Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Hodgepodge posted:

To be fair, the Sword in the Stone is Clarent, not Excalibur (which was handed out by some lady in the middle of a lake).

There is a British documentary where lady laying in the shallow lake handing out swords is the prime political system. It does not seem to work very well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

Mr Hootington posted:

Lady behind me complaining that she would get in trouble if she killed illegals. You see she owned property in Texas but the illegals are such a infestation problem they had to get rid of it. She has friends down there that own ranches with armed guards and they kill these things that are invading and they are afraid of being hanged. They dig holes and dump the bodies way out there so they don't get caught. She has seen how violent they are and how they need putting down.

This is a teacher too.

Got a picture of yourself, Hoot, so we can try to go through the Fox footage?

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I've lived in Alabama my whole life and have never once seen or heard of white BBQ. Had to look it up. Just because some freaks up in the northen tip of us do that does not make that Alabamian BBQ.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Hodgepodge posted:

To be fair, the Sword in the Stone is Clarent, not Excalibur (which was handed out by some lady in the middle of a lake).

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
All this food discussion....This......This feels like the right time for these:

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
If I went around saying I was emperor because some moisten bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Der Kyhe posted:

You people with your sweet popcorn make me sick.

Unless you are the people who understand that the dressing is salt with or without cheese sauce. Then you are OK.

what

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 213 days!

Der Kyhe posted:

There is a British documentary where lady laying in the shallow lake handing out swords is the prime political system. It does not seem to work very well.

It had its strengths and weaknesses, as I recall. It was good at deploying blessed incendiaries against rodents, bad at anticipating the Spanish Inquisition.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

God corn dogs are gross :barf:

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Corn talk.

Some folk, especially Germans, put sugar and other sweet stuff as a topping on their popcorn.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Der Kyhe posted:

You people with your sweet popcorn make me sick.

Unless you are the people who understand that the dressing is salt with or without cheese sauce. Then you are OK.

I thought so, until I tried the Chicago Mix of caramel and cheese. It's amazing.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

BUSH LIED PEOPLE DIED

quote:

WASHINGTON -- A Las Vegas campaign event for GOP presidential contender Jeb Bush came to a sudden end this week as activists, unhappy with how Bush addressed a question on racial injustice, chanted, "Black Lives Matter."

After the confrontation, the Bush campaign said the candidate had privately met with advocates for the movement before the event, an assertion that appeared in multiple articles about the disruption.

But that description is misleading, The Huffington Post has learned.

There was a meeting, but no activists from the Black Lives Matter movement participated. Instead, Bush met with a local elected official, a GOP lobbyist and a staffer from an anti-poverty organization.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

PT6A posted:

If I went around saying I was emperor because some moisten bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

I still laugh at this line every time, and I don't know why.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Joe Bien Wades Further Into 2016 Bid

quote:

And he has permitted his advisers to discreetly contact operatives in early nominating states to determine how fast they could organize a campaign.

A once bare-bones “Draft Biden” movement has entered a new, more aggressive phase that resembles an exploratory committee. With a Biden family loyalist now involved, the group is contacting Democratic insiders about everything from how to establish a presence at the Iowa State Fair this week to which Democratic donors and officials in South Carolina need to be contacted.

Still, there is no waiting movement for Mr. Biden to tap into: He has not a cent of campaign money and has not taken any formal steps toward a campaign.
When asked whether Mr. Biden and his innermost circle of advisers had blessed Draft Biden’s efforts, Mr. Alcorn demurred. “I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t think it was the right thing to do,” he said.

Are y'all pretty sure he's not running?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 213 days!

Der Kyhe posted:

Corn talk.

Some folk, especially Germans, put sugar and other sweet stuff as a topping on their popcorn.

Wait, do you people not have Kettle Corn?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I haven't had a corn dog in ages. :smith:

platzapS posted:

Joe Bien Wades Further Into 2016 Bid

Pretty sure this is a line being pushed by Amy Chozick, just like when it first came up. No independent confirmation has ever been brought up that I recall.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Third World Reggin posted:

I wanna see jeb with some corn cobs in tin foil

What's this now? Why would Jeb be wrapping corn cobs in tinfoil/being given corn cobs in tinfoil?

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
We won't know for sure until the Biden camp starts setting up the fog machines.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Hodgepodge posted:

Wait, do you people not have Kettle Corn?

Nope, at least not outside some places like circus etc. I have had some sweet popcorn, but that really isn't what we tend to eat or something that can be bought from any local groceries.

We nordics like our popcorn salted and our "get-shitfaced"-beer as plain lager.

Der Kyhe fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Aug 14, 2015

ATribeCalledKvetch
Nov 5, 2010

I do hate myself, but it has nothing to do with being Jewish.
2016 Presidential Primary: I'm Glad We All Agree That Carolinians Are Degenerates

platzapS posted:

Joe Biden Wades Further Into 2016 Bid

"Still, there is no waiting movement for Mr. Biden to tap into: He has not a cent of campaign money and has not taken any formal steps toward a campaign."

I'd be amazed if he did.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

Gregoriev posted:

2016 Presidential Primary: I'm Glad We All Agree That Carolinians Are Degenerates

"Still, there is no waiting movement for Mr. Biden to tap into: He has not a cent of campaign money and has not taken any formal steps toward a campaign."

I'd be amazed if he did.

Yeah, and that 10-13% he's getting in a lot of polls will probably go toward Hillary, or maybe a 50/50 split with her and Bernie.

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Gregoriev posted:

I'd be amazed if he did.

The only reason I could think that he might do so is as a spoiler for Hillary. I'm not sure if the two of them get along with one another or not, but HRC and Pres. Obama haven't always been on the best terms. I understand that Biden and Obama are good friends with one another, but a presidential campaign seems to be a bit overkill to say "gently caress you" to HIllary. Then again, these are the people who have the political and financial capital to pull something like that off and Trump is the front runner at the moment in the GOP - so it makes as much sense as anything else.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Warcabbit posted:

Got a picture of yourself, Hoot, so we can try to go through the Fox footage?

Sure!

Bonus hover hands on the left. I was afraid to touch my prom date.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

Mr Hootington posted:

Sure!

Beautiful, just beautiful

e: We need a thread for pictures of goons with candidates this cycle

e2: ^^^^ What happened to HitchBOT?

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005
Is the robot wearing a trump cap.

I'm going to assume yes.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Sure!

my god

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

biden is probably just setting up the basics in case the hillary campaign implodes due to the email stuff and leaves no other establishment choice. i suspect if hillary were to fully implode though there would be a lot of people trying to jump in, not just biden.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

It's nice that they're at least letting O'Malley simulate voter–candidate interactions like this.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

railroad terror posted:

That is a good idea! I'll go make that thread.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

railroad terror posted:

Philly happened :911:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
O'Malley's kind of a DILF

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jan 22, 2016

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

i suspect if hillary were to fully implode though there would be a lot of people trying to jump in, not just biden.

"if"

:cmon:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Something Else posted:

O'Malley's kind of a DILF

Matt Drudge parachute account spotted

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

So technically we still have the option that Al Gore runs again, wins the popular vote and this time loses to Donald Trump?

I personally do not believe in intervening God, but if this happens I will reinstate my membership to the local church and start praying hardcore.

Because when the nukes start to fall, I might as well hedge my bets on any possible outcome on afterlife.

Hail anyone who's on this frequency.

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
please stop with this

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jan 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

O'Malley has to wear a nametag otherwise no one will know who he is.

• Locked thread