Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I'm playing persona 4 (ps2 version) - is there any key stuff I should know? I'm using all my self-discipline to not look at a guide and just play. I skipped the first dungeon for a few days to do social stuff, but I think it's time to go in - I'm scared.

Aside from the fact that Kanji is the best waifu just play the game how you feel for your first time and don't stress getting max social links.

Also when you finish it look up an ending guide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Nate RFB posted:

There's a novel's worth of unnecessary words on beforeiplay about P4.
Holy poo poo you weren't kidding. Looks like I have something to put on my kindle.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
All you need to to know is that you need to talk a girl in the side school building in order to start Kanji's S-Link. For a first playthrough just focus on the S-Links on the party members you want to use, for secondary S-Links just don't worry about them too much though Dojima and Nanako are good ones to focus one as well as The Fox if you want to grind in dungeons more.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Last character trailer for P4D before it hits States and it's the Yukiko one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR07K99qPdE

Yukiko sounds weird, but overall she's fine. I never really payed attention to her P4D look and realized that when you take her boring outfit and give her sneakers and get rid of her stockings then it actually becomes a lot more visually pleasing to look at.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

gosh she actually wears tights get it right nerd

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

you shouldn't wear headphones when people are talking to you yukiko

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I hope she has earbuds on under the headphones

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Yukiko's VA sounds like she's doing what she can but is being given bad direction so the lines, even in context, have limited variation in tone or performance.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Persona 4: Phoning It In All Night

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I get the impression the English voice actors are as sick of Persona 4 as we are.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I think the fact there's only 3 of them left is kinda sad too.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I get the impression the English voice actors are as sick of Persona 4 as we are.

I got the impression that the VA stuff for this game was just rushed and not a lot of effort was put in by the studio

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

I got the impression that the VA stuff for this game was just rushed and not a lot of effort was put in by the studio

I get the feeling Atlus USA increasingly stops giving a poo poo as time goes on too. Just a few years ago they were mocking XSeed for localizing Senran Kagura and now Atlus USA are localizing games even more full of anime perverse bullshit than any Senran Kagura game.

Kind of makes me worry for Persona 5's localization.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

I got a feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Uh, why

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I think P5's localization will be good and that DAN was probably pushed to the side a bit

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Mr. Fortitude posted:

P5's localisation will be fine because Atlus is more likely to put effort into translating a game that'll probably make them a good more money than a lot of their recent catalogue.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Judging the efforts of a company's localization efforts over the 6th spin-off rhythm game seems a bit Chicken Little

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Maybe it's time to start playing Atlus's non-Persona games.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Persona 5 is a far more important property than DAN and should have an equal or greater dub than p4

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Cake Attack posted:

Persona 5 is a far more important property than DAN and should have an equal or greater dub than p4

Spoilers: Bryce Pappenbrook will be in it.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I get the feeling Atlus USA increasingly stops giving a poo poo as time goes on too. Just a few years ago they were mocking XSeed for localizing Senran Kagura and now Atlus USA are localizing games even more full of anime perverse bullshit than any Senran Kagura game.

Presumably they will actually give a poo poo about P5 though? It's not inconsistent to be sick of dumb franchise cash in stuff but enthusiastic about something interesting.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Junpei Hyde posted:

Spoilers: Bryce Pappenbrook will be in it.

I could see him being the MC but the silent protagonist doesn't need a good voice really. And based on awakening he could handle yelling persona and stuff

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

I could see him being the MC but the silent protagonist doesn't need a good voice really. And based on awakening he could handle yelling persona and stuff

I can understand them getting a decent actor for the MC so they have someone for the inevitable spin offs when the MC has actual lines.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Please do not cast Pappenbrook as any of the main cast unless they're absolutely crazy or have funny accents.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I just hope Miku will show up as P5 as well, even if it's just a cameo as a DLC persona.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Baal posted:

Please do not cast Pappenbrook as any of the main cast unless they're absolutely crazy or have funny accents.

But P5 MC does tend to look crazy from what we've seen so far.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Baal posted:

Cast Bryce as Caesar, the transfer student from Italy.

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

Junpei Hyde posted:

I thought Yosuke was gay when I first played P4G.

They cut that content.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

ErichZahn posted:

They cut that content.

I thought that was just a rumor.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Ben Diskin as P5 protag. He can play both nerd and smooth motherfucker.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Junpei Hyde posted:

I thought that was just a rumor.

There's unused audio in the Japanese and English releases, but for all we know they might've thrown them in as jokes.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Strange Quark posted:

There's unused audio in the Japanese and English releases, but for all we know they might've thrown them in as jokes.

Huh.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

The "Yosuke is planned to be gay" thing is a theory that popped up when people found some unused audio. But it doesn't really have any context, and apparently there's some translation nonsense where the meaning of certain words doesn't have the same connotation as it does in English or something.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I think he's pulling your leg.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Tallgeese posted:

I think he's pulling your leg.

No that's not my leg.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Normie Slayer posted:

The "Yosuke is planned to be gay" thing is a theory that popped up when people found some unused audio. But it doesn't really have any context, and apparently there's some translation nonsense where the meaning of certain words doesn't have the same connotation as it does in English or something.

daisuki does not actually mean love

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I've decided the absolute worst part of P3P is repeatedly hitting O/X for 45mn straight attempting to get both Evil Smile and Fear Boost to show up on Thanatos at the same time. :suicide:

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Mr. Fortitude posted:

tell me which games these are, so i can buy them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Inflammatory posted:

tell me which games these are, so i can buy them.

dungeon travelers 2