Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

theflyingorc posted:

what do they even think that means

why do people buy into the dumbest things when it comes to things you eat

human beings are the dumbest, most easily convinced creatures after dogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
humans may actually be worse because unlike dogs, we are all convinced that we ourselves are rational

if you tell a dog that it is stupid, it will go pout in a corner

if you tell a human he is stupid, he will get all belligerent and actually become *more* sure of himself

pram
Jun 10, 2001
people with autism tend to show more empathy towards animals than humans

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

theflyingorc posted:

what do they even think that means

why do people buy into the dumbest things when it comes to things you eat

for a long time the FDA would not approve the "organic" label and associated regulations b/c they did studies showing that consumers would start attributing all sorts of magical health benefits to products w/ the label

then the bush administration came along and whelp who cares about those studies

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

pram posted:

welp i guess i have the 'tism because people are loving awful :shobon:

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

pram posted:

i think i've figured that out actually

it's a combination of the just-world fallacy and the implicit belief that all humans have agency while animals do not

so if an animal is mistreated, it's because a human mistreated it, but if something bad happened to a human, they in some way deserved it

obviously this is complete bullshit but it would explain the way a lot of people think

pram
Jun 10, 2001
yes

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
funny, i've always thought that a sign of autism was overanalyzing social interactions trying to seek a systematized cause/effect

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

I run SyncRPG, and produce original, digital content for the Pathfinder RPG, designed from the ground up to be played online.

ol qwerty bastard posted:

if you tell a human he is stupid, he will get all belligerent and actually become *more* sure of himself

this is the worst thing

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

I run SyncRPG, and produce original, digital content for the Pathfinder RPG, designed from the ground up to be played online.

ol qwerty bastard posted:

so if an animal is mistreated, it's because a human mistreated it, but if something bad happened to a human, they in some way deserved it

this is why america is so mad about a lion while hundreds of black people are murdered by the police

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Inverse Icarus posted:

this is the worst thing

you are stupid

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

pram posted:

you are stupid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cbf3rOkOKFU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
can u imagine. someone getting belligerent when you say theyre stupid? wtf? i cant even right now

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
pandas need r help

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

for a long time the FDA would not approve the "organic" label and associated regulations b/c they did studies showing that consumers would start attributing all sorts of magical health benefits to products w/ the label

then the bush administration came along and whelp who cares about those studies

its fine though because the only people it hurts is the dumbest people with the most money. it would be harmful if gm crops were labeled because that would make people unnecessarily wary of cheap, sustainable food.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

wayfinder posted:

yiou shouldnt eat white bread

i thought we were supposed to eat the rich though

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Shaggar posted:

its fine though because the only people it hurts is the dumbest people with the most money. it would be harmful if gm crops were labeled because that would make people unnecessarily wary of cheap, sustainable food.

what idiot country is it that's planning to go gmo free for all their domestic crops?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Inverse Icarus posted:

this is why america is so mad about a lion while hundreds of black people are murdered by the police

that i can't comprehend tho, zim has been under a horrible dictatorship for years now and everyone's mad about a lion?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Hmm, that's a pretty rare Pepe.

I can give you 5 Original Run pepes for it.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Radio Paranoia posted:

that i can't comprehend tho, zim has been under a horrible dictatorship for years now and everyone's mad about a lion?

no one gives a gently caress about the lives of africans. this isn't news or anything

lions on the other hand are majestic and part of nature and so far more interesting to people not in africa

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Hmm, that's a pretty rare Pepe.

I can give you 5 Original Run pepes for it.

i was thinking it was more of a :frogout:

i'm an old man and not really familiar with these, how you say, memes

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

infernal machines posted:

what idiot country is it that's planning to go gmo free for all their domestic crops?

the entire EU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

lol. famine ahoy!

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

i was thinking it was more of a :frogout:

i'm an old man and not really familiar with these, how you say, memes

it's pronounced may-may

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:
posting on page 808

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjlSiASsUIs&hd=1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh1AypBaIEk&hd=1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivr57dcs9-E&hd=1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfXKkNo7YZ8

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Radio Paranoia posted:

human beings are the dumbest, most easily convinced creatures after dogs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEQXeLjY9ak

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlGdqHwpIFo

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
folks when someone says "i went downtown and there was a shooting of some sort" would you think they saw someone making a movie? all the dictionary definitions i can find tell me yeah that's a correct way of phrasing it but my instinct says when they're filming it's called a shoot, and when they're using guns it's a shooting

he;pl

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

new Iron Maiden video is pretty yos pos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F7A24f6gNc

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Makes the girlies get dum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfOJaoeE3mQ

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

wayfinder posted:

folks when someone says "i went downtown and there was a shooting of some sort" would you think they saw someone making a movie? all the dictionary definitions i can find tell me yeah that's a correct way of phrasing it but my instinct says when they're filming it's called a shoot, and when they're using guns it's a shooting

he;pl
i would assume they were shooting guns

if it was a movie, it would be phrased like, "i went downtown and they were shooting a movie of some sort"

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

no one gives a gently caress about the lives of africans. this isn't news or anything

lions on the other hand are majestic and part of nature and so far more interesting to people not in africa

lions are more african than my rear end!

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

tons of countries already are, and a lot more will only use it for animal feed or whatever

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hN4OZON2dnc&hd=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CazLDbgt1v8

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

wayfinder posted:

he;pl

yeah it's you saw a film shoot or watched them shooting a film, but you didn't see a shooting unless someone got some lead in em

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

mascot violence is always funny as hell to me

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

mascot violence is always funny as hell to me

if a man in a frog suit spin kicking a yakuza is wrong, then brother i don't want to be right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Nintendo Kid posted:

tons of countries already are, and a lot more will only use it for animal feed or whatever

this also raises some questions about the exact definition of "'gmo", because it seems like it would be literally impossible to grow much of anything that doesn't fall into that category after 10,000 years or so of agriculture

• Locked thread