so instead of improving the other Frames we're just going to beat things with the nerf bat until you do what we want :arghfist::saddowns:"

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

It's such a drat shame because I really liked getting the syndicate proc especially.

I don't care about the damage, but I love the proc.

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm

Malachite_Dragon posted:

"We don't want you wanting to only play one Frame, so instead of improving the other Frames we're just going to beat things with the nerf bat until you do what we want :arghfist::saddowns:"

apart from mesa

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
So this means that Covert Lethality not longer works on ANYTHING that doesn't have a stealth kill animation, moas, drones, rollers, chargers, vip targets, etc. GJ DE.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

I just Forma'd Excalibur and Skana last night so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVo3WXA3Ldo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TacMan
Aug 8, 2002

Vert used Hyperbeam,
It's super effective!

:steam: El Mole :steam:
There's probably no way to distinguish "non-alerted enemies" from "enemies that have been blinded and stunned", so it was either re-write NPC behavior or not let you do that cool thing.

not being able to use syndicate mods sucks though, I just put together my prisma skana today, just in time to never use it.