Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

mastervj posted:

I don't how you people put yourselves through this, but you have my thanks.

you people? :stare: goon lives matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

GalacticAcid posted:

Jeb! is taking the Trump route and shedding all hint of subtlety, just being himself.

His thought at that moment: "Could it work sideways?"

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Weigel on Webb and O'Malley: Single-digit Democrats thrive in a shrinking Hillary shadow

quote:

"Hey, robot man!" said Martin O'Malley. "Will you caucus for me?"

The former Democratic governor of Maryland was addressing an educational "robot" wearing a tie-dyed shirt, standing at an intersection of the Iowa State Fairgrounds -- a cybernetic organism much sturdier than the late hitchBot. Just moments earlier, O'Malley had tobogganed down a slide with his son, William, and daughter, Grace, and the camera crews around him were ready for more kitsch.

"What kind of technology experience do you have?" said the piped-in voice of the robot.

"I have lots of technology experience," said O'Malley. "Mostly on the campaigns."

The robot was silent. His electronic display did not move. His voice actor seemed as confused as passersby, who had been stage-whispering questions like "who is that?" and "is he famous?" as O'Malley worked the fair.

But Webb would not criticize any of his opponents. He referred obliquely to "the attention that the candidates who are more on the extreme are getting in the media." After his speech, hounded by a few reporters, he refused to comment on Hillary Clinton's ongoing email scandal, or the rumors of a Joe Biden presidential bid stoked by friends of the vice president.

After the speech, Webb worked his way quietly out of the fair, pursued by TV cameras, stopping only to sign copies of his book and a photo of a voter's soldier son. He insisted that he was having fun regardless.

"I actually saw one T-shirt that said: I'm not interested, I'm in it for the chicks," said Webb. "This is a fair. Everybody is selling something or going on a ride."

2016 Presidential Primary: Everybody is selling something or going on a ride.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Mr Hootington posted:

Sure!

Bonus hover hands on the left. I was afraid to touch my prom date.

Steven Crowder would be so jealous if he knew you touched his waifu.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

crazy cloud posted:

you people? :stare: goon lives matter.

let's not needlessly dilute a valuable expression, here

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
At the north Iowa wing ding. Clinton, sanders, o'malley, Chaffee will be here tonight. It is crazy here. Lots of bused in supporters for Hillary and o'malley.

Not much sanders or Chaffee present. Meet Lloyd Kelli and willie Wilson both are candidates for president.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Where'd the find the cash to fly every single O'Malley supporter to Iowa? :psyduck:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Mr Hootington posted:

Not much sanders or Chaffee present.

Awesome that you're there, can you try to get a quote from an honest-to-god Lincoln Chafee supporter?

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
At this point, O'Malley needs to give up on the left-of-Hillary but right-of-Bernie game and just lean into the Carcetti image.

"Yeah, I'm a scumbag, but I get stuff done. I know how to work the system and gently caress over everyone."

A Trump for the left.

mastervj
Feb 25, 2011

Der Kyhe posted:

Corn talk.

Some folk, especially Germans, put sugar and other sweet stuff as a topping on their popcorn.

Best Pop Corn Spices: salt, paprika, garlic and black pepper.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

The X-man cometh posted:

At this point, O'Malley needs to give up on the left-of-Hillary but right-of-Bernie game and just lean into the Carcetti image.

"Yeah, I'm a scumbag, but I get stuff done. I know how to work the system and gently caress over everyone."

A Trump for the left.

Trump should be running as a democrat as well you mean :getin:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Walker is going to win the Republican primary no matter what: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDl1K8t1CZI

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Moments before being dogpiled by cardboard secret service agents

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

I'm in Des Moines for work and got to live my dream. I met Martin O'Malley and asked him, "You're the guy from Baltimore who is running for President, right? Governor Carcetti?"

He just laughed and said, "Nope, I'm Martin O'Malley. The Wire was great television, but it's also fiction." Then he asked me to caucus for him, but I said I don't live in Iowa and he said to check out his website and gave me a sticker. I should have had a better question to ask him, but I didn't have any off the top of my head and he left after about 30 seconds.

That is my story. Thank you for listening Goons.

This is one of the best things I've read all week. Chapeau!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:golfclap:

Jewel Repetition posted:

Walker is going to win the Republican primary no matter what: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDl1K8t1CZI

He'd better get his poo poo together in the debates, cause he was bad at the first one. Koch money only goes so far.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

GalacticAcid posted:

These never get old for me oh my god

I really hope a Jeb Bush graft scandal emerges, so this image can get more mainstream exposure.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

O'malley chants are starting to drive me crazy. It is hot out here.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

That hover hand is gold

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Sir Tonk posted:

:golfclap:

He'd better get his poo poo together in the debates, cause he was bad at the first one. Koch money only goes so far.

He was sleepwalking at the first debate because it literally didn't matter

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

New reports on the least important candidate of the cycle who is somehow managing to take everything annoying about the Internet and combine it into one campaign:

Jimmy Wales is going to chair Lessig's exploratory committee. According to Wales, "when you light up the Internet, anything is possible."

(Also Lessig will run if his crowd funding campaign hits 1 million by Labor Day. It's so nice to see Democrats getting into the scampaign spirit.)

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
“… don’t let the brevity of these passages prevent you from savoring the profundity of the advice you are about to receive.”

And 198 more golden, classy Donald Trump quotes.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Kalman posted:

Jimmy Wales is going to chair Lessig's exploratory committee.

How I imagine this exploration will end:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrokMa1QlKo

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Two protestors against Hillary. One sign says Benghazi plus foreign donation plus email scandal equals no trust Hillary. 2nd says leadership requires accountability not Hillary stories

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Zeta Taskforce posted:

You are amazing. Both Trump and Santorum are good at posing. Carly's eyes are saying please hurry up with the drat picture

Carly hasn't learned that people without facial recognition problems can tell when the muscles that pull your eyes into a smile are lax and bored.

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

GalacticAcid posted:

2016 Presidential Primary: Everybody is selling something or being taken for a ride.

Fixed that for you.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
how long will it be before the single-digit candidates just give up? do we really have to wait until iowa?

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

fronz posted:

how long will it be before the single-digit candidates just give up? do we really have to wait until iowa?

Yes. Iowa and New Hampshire for the ones who don't self destruct usually.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

fronz posted:

Some of them might even hold on til May.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I'm going to get real tired of reminding myself who Lincoln Chafee is.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

lincoln chafee sounds like a military helicopter

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
In my opinion, Lincoln Chafee sounds like an obscure car model from the 50s

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Is Lessig running as a republican?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Nintendo Kid posted:

It was the upscale rebadged Ford Edsel if I'm not mistaken.

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

Nintendo Kid posted:

"The 1956 Lincoln Chafee. Produced for just one year, it was quickly abandoned by Lincoln after it was introduced as 'America's First Metric Car.' Only 5 units were sold before the Chafee design was retired."

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

euphronius posted:

Is Lessig running as a republican?

Democrat, but as a Huckabee-style scam artist, I guess?

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Mr Hootington posted:

All BBQ is better than Iowa BBQ.

lol look at that sad plate

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

fronz posted:

If the networks stop having kids' table debates, and the polling companies drop them from the questionnaires, that might be enough.

Perry's running out of money, I don't know if he'll officially drop out even if he stops campaigning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Lord of Pie posted:

Moments before being dogpiled by cardboard secret service agents

Cardboard Reagan sighed as he drew his cardboard sword.

• Locked thread