Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Mathematical literacy is a good professional tool to develop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CCKeane posted:

O'Malley would be a terrible choice for a VP slot. He has some of the worst race based policies of anybody in the race on either party, and he laid the groundwork for the unrest in Baltimore.

He Is Not A Good Choice.

O'Malley is also pro-agribusiness, and was one of the biggest blocks to trying to regulate factory farms/CAFOs in Maryland so they stop polluting the Chesapeake Bay (which is still a stankhole largely because of wastewater runoff from CAFOs in Maryland).

CCKeane posted:

Mathematical literacy is a good professional tool to develop.
Actual literacy is good as well, reading comprehension is very important.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I don't consider it fall until I start regularly having dreams that take place in the Walking Dead universe, but with the spinoff starting soon fall has arrived a little early.

Last night I dreamed me and my "team" were with a family in Savannah, GA, hiding out in a boarded-up plantation home, but then someone did something stupid and we lost power and then a hoard of zombies came and we had to run away, it sucked noodles. I think in my subconscious zombies represent climate change since in most of my dreams I am trying to get people to live temperately and moderately and prudently but a few people eat everything/break everything/leave the windows open and lights on at night, which ultimately causes zombies to attack destroying the world.

I think this is why Mad Max: Fury Road appealed to me so much, too, since it's After The Fall but it's people with a total no-nonsense approach to trying to make everything better (usually by violently confronting toxic masculinity and there is a direct arrow between that and environmental degradation so that appeals to me).

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Pinterest Mom posted:

Can't have two candidates from the same state~

I don't think this is true, politifact on a quick google search just told me this is false.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

BottleKnight posted:

I don't think this is true, politifact on a quick google search just told me this is false.

You can have a President and a Vice President from the same state, but it is seldom prudent as more diversity helps to sway a wider range of voters to the ticket.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Meinberg posted:

You can have a President and a Vice President from the same state, but it is seldom prudent as more diversity helps to sway a wider range of voters to the ticket.

Sure, I just thought PMom was referring to a law in place preventing that.

Politifact talked about the possibility of the Bush/Rubio ticket as they are both from Florida.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Meinberg posted:

Naw, it affects the electoral college. It is why Cheney pulled shenanigans.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

BottleKnight posted:

Sure, I just thought PMom was referring to a law in place preventing that.

Politifact talked about the possibility of the Bush/Rubio ticket as they are both from Florida.

The literal rule is

quote:

The electors shall meet in their respective states, and vote by ballot for two persons, of whom one at least shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves.

You can have two people on the ticket from the same state, but it means that the VP won't be able to receive that state's electoral votes - in both Florida and New York's case, that's >10% of the votes you need to win.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
it would take the supreme court five seconds to moot that part of the constitution.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

it would take the supreme court five seconds to moot that part of the constitution.

I hope the supreme Court makes capitalism illegal.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I hope the supreme court makes bacon mandatory.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

The Supreme Court has ruled that living in New York City makes you unable to appreciate the humanity in society and thus such beings will not be legally considered people.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CCKeane posted:

bernie becomes president with castro as VP... fidel castro!! marx lenin and mao are resurrected and become supreme court justices, and together with ginsburg and sotomayor the communist voting bloc makes capitalism illegal, being gay mandatory, and peta becomes the new epa.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

The Supreme Court has ruled that living in New York City makes you unable to appreciate the humanity in society and thus such beings will not be legally considered people.

This is the premise behind hit Nicholas Cage movie City of Angels.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CCKeane posted:

This is the premise behind hit Nicholas Cage movie City of Angels.

it is also the premise behind the hit Kurt Russel movie Escape from L.A.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

CCKeane posted:

CapitalistPig posted:

I hope the supreme court makes bacon mandatory.

I feel like if they did both of these there would be no more CapitalistPig

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

BottleKnight posted:

I feel like if they did both of these there would be no more CapitalistPig

This is the premise behind the hit Charleton Heston movie Soylent Green.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I wish I was nominated for the position of supreme Court Justice so I could troll everybody with impunity all day long.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

This is the premise behind the hit Charleton Heston movie Soylent Green.

Soylent Green is pig! Just pork! This seems totally acceptable actually!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

BottleKnight posted:

Soylent Green is pig! Just pork! This seems totally acceptable actually!

This is the premise behind the hit movie The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Because whk has a problem with meatloaf for dinner?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

merk posted:

Let's all predict the 2016 presidential race ticket (bold is my winner prediction):
Republican: Jeb Bush / John Kasich
Democrat: Hillary Clinton / Martin O'Malley

You're republican ticket is pretty good. Kasich being from Ohio is great candidate material since it's so often a swing state. O'Malley isn't a great pick because he doesn't bring anything to the table and Maryland isn't really a swing state. They'd probably try for someone that is from a particular state or something. Not that I know who that'd be.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I like how JakeP got potatoed and immediately unpotatoed himself.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
ain't no body got time for that

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Republican: Donald Trump/ 420bootywizard
Democrat: Joe Biden/ Hillary Clinton

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

idk if Biden could win but I'd probably vote for him. He'd be a great president.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

imgay posted:

Republican: Donald Trump/ 420bootywizard
Democrat: Joe Biden/ Hillary Clinton

id be fine with the trump bootywizard ticket, but I really am hoping Trump does the right thing and goes with Gilbert Gottfried or Gary Busey.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Anyone interested in starting a village with me in Haven & Hearth on the 21st when the devs reset the world with a big update?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Met posted:

Anyone interested in starting a village with me in Haven & Hearth on the 21st when the devs reset the world with a big update?

This seems interesting.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Met posted:

oh my god, I swear the last time I looked at this website was 2009 and it looked the exact same then.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Met posted:

Looks cool, kind of like a mix of farmville and don't starve

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
market rubio and lady
bernie and jon stewart

are going to be the presidental nomines

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
this election is really intersting its like almost as interestting as the politics in the hit anime legend of the galatic heroes

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

bush/bush
clinton/clinton

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Do you guys like games of chance?

Anyone who quotes this post before 10pm will have a 1/10 chance of being sent a dick pick

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Magnus Gallant posted:

Anyone who quotes this post before 10pm will have a 1/10 chance of being sent a dick pick

I'm in it to win it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Magnus Gallant posted:

We can all pool the dick pics we get.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

mr.capps posted:

this election is really intersting its like almost as interestting as the politics in the hit anime legend of the galatic heroes

The politics of the anime The Last Airbender were better IMO.

Quick, somebody link the thing!

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
You know who would be a pretty good president? That guy Rand Paul. I think a non-interventionist foreign policy, a comprehensive reform of the racist criminal justice system, an end of the war on drugs, ending corporate subsidies and bailouts, and balancing the budget would be pretty nice. I think ending all that NSA domestic spying seems reasonable too.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Google Rand Paul

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Magnus Gallant posted:

*crosses fingers*